Forums/Armchair-GM

rangers performance index

Créé par: tea
Équipe: 2021-22 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 24 janv. 2022
Publié: 24 janv. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I wanted to make a list rating how important each player has been to the rangers this season.

LW, the mvps:

lets get the obvious ones out of the way. shesterkin has had maybe 3 average games all season, but for the most part he's played like a vezina finalist and been the biggest reason the rangers are 1st in the metro.

panarin is the highest paid player on the team, and he plays like it. in the last two seasons, hes scored the 4th and 5th best points paces in franchise history, both being 1.38 points per game, only beaten by boucher in 1929-30, jagr in 2005-06, and ratelle in 1971-72. it says a lot when 43 points in 37 games is an off-year.

i wanna talk about kreider and zibanejad together, because theyv both been ridiculously good this season. while zibanejad's scoring has dropped from the insane goal paces of the past few seasons, he's helped kreider to 2nd in league goal scoring, with 29. both have been ridiculous this season, and both have 15 points in 10 games in 2022. it's also interesting that gg, with kakko being out, put panarin on the left wing, alongside zibanejad and kreider. id love to see that in the future. another thing ive been impressed with is their play defensively, and on the penalty kill, which has been absolutely crucial. id be happy with either of them as our captain.

fox is maybe the best defenseman in the league right now, he's over a point per game, and I wouldn't be surprised if at one point we see articles about hall of famer adam fox.

speaking of fox, lindgren has also proved to be one of the most important players on the team this season. he's been excellent on the penalty kill, and his defensive prowess has freed fox up to focus more on offense, allowing him to be more of a rover, generating a lot of scoring chances. while the defense overall has been bailed out at times by shesterkin, lindgren has been one of the best defensive defensemen in the league. id even say fox and lindgren, are up there with weegar/ekblad, and makar/toews, as easily one of the best defensive pairings in the league.

a lot of people say strome is only good because of panarin, but the way he's played even when panarin's been out has sort of proved otherwise. he's scored 31 points in 38 games, and has really stepped up without panarin. he's also played a bit on the penalty kill and has arguably proved himself worthy of a contract extension.

Centre, really good:

is it safe to say trouba has finally started living up to the contract? it depends a bit on the game, sometimes he can be a bit invisible, but yeah id say he has. 8 goals, 21 point in 42 games, +8 (yes +/- is a garbage stat), has played a ton on the penalty kill and pp2, and we all know the role he's played in the hitting department. while i still think he needs some more consistency, and his defensive game is still a little questionable, he's overall been really good this season.

i still dont like the goodrow contract, but i cant deny he's someone im pretty happy we have. an excellent depth piece, who can play any position, fill in to the top 6, and while its not what we got him for, has actually been alright offensively. the most important part though is that hes been really good defensively, and a bit reason why our penalty kill is 3rd in the league.

rooney is another reason to why or pk is this good, my only complaint is that hes really bad on faceoffs. hes been one of the best players

goodrows been alright when shestys been out. hes had some bad games, but hes also had some really good games. if drury can sign him to maybe a 2x1 i wouldnt mind him staying.

RW, solid but not great:

kakko, laffy, chytil, and miller have all seemingly been teetering on the edge of breaking out this season, and we really need them to. kakkos been solid, laffys had his moments, same with chytil, and miller is kinda impossible to judge. i always thought the rangers moving to contender status would go hand in hand with the youngsters breaking out, but whether it be shesterkin harnessing his inner vasilevskiy, fox being the best rangers defenseman since brian leetch, or 30 year old chris kreider competing with 36 year old alexandar ovechkin for the rocket (what is this season), the rangers have been doing more than fine despite them all still seemingly struggling to adapt to the big leagues. i wonder how good they'd be with kakko and laffy playing to their potential, let alone chytil and miller breaking out.

i guess dryden hunts been here? i dunno hes been alright, but i dont get how he snuck on the 2nd line, and why hes managed to stay there for months without doing anything. i mean laffy is struggling a bit, but hes never gonna break out just chilling on the 3rd line.

LD: biggest surprised:

if gauthier could finish half of the chances he magically generates, he could beat ovi to gretzkys goal record.

ryan reaves has had a multi goal game this year. i think that counts as a surprise, right?

buchnevich has as many goals as zibanejad this year, and i actually wouldnt mind... if blais didnt get injured 2 minutes into the season.

RD, nemeth:

i dont really wanna know why we signed nemeth... to a 3 year deal... with a 2.5 aav... with a m-ntc...... AND IT WASNT EVEN THE WORST THING DRURY DID THIS SEASON

if we werent contenders id be hunting

im honestly surprised at how many players i rated very highly, maybe im overrating this team but if shesty could steal some games, i wouldnt be too surprised to see the rangers go further than expected in the playoffs. then again they've been destroyed by both the caps and the canes this season so who knows.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Shesterkin, Igor
45 666 667 $
Georgiev, Alexandar
12 425 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $75 569 248 $0 $7 100 000 $5 930 752 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Shesterkin, Igor
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
Logo de Rangers de New York
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AD
RFA - 1
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
Georgiev, Alexandar
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
874 125 $874 125 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 janv. 2022 à 11 h 57
This is Jake
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 109
Great assessment. I too worry that Igor hides our flaws and makes the team over preform, but then we have like 6 - 7 goal games. The speed of our rebuild has taken me off guard, I liked how we were looking even before Dolan freaked out on Gordon and Davidson. I have liked Miller's play and think he will be a solid bottom second pairing guy. Kakko shows flashes of stunning play, but cant do it consistently and doesnt finish enough. (
24 janv. 2022 à 13 h 4
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Quoting: Bob_Dole
Great assessment. I too worry that Igor hides our flaws and makes the team over preform, but then we have like 6 - 7 goal games. The speed of our rebuild has taken me off guard, I liked how we were looking even before Dolan freaked out on Gordon and Davidson. I have liked Miller's play and think he will be a solid bottom second pairing guy. Kakko shows flashes of stunning play, but cant do it consistently and doesnt finish enough. (

i agree. miller has been solid, but its clear hes not quite there yet. still has a ways to go. i am super happy that our lineup for the future is actually pretty solidified now. zibanejad, kreider, panarin, and strome still have a few year left, and if one of them drops off, or if either kakko or laffy actually are busts, we still have berard, cuylle, and especially othmann who looks insane in the ohl. two of them can also play rw which should mean we have the potential to have 8 or 9 top 6 caliber players for many years to come. our defense also looks great, fox/lindgren are both being very young and with a bit of luck will be our top pairing for another decade. miller and trouba are building chemistry and looks like a pretty solid pairing. nemeth will hopefully be gone soon, and we have three top tier d-prospects in schneider, lundkvist, and jones. we also have igor shesterkin, who with a bit of luck will be a perennial vezina/top 5 caliber goalie for a long time (lundqvist vibes), georgiev whos solid, and hopefully also garand.

the rebuild is more or less done, and our presidents trophy bid this season proves that. maybe we could add someone like rielly smith, or even a filip forsberg at the deadline, who could slot into the top 6 for the playoffs, but our biggest worry is fitting everything under the cap. especially with fox's big boy contract starting next year

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage