Forums/Armchair-GM

How does Francis have a job

Créé par: Flames123
Équipe: 2021-22 Kraken de Seattle
Date de création initiale: 22 janv. 2022
Publié: 22 janv. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just feel like no one is talking enough about how bad the expansion draft was for Seattle… had to get this out here. Missing out on guys like tarensenko,bean, etc. This team in trouble for a while with a gm who could of set them up a lot better…
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de CGY
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de WPG
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de COL
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
Logo de SEA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2581 500 000 $67 881 666 $0 $0 $13 618 334 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
2 940 000 $2 940 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
5 166 666 $5 166 666 $
C, AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
5 900 000 $5 900 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 6
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 5
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
landeskog was a Pending UFA, and he didnt want to sign anywhere else but Colorado.

but he had a chance to take tarensenko, JVR, Duchene,
Flames123 a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 42
Quoting: coga16
landeskog was a Pending UFA, and he didnt want to sign anywhere else but Colorado.

Yah realized immediately after I posted that he resigned. My bad
coga16 a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253

where is landeskog mentioned in the post and what does that have to do with anything?

edit: jk seeing they edited it by the time i got to it
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 38
Quoting: bagelbob
where is landeskog mentioned in the post and what does that have to do with anything?

he had it listed in his description then he edited, calm down
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: bagelbob

edit: jk seeing they edited it by the time i got to it

Haha I messed that up. Sorry guys
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 39
Quoting: Flames123
Yah realized immediately after I posted that he resigned. My bad

was just looking at the list of big name players that they could of had, Tarasneko, JVR, Duchene, Drouin, Domi, Johansen, Could have taken a shot on a Dadonov or Gostisbehere.
It really was mind boggling
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 40
Sabres
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 179
Voracek, Duchene… the list goes on
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Reason #1 : Ron Francis
Reason #2 : They want a shot at Wright in 2022 and Bedard in 2023
evelutions2 a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 42
Quoting: GMs
Reason #1 : Ron Francis
Reason #2 : They want a shot at Wright in 2022 and Bedard in 2023

iim starting to think Francis hired Dave Hakstol to be the scape goat of how bad this team is going to be. That was his first mistake, nothing showed that Dave Hakstol was a competent coach when he had his first stint with the flyers
ForsbergForVezina et mokumboi a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
iim starting to think Francis hired Dave Hakstol to be the scape goat of how bad this team is going to be. That was his first mistake, nothing showed that Dave Hakstol was a competent coach when he had his first stint with the flyers

I understand Seattle trying to get a player like Wright or Bedard, but the chance they get one of them is so low it is not worth it IMO. There were better players available in this expansion draft than the Vegas one. They really should have put a competitive team
Flames123 a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 45
Démarrer sujet
I understand Seattle trying to get a player like Wright or Bedard, but the chance they get one of them is so low it is not worth it IMO. There were better players available in this expansion draft than the Vegas one. They really should have put a competitive team

Exactly.. looking back at it it’s actually mind boggling haha
GMs a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 46

they still could have gotten wright or bedard by flipping assets of those good players. Imagine the return they would have got if they picked Tarasenko, retained 50% and sent him off to a contender. They had 1 shot to leverage getting picks and prospects and only got a couple mid round picks, Wild
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,974
Because Francis drafted the core of the Carolina Hurricanes, who are now one of the best teams in hockey. His stock will come on draft day. He won't get immediate results, but he did enough to make the team marketable (which they are) and sell out games (which they're doing) without risking their future draft stock. They've got assets to move, and Francis knows what he's doing on the draft floor. He did a good job from an owners perspective trying to make it marketable, and he's done a somewhat good job setting it up for the future. The one thing he's probably messed up is signing both goalies long term when they are eating several shades of sh*t
evelutions2 a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 48
Démarrer sujet
they still could have gotten wright or bedard by flipping assets of those good players. Imagine the return they would have got if they picked Tarasenko, retained 50% and sent him off to a contender. They had 1 shot to leverage getting picks and prospects and only got a couple mid round picks, Wild

Exactly… I remember watching the draft when and thinking.. hmm there must be some deals going on behind the scenes to take some of these players…. They didn’t get a single pick hahah. Would of make sense not to take tarensenko if the blues were like hey here’s and 2nd round pick. This still rattles me
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Caniac2000
Because Francis drafted the core of the Carolina Hurricanes, who are now one of the best teams in hockey. His stock will come on draft day. He won't get immediate results, but he did enough to make the team marketable (which they are) and sell out games (which they're doing) without risking their future draft stock. They've got assets to move, and Francis knows what he's doing on the draft floor. He did a good job from an owners perspective trying to make it marketable, and he's done a somewhat good job setting it up for the future. The one thing he's probably messed up is signing both goalies long term when they are eating several shades of sh*t

Totally disagree here. Read the post before. He still could of taken a better team, used those to help him in the draft. You can’t defend Francis one bit on this
Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 54
Totally disagree here. Read the post before. He still could of taken a better team, used those to help him in the draft. You can’t defend Francis one bit on this

I disagree here big time. And I did read the post, please don't assume I didn't. because then you look foolish.

Yet you can defend him. He built a team that's awful, but most of the players have name recognition and can be traded for good returns. He's built a tanking team with valuable assets for deadline day. When TDL comes around, if he messes up the trades and starts to whiff on the draft, okay then we can talk, but Francis knows how to build promising teams. He built the Canes core, and they're in the best position of any team in hockey right now.

Seattle was never going to have the top-end talent to go anywhere, they were in no position to contend. He build a team that is very difficult to play against, made big splashes in free agency to get the team in the news, created a fan base, and is put the team in a position to build for the future. I think he's done everything you can ask of him here.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 57
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,074
Yeah, he did a lot of things wrong. Not near enough center strength, too many guys with one year left on their deals, wrong coach, etc etc. And through it all, it's not really even clear he has a firm direction on where to go with it.
coga16 et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 11 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Caniac2000
I disagree here big time. And I did read the post, please don't assume I didn't. because then you look foolish.

Yet you can defend him. He built a team that's awful, but most of the players have name recognition and can be traded for good returns. He's built a tanking team with valuable assets for deadline day. When TDL comes around, if he messes up the trades and starts to whiff on the draft, okay then we can talk, but Francis knows how to build promising teams. He built the Canes core, and they're in the best position of any team in hockey right now.

Seattle was never going to have the top-end talent to go anywhere, they were in no position to contend. He build a team that is very difficult to play against, made big splashes in free agency to get the team in the news, created a fan base, and is put the team in a position to build for the future. I think he's done everything you can ask of him here.

So tell me why you wouldn’t take tarensenko? You take him, eat 50% of his salary and send him off to a contender and get a boat load for him… makes zero sense what he did. There are valuable players yes.. but he could of done more
22 janv. 2022 à 12 h 12
So tell me why you wouldn’t take tarensenko? You take him, eat 50% of his salary and send him off to a contender and get a boat load for him… makes zero sense what he did. There are valuable players yes.. but he could of done more

Vince Dunn made more sense.

Senko has a 7.5 mil cap hit, for one. Secondly, a young team-controlled defenseman like Vince Dunn who can play either side and is very very good made a lot more sense. There's picks that made no sense, but this is one of the easily defendable ones...
22 janv. 2022 à 12 h 39
Quoting: mokumboi
Yeah, he did a lot of things wrong. Not near enough center strength, too many guys with one year left on their deals, wrong coach, etc etc. And through it all, it's not really even clear he has a firm direction on where to go with it.

That was my issue with his roster build. No clear direction. If the plan was to be bad and cap flexibility. They still could of had that and gained so many future assets by flipping guys

They are bad. Didn’t leverage any future and then spent dumb money on players like grubauer, Larsson, Schwartz etc
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 12 h 42
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,074
That was my issue with his roster build. No clear direction. If the plan was to be bad and cap flexibility. They still could of had that and gained so many future assets by flipping guys

They are bad. Didn’t leverage any future and then spent dumb money on players like grubauer, Larsson, Schwartz etc

Don't forget Giordano. Supposedly he was there "for veteran leadership" - leadership to what? You're not trying to contend, half the team won't be here next season and there's only 2-3 good young players to mentor anyway. It's all over the place.
22 janv. 2022 à 12 h 47
Quoting: mokumboi
Don't forget Giordano. Supposedly he was there "for veteran leadership" - leadership to what? You're not trying to contend, half the team won't be here next season and there's only 2-3 good young players to mentor anyway. It's all over the place.

Good point. It’s like they tried to be all 3, be young, get guys that are competitive and guys who make sense analytically with good under lying numbers.

Really they failed at all 3
Fox_Czar_Cup et mokumboi a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2022 à 14 h 35
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,403

but he had a chance to take tarensenko, JVR, Duchene,

was just looking at the list of big name players that they could of had, Tarasneko, JVR, Duchene, Drouin, Domi, Johansen, Could have taken a shot on a Dadonov or Gostisbehere.
It really was mind boggling

Yeah he could have taken chances on some of those big name players. But there was a reason he did not take that chance. Tarasenko was coming off his 3rd shoulder surgery, so the Kraken weren’t guaranteed to get the Tarasenko from before his injury. Those other big name players that were mentioned, they were all really inconsistent in scoring. You could take the chance at having those big ticket players, but if they don’t produce, the Kraken would be screwed cap wise. As it stands, they will probably factor into this years deadline with retention being needed for some contenders.

Francis also made it clear if you wanted to influence the Kraken’s decision on what player would be chosen, it would cost at the very least a first rounder. With how Vegas turned out because of terrible decisions by other GMs at their expansion draft, GMs wised up and would not play ball with Kraken. Now look at Vegas now. They are a contender, but they have no high quality prospects truly remaining, and they are screwed cap wise. Francis chose to make as big of an anti-Vegas approach to the Kraken. Vegas wanted to win right away, and that won’t be how Seattle will go about it. Francis will develop the team via the draft for the next couple of years, and when the Kraken are about ready for a playoff push, he will look to make the Kraken a dynasty team that constantly makes the playoffs. Kind of like what the Pens did starting in 2007. The Pens havent missed the playoffs since 2006, and that is what the Kraken aims to do.

A lot of the Krakens lack of success this year has come from players trying to learn to play a new style. Grubauer is probably the biggest example of this. He has to learn how to play without offensive firepower to back him up. I also would compare Grubauer this year to Markstrom’s first year in Calgary. They were just plain bad, and now look at how Markstrom is performing. It’s all about the adjustment period, and no matter how you look at it, Seattle was never going to have the same success Vegas had it’s first year. A bunch of that original Vegas roster was gifted to them, and probably the biggest one was Theodore.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage