Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165

well that makes sense.
NoVaSpartan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 6
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Yea, I think that's why Toronto and MTL fans are so...

Also the media, and the way they perceive the players defiently creates alot of bias in the fans.

Definitely, the media plays a part too, bigger fanbases also equal more media coverage and media outlets which in turn gives more story chasers/rumour mills, etc
capsfan2121, Saskleaf, McGruff and 2 others a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 25
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,687
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Definitely, the media plays a part too, bigger fanbases also equal more media coverage and media outlets which in turn gives more story chasers/rumour mills, etc

In game experience is also grossly weighted to the home team. Can't show any replays of the homeside making dumb plays or receiving nice clean hits from the opponents. Kiss Cam will entertain them sheep, yadda yadda.

Nah, just feed the biggest fans a steady diet of Jumbo-tron "WE ARE AWESOME"! ralph!
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 34
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Because rn mrazek looks even worse! We’re stuck in the Andersen/Sparks conundrum. Your starter isn’t playing as good as he usually does, and the team really doesn’t have a ton of faith in the backup

mrazek has played like 4 games this season. jury is still out on him
capsfan2121 et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: Zuki9797
i knew some leafs fans were insane but i was not aware that there were some believing that jake muzzin is the best dman in the league

Hes not the best Dman but he is one of those Dman you know your missing immediately when hes out of the lineup

Even with him not playing well the Blue Line still was able to hold stronger than it did last night as he is a big minute eater.

Think of him like Ekholm behind Josi. One focuses more on offense the other defense. Rielly focuses more on offense, Muzzin defense.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 37
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,708
Quoting: capsfan2121

well that makes sense.

Alexa, play bruh sound effect #2
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo

And of those 4 the team played like **** in front of him for 3.

I want to see them play proper in front of him as so far it was only one game where we saw anything descent
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 43
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077

100%, but you can see the way the guys play, they dont have complete confidence in him
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 43
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Alexa, play bruh sound effect #2

For a second-i thought you were talking about Alexa from the studio
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: aadoyle
Hes not the best Dman but he is one of those Dman you know your missing immediately when hes out of the lineup

Even with him not playing well the Blue Line still was able to hold stronger than it did last night as he is a big minute eater.

Think of him like Ekholm behind Josi. One focuses more on offense the other defense. Rielly focuses more on offense, Muzzin defense.

I don't think that's really a fair comparison. Josi is high end defensively and Rielly is trash defensively. And if your whole defense falls apart when one injury prone guy is out of the lineup, that's not an excuse, that's a major issue.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 50
torontos finest
Quoting: Zuki9797
i knew some leafs fans were insane but i was not aware that there were some believing that jake muzzin is the best dman in the league

He's not the best dman in the league but it's clear he's an important part of the Leafs defense, as demonstrated last night. Pretty clear that Dermott isn't capable of taking over his role.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 57
Hakuna Matata
He's not the best dman in the league but it's clear he's an important part of the Leafs defense, as demonstrated last night. Pretty clear that Dermott isn't capable of taking over his role.

And thats why from day 1 I said our deadline goal should be and only be Muzzin insurance

Well and maybe add one more RD to the mix.
20 janv. 2022 à 12 h 58
torontos finest
And thats why from day 1 I said our deadline goal should be and only be Muzzin insurance

Well and maybe add one more RD to the mix.

I think someone like Braun wouldn't be too costly to add.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 3
Hakuna Matata
I think someone like Braun wouldn't be too costly to add.

2 sides to a giant scale are obtainable

1. Dubas goes in and 3-way trade for Giordano --> 1.6875mill cap hit

2. Adds 1 or 2 good D-depth pieces like Braun, Miller, Greene, etc.

Personally adding Braun makes the most sense as 900k (once Philly eats 900k) is pretty easy to implement even with Ritchie.

But Gio on our Blue line would be pretty sweet not gonna lie

As then you can go

Giordano-Rielly
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-Holl
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 12
torontos finest

Personally adding Braun makes the most sense as 900k (once Philly eats 900k) is pretty easy to implement even with Ritchie.

As then you can go

Giordano-Rielly
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-Holl

Personally I'd prefer someone like Braun or Miller to fill holes in the back end of the defense rather than going after Gio and Klingberg, but I wouldn't be disappointed if the team thinks differently.

Also on the subject of trades, looks like the Leafs might be moved Ritchie and Dermott. Both understandable but I don't think either is going to fetch much. I still like Dermott but idk if he can move beyond a third pairing position and his potential to move up is a quickly waning selling point.

20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 13
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
I’m proud to announce the best islanders forward of all time Leo Komorav is headed to the Olympics
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN and 4 others a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 18
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 23
Personally I'd prefer someone like Braun or Miller to fill holes in the back end of the defense rather than going after Gio and Klingberg, but I wouldn't be disappointed if the team thinks differently.

Also on the subject of trades, looks like the Leafs might be moved Ritchie and Dermott. Both understandable but I don't think either is going to fetch much. I still like Dermott but idk if he can move beyond a third pairing position and his potential to move up is a quickly waning selling point.

I mean Siegenthaler got a third for being a healthy scratch on a taxi squad. And he and Dermott are almost the same in terms of role and stats. So you could probs get a 3rd for him.

Ritchie... Maybe a 7th/FC or you got to package him off like what Washington did with Panik for someone bigger. Personally I went with a trade similar to what Boston did with Backes to get Crouse and it was received well enough but is that the path we want...idk

Klingberg is interesting as one big thing is if you 3-way retain he costs a tad above 1mill. Jarnkrok though makes no sense anymore as Mikheyev is going off rn, Bunting and Kerfoot look good in the top 6. So that would mean he would be on the 4th line with Spezza and Simmonds and I dont think hes suited for that.

Honestly I was thinking Brassard and Braun trade as Braun can play center (insurance for center injury) and Braun is probs the best cheap option to be paired with Muzzin.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 21
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I’m proud to announce the best islanders forward of all time Leo Komorav is headed to the Olympics

Leafs Legend
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 21
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442

That's interesting because I made a Leafs ACGM like yesterday and acquired Jarnkrok with Giordano, then a bunch of Leafs fans told me how much they didn't need Jarnkrok.
aadoyle, A_Habs_fan et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

As then you can go

Giordano-Rielly
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-Holl

Giordano-Brodie was a very good top pair with insane chemistry in Calgary for years, if you're gonna acquire him why aren't you putting them back together lol
justaBoss et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: SevenLeg
That's interesting because I made a Leafs ACGM like yesterday and acquired Jarnkrok with Giordano, then a bunch of Leafs fans told me how much they didn't need Jarnkrok.

Its hard as I mentioned above Jarnkrok would basically be a 4th liner with us and I dont think hes the kind of player suited for that. Now if Kase is out with another injury he works as then you can go with

Mikheyev-Kampf-Jarnkrok

Gio just makes so much sense though in Toronto

Sure Rielly would need to move to the Right but man the amount of stability he would bring would be insane
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 13 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Alfie11
Giordano-Brodie was a very good top pair with insane chemistry in Calgary for years, if you're gonna acquire him why aren't you putting them back together lol

I want to make a more shutdown pair for Toronto and Muzzin-Brodie was pretty good at that when they played together. Gio I feel would be fun to watch with Rielly. But knowing Keefe hes gonna mix and match anyways so no issues as if the pairings didnt work he would probs put the 2 together.
20 janv. 2022 à 14 h 9
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: SevenLeg

I was one of those people. Leafs shouldn't buy at deadline. Maybe Dermott for another Dman but that's it. Let this team figure it out. They had help every year and have nothing to show for it.

When Campbell is on his game this team looks legit. To me, the same issues that have plagued this team for multiple postseasons are still there (lack of killer instinct, no push back, multiple leads given up, lack of quality depth).

I don’t see one player coming in that pushes them over the top. It’s going to be incredible hard going 7 games against FLA or TBL.

But I believe in Campbell and the top nine forwards. The 4th line is fukcin brutal. That definitely needs to get addressed. This team will only go as far as Matthews Nylander Tavares Marner can carry them.

If they can package Dermott for Mayfield that would be the move I’d like to see.
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 14 h 12
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
You know how there a thing called wordle and everyone doing it, well someone made one for hockey and it's called Gordle
capsfan2121, zk97 et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2022 à 14 h 13
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You know how there a thing called wordle and everyone doing it, well someone made one for hockey and it's called Gordle

What is that

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage