Palat or Killorn

Who to Keep Next Year?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

12 janv. 2022 à 17 h 54
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
Do we keep Palat, or Killorn, or both? Killorn is under contract for next year, Palat isn't. It is possible to fit both (depending on what Palat wants) for next year, but I'm guessing for us to be able to afford Palat we have to give him term and that makes the next offseason kind of sketchy. Currently Killorn has 34 points in 38 games. Palat has 30 points in 38 games. Another thing to consider is if losing Palat would upset Kucherov and Point. Not to mention if we let Palat walk we get nothing. If we sign Palat and trade Killorn we would probably get a decent return.

I think that if Palat will take less than Killorn currently makes (4.5) and if we can trade Killorn for a 2nd+ then we should do that. If not then I'm not sure. Probably just keep Killorn and let Palat walk unless Palat is willing to take very low, like <3.5M, then we can keep both and figure it out next offseason (with the big 3 RFA's up again).

Here are links for the scenario keeping both next year.

2022-23

2023-24
12 janv. 2022 à 17 h 57
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back
Just brainstorming here. In a very unlikely scenario if we traded our 1st, Killorn, and Joseph I bet we could get a good young player on an ELC or bridge deal not making very mcuh which would bring youth to a team that is getting older and has very little hope in terms of prospects.
12 janv. 2022 à 20 h 26
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Modifié 12 janv. 2022 à 21 h 3
Quoting: imawesome
Do we keep Palat, or Killorn, or both? Killorn is under contract for next year, Palat isn't. It is possible to fit both (depending on what Palat wants) for next year, but I'm guessing for us to be able to afford Palat we have to give him term and that makes the next offseason kind of sketchy. Currently Killorn has 34 points in 38 games. Palat has 30 points in 38 games. Another thing to consider is if losing Palat would upset Kucherov and Point. Not to mention if we let Palat walk we get nothing. If we sign Palat and trade Killorn we would probably get a decent return.

I think that if Palat will take less than Killorn currently makes (4.5) and if we can trade Killorn for a 2nd+ then we should do that. If not then I'm not sure. Probably just keep Killorn and let Palat walk unless Palat is willing to take very low, like <3.5M, then we can keep both and figure it out next offseason (with the big 3 RFA's up again).

Here are links for the scenario keeping both next year.

2022-23

2023-24

Although Palat would likely take less to stay, this is last shot to make the big dollars as a FA. If he makes it to FA he will get offers of 6mil plus from some team, regardless if he deserves that or not. With our cap situation and wanting to "win now" I see it more than likely that Palat leaves, on a contract that he won't live up to. Then the following year Killorn will also walk( and get his final big contract, although I think he would be more likely for him to stay for cheap, between him and palat).As we allow for younger players to come in and have to resign the top three RFA's. JBB is smart and these two are excellent but both are getting up in age, unless they take serious pay cuts or stay at a similar rate, they will most likely both be gone.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 14 h 58
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
I want Palat with Point and Kucherov, but I am also open to putting Cirelli in the 1LW role and having Stamkos play 2C with Killorn and someone else.

I imagine its going to be a tough decision for the FO to make, especially if Palat is willing to play ball on salary to make things work.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
13 janv. 2022 à 17 h 34
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I want Palat with Point and Kucherov, but I am also open to putting Cirelli in the 1LW role and having Stamkos play 2C with Killorn and someone else.

I imagine its going to be a tough decision for the FO to make, especially if Palat is willing to play ball on salary to make things work.

I think if Palat wants more than Killorn makes he's gone. If not then things get interesting

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage