9 janv. 2022 à 17 h 50
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
CapFriendly Bot: Thread moved to appropriate forum
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 10
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,608
I think several teams will offer Campbell $6 million or more.

Engvall's qualifying offer is his current salary: $1.25 million.

Your joke about Spezza's term is hilarious!
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 14
Banni
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 131
Quoting: OldNYIfan

knowing ken holland, he'll probably offer campbell 8+ million, or under 3 million lmoa
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 16
In Pridham we trust
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,969

Way to avoid several teams offering Campbell big $$, is signing him prior to UFA.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,729
Modifié 10 janv. 2022 à 20 h 16
He's staying

Campbell before coming to Toronto was a solid backup for the Kings but nobody really thought of him as starting material. Heck even when he first came to Toronto nobody said "future starting material"

2 years later Toronto has a situation as Freddie gets hurt so Campbell is relied apon and thrives till suffering an injury. Freddie comes back underperforms gets hurt, Campbell returns rest is history

So one could say Toronto gave him that opportunity to be the starter Dallas though they were getting back in 2011. As it seems the coaching staff really brought out his A game as he is putting up numbers not seen since Vezina Freddie back in 2018.

Other than that another thing that sometimes makes a player stay or go is how they are treated by their team/fanbase

Well he gets a lot of love in Toronto win or lose thats for sure

Fans love him, the team loves him, the city loves him, in a sense he won Toronto over

Like even when he has a bad game fans dont **** on him like they did Freddie who was run out of town lul

Now this does not mean discount but based on what we saw with Lehner I dont think its unreasonable for Campbell to sign 5mill x 5 years.

Sure someone may offer him more but some GM's may not want to risk it due to his lacking of playoff experience or this year being the one year he has been a full time true starter.

As remember the last goalie who chased money...Mr. Grubauer

Went from 2nd in Vezina voting in Colorado to Worst Starting goalie in the NHL

Got a feeling his extension will be done via the deadline. As we have seen now the Leafs are very secretive when it comes to contract extension talks or extensions in general

Case in point people were getting concerned about Rielly, 2 days later signs 7.5mill x 8 years.
OldNYIfan, BigDaddyOvech, draft_em_sign_em_trade_em and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 20
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
avs are probably the front runner. looks like it would be difficult for the leafs to keep him.
palhal a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
campbell's kind of got the leafs over a barrel, they need him way more than he needs them since i assume colorado and edmonton will both be extremely interested. i think he gets somewhere between 5.5 and 6 million for 5 or 6 years, pretty similar to markstrom, lehner and grubauer.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 46
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Quoting: DirtyDangle
avs are probably the front runner. looks like it would be difficult for the leafs to keep him.

The Leafs are the front runner...
They'll move Mrazek, Ritchie, even Kerfoot before losing Campbell.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 9 janv. 2022 à 19 h 2
Quoting: Barilko14
Way to avoid several teams offering Campbell big $$, is signing him prior to UFA.

Yep

But even if we got to pay him big we can

I did the math Toronto has 3 options

1. Buyout Mrazek + Ritchie which can allow us to sign Campbell for up to 6mill

2. Buyout Ritchie + Holl and Trade Kerfoot. Same contract can happen

Or lets say Mrazek turns things around along with Holl then instead of buyouts trades can happen

Sadly though in every scenario Dermott is 100% gone but after running 100 scenarios its fine.

Anyways got a feeling by the deadline Campbell wills sign an extension at the earliest.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 18 h 54
Drover006
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 494
Leafs will keep Campbell. You can't let 2 starters b2b years walk. And they won't.
9 janv. 2022 à 19 h 26
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: aadoyle
Yep

But even if we got to pay him big we can

I did the math Toronto has 3 options

1. Buyout Mrazek + Ritchie which can allow us to sign Campbell for up to 6mill

2. Buyout Ritchie + Holl and Trade Kerfoot. Same contract can happen

Or lets say Mrazek turns things around along with Holl then instead of buyouts trades can happen

Sadly though in every scenario Dermott is 100% gone but after running 100 scenarios its fine.

Anyways got a feeling by the deadline Campbell wills sign an extension at the earliest.

I don't see how Holl wouldn't have trade value. At least a late pick. This is a league that signs guys like Cole, Gudbranson, Poolman, etc to big $$ deals.

Mrazek has half a year now to hopefully prove he has some value.

Ritchie will definitely be a likely buyout candidate.

I'm also starting to think it'll be Kerfoot or Mikheyev on the Leafs next year.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 19 h 32
Hakuna Matata
I don't see how Holl wouldn't have trade value. At least a late pick. This is a league that signs guys like Cole, Gudbranson, Poolman, etc to big $$ deals.

Mrazek has half a year now to hopefully prove he has some value.

Ritchie will definitely be a likely buyout candidate.

I'm also starting to think it'll be Kerfoot or Mikheyev on the Leafs next year.

Issue is Holl's M-NTC . Will need to wait and see but rn I dont see him being an easy move candidate.

Ritchie is a buyout for sure but they can burry him in 2 scenarios I did and still give Campbell 5-6mill so no need to rush with that.

Mikheyev unfortunately is probs gone as Joey Anderson is making 750k and honestly is a candidate for full time next year. As his streakiness is sometimes concerning

Mrazek to soon as you said 100% agreed on that

Kerfoot though I think a trade should be explored as rn with the way hes playing someone may give a good return next offseason that gets us cap space and picks
9 janv. 2022 à 19 h 47
Hakuna Matata

Yep but I think hes staying

As theres a simple saying

Why leave the comforts of home for the unknown

As leaving Toronto could benefit him or hurt him

Remember Grubauer... deciding to take money over staying in Colorado really has come back to bite him.

Now not saying Campbell is 100% going to stay but I think based on everything hes said, the fan reception to him along with management and the team, theres a strong chance hes staying.
Barilko14 a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 20 h 0
In Pridham we trust
Issue is Holl's M-NTC . Will need to wait and see but rn I dont see him being an easy move candidate.

Ritchie is a buyout for sure but they can burry him in 2 scenarios I did and still give Campbell 5-6mill so no need to rush with that.

Mikheyev unfortunately is probs gone as Joey Anderson is making 750k and honestly is a candidate for full time next year. As his streakiness is sometimes concerning

Mrazek to soon as you said 100% agreed on that

Kerfoot though I think a trade should be explored as rn with the way hes playing someone may give a good return next offseason that gets us cap space and picks

Holl's NTC is only 10 teams. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he named the 10 most likely destinations.
9 janv. 2022 à 20 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Holl's NTC is only 10 teams. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he named the 10 most likely destinations.

Thats my one concern as lets be honest probs the teams who want him are the ones he does not want to go to.

Like if it was not for that M-NTC he would probs be in Arizona rn
9 janv. 2022 à 20 h 10
In Pridham we trust
Thats my one concern as lets be honest probs the teams who want him are the ones he does not want to go to.

Like if it was not for that M-NTC he would probs be in Arizona rn

Little bit tougher to pull off trading him in season, as I doubt they want Rubins as their 7th the rest of the way.

Best case scenario throughout his struggles is him finding his game. It's not as if they've found a great partner for Muzzin to replace Holl.
11 janv. 2022 à 21 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 541

Remember Grubauer... deciding to take money over staying in Colorado really has come back to bite him.

Has it? Sure, he's lost some respect and probably the chance to get his name on the Stanley Cup, but he's still getting his money. I expect that most players would prefer to stay in a good situation, especially if they haven't always had it so good, but that doesn't necessarily stop them from going elsewhere to get more money and/or term. It all depends on the person and what's important to him and his family. I don't know Jack Campbell, but he's 30 years old and has never made more than $1.65M per season. This is probably his only chance to cash in big if that's what he wants to do. That wouldn't necessarily mean that the Leafs couldn't extend him before he gets to free agency, but if he doesn't care whether he stays or goes, they'd have to make him an offer that doesn't feel like giving up a chance to cash in.
11 janv. 2022 à 23 h 3
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
There is no way the Leafs have the cap without dismantling their team. And you can't trade or buyout players which would still give the Leafs cap. There are other good teams that could afford. Campbell and where he might like to play.
The only advantage the team that "owns" a player before he goes to UFA is offering him an eight year contract. Well that ain't happening so the Leafs really don't have any leverage.
Campbell and the Leaf management can talk all that want about their "mutual love". Fact is the Leafs didn't feel that love when they did not extend him last summer and actually signed another Mrzarek for three years.
14 janv. 2022 à 2 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 janv. 2022 à 2 h 13
Quoting: palhal
There is no way the Leafs have the cap without dismantling their team. And you can't trade or buyout players which would still give the Leafs cap. There are other good teams that could afford. Campbell and where he might like to play.
The only advantage the team that "owns" a player before he goes to UFA is offering him an eight year contract. Well that ain't happening so the Leafs really don't have any leverage.
Campbell and the Leaf management can talk all that want about their "mutual love". Fact is the Leafs didn't feel that love when they did not extend him last summer and actually signed another Mrzarek for three years.

I mean logically could u trust Campbell in a starting role before this season

The answer no. He had never been a starter and his injury history never allowed him to play a large amount of games

The original plan was he and Mrazek were gonna be a 1a/1b, Mrazek got hurt and the rest is history. Campbell played his way into being the #1 leaving Mrazek as the backup. But who wouldnt want a backup capable of playing 30+ games.

As for the money fears Campbell really has no leverage to ask for more than 5mill rn

He has never played 60 games a season like Markstrom, nor has he been a starter for more than a year. Plus little to no big cup run which also factors in to his ask.

Top that with the fact his numbers in Toronto have been the best we have seen and the opportunities we have given him all make it more likely he stays. Combined with his friendships with his teammates, coaches, and just seems to be having fun now. Plus the fanbase loves him

So thats 4 advantages right there.

Remember the last goalie to chase money. Mr. Grubauer, went from having Vezina numbers to worst in the league numbers.

As the saying goes why leave the place you are doing good in only to fail later

Got a feeling Campbell will sign a deal that will surprise people in Toronto for all the right reasons

Plus Ritchie and Dermott were probs gonna be moved anyways giving the leafs the space to give Campbell a 5mill x 5 year deal. If he wants more then look to Kerfoot as with 1 year left might as well move him as with his play rn that value is just going higher and higher rn
Barilko14 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2022 à 12 h 8
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: palhal

Campbell re-signing last summer, when he knew the No.1 job was there for him to win, would have been an incredibly foolish move on his part. Why would you assume the Leafs didn't "love" Campbell by not extending him? The wayyyyyyyy more likkly scenario was Campbell and his agent wanted to let the contract negotiations start after this season.

Everyone assumes it's always teams that wait too long, but the way this season is playing out for Campbell is the exact reason why it benefits players to wait to sign, when circumstances change heading into a contract season.

Leafs have half a dozen options to save cap without destroying the team/depth, 3 or 4 that would be happening regardless of Campbell re-signing.

Ritchie will be gone one way or another. Mrazek still has half a season to prove he's a quality 1B for some teams out there lacking decent goalie depth.

One or both of Dermott & Holl likely are not Leafs next year, as both could/will be passed on the depth chart and are too expensive to keep around as 7th dmen.

Leafs could sell high on Kerfoot, and re-sign Mikheyev to $2-$2.5M, saving some cap there.

Finally, Leafs could explore moving Muzzin, allowing Sandin a role in the top 4. This plus moving on from Holl would allow the Leafs to explore bringing in a decent Top 4 RD option making $5M or less to play with Sandin on 2nd pairing. Even a declining Muzzin is better than 50% of the leagues top 4 options out there.
14 janv. 2022 à 12 h 9
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
yes
14 janv. 2022 à 18 h 0
Drover006
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 494
He stay

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire