(CHI/PIT) - Nylander for Lafferty

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

5 janv. 2022 à 14 h 25
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,383
So, Chicago went from Henri Jokiharju ... to ... Alex Nylander ... to ... fringe 4th line forward and pending UFA Sam Lafferty.

That's a loss for Chicago.

I voted for the Pittsburgh Penguins
5 janv. 2022 à 14 h 32
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 387
4th Line healthy scratch for a guy who is young and still have 2nd line potential but for some reason gets flip from NHL to AHL every year
5 janv. 2022 à 15 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: LGuy54
Crosby carrying Nylander to 30 goals

This reminds me of when people said the same thing about Chucky

Not saying he cant do it but I feel were in for the same scenario

Where hes just gonna end up on another team by the deadline

As lets be honest if Kane and Toews couldnt keep him in the NHL I dont know if Crosby and Malkin can.
Trickster, Saskleaf et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
5 janv. 2022 à 17 h 8
Crazy Penguins Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 81
Pittsburgh wins this trade. Nylander is younger and has more upside than Lafferty.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 janv. 2022 à 17 h 9
Hakuna Matata
So by my guess 3 reasons for this

1. Rust extension talks are not going well so Nylander was brought in as a potential replacement for next season if Rust does leave

2. ZAR is not in their future plans

3. Despite how well hes doing Rodrigues might not be in their future plans as this could be one of those overachieving seasons
Trickster a aimé ceci.
5 janv. 2022 à 17 h 20
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Malkin is coming back to the lineup, so Lafferty would end up on waivers anyway. There's no logic in this from CHI perspective.
5 janv. 2022 à 18 h 32
sen krak fan
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,517
I guess. Probably PIT wins the trade.
5 janv. 2022 à 20 h 35
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
I can't believe everyone is still hung up on 'oh, Nylander's still got so much potential'

Guys, that ship has sailed. A long time ago. Lafferty has proven he can produce at all levels, while Nylander is injury-prone and stuck in the fringe.

I voted Chicago
5 janv. 2022 à 21 h 54
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
I love this.
5 janv. 2022 à 23 h 1
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Quoting: LGuy54
Duncan Keith was a W

We already made the oilers a meme in 2020 after what happened in the play in tournament

It’s fitting that we fleeced them that trade
5 janv. 2022 à 23 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Remus
I can't believe everyone is still hung up on 'oh, Nylander's still got so much potential'

Guys, that ship has sailed. A long time ago. Lafferty has proven he can produce at all levels, while Nylander is injury-prone and stuck in the fringe.

I voted Chicago

I think there could be something there but its not the projections Buffalo had when they drafted him 8th OA. Lets be honest though even if he does start to do well its probs gonna be Malkin or Crosby doing 99% of the work.

Always wondered how he would do playing with his brother but thats probs never gonna happen in the NHL lul
5 janv. 2022 à 23 h 2
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: IconicHawk
We already made the oilers a meme in 2020 after what happened in the play in tournament

It’s fitting that we fleeced them that trade

The fact you didnt have to pay to move him makes it one of the biggest W's seen in a long time
6 janv. 2022 à 1 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Is Nylander worth that little now? The Leafs should have been in on him for the Marlies.
6 janv. 2022 à 8 h 29
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
can people stop calling Nylander a prospect. He's in the last year of his rookie deal and 23.

I think this is a nothing of a trade. CHI got a decent 4th liner. He's probably good to start on 1/2 the teams in the league but Pit's got 2 3rd lines not a 4th line so he was out and only an injury fill in.
Nylander, makes 70k in the minors not the 800k Lafferty makes. If you ask me this is cost savings move by ownership.

Also odds of seeing Nylander with Crosby is about 0, they aren't taking Rust off that line, and Kap is most likely linked to Malkin.

The only spot on the team for him is 3RW next to Carter if the team is healthy, which they should be soon.

I think the question I'm wondering here is what is the status of Zucker. He's been hurt, they say week to week, the guess is a broken bone in the foot.
To me if Zucker is out long term, that might open up a space for Nylander.
As Heinen is moved up to 2LW, Malkin and Carter come back, that leaves Two spots next to Carter. One maybe filled by ERod on the LW till Zucker gets back, and then you got the RW that would be empty and they might choose to fill that with Nylander.

Of course they could keep it OConner Carter ERod too and just need some depth.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 15
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Is Nylander worth that little now? The Leafs should have been in on him for the Marlies.

Could have been a Engvall for Nylander... would do 2 things, save 500k and maybe Willy could have helped his brother into a NHL line up.

With Mikheyev back in the Leafs, Ritchie needs a LW spot, or else he'll be a bench warmer, because the $2.5 million man is the Leafs 6th best LW'er.

Engvall would be 2nd line material for the Hawks line up. lol
6 janv. 2022 à 12 h 22
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Pit really wins this, just noticed Lafferty will be UFA while Nylander RFA next summer.
6 janv. 2022 à 14 h 2
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
This reminds me of the Adam Gaudette trade. It could turn out to be a total nothingburger in the end, but PIT gets a guy who still has upside. Thus, PIT wins now, but there's always a chance that there is no winner.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 janv. 2022 à 15 h 14
feelsbadman
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 88
yikes
9 janv. 2022 à 22 h 40
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: aadoyle
So by my guess 3 reasons for this

1. Rust extension talks are not going well so Nylander was brought in as a potential replacement for next season if Rust does leave

2. ZAR is not in their future plans

3. Despite how well hes doing Rodrigues might not be in their future plans as this could be one of those overachieving seasons

First off, I think this is an over reaction, but wouldn't it be nice to see the leafs get one or more of those guys eh?
9 janv. 2022 à 22 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
First off, I think this is an over reaction, but wouldn't it be nice to see the leafs get one or more of those guys eh?

Rust will cost alot, like similar to Nylander price as he has been playing far and beyond more than his current contracts worth. And when you factor in potential bidding wars yikes.

Rodrigues scares me as I fear this is his one good year then he signs 4.5mill x 4 years and falls off. Giving us another ritchie situation

ZAR would be nice but lets be honest someones gonna overpay him to come help their defense
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2022 à 22 h 48
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: aadoyle
Rust will cost alot, like similar to Nylander price as he has been playing far and beyond more than his current contracts worth. And when you factor in potential bidding wars yikes.

Rodrigues scares me as I fear this is his one good year then he signs 4.5mill x 4 years and falls off. Giving us another ritchie situation

ZAR would be nice but lets be honest someones gonna overpay him to come help their defense

Ya, youre probably right.
10 janv. 2022 à 13 h 28
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,708
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
How do they do it every time? How do the Hawks find a new way to get bent over EVERY TIME?

flushed cheeks
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
12 janv. 2022 à 9 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 541
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Could have been a Engvall for Nylander... would do 2 things, save 500k and maybe Willy could have helped his brother into a NHL line up.

I'm not sure putting two brothers together when one is a star and the other is a fringe player is a good idea. It could be a distraction for the one who's doing better. I don't think I'd want to risk that for a chance to try to make something out of a guy who couldn't stick in Buffalo or Chicago.

Interesting that both Nylander brothers were drafted 8th overall, considering the different directions their careers took.
12 janv. 2022 à 9 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 541
Quoting: sensonfire
So, Chicago went from Henri Jokiharju ... to ... Alex Nylander ... to ... fringe 4th line forward and pending UFA Sam Lafferty.

That's a loss for Chicago.

I voted for the Pittsburgh Penguins

You can't judge this trade on Henri Jokiharju. You could if they had traded him for Nylander and then immediately flipped Nylander for Lafferty, but years have passed so it's not realistic to expect Nylander to have the same trade value now that he did then.

I voted fair deal. I was leaning toward Pittsburgh because Lafferty is a pending UFA and Chicago isn't going to make the playoffs this year so a rental is of little value to them. It seems that they're basically just giving up on Nylander and giving him a chance to see if he can fit in better somewhere else. However, Lafferty does appear to be an NHL player -- albeit a 4th liner, but you need them too -- so the Hawks have a chance to see what he can do for them and if he fits in well they'll have first crack at extending him. That would be upside for Chicago given that they don't think Nylander is an NHL player and they probably already decided they weren't going to make him a qualifying offer after this season. Pittsburgh is going to make the playoffs so you'd think that a depth rental would be more valuable to them than to Chicago, but I guess they still see enough potential upside in Nylander to place a little bet on him and see if it pays off. It could easily turn out that neither team gets anything out of this trade, but neither is giving up much so no harm done if that's what happens.
sensonfire et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2022 à 17 h 34
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
This deal is awesome for the Penguins! A first round pick player for Sam Lafferty is a steal.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage