Forums/NHL

502021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - #8

17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 49
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: Devil1122
Idk why you’re comparing US/Canada to third world countries
They have completely different economies, healthcare systems, etc

I’ve been all over Southeast Asia. These people literally live in mud shacks and walk 45 minutes to grab water from a dirty hole. Of course they’re going to be more susceptible to disease than we are, it’s unfortunate. We are very, VERY privileged and we take it for granted.

When people around the world are living like I described, worrying about their nex meal, or whether they’ll be safe at night, and we’re complaining about hockey being cancelled, it REALLY puts hockey in its place and shows how blessed we are. Even though we have to deal with restrictions which are a pain sometimes, we still have it better than billions around the world
A_Habs_fan, Devil, capsfan2121 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 20 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
8-Ovechkin, 20-Eller, 77-Oshie
73-Sheary, 24-McMichael, 10-Sprong
62-Hagelin, 59-Protas, 47-Malenstyn
52-Irwin, 23-Sgarbossa, 49-Leason
42-Fehervary, 74-Carlson
9-Orlov, 3-Jensen
38-Cholowski, 2-Schultz

We are getting killed today
17 déc. 2021 à 20 h 24
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: Brian2016
Where did I say it was fine that players get the virus? You can't debate a policy w/o misrepresenting about what I said? If pausing/cancelling the NHL season is warranted, back it up with FACTS, not PERSONAL ATTACKS.

Funny you say that after providing zero facts. You were heavily implying that it's fine for NHLers to get the virus because they are at "zero risk of serious infection" (which is blatantly false), saying that no NHLer falls into the category of having underlying health conditions (again, a strictly untrue statement that you pulled out of thin air), and the fact that you want the season to continue despite dozens of players contracting the virus, which will only serve to spread it even more. Do more research before posting false information, and look at reputable sources. And no, Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson do not count as reputable in any way (not sure if this was you or the other guy, but come on, claiming that as your source instantly destroys any merit your point may have had).
Which players had serious symptoms?

Archibald and Stalock had their careers ended. Many Blues players were seriously affected by it (I think Pietrangelo among them), which is why they sucked in the bubble. That's just off memory, a quick google search could probably yield more results but I'll leave that up to you.
17 déc. 2021 à 20 h 27
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: Alfie11
Funny you say that after providing zero facts. You were heavily implying that it's fine for NHLers to get the virus because they are at "zero risk of serious infection" (which is blatantly false), saying that no NHLer falls into the category of having underlying health conditions (again, a strictly untrue statement that you pulled out of thin air), and the fact that you want the season to continue despite dozens of players contracting the virus, which will only serve to spread it even more. Do more research before posting false information, and look at reputable sources. And no, Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson do not count as reputable in any way (not sure if this was you or the other guy, but come on, claiming that as your source instantly destroys any merit your point may have had).

Archibald and Stalock had their careers ended. Many Blues players were seriously affected by it (I think Pietrangelo among them), which is why they sucked in the bubble. That's just off memory, a quick google search could probably yield more results but I'll leave that up to you.

Was Archibald unvacced?
17 déc. 2021 à 20 h 37
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523

All pre-vaccine!!!! Stalock, had a preecisting condition, referenced in my original post. Arch refused the vaccine. Next time, read the original post more carefully!!! You guys get so hysterical over hearing the facts that you lash out at anyone who doesn’t share your radical views.
17 déc. 2021 à 20 h 40
Quoting: Devil1122
Was Archibald unvacced?

Yes. He knows it. He’s just starting trouble.
Saskleaf et capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 20 h 45
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
To slightly change the subject, Jfresh's poll results about fanbases is out

three atlantic div teams lmao
justaBoss, A_Habs_fan, Roysboy72 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 20 h 56
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Tends to happen when you pretend covid doesn't exist and refuse to treat it like a real threat.

Just curious, besides getting vaccinated what else do you want people to do?
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 5
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
The SJS really needed the last couple games to come out as W’s. Instead they lost. And San Jose’s loss last night to Vancouver dropped their current odds to make the playoffs by 13% (their odds were 28% going into the game). Now sitting at a 15% chance to make the playoffs.

Lmfao - the Bruce Boudreau effect is really hitting 💀
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 17
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
All pre-vaccine!!!! Stalock, had a preecisting condition, referenced in my original post. Arch refused the vaccine. Next time, read the original post more carefully!!! You guys get so hysterical over hearing the facts that you lash out at anyone who doesn’t share your radical views.

Your first post said NHLers didn’t have underlying health conditions (simply a false statement, don’t try to backtrack now). And getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t get it and spread it (obviously). Just because we’ve been lucky so far (as far as we know, we don’t fully know the extent of the symptoms for everyone who contracted it in the last few days) doesn’t mean that nobody will get seriously ill eventually. Especially because lots of support staff members and coaches have also contracted it as a result of these outbreaks, and they tend to be older and more susceptible. The vaccine is an excellent start, but pretending that it’s all you need to do is foolish. There are plenty of doctors and epidemiologists out there that you can find with a few key strokes, you shouldn’t need someone to do your research for you, and explain facts that have been common knowledge for months to you, on a hockey forum.

Quoting: Db1899
Just curious, besides getting vaccinated what else do you want people to do?

Well that’s a pretty big besides, because a lot of people won’t even do that. But wearing a mask (properly) and social distancing helps for starters, as well as not gathering in large groups until it’s under control. If everyone banded together and just decided that they didn’t need to go out and party for a little while, this could’ve been dealt with a long time ago. But an inherent mistrust of the government/people in power (understandable and relatable, but unfortunate, especially in democratic countries), leads to people doing the opposite. I just wish people at least trusted the scientists that have dedicated their lives to understanding this so you don’t have to, all you have to do is listen to their advice, and they (for the most part, and those that do are blatantly obvious) don’t have an agenda beyond public safety.
A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 35
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
To slightly change the subject, Jfresh's poll results about fanbases is out

Didn't see the Stars in any of these lmao. People just don't pay attention to us, apparently.
zk97, EsoYeezus69, Devil and 2 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 37
Quoting: justaBoss
Didn't see the Stars in any of these lmao. People just don't pay attention to us, apparently.

I’m a little surprised the Flyers aren’t even higher. They’re despised pretty much everywhere.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 39
v5 CBJ GM

hey i put the stars in my answer

... somewhere
justaBoss, A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 40
What in tarnation
If I had to guess why Canes has been voted as the most lowkey annoying fan base it's because of the Habs fan salt regarding the Kotkaniemi issue. Both Habs and Canes twitter if I recall correctly were absolute shambles.
zk97 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 41
v5 CBJ GM
If I had to guess why Canes has been voted as the most lowkey annoying fan base it's because of the Habs fan salt regarding the Kotkaniemi issue. Both Habs and Canes twitter if I recall correctly were absolute shambles.

habs twitter wasnt as bad, but canes twitter was like heavy trolling
justaBoss et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 21 h 43
What in tarnation
Can the Stars please go back in time for a couple of weeks and hire Boudreau and sack Bowness?

Seems like he can get in some results, unlike Dick does.
zk97, EsoYeezus69, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 22 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: capsfan2121
8-Ovechkin, 20-Eller, 77-Oshie
73-Sheary, 24-McMichael, 10-Sprong
62-Hagelin, 59-Protas, 47-Malenstyn
52-Irwin, 23-Sgarbossa, 49-Leason
42-Fehervary, 74-Carlson
9-Orlov, 3-Jensen
38-Cholowski, 2-Schultz

We are getting killed today

Never mind. Great job boys
zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 22 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
4648cad6f6beb76124f9b633c744218242bad679fc3bfaa59fba42159cbbaaf2.jpg
Roysboy72, BuFfaLOFaN, capfriendlyaccount and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 23 h 0
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Can the Stars please go back in time for a couple of weeks and hire Boudreau and sack Bowness?

Seems like he can get in some results, unlike Dick does.

Win 7 in a row then lose 5 in a row. That 7 is the main thing Nill looks at when debating on firing Bones.

That's one of our biggest problems.
justaBoss, Roysboy72, capfriendlyaccount and 3 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 23 h 58
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
If Jordan Eberle or Devon Toews were on the islanders they would lead our team in points, but sure, Lou Lamiorello is a good gm
TheFlamingC, Saskleaf et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2021 à 0 h 34
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: AndrewLadd
If Jordan Eberle or Devon Toews were on the islanders they would lead our team in points, but sure, Lou Lamiorello is a good gm

Eberle wouldn’t get 18 min of ice time on the isles and he’d be on PP2, but points aside he’s a great player. He wouldn’t have 12 goals if he played for the isles , but he drives play at a high level and had chemistry with Barzal. Should have never been exposed.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2021 à 2 h 8
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Congratulations on finding the two stupidest reasons to pretend we should just ignore the global pandemic. If you really think "the economy" is more important than human lives, then I have nothing to say to you. And anyone who brings up the 99% thing is not worth listening to, because again, you're deliberately missing the point (or trusting the wrong people, who deliberately spread misinformation for clicks), while also apparently being fine with anyone over the age of 40 getting it and dying. The point is if you get it, you WILL spread it, because it's super contagious. While you may not die if you're under 40 (again, stressing "may" because even people under 40 can get extremely sick and die even without underlying health effects, and even those who survive a case of severe covid symptoms can develop long-term respiratory issues), you will spread it, and you may infect someone who is not under 40 and/or has underlying health conditions, and then their death is squarely on your head because you didn't take this seriously.

Yeah, the danger is that they could spread covid. Which is dangerous. And needs to be stopped. That's the whole point. Also, they aren't inflated, they're accurate, but while testing positive does not mean you have symptoms or will get ill/die, it does mean you have it and can spread it, which as we've established is the problem.

Not again the testing. What I don't like is the spreading of irrational fear by the media. You never hear them say that most covid cases are asymptomatic even though it's true, all you hear is "the hospitals are being overwhelmed" (by the way I'm not trying to say that people aren't dying of covid. Just that the mainstream media is so misleading)
capsfan2121 et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2021 à 2 h 12
GoJetsGo
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Quoting: oilersguy
Ben Shapiro and the Daily Wire is a pretty trusted source

Not really. That's where you've gone wrong.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying that there isn't a lot of people that trust Ben Shapiro- there is. What I'm saying is that most academics do not view Ben Shapiro or his show as a legitimate source.
capsfan2121 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2021 à 4 h 10
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Lou is going for the GM of the Year 3-peat this season. You think he'll get it?.
18 déc. 2021 à 7 h 9
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: Saskleaf
Not again the testing. What I don't like is the spreading of irrational fear by the media. You never hear them say that most covid cases are asymptomatic even though it's true, all you hear is "the hospitals are being overwhelmed" (by the way I'm not trying to say that people aren't dying of covid. Just that the mainstream media is so misleading)

The hospitals are being overwhelmed lol, my mother is a health care worker so I definitely know when the hospitals are overcrowded
Saskleaf, zk97, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage