17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,926
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
To slightly change the subject, Jfresh's poll results about fanbases is out

3 of the Original 6 in the top 3

Seems about right lul
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 et Roysboy72 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Quoting: aadoyle
3 of the Original 6 in the top 3

Seems about right lul

I’m so happy the islanders are 5th. Also imo they should make a network of the bubble with all the nhl arenas but make it like this.
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 37
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: oilersguy
and they aren't pretending it doesn't exist they just know it isn't the bubonic plague, anyone under 40 has like a 99.8% chance of survival

If you assume that there are 15 million Canadians that fall in that range, you're looking at 30,000 preventable deaths. Not all of those people need to die that young or because a virus we should have a handle on provided complication to a preexisting condition.

If the math tracks for the Americans, that's probably another 300,000 deaths too. I'm not comfortable with sitting back and acting like some of these measures are nothing more than hysteria if it means a small city's worth of people need to perish needlessly.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, Devil and 3 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 41
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,360
To slightly change the subject, Jfresh's poll results about fanbases is out

I'll summarize the results:
Leafs fans are super annoying, delusional and meltdown prone per all fanbases
Canes and Vegas are more annoying than people think per all fanbases
Habs fans have the highest percentage of thinking their own fanbase is annoying, Oilers and Leafs are 2nd and 3rd
Canucks fans aren't as bad as their reputation per all fanbases
Sens, Canes and Devils think their prospects and team are underrated the most
Canes fans are somehow the most liked fanbase that isn't your own when they're also more annoying than people think per the same group of people
capsfan2121, Devil, Saskleaf and 4 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 42
I make typos
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
If you assume that there are 15 million Canadians that fall in that range, you're looking at 30,000 preventable deaths. Not all of those people need to die that young or because a virus we should have a handle on provided complication to a preexisting condition.

If the math tracks for the Americans, that's probably another 300,000 deaths too. I'm not comfortable with sitting back and acting like some of these measures are nothing more than hysteria if it means a small city's worth of people need to perish needlessly.

don't think that your taking the vaccine into condition.

that many people die every week from topical diseases in 3rd world counties yet the world doesn't shutdown
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 42
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
the real threat is when the economy crumbles when politicians get trigger happy with lock downs

and they aren't pretending it doesn't exist they just know it isn't the bubonic plague, anyone under 40 has like a 99.8% chance of survival

Congratulations on finding the two stupidest reasons to pretend we should just ignore the global pandemic. If you really think "the economy" is more important than human lives, then I have nothing to say to you. And anyone who brings up the 99% thing is not worth listening to, because again, you're deliberately missing the point (or trusting the wrong people, who deliberately spread misinformation for clicks), while also apparently being fine with anyone over the age of 40 getting it and dying. The point is if you get it, you WILL spread it, because it's super contagious. While you may not die if you're under 40 (again, stressing "may" because even people under 40 can get extremely sick and die even without underlying health effects, and even those who survive a case of severe covid symptoms can develop long-term respiratory issues), you will spread it, and you may infect someone who is not under 40 and/or has underlying health conditions, and then their death is squarely on your head because you didn't take this seriously.

Quoting: Saskleaf
First off, obviously I agree China's official covid number are not accurate.

But people seem to forget that the majority of covid cases are asymptomatic. In other words, the majority of people in the Northern states that count as a "positive case" are not in any real danger themselves. The danger is that they could give someone else covid. I would instead argue that the number in the North states are inflated.

Yeah, the danger is that they could spread covid. Which is dangerous. And needs to be stopped. That's the whole point. Also, they aren't inflated, they're accurate, but while testing positive does not mean you have symptoms or will get ill/die, it does mean you have it and can spread it, which as we've established is the problem.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 43
I make typos
I'll summarize the results:
Leafs fans are super annoying, delusional and meltdown prone per all fanbases
Canes and Vegas are more annoying than people think per all fanbases
Habs fans have the highest percentage of thinking their own fanbase is annoying, Oilers and Leafs are 2nd and 3rd
Canucks fans aren't as bad as their reputation per all fanbases
Sens, Canes and Devils think their prospects and team are underrated the most
Canes fans are somehow the most liked fanbase that isn't your own when they're also more annoying than people think per the same group of people

the fLames should be a lot higher on that list
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
What does low key mean
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,926
So I wonder who is on GMJR's trade list

As it seems he wants to build around the younger guys per his recent interview

My guess is anyone the same age of younger than Horvat is safe.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 45
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: Alfie11
This aged well

Like a fine wine

Left out for too long
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, Alfie11 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 48
All I'm going to say about the current debate that's going on is: as someone whose mother is a health care worker, I can confidentially tell you Covid is not over and should still be taken seriously
capsfan2121, BeterChiarelli, oilersguy and 5 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
All I'm going to say about the current debate that's going on is: as someone whose mother is a health care worker, I can confidentially tell you Covid is not over and should still be taken seriously

Agreed
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 50
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
They should shut down the entire league until New Year's, pull out of the Olympics, and use that stretch in February to make up the games.

Your idea is so logical and good, almost rocket science that the league hasn’t figured out yet
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, capfriendlyaccount and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 51
Quoting: capsfan2121
What does low key mean

Here’s a quick vid explaining it
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 52
Quoting: MitchMarner_16

LMAO, noooooo, i fell for it
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 52
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455

that many people die every week from topical diseases in 3rd world counties yet the world doesn't shutdown

Last I checked neither Canada or the US were at vaccination rates anywhere near the 99.8% figure you quoted, which still leaves room for those deaths. If new variants allow everyone to get sick, but the status quo of the vaccinated fairing better long-run continues to result in the preferential culling of the unvaccinated, dare to guess who's going to make up that 0.2%?

Are you suggesting it's acceptable that many people die due to disease or should we continue to do nothing and enforce bare-minimum standards? There's a vast difference in healthcare and its accessibility in North America to those nations you're referring to, and that figure you quoted was for the group of people WITH that kind of access and care. It's significantly worse in the nation's that can't afford vaccines or the ICU care.

At some point the stance just boils down to how much you value the lives of others over what you take for granted in everyday life. I won't continue to argue this with you, it's your choice as to whether or not you want to be a good person. Cheers!
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, Alfie11 and 5 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: MitchMarner_16

I was watching YouTube then I clicked it and this popped up. For that I’m going to say this about the goal of league right now.
A_Habs_fan, oilersguy, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 18 h 55
LMAO, noooooo, i fell for it

👉😎👉 mission accomplished
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, Devil and 4 others a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 1
I make typos
Congratulations on finding the two stupidest reasons to pretend we should just ignore the global pandemic. If you really think "the economy" is more important than human lives, then I have nothing to say to you. And anyone who brings up the 99% thing is not worth listening to, because again, you're deliberately missing the point (or trusting the wrong people, who deliberately spread misinformation for clicks), while also apparently being fine with anyone over the age of 40 getting it and dying. The point is if you get it, you WILL spread it, because it's super contagious. While you may not die if you're under 40 (again, stressing "may" because even people under 40 can get extremely sick and die even without underlying health effects, and even those who survive a case of severe covid symptoms can develop long-term respiratory issues), you will spread it, and you may infect someone who is not under 40 and/or has underlying health conditions, and then their death is squarely on your head because you didn't take this seriously.

Yeah, the danger is that they could spread covid. Which is dangerous. And needs to be stopped. That's the whole point. Also, they aren't inflated, they're accurate, but while testing positive does not mean you have symptoms or will get ill/die, it does mean you have it and can spread it, which as we've established is the problem.

Lots of people die in a failed economy as well, when people lose their jobs and when grocery stores close down and when international supply chain completely stops. and like 80% or deaths from covid in Canada are from seniors with preexisting conditions and anyone in that isn't category are getting help with the vaccine. I am to be clear not getting this information from bill and Jims weekly plandimic podcast Ben Shapiro and the Daily Wire is a pretty trusted source
capsfan2121, Brian2016, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
You're right, Josh Archibald and Alex Stalock are no longer playing hockey because they just decided to retire. /s

You're also missing the entire point (deliberately maybe? Not like this information hasn't been out there for months...), by saying that it's fine if the "healthy" NHL players get the virus. You think they don't have any contact with vulnerable people? What about coaches/GMs? Most of them are old, and have daily contact with the players. What about family members that may be at risk, such as elderly parents, or spouses/children with underlying health affects, do you expect NHL players to simply never interact with their families? It's also inane to suggest that because they play hockey and are in peak physical condition, that they have no underlying health risks. Archibald and Stalock did, got covid, and now will never play hockey again. There was a story on Max Domi last year saying he was taking even more precautionary measures than the average player due to his underlying health issues. Many hockey players have had surgeries, which increases your susceptibility to illness. There's a reason anyone who tests positive for covid has to isolate for 10 days and it's not "hysteria." ANYONE getting covid is bad, even if they don't get severely ill, because it's so contagious that they will inevitably spread it to others (as seen by entire teams going down, among many better examples), and those that they infect may be vulnerable. So, politely, this take is horrendously misguided at best, and malicious at worst. Shutting down the entire league until the covid cases are under control, and then enacting stricter precautionary measures, is the best course of action for the health and safety of everyone in and around the league. It also creates a better product for the fans, because nobody wants to watch their team get their teeth kicked in because half their roster is missing due to being on the covid protocol list.

Where did I say it was fine that players get the virus? You can't debate a policy w/o misrepresenting about what I said? If pausing/cancelling the NHL season is warranted, back it up with FACTS, not PERSONAL ATTACKS.
17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 19
Not exactly true, many NHL players have said they had lingering effects of Covid

Which players had serious symptoms?
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Brian2016
Which players had serious symptoms?

Eller I’m pretty sure
17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Tintin over 1122
Well I have a fever now. The curse of hagelin scoring a goal continues
zk97 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 37
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Josh Archibald, Alex Stalock, and any player that developed or develops cardiomyopathy from a covid exposure would disagree with you.

Believe it or not but hockey players deserve the same level of health security as commonfolk and vice-versa. If society needs to take another step back because short-sighted politicians or populations made hasty decisions then athletes should be doing the same. Their physical condition doesn't warrant them invincibility to the virus or any other disease.

Sports are a reward for a functional society. We're not there yet. A two week pause now to allow the players and teams to reset under the rules that the NHL has established simply makes sense. Most of the verbiage surrounding the Olympics doesnt support the inclusion of NHL players anyways: this time was already alotted in the schedule, why not maximize its utility? The league can move forward with reduced capacities in the arenas to prevent a full stoppage in order to sustain its bottom line. This problem will only continue to exist until society learns that there isn't a choice to be made. Refusing any of the vaccines on the pretense of bad science only produces more vectors for the virus to continue mutating. Until that point we're at the mercy of that community and decisions like a pause in the NHL schedule are consequences that we'll likely need to endure.

I'm frustrated with that state of the world, you are, everyone is, and if you need CapFriendly to be an outlet, then I, the rest of the moderators, and the rest of the community are here. I'd prefer if we kept these discussions apolitical but hell, 10 pages left in this thread and I'm off to work for two weeks so I won't step in unless it's absolutely mandatory to do so.

I think it's usually important for people to hear the other side of the debate. I think it's wrong and highly inappropriate that I was singled out for my point of view. People can't have meaningful discussions about hockey, or anything else, unless alternative points of view are valued. Not sure that's the case here, I'm sorry to say.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2021 à 19 h 43
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

Idk why you’re comparing US/Canada to third world countries
They have completely different economies, healthcare systems, etc
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16 and 4 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage