Forums/Armchair-GM

Piecing Things Together

Créé par: Chapee44
Équipe: 2022-23 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 9 déc. 2021
Publié: 9 déc. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
In this idea I had the Sabres picking around 8 in the draft so that's why they took Nemec after forwards had flown off the board.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
2925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
34 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
14 500 000 $
37 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Nemec, Simon
3925 000 $
Transactions
VAN
  1. Bjork, Anders
  2. Laaksonen, Oskari
  3. Rosén, Isak [Liste de réserve]
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (VGK)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BUF
Logo de FLA
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de NJD
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de PHI
Logo de VGK
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $65 068 333 $0 $2 195 000 $16 431 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 8
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance412 500 $$412K)
C, AG
RFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
855 833 $855 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG, AD
RFA - 3
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
G
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Nemec, Simon
925 000 $925 000 $
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 déc. 2021 à 15 h 17
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,156
That’s A LOT to trade for Horvat when he can walk after next year as a UFA
A contract extension would have to be part of the deal,
otherwise it would just be a dumb risk

And i think it’s gonna be pretty hard for us to convince UFAs like Forsberg & Fleury to sign here
sabres89 et Chapee44 a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2021 à 16 h 8
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 756
the 4th line is the worst possible place for Quinn / Krebs / Peterka.
i've watched those guys play like 3-4 times this year already, the 4th line will crush their development.

hot take - Peterka will be the best one from that group.
sabres89 et gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2021 à 18 h 46
Big Shoots
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,087
Quoting: Buffalove

And i think it’s gonna be pretty hard for us to convince UFAs like Forsberg & Fleury to sign here

Doesn't even come close to getting Horvat. I do understand Buffalo not wanting to do it also though as he likely wouldnt resign but that package is very weak for Horvat.
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
9 déc. 2021 à 21 h 11
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,130
Quoting: Mike_Gartner
i've watched those guys play like 3-4 times this year already, the 4th line will crush their development.

I agree thats not where you want them to develop, plus starting the rfa clock so they can play 8 minutes a night sounds pretty weak. The team as a whole is pretty soft, im not asking for a 4th line of face punchers, but there should be room for brett murray and a couple guys that can make things uncomfortable if liberties are being taken.
10 déc. 2021 à 7 h 23
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
the 4th line is the worst possible place for Quinn / Krebs / Peterka. I agree, bring them up to play in the top 6 when they are ready, the fourth line is for a different style of play.
i've watched those guys play like 3-4 times this year already, the 4th line will crush their development. Cool, I live in Buffalo and will go to Rochester tonight to watch them, do you see them live or on TV?
hot take - Peterka will be the best one from that group. I truly hope you are correct, While Krebs has not produced well in the AHL, he is projected to have the highest up side of the three.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2021 à 9 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 981
Quoting: BigShoots
Doesn't even come close to getting Horvat. I do understand Buffalo not wanting to do it also though as he likely wouldnt resign but that package is very weak for Horvat.

That package has two 1sts, a RHD prospect on the cusp of the NHL and a 3rd line forward... I kinda think that's a fair deal for Horvat. I understand valuing him high but I don't know how much more you'd get as a "rebuilding" style trade.
10 déc. 2021 à 9 h 48
Démarrer sujet

Wasn't meaning to imply they would get 4th line minutes. This roster would be more of a play everyone 15 minutes a night and adjust for special teams/matchups. If we're gonna play our top two lines 22 minutes a night à la Eichel and ROR days, then we're gonna need to ship out a ton of players to create room to "bring them up for a top 6 role". Banking on them being capable of being thrown into the fire is what they did with Mittsy... I know that was a different situation but I think a more balanced approach is what's needed to try and give all the kids a chance to break in. Once you see what you have at the NHL level, then you move pieces accordingly.
10 déc. 2021 à 9 h 48
Démarrer sujet

Agreed, would only do it if I felt an extension was a for sure thing.
homiedaclown a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2021 à 9 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: sabres89
I agree thats not where you want them to develop, plus starting the rfa clock so they can play 8 minutes a night sounds pretty weak. The team as a whole is pretty soft, im not asking for a 4th line of face punchers, but there should be room for brett murray and a couple guys that can make things uncomfortable if liberties are being taken.

Okay so even if we make the assumption that Forsberg wouldn't sign here, pick two more players out of that top 9 to replace with 4th liners... Did you make the team better or worse?
Looking down the roster there's "toughness" that accompanies the skill.
I'm not worried about having a cement-head on the roster when guys like Cozens, Horvat, Tuch, Samuelsson can all handle themselves. And if we're matched up against an overly physical team then swap a kid or two with Girgensons and Okposo for a night. Making a team weaker for "ToUgHnEsS" in todays NHL is dumb in my opinion.
10 déc. 2021 à 12 h 31
Big Shoots
Quoting: Chapee44
That package has two 1sts, a RHD prospect on the cusp of the NHL and a 3rd line forward... I kinda think that's a fair deal for Horvat. I understand valuing him high but I don't know how much more you'd get as a "rebuilding" style trade.

I guess the package you got for Eichel was similar but Horvat isn't agitating to be traded.
10 déc. 2021 à 13 h 2
Démarrer sujet
I guess the package you got for Eichel was similar but Horvat isn't agitating to be traded.

Horvat's value is also nowhere close to Eichel's so you're comparing Apples to Oranges with that entirely.
If Horvat is being dealt, with what he means to the organization as a key piece and a leader, it's because they are tearing it down to the stud(Petterson).
I can't realistically see them getting a better package in a "rebuild" style trade.
10 déc. 2021 à 15 h 45
Big Shoots
Horvat's value is also nowhere close to Eichel's so you're comparing Apples to Oranges with that entirely.
If Horvat is being dealt, with what he means to the organization as a key piece and a leader, it's because they are tearing it down to the stud(Petterson).
I can't realistically see them getting a better package in a "rebuild" style trade.

Which of those pieces are you high on? Rosen is a fairly high pick but hasn't done anything. Then you have a late first likely and two other basically nothing pieces. If you are trading Horvat you need a high end center or RD prospect or there is no point.
10 déc. 2021 à 19 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Which of those pieces are you high on? Rosen is a fairly high pick but hasn't done anything. Then you have a late first likely and two other basically nothing pieces. If you are trading Horvat you need a high end center or RD prospect or there is no point.

Rosen was a mid-first in July. So it's a mid-first and a late first. Then Laaksonen is looking ready to be an NHL RD next year with legit top4 upside beyond that. If Rosen isn't valued as worthy of having been picked there then that happens, but that's for people other than you and I to determine, especially this soon after the draft.
10 déc. 2021 à 20 h 36
Big Shoots
Rosen was a mid-first in July. So it's a mid-first and a late first. Then Laaksonen is looking ready to be an NHL RD next year with legit top4 upside beyond that. If Rosen isn't valued as worthy of having been picked there then that happens, but that's for people other than you and I to determine, especially this soon after the draft.

I guess it depends on Laaksonen. If he really is that good the deal is starting to be close. But what the Canucks need is a top pairing RD and Horvat would be our best trade chip to get one.
10 déc. 2021 à 20 h 58

For me,
whether the package is enough or not is besides the point

Regardless of that, it’s just not a good idea for us to give up whatever assets it would cost unless we know he’ll extend here
gretzkyghosts et Chapee44 a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2021 à 21 h 4

Our checking line next season is gonna have Girgensons & Okposo on it
And my guess is that Asplund joins them, bc he’s probably got the best 2way game out of the candidates we currently have to choose from

The lineup this guy made us completely unrealistic
sabres89 a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2021 à 21 h 44
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,130
Our checking line next season is gonna have Girgensons & Okposo on it
And my guess is that Asplund joins them, bc he’s probably got the best 2way game out of the candidates we currently have to choose from

The lineup this guy made us completely unrealistic

True. Asplund has the rest of the season to claim a spot in the middle 6. Whether he does or doesnt is on him, its on him to show he can produce offense too.
10 déc. 2021 à 23 h 17
True. Asplund has the rest of the season to claim a spot in the middle 6. Whether he does or doesnt is on him, its on him to show he can produce offense too.

Just looking at the players we’re expected to have up from next year…. I think Asplund might end up on the checking line regardless of how he does offensively this season
Reason being…. who else fits on that line when it comes to being effective defensively?

Here’s how i see it shaping out:
Asplund-Girgs-Okposo for the checking line

For the other 9 slots:
Skinner, Olofsson, Thompson, Tuch, Cozens, Mitts, Quinn, Peterka, Krebs

I just don’t think any of those other 9 guys could reasonably fit on the checking line
I just don’t think any of them really have that skill set
MAYBE Cozens & Krebs develop into good 2way players….
But with their ceilings offensively, i don’t think it’s smart to put them in a defensive role at this stage of their development

Only other possibility i could see would be Bjork on that checking line
That would be an “ok” fit imo
But the problem would then be that one of Krebs, Quinn or Peterka would have to start the season in Rochester
That wouldn’t be the end of the world,
as whoever started down there would likely be called up with the first injury that would occur

But again….
Asplund seems to fit into a 2way role on the checking line

Maybe his offensive talent could even help facilitate that “checking” line turning into more of a “2way” unit
And that would obviously be a good thing imo
11 déc. 2021 à 14 h 24
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 756
Quoting: gretzkyghosts

Live, I have season tickets for the Utica Comets.
11 déc. 2021 à 19 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
While I do not want to revisit Tim Murray's mistakes of trading the future, you have certainly demonstrated that Buffalo has the depth to pursue a high profile player.
@BigShoots I will not dispute your opinion of the value of the trade.
Horvat is O'Reilly lite, scores more goals, has fewer assist and lower FO % but a solid center to build upon.
If Vancouver needs a top RHD, Buffalo cannot fill your needs.
But that is a solid offer none the less.
While RHD Laaksonen was a third round pick he is tearing up the AHL with 13 pts in 18 games and he is only 22 years old.
Rosen was taken 14th over all last year, Bjork is a solid third line LW and there is a 2022 first.
Over all this is nearly what Buffalo received for Jack Eichel.
Bottom line, if it not what is needed then the correct answer is to say no. So I yield to your greater knowledge of Vancouver
GMTD a aimé ceci.
12 déc. 2021 à 2 h 51
Big Shoots
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
While I do not want to revisit Tim Murray's mistakes of trading the future, you have certainly demonstrated that Buffalo has the depth to pursue a high profile player.
BigShoots I will not dispute your opinion of the value of the trade.
Horvat is O'Reilly lite, scores more goals, has fewer assist and lower FO % but a solid center to build upon.
If Vancouver needs a top RHD, Buffalo cannot fill your needs.
But that is a solid offer none the less.
While RHD Laaksonen was a third round pick he is tearing up the AHL with 13 pts in 18 games and he is only 22 years old.
Rosen was taken 14th over all last year, Bjork is a solid third line LW and there is a 2022 first.
Over all this is nearly what Buffalo received for Jack Eichel.
Bottom line, if it not what is needed then the correct answer is to say no. So I yield to your greater knowledge of Vancouver

Just remember, you are always going to be higher on your own prospects than the rest of the league. At 22 you wanna be dipping your toe in at the NHL level. Bjork is not a solid 3rd liner at all. He's replacement level. So I look at those two as not a lot. Laaksonen seems ok but risky. Then you have Rosen who doesn't seem to be lighting it up in Sweden. And what will probably be 25th pick or so. Krebs for instance is a much better piece than Rosen. Its a mirage of a trade. A bunch of pieces none of which you are particularly high on and you want the captain of our team for that. You see what I mean. It doesn't even sting at all to offer that for Horvat. To get a top player you gotta give something that stings.

Krebs is a great prospect. Alex Tuch is a legit top 6 winger signed long term. 1st, 2nd and conditional 3rd isn't comparable to your offer. I get Horvat isn't Eichel but comparing the values is not fair here. They are not close. So on top of the fit of the players in the package this just isn't a good offer value wise.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage