SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Now do folks understand why you don't carry a roster of just six NHL Dmen.

8 déc. 2021 à 0 h 36
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,357
Modifié 13 déc. 2021 à 20 h 48
So many folks have been saying the Leafs should trade one of their seven NHL Dmen, thinking seven is an luxury. Past few days, Sandin and Dermot have been injured and are expected to miss about three weeks. So the now the Leafs are down to five known NHLers.
Playing in his first NHL game, I was surprised how well Dman Rubins played Monday after his Marlie calllup Leafs certainly need Rubins or some other Marlie to step this month.
oneX, leaflet, Trickster and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2021 à 3 h 6
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Whenever I see a D getting traded in a Leafs ACGM, I just ignore it, especially when it's for a forward.

This fantasy of trading Holl or Dermott doesn't take injuries into account at all. If anything, Dubas may want to add another D for the playoffs before losing any of the current ones in the organization.

Why? Because injuries tend to happen and better to be prepared for them than to be caught off guard.
palhal, Trickster et BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2021 à 14 h 20
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,671
I agree. Unless your bringing one back it just makes 0 sense

Now at the deadline if Dubas can trade Holl and upgrade to someone like Giordano. Now there is something to consider

As come playoff time you got

Giordano-Rielly
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-Dermott or Liligren
Trickster a aimé ceci.
12 déc. 2021 à 13 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Oh, absolutely. My target for the trade deadline (before that, in fact) would be a dman.

Bogosian played like a top-4 guy for us last year, and that made a big difference. Muzzin-Holl have too much responsibility on this team. Holl seems overwhelmed right now. And Muzzin should be spared during the season because we need him healthy in the postseason - that's right, I would sit him 10 games at least, to make sure he is 100% in the playoffs. We're missing someone big time.

I was hoping for an Ekholm derby but this won't happen. If Anaheim had been bad this year, I'd say target Manson and let Holl patrol the third pairing. Or aim for a seasoned vet like the Isles did when they acquired Andy Greene. There are options.

People complained about Dubas in the off-season, but he did a phenomenal job dealing with the cap constraints. Bunting is a fantastic replacement for Hyman; sorry Hyman lovers, but this was a steal. Kampf could become our Radek Faksa, a legit 3rd line centre for years. Kase is worth at least three times his AAV.

Now, let's hope Dubas can do the same with a d-man. If he can, we're saved.
13 déc. 2021 à 13 h 11
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,743
Quoting: leaflet
Oh, absolutely. My target for the trade deadline (before that, in fact) would be a dman.

Bogosian played like a top-4 guy for us last year, and that made a big difference. Muzzin-Holl have too much responsibility on this team. Holl seems overwhelmed right now. And Muzzin should be spared during the season because we need him healthy in the postseason - that's right, I would sit him 10 games at least, to make sure he is 100% in the playoffs. We're missing someone big time.

I was hoping for an Ekholm derby but this won't happen. If Anaheim had been bad this year, I'd say target Manson and let Holl patrol the third pairing. Or aim for a seasoned vet like the Isles did when they acquired Andy Greene. There are options.

People complained about Dubas in the off-season, but he did a phenomenal job dealing with the cap constraints. Bunting is a fantastic replacement for Hyman; sorry Hyman lovers, but this was a steal. Kampf could become our Radek Faksa, a legit 3rd line centre for years. Kase is worth at least three times his AAV.

Now, let's hope Dubas can do the same with a d-man. If he can, we're saved.

I wouldn't say Dubas had a phenomenal off season
Ritchie signing I didn't like.
Mzraek was worse.
palhal et oneX a aimé ceci.
13 déc. 2021 à 13 h 13
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: aadoyle
I agree. Unless your bringing one back it just makes 0 sense

Now at the deadline if Dubas can trade Holl and upgrade to someone like Giordano. Now there is something to consider

As come playoff time you got

Giordano-Rielly
Muzzin-Brodie
Sandin-Dermott or Liligren

I wanted Leafs to target Lindholm but I think he will out of reach from price tag stand point.

My next wish is for Dunn with retention.
Gio will too expensive I feel.
oneX a aimé ceci.
13 déc. 2021 à 13 h 32
Démarrer sujet
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,357
Quoting: Trickster
I wanted Leafs to target Lindholm but I think he will out of reach from price tag stand point.

My next wish is for Dunn with retention.
Gio will too expensive I feel.

Trickster. Nice to see you back on CF. You've been pretty silent for a period. Always welcome your insight.
oneX a aimé ceci.
13 déc. 2021 à 13 h 42
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: palhal
Trickster. Nice to see you back on CF. You've been pretty silent for a period. Always welcome your insight.

Thanks.
I wanted to stay away and not post.
Capfriendly.com too toxic at times, specifically at Leaf fans.

I have been still reading.
13 déc. 2021 à 18 h 54
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Mzraek was worse.

Ritchie is looking less bad as he steps up his play but yeah I'm not thrilled with Dubas's off-season.

The Kase and Kampf signing looked good pretty much right off the bat but they get cancelled out by the Ritchie and Mzraek signings.
palhal a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2021 à 0 h 29
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 538
Mzraek was worse.

I’m surprised I find myself defending him but you can’t expect him to bat 1.000, especially looking for bargain players for a cap-challenged team, so overall I think he did ok with what he had to work with. We may yet come to appreciate Mrazek – I thought he looked pretty good against Chicago despite giving up 4 goals – but the fact is that he was signed because we weren’t sure that Campbell was a bona fide #1, so they couldn’t risk going into the season without somebody who could at least alternate with him. We know now that Campbell is a bone fide #1, and perhaps Woll is a solid backup (I don’t know – I haven’t seen him play yet) and they could live without Mrazek, but we couldn’t have known that on July 28, so signing another goalie was the smart thing to do. I know it’s a $3.8M cap hit that they’d love to be able to spend on somebody else, but better to have an extra goalie you don’t need than to find yourself short at that position.
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2021 à 8 h 9
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: jr400
I’m surprised I find myself defending him but you can’t expect him to bat 1.000, especially looking for bargain players for a cap-challenged team, so overall I think he did ok with what he had to work with. We may yet come to appreciate Mrazek – I thought he looked pretty good against Chicago despite giving up 4 goals – but the fact is that he was signed because we weren’t sure that Campbell was a bona fide #1, so they couldn’t risk going into the season without somebody who could at least alternate with him. We know now that Campbell is a bone fide #1, and perhaps Woll is a solid backup (I don’t know – I haven’t seen him play yet) and they could live without Mrazek, but we couldn’t have known that on July 28, so signing another goalie was the smart thing to do. I know it’s a $3.8M cap hit that they’d love to be able to spend on somebody else, but better to have an extra goalie you don’t need than to find yourself short at that position.

In hindsight there so many better options than Mzraek at less money and would have played more games by now.
19 déc. 2021 à 17 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Mzraek was worse.

I agree with you about these two.

Somehow I didn't think Ritchie was a Dubas decision, though I may be wrong (I don't have insider information on this; I'm just speculating). There were so many Leafs pundits and fans asking to sign Ritchie on social media last summer, because they didn't believe our GM had done enough. I didn't like the signing either, at first. But he does give us some depth and physicality for the playoffs, so we won't waste a first round pick for a Foligno type of player this time.

In fact, I liked Ritchie playing with Kampf and Kase lately, before he got sick. If he buys into the system and becomes reliable defensively, he'll likely stay in the NHL. We haven't seen him have fun and mesh with the other guys, but there's still time.

Mrazek is the weirdest signing, given that his AAV is close to Andersen's. I'll grant you that one.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage