Forums/Armchair-GM

OTT pool if they took the next guy

Créé par: A_K
Équipe: 2021-22 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 7 déc. 2021
Publié: 7 déc. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Swapping every selection (in top 3 rds bc lazy) for the next guy taken off the board. Mostly too early to judge but it looks like they could've done a lot better... and these are just the next guy, I'm not trying to use hindsight or personal preference.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
Transactions
CBJ
  1. Boucher, Tyler [Liste de réserve]
OTT
  1. Morrow, Scott [Liste de réserve]
OTT
  1. Chibrikov, Nikita [Liste de réserve]
WPG
  1. Roger, Ben [Liste de réserve]
OTT
  1. Korczak, Ryder [Liste de réserve]
NYR
  1. Johansson, Oliver [Liste de réserve]
ANA
  1. Sanderson, Jake [Liste de réserve]
OTT
  1. Brisson, Brendan [Liste de réserve]
OTT
  1. Faber, Brock [Liste de réserve]
LAK
  1. Kleven, Tyler [Liste de réserve]
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de OTT
Logo de BOS
Logo de VAN
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de NYI
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de NSH
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1481 500 000 $54 083 174 $0 $4 002 500 $27 416 826 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance62 500 $$62K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
886 667 $886 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG, AD
RFA
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
870 000 $870 000 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
820 000 $820 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
AD
RFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $
DG
RFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Flames de Calgary
843 333 $843 333 $
DG
RFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 déc. 2021 à 9 h 47
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Ya Dorian definitely isn't that good at drafting.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 9 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,332
Quoting: JetsCanesSens

Gotta give them a few more years but yeah, aside from Greig, Pinto, and possibly Sanderson, these last 3 yrs they've taken some Ls. Not doubting Stutzle - and at the time of the draft it was a toss-up IMO - but Raymond has been unreal.

At least they got Brady in 2018.
SadSensFan14 et MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 10 h 0
MOVE THE COYOTES
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Quoting: A_K
Gotta give them a few more years but yeah, aside from Greig, Pinto, and possibly Sanderson, these last 3 yrs they've taken some Ls. Not doubting Stutzle - and at the time of the draft it was a toss-up IMO - but Raymond has been unreal.

Ya I pretty much agree with you.
7 déc. 2021 à 10 h 2
Mentions "j'aime": 17,365
Yep, Dorion sucks, no idea why they picked Boucher, Roger, Ostapchuk and co. Their drafting has been a bit lacklustre recently
7 déc. 2021 à 10 h 18
... We're a "Team"..
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,142
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yep, Dorion sucks, no idea why they picked Boucher, Roger, Ostapchuk and co. Their drafting has been a bit lacklustre recently

You're thinking of Trent Mann but yeah man last years draft was just baffling. I know a lot of this is too early to tell, but Tyler Boucher was a reach and a half and, as of right now, projects to be a bottom 6 forward (if he even makes it). Specially when you take a look at Cole Sillinger's production this year. Oh and look at that... he's a center... something Ottawa is lacking right now.
Xspyrit a aimé ceci.
7 déc. 2021 à 10 h 26
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,916

Stutzle is playing with Paul and Brown. Raymond is playing with Bertuzzi and Larkin lmao.

Pinto, Thomson, Sanderson, Sokolov and Kleven were good picks
7 déc. 2021 à 11 h 58
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

Sens fans will look back at the 2020 + 2021 drafts and think "if only" in the not so distance future. It looks bad now, will look really bad in a few years
7 déc. 2021 à 12 h 37
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,235
Yeah the Tyler Boucher over sillinger pick was baffling at the time and is still to this day. Cole is on pace for 20 goals as an 18 year old playing center in the nhl. Mind blowing he didn’t go earlier.
7 déc. 2021 à 15 h 21
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,916
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Sens fans will look back at the 2020 + 2021 drafts and think "if only" in the not so distance future. It looks bad now, will look really bad in a few years

2020 year will be great. 2021 is a flop
Xspyrit a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 11 h 3
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,718
2019 : Sogaard and Pinto are both extremely promising, really great 2nd round picks, I wouldn't re-do. Thomson was not the greatest pick at 19th OA but it might not be that bad in the end, looks like a NHL player.

2020 : this draft was fantastic and will be seen as one of the very best in NHL history. Of course, 2 top-5 picks in a great draft helps but the picks after were not too shabby. Greig, Jarventie, Kleven, Sokolov and Merilainen all have great to good promise. Even Daoust in the 6th round is intriguing. Can't complain much even if you could cherry pick some (I'd like to have JJ Peterka). Note that I was extremely high on Raymond and Drysdale (they were my #4 and #5) but Stutzle and Sanderson are going to be 2 cornerstone pieces.

2021 : the exact opposite of 2020 lol. This draft looks god awful. They built too much confidence based on their recent drafts and wanted to OUTSMART everyone. So far, they have a lot of egg on their face.

2021 is horrible but 2020 is going to be incredible

Not sure where you got that take but it's not a very good one, totally uninformed

Quoting: JetsCanesSens

You mean DoriOn is not good at anything except drafting? Well, he can thank the late Bryan Murray who brought Trent Mann in the organization a few years before passing away
csick a aimé ceci.
8 déc. 2021 à 11 h 42
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Xspyrit
2019 : Sogaard and Pinto are both extremely promising, really great 2nd round picks, I wouldn't re-do. Thomson was not the greatest pick at 19th OA but it might not be that bad in the end, looks like a NHL player.

2020 : this draft was fantastic and will be seen as one of the very best in NHL history. Of course, 2 top-5 picks in a great draft helps but the picks after were not too shabby. Greig, Jarventie, Kleven, Sokolov and Merilainen all have great to good promise. Even Daoust in the 6th round is intriguing. Can't complain much even if you could cherry pick some (I'd like to have JJ Peterka). Note that I was extremely high on Raymond and Drysdale (they were my #4 and #5) but Stutzle and Sanderson are going to be 2 cornerstone pieces.

2021 : the exact opposite of 2020 lol. This draft looks god awful. They built too much confidence based on their recent drafts and wanted to OUTSMART everyone. So far, they have a lot of egg on their face.

2021 is horrible but 2020 is going to be incredible

Not sure where you got that take but it's not a very good one, totally uninformed

You mean DoriOn is not good at anything except drafting? Well, he can thank the late Bryan Murray who brought Trent Mann in the organization a few years before passing away

Agree to disagree, all good. Hope your right.

Lucas Raymond or Anton Lundell > Tim Stutzle
Jamie Drysdale or Yaroslav Askarov > Jake Sanderson (he is going to be a great player) (Jamie and Yaroslav have a higher upside)
Luke Evangelista > Roby Jarventie
Roni Hirvonen Topi Niemela > Tyler Kleven (should have just kept the two picks)
Nico Daws > Leevi Merilainen
9 déc. 2021 à 12 h 44
Modifié 9 déc. 2021 à 12 h 50
Agree to disagree, all good. Hope your right.

Lucas Raymond or Anton Lundell > Tim Stutzle
Jamie Drysdale or Yaroslav Askarov > Jake Sanderson (he is going to be a great player) (Jamie and Yaroslav have a higher upside)
Luke Evangelista > Roby Jarventie
Roni Hirvonen Topi Niemela > Tyler Kleven (should have just kept the two picks)
Nico Daws > Leevi Merilainen

ok but this doesn't mean much because outside of the 2 high picks, chances are very low that the Sens would have drafted these players instead.

1) Lucas Raymond or Anton Lundell > Tim Stutzle

These 3 players are going to be quite good. Very foolish to draw conclusions now on who is going to be better but don't worry about Stutzle, he's going to be elite. Very easy to see when you watch him play

2) Jamie Drysdale or Yaroslav Askarov > Jake Sanderson (he is going to be a great player) (Jamie and Yaroslav have a higher upside)

I wanted Drysdale but since I have followed Sanderson's development closely, I really don't regret what happened. He's a jaccob Slavin in the making.

Sens wouldn't (or shouldn't at least) have drafted Askarov. They are developing Gustavsson, Sogaard and Merilainen. These 3 guys have very high potential. Gustavsson has been stellar in almost game he played in the NHL (don't just hockeydb stats watch)

3) Luke Evangelista > Roby Jarventie

Again, low chance they would have picked this guy but Jarventie is already playing pro while the other is still in junior. Way too early to judge here but don't think the Sens regret Jarventie's pick. He has very high potential

4) Roni Hirvonen Topi Niemela > Tyler Kleven (should have just kept the two picks)

Again, not how it works. Sens have zero regret about this pick. He was high on many teams draft lists for a reason. Watch him play and you'll see why.

5) Nico Daws > Leevi Merilainen

Uh, well same as theother picks but it's also WAYYYYYYY too early as these guys are goalies. So far, Merilainen's development has been quite good. He's going to be Finland's starter at the WJC

You didn't mention Ridly Greig at 28th OA but I supposed it's because you know who he is.

I mean, getting Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig, Kleven, Jarventie, Sokolov, Daoust and Merilainen in just one draft is crazy. That haul beats several top-8 prospects among NHL teams pools
9 déc. 2021 à 12 h 54
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Xspyrit
ok but this doesn't mean much because outside of the 2 high picks, chances are very low that the Sens would have drafted these players instead.

1) Lucas Raymond or Anton Lundell > Tim Stutzle

These 3 players are going to be quite good. Very foolish to draw conclusions now on who is going to be better but don't worry about Stutzle, he's going to be elite. Very easy to see when you watch him play

2) Jamie Drysdale or Yaroslav Askarov > Jake Sanderson (he is going to be a great player) (Jamie and Yaroslav have a higher upside)

I wanted Drysdale but since I have followed Sanderson's development closely, I really don't regret what happened. He's a jaccob Slavin in the making.

Sens wouldn't (or shouldn't at least) have drafted Askarov. They are developing Gustavsson, Sogaard and Merilainen. These 3 guys have very high potential. Gustavsson has been stellar in almost game he played in the NHL (don't just hockeydb stats watch)

3) Luke Evangelista > Roby Jarventie

Again, low chance they would have picked this guy but Jarventie is already playing pro while the other is still in junior. Way too early to judge here but don't think the Sens regret Jarventie's pick. He has very high potential

4) Roni Hirvonen Topi Niemela > Tyler Kleven (should have just kept the two picks)

Again, not how it works. Sens have zero regret about this pick. He was high on many teams draft lists for a reason. Watch him play and you'll see why.

5) Nico Daws > Leevi Merilainen

Uh, well same as theother picks but it's also WAYYYYYYY too early as these guys are goalies. So far, Merilainen's development has been quite good. He's going to be Finland's starter at the WJC

You didn't mention Ridly Greig at 28th OA but I supposed it's because you know who he is.

I mean, getting Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig, Kleven, Jarventie, Sokolov, Daoust and Merilainen in just one draft is crazy. That haul beats several top-8 prospects among NHL teams pools

I like the passion, agreed it's early, hope your right.

And I don't just look at DB lol
9 déc. 2021 à 14 h 5
Modifié 9 déc. 2021 à 14 h 33
I like the passion, agreed it's early, hope your right.

And I don't just look at DB lol

Just in case you came up with a stupid argument in Gustavssson's case : look at his SV%!

Totally misleading. 0.900 SV% on the Sens currently is like 0.920-0.925 on a decent defensive team.

Edit : and it's not just "passion", I have accumulated a lot of knowledge on prospects (more on Sens prospects of course). I have made money with this for more than a decade. I was more hit or miss before, now I don't miss that much anymore wink

That being said, I was a bit wrong on Filip Gustavsson and Lassi Thomson not that long ago as they were trending as eventual disappointments for me but they turned things around since.
9 déc. 2021 à 14 h 46
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,272
Ottawa definitely missed.

From the Athletic:
Outside Ottawa top 15 prospects. Lassi Thomson, RHD, Belleville-AHL: Thomson has a big shot with good feet, but the offensive ability hasn’t really popped, which isn’t ideal given he’s also an average defender.

Jets #3 Prospect. Ville Heinola, LHD, Manitoba-AHL: Heinola had a great season between his league play in Liiga, the AHL and as a top defenseman at the world juniors. His tremendous IQ stands out, as he makes great plays with the puck in every zone and rarely seems to make a mistake. The part about Heinola’s game that has won me over is the progression in his skating. He’s not a blazer, but he has enough quickness to pull away from checks, and he has great edge work to maneuver around and open up space for his playmaking. Defensively he’s good enough due to his smarts and being mobile enough, but his calling card will be his puck game as opposed to playing hard minutes. He projects as a quality top-four defenseman with NHL power play ability.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage