Forums/Armchair-GM

7th D Man

Créé par: jnowariak
Équipe: 2021-22 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 3 déc. 2021
Publié: 3 déc. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Send Addison down, pick up Claud to stop gap Spurg and figure out the Benn situation later. Could be another Pitlick style pick up.
Transactions
LAK
    Waivers
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $76 089 336 $0 $0 $5 410 664 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Wild du Minnesota
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 5
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 8
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 3
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    917 831 $917 831 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    725 000 $725 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    725 000 $725 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    850 000 $850 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
    761 250 $761 250 $
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    3 déc. 2021 à 13 h 12
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 6,101
    Clague is an offensively-minded puck moving defenseman that is fairly bad, if not terrible, at defense. He has played in 33 NHL games so far in his career and has yet to score a single goal. He does have the benefit of being able to play on both sides (most of his AHL career has been on the right side).

You're welcome to take him if you want. As an LA fan, I won't be too sad if he gets claimed. He has been given numerous chances to solidify his spot in the lineup, and even with injuries to Doughty and Walker this season, hasn't been able to do so.
    3 déc. 2021 à 13 h 55
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 24,613
    The development of Sean Durzi (who had a remarkable 5:35 PP Time on Ice in Saturday's game against Ottawa) has made Clague expendable, but I have a feeling that he still has upside and can be an NHL defenseman. Good luck!
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    3 déc. 2021 à 14 h 0
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
    Quoting: tkecanuck341
    Clague is an offensively-minded puck moving defenseman that is fairly bad, if not terrible, at defense. He has played in 33 NHL games so far in his career and has yet to score a single goal. He does have the benefit of being able to play on both sides (most of his AHL career has been on the right side).

You're welcome to take him if you want. As an LA fan, I won't be too sad if he gets claimed. He has been given numerous chances to solidify his spot in the lineup, and even with injuries to Doughty and Walker this season, hasn't been able to do so.

IDK, not too worried about goals from the D corps and I’m also interested specifically because he’s offensive defenseman so I don’t really care about his defense. It’s a pure upside bet that doesn’t cost anything.
    3 déc. 2021 à 14 h 6
    Quoting: jnowariak
    IDK, not too worried about goals from the D corps and I’m also interested specifically because he’s offensive defenseman so I don’t really care about his defense. It’s a pure upside bet that doesn’t cost anything.

If you're not worried about goals from defensemen and don't care if he's bad at defense, then I'll happily join the Wild. I guarantee I won't score any goals and will be pretty terrible at defense.
    3 déc. 2021 à 14 h 10
    Démarrer sujet
    If you're not worried about goals from defensemen and don't care if he's bad at defense, then I'll happily join the Wild. I guarantee I won't score any goals and will be pretty terrible at defense.

He’s a .5 ppg guy everywhere he’s been. Scoring the goal is not the only thing that matters. He’s still getting on the score sheet. And the best part here is that if he doesn’t work out, you waive him and no harm no foul.
    3 déc. 2021 à 15 h 57
    14m in dead cap
    Rejoint: mars 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,043

Can you play center?
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    3 déc. 2021 à 16 h 13
    Quoting: JayTea
    Can you play center?

Technically, yes. I'm actually halfway decent at faceoffs in my beer league, during the games when I'm not playing goalie.
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    3 déc. 2021 à 16 h 16
    Démarrer sujet
    Technically, yes. I'm actually halfway decent at faceoffs in my beer league, during the games when I'm not playing goalie.

You can play goal too?!?!?
    3 déc. 2021 à 16 h 30
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
    MN needs no more LHS d-men.
    3 déc. 2021 à 16 h 33
    You can play goal too?!?!?

I played goalie in college at a pretty high level, but that was 20 years and 75 lbs ago. If I hit the gym, there'd probably be worse options for an emergency backup goaltender.
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    3 déc. 2021 à 17 h 54
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: wabit
    MN needs no more LHS d-men.

IDK. Just because he’s a left shot doesn’t preclude him from playing the right side. But MIN does need defenders in the upcoming years. You’re getting a guy with team control that’s shown the ability to score and is at an age where his production could peak a little. The opportunity cost here is Jodie Benn since I’m talking about a 6/7 D man, not a spot in the top 4.

I just don’t see the down side.
    3 déc. 2021 à 18 h 1
    IDK. Just because he’s a left shot doesn’t preclude him from playing the right side. But MIN does need defenders in the upcoming years. You’re getting a guy with team control that’s shown the ability to score and is at an age where his production could peak a little. The opportunity cost here is Jodie Benn since I’m talking about a 6/7 D man, not a spot in the top 4.

I just don’t see the down side.

He can't play next to Dumba, Spurgeon, or Addison and have a successful pairing, since none of them can carry a weaker d-man.
    3 déc. 2021 à 18 h 16
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
    He can't play next to Dumba, Spurgeon, or Addison and have a successful pairing, since none of them can carry a weaker d-man.

Spurgeon carried Suter the last 3 years he was here. What are you talking about.

Suter was definitely the *weaker* defenseman of that pairing, and was hidden in large part due to Spurgeon carrying him all those years.
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    3 déc. 2021 à 19 h 3
    Quoting: RazWild
    Spurgeon carried Suter the last 3 years he was here. What are you talking about.

That is so funny when people say this. Suter has always done the heavy lifting in the d-zone, can actually run a PP, and put up more points than Spurgeon every year (except last year).

Spurgeon is a fancy stats darling that the on ice results just don't match. The team doesn't miss him at all when he's out. What's really sad is Goli/Merrill has been a better pairing than Goli/Spurgeon this season.
    3 déc. 2021 à 19 h 30
    Démarrer sujet
    That is so funny when people say this. Suter has always done the heavy lifting in the d-zone, can actually run a PP, and put up more points than Spurgeon every year (except last year).

Spurgeon is a fancy stats darling that the on ice results just don't match. The team doesn't miss him at all when he's out. What's really sad is Goli/Merrill has been a better pairing than Goli/Spurgeon this season.

I hate to break this to you, but the Wild are a fancy stats team. You can twin with their lineup otherwise.
    3 déc. 2021 à 21 h 17
    I hate to break this to you, but the Wild are a fancy stats team. You can twin with their lineup otherwise.

And that is how you end up with the PP like MN currently has. Fancy stats are how players like Zucker or Nino end up with votes in the Selke.

Fancy stats are nice, but when there are very large aberrations between the expected numbers and actual number it needs to be looked at closer. Spurgeon is one of those players; just look at his xgf, xga, and x+/- and the actual gf, ga, and +/-.
    3 déc. 2021 à 21 h 27
    Démarrer sujet
    And that is how you end up with the PP like MN currently has. Fancy stats are how players like Zucker or Nino end up with votes in the Selke.

Fancy stats are nice, but when there are very large aberrations between the expected numbers and actual number it needs to be looked at closer. Spurgeon is one of those players; just look at his xgf, xga, and x+/- and the actual gf, ga, and +/-.

As opposed to the 20% Hartman and Foligno are shooting for the first time in their lives at the back end of their 20s? Minnesota is actually way above their xG this year, extreme luck. The best way to be competitive on a limited budget when you have limited star players is to play a system that tilts the ice in your favor. That’s fancy stats in a nutshell.

If/when depth in star power comes, I’ll care more about the regular +/-. But until then, I’d rather my team understands their personnel and puts them in a position to succeed. Ala fancy stats.
    3 déc. 2021 à 22 h 18
    As opposed to the 20% Hartman and Foligno are shooting for the first time in their lives at the back end of their 20s? Minnesota is actually way above their xG this year, extreme luck. The best way to be competitive on a limited budget when you have limited star players is to play a system that tilts the ice in your favor. That’s fancy stats in a nutshell.

If/when depth in star power comes, I’ll care more about the regular +/-. But until then, I’d rather my team understands their personnel and puts them in a position to succeed. Ala fancy stats.

That's the problem. Spurgeon is part of the reason there is a tight budget. He's a $7.5m cap hit playing the least amount of 5v5 time of any of the regular d-men on the team (even before the 3 min game where he was injured).

If they were really putting the best team on the ice every night Rask would not be in the pressbox at all. It would be Bjugstad.

Hartman is at 15.5 s%. It's high, but he did have an 11.2% in CHI when he got time as a skill player, not just a grinder. He's also shooting the puck a lot more than normal.
    Foligno is actually down from his s% from last year. He doesn't take a lot of shots, but when he does they all seem to come from very high danger areas.
    The Pitlick and Fiala s% are the completely unsustainable ones.

Last year Fiala, Foligno and Hartman had a 13.8 s% combined. So far this year they have a combined 12.6 s%; which is about what should be expected for that trio. Fiala will heat up and the other 2 cool off, but the overall s% from then should stay about the same for the season.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage