SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

A different kind of Min-Van trade

Créé par: Jorenmakingmecrazy
Publié: 1 déc. 2021 à 17 h 52
Plafond salarial: 81 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 149/200 (75%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Wild du MinnesotaWild du Minnesota

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Rask, VictorWild du MinnesotaLNH-2 980 000 $111---0000--
Khusnutdinov, MaratExempté du ballottageWild du MinnesotaMineures-0 $011---0000--
Hunt, DaemonExempté du ballottageWild du MinnesotaJunior-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Wild du MinnesotaMIN)---100------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Miller, J.T.Canucks de VancouverLNH-3 911 250 $111---0000--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial2 250 006 $2344623612
Variation-931 250 $0-2-2-100
Final1 318 756 $ (↓)2342 (↓)60 (↓)2 (↓)612000

Logo de Canucks de VancouverCanucks de Vancouver

La transaction a eu lieu alors que la LTIR est utilisée
Allègement provenant de la liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR): 6 112 500 $
Portion de la LTIR utilisée avant la transaction: 3 637 500 $
DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Miller, J.T.Canucks de VancouverLNH-5 250 000 $111---0000--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Rask, VictorWild du MinnesotaLNH-4 000 000 $111---0000--
Khusnutdinov, MaratExempté du ballottageWild du MinnesotaMineures-0 $011---0000--
Hunt, DaemonExempté du ballottageWild du MinnesotaJunior-0 $011---0000--
Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (Logo de Wild du MinnesotaMIN)---100------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial2 475 000 $2246663511
Variation1 250 000 $022100
Final3 725 000 $ (↑)2248 (↑)68 (↑)4 (↑)511000
1 déc. 2021 à 17 h 58
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10
My main justification for this trade is Miller wants out bad, and Minnesota needs a top-six C bad! Minnesota is moving out two good prospects and a first rounder to try and add a center that can help them get a cup, Rask is to make the cap work for both teams and he expires out at the end of the season. Vancouver isn't going to contend this year and Miller is unhappy, so it is time to get pieces for the future and both Knut and Hunt can help do that and add some skill and toughness to the prospect pool.
1 déc. 2021 à 17 h 59
Démarrer sujet
I would also be open to adding Greenway in as piece.
1 déc. 2021 à 19 h 11
Banni
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 449
Minnesota can just trade a 1st round pick and top prospect for Tomas h instead of JT whose not a true C
1 déc. 2021 à 19 h 12
Banni
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 449
Quoting: Jorenmakingmecrazy
I would also be open to adding Greenway in as piece.

No, like jt isn't eichel. This still doesn't work cap wise for Minnesota. People overrate jt Miller
1 déc. 2021 à 20 h 49
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,735
Quoting: CAPDumba
No, like jt isn't eichel. This still doesn't work cap wise for Minnesota. People overrate jt Miller

You're right, he's not. He's healthy and will help a team this year which is when MIN needs it
2 déc. 2021 à 2 h 32
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Take out Khusnutdinov and replace him with a 2nd rounder. This is coming from a Canucks fan btw
2 déc. 2021 à 14 h 25
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Quoting: CAPDumba

Rask is at 4M. Miller is at 5.25. Wild currently have 3M(ish) in cap space for THIS season. So, the cap does technically work for this season. Next season would be a different story....
2 déc. 2021 à 15 h 0
The concept is interesting... The Wild keep Fiala and Greenway, swap Rask for Miller and 'take a run at it'. I guess it all depends on whether Wild brass feel like they are in a position to make a run this year.

However, a few concerns...

First - it is an overpay. The first needs to be a second OR one of the prospects is removed. Still might be an overpay but it is a touch more realistic.

Second - Long term cap implications for Minny... The trade technically works this year but they'd be hamstrung next year.

As it stands now, they have about 15.5M to fill 10 roster spots (6F, 3D, 1G). That is already going to be tough.

If they trade for Miller, They'd have something like 10.25M to fill 9 roster spots (5F, 3D, 1G). That limits them to league minimum deals and ELCs. It would almost 'force' them to move Dumba for future assets in the off-season. Assuming he's replaced by Addison, that gets them to (roughly) 15.25M for 9 spots. Still a tough spot but at least they have a little more flexibility.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Minny stand pat and go with what they've got. I think they trade the rights of Fiala and Greenway before next year either way. But I'm not sure the Wild are ready to part with Dumba. So, if they do make a move, I think a 'rental' is more likely (i.e.: Hertl).

We'll see I guess...
3 déc. 2021 à 0 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: UncleChucker
The concept is interesting... The Wild keep Fiala and Greenway, swap Rask for Miller and 'take a run at it'. I guess it all depends on whether Wild brass feel like they are in a position to make a run this year.

However, a few concerns...

First - it is an overpay. The first needs to be a second OR one of the prospects is removed. Still might be an overpay but it is a touch more realistic.

Second - Long term cap implications for Minny... The trade technically works this year but they'd be hamstrung next year.

As it stands now, they have about 15.5M to fill 10 roster spots (6F, 3D, 1G). That is already going to be tough.

If they trade for Miller, They'd have something like 10.25M to fill 9 roster spots (5F, 3D, 1G). That limits them to league minimum deals and ELCs. It would almost 'force' them to move Dumba for future assets in the off-season. Assuming he's replaced by Addison, that gets them to (roughly) 15.25M for 9 spots. Still a tough spot but at least they have a little more flexibility.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Minny stand pat and go with what they've got. I think they trade the rights of Fiala and Greenway before next year either way. But I'm not sure the Wild are ready to part with Dumba. So, if they do make a move, I think a 'rental' is more likely (i.e.: Hertl).

We'll see I guess...

I agree it is an overpay and as a Wild fan I would bawk at it. But I feel this is closer to what it would take to add a JT MIller or Hertl

Yeah I see your point, but I figure we are probably doing a baby rebuild after this season anyways, and JT Miller and Fiala and Dumba and Greenway could all be on the trade block and bring back some serious draft capital and prospects. I just don't see how the Wild can keep a traditional vet heavy team and stay under the cap. I won't complain if Billy G goes for a cup. This is the closest the Wild have ever looked like a contender, and with the dead-cap it could be a couple more seasons until we get another swing. So I am for a slight overpay to try and bring home a Stanley Cup!
3 déc. 2021 à 0 h 51
Quoting: Jorenmakingmecrazy
I agree it is an overpay and as a Wild fan I would bawk at it. But I feel this is closer to what it would take to add a JT MIller or Hertl

Yeah I see your point, but I figure we are probably doing a baby rebuild after this season anyways, and JT Miller and Fiala and Dumba and Greenway could all be on the trade block and bring back some serious draft capital and prospects. I just don't see how the Wild can keep a traditional vet heavy team and stay under the cap. I won't complain if Billy G goes for a cup. This is the closest the Wild have ever looked like a contender, and with the dead-cap it could be a couple more seasons until we get another swing. So I am for a slight overpay to try and bring home a Stanley Cup!

Miller should cost more than Hertl. Miller has been putting up a point-per-game for a while now. He has the on and off ice attitude that would fit well with what the Wild are trying to do. Miller is a talented, physical guy who doesn't take very much sh*t from anyone and he wants to F'ING WIN. I really like the idea of having Miller around for Rossi's rookie season next year. Rookies tend to do better when they aren't expected to be "that guy" on opening night.

However, it really comes down to cap. If long term cap was not in the Wild management's thinking, then Rossi and Boldy would both be with the big club. They are putting up over a point per game in the AHL. The only reason to keep them in the minors is to slide their contracts a year. If the Wild are willing to move Dumba in the off-season, then it could work. Or (as you stated) if they trade Miller in the off-season, it could work. So, yeah, I'd be on board. But not for that asking price. Change the first to a second and I'd be all-in.

All of that said, if the Wild are serious about a cup, then they need to improve their goaltending and they need their defense to suppress shots. Talbot is solid. But he is not going to bring you a cup. Not on his own at least. Make a move for Fluery. Run him in a tandem with Talbot for the rest of the year. Highest Sv% gets game 1 of the playoffs....

Then the Wild will have my attention as a serious cup contender.

In other words, I don't think the team with the most 5v5 goals in the Western Conference should be looking to add offense in order to win a cup. Especially when it is widely accepted that guys like Fiala and Greenway are underperforming. Get those two on track and you're looking at a juggernaut. But, scoring 6 goals per game doesn't matter if you're giving up 30+ shots to bad teams on a regular basis. In the playoffs, those will be "good" teams. You can't give up 30-35 shots and expect to win (especially without elite goaltending).

Just my $0.02
3 déc. 2021 à 1 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
Miller should cost more than Hertl. Miller has been putting up a point-per-game for a while now. He has the on and off ice attitude that would fit well with what the Wild are trying to do. Miller is a talented, physical guy who doesn't take very much sh*t from anyone and he wants to F'ING WIN. I really like the idea of having Miller around for Rossi's rookie season next year. Rookies tend to do better when they aren't expected to be "that guy" on opening night.

However, it really comes down to cap. If long term cap was not in the Wild management's thinking, then Rossi and Boldy would both be with the big club. They are putting up over a point per game in the AHL. The only reason to keep them in the minors is to slide their contracts a year. If the Wild are willing to move Dumba in the off-season, then it could work. Or (as you stated) if they trade Miller in the off-season, it could work. So, yeah, I'd be on board. But not for that asking price. Change the first to a second and I'd be all-in.

All of that said, if the Wild are serious about a cup, then they need to improve their goaltending and they need their defense to suppress shots. Talbot is solid. But he is not going to bring you a cup. Not on his own at least. Make a move for Fluery. Run him in a tandem with Talbot for the rest of the year. Highest Sv% gets game 1 of the playoffs....

Then the Wild will have my attention as a serious cup contender.

In other words, I don't think the team with the most 5v5 goals in the Western Conference should be looking to add offense in order to win a cup. Especially when it is widely accepted that guys like Fiala and Greenway are underperforming. Get those two on track and you're looking at a juggernaut. But, scoring 6 goals per game doesn't matter if you're giving up 30+ shots to bad teams on a regular basis. In the playoffs, those will be "good" teams. You can't give up 30-35 shots and expect to win (especially without elite goaltending).

Just my $0.02

Boldy doesn't slide, he's in the 2nd year of his ELC.

Only Rossi does.
3 déc. 2021 à 1 h 36
Quoting: RazWild
Boldy doesn't slide, he's in the 2nd year of his ELC.

Only Rossi does.

You're right, but not quite.... It doesn't have anything to do with him being in his second year...

In order to slide, a player must be 18 or 19 when the contract is signed and not play more than 9 NHL games.... Boldy signed on 4/1/21... He was born 4/5/01 (4 days shy of 20)

So at first glance, Boldy fits the "slide" criteria.... But he should have "slid" last year, so what gives???

There is a clause that I missed.... The player must be 18 or 19 as of September 15th of the signing year. Boldy turned 20 on April 5th of his signing year. So, his contract is not "slide" eligible.

Also didn't realize that Addison's contract has already slid a year. So he is also ineligible...

Beckman slid last year too.... Well... Sh*t....

I guess my only remaining question is "Why the hell is Boldy not playing in Minny right now?"

Good catch bud. I missed that completely....
3 déc. 2021 à 1 h 47
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
You're right, but not quite.... It doesn't have anything to do with him being in his second year...

In order to slide, a player must be 18 or 19 when the contract is signed and not play more than 9 NHL games.... Boldy signed on 4/1/21... He was born 4/5/01 (4 days shy of 20)

So at first glance, Boldy fits the "slide" criteria.... But he should have "slid" last year, so what gives???

There is a clause that I missed.... The player must be 18 or 19 as of September 15th of the signing year. Boldy turned 20 on April 5th of his signing year. So, his contract is not "slide" eligible.

Also didn't realize that Addison's contract has already slid a year. So he is also ineligible...

Beckman slid last year too.... Well... Sh*t....

I guess my only remaining question is "Why the hell is Boldy not playing in Minny right now?"

Good catch bud. I missed that completely....

Technically,

Boldy doesn't slide because they burned the first year of his ELC so that he could play in Iowa after he turned pro once BC was done for the season last year. That's why he's on year two of his ELC, already.

A 'Slide' will only take effect if a player isn't actively already on the ELC. This is why Rossi is more or less playing for 'free' down in Iowa right now.

Addison slid while he was still within the Penguins system, then started on his ELC there. It was already active by the time he was acquired by Guerin.
3 déc. 2021 à 1 h 53
Quoting: RazWild
Technically,

Boldy doesn't slide because they burned the first year of his ELC so that he could play in Iowa after he turned pro once BC was done for the season last year. That's why he's on year two of his ELC, already.

A 'Slide' will only take effect if a player isn't actively already on the ELC. This is why Rossi is more or less playing for 'free' down in Iowa right now.

Addison slid while he was still within the Penguins system, then started on his ELC there. It was already active by the time he was acquired by Guerin.

I think we agree.....

It isn't that "Boldy can't slide BECAUSE he is in his second year".... but more "He is in his second year BECAUSE he couldn't slide"..... Tom-A-to / Tom-AH-to.... Either way, I was wrong.

For some reason, I thought ELC's slid until a player either (A) played more than 9 games or (B) hit 22 years of age....

No idea where "22" came from... I've been doing feverish research and can't figure out where I got that number... Just plain ol' wrong on that one...

Doesn't matter how many times you try a slice of humble pie... The taste does not improve...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage