Forums/New York Rangers

Alexis Lafreniere Still Has Not Impressed

Will Lafreniere Figure It Out?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 nov. 2021 à 21 h 24
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,986
Wheres the "Caufield is a bust" thread? He unjustifiably gets more hype than Laf, and is way worse.
24 nov. 2021 à 21 h 44
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,356
Quoting: Penguins_Legend_Sheary
Yeah some players need more time to develop but Lafreniere’s floor for an elite talent is as low as I’ve ever seen.

He may not be the elite guy we thought. But I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.
24 nov. 2021 à 22 h 3
Mods have power egos
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,278
Sorry for the tag, just wanna hear your thoughts on this!

Don't ever tag me again you're literally a waste of time
24 nov. 2021 à 22 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,503
Yeah for sure, one of my friends on IG suggested he could be a poor mans Tkachuk.

I wouldn't even say "poor man's" I think he's more than capable of reaching or even surpassing Tkachuk's ceiling in terms of actual play.
24 nov. 2021 à 22 h 21
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
I think Lafreniere is already showing the forechecking & physicality elements of guys like Tkachuk. The problem is the play dies on his stick every time he touches it.

Hes an unlucky finisher playing on a line with 2 even more unlucky finishers and they have insane possession and play driving numbers, im not worried 1 bit
24 nov. 2021 à 23 h 45
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,209
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
The next time it happens - to anyone that may be quoted - please tag me in the thread and I'll deal with it

Hello sir. Yes it can be annoying sometimes, but why can’t he tag people in his posts? Is it against the rules?… I know some people don’t like it, but I do because it can bring some discussion, especially if you are not on to see the post.
24 nov. 2021 à 23 h 48
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
Don't ever tag me again you're literally a waste of time

Keep it to yourself. I have been talking to a lot of rude, toxic people on this site to not be rude to others. There is no need to act like that, so keep your opinion to yourself, and don’t comment on his posts, or just ask him not to tag you.
24 nov. 2021 à 23 h 54
Hey man, I don’t think we have talked for a while! If you are allowed, you can tag me if you wish, because I actually don’t mind, as I like talking to people, and I’m not always on. Too bad some people are rude, but I guess that humanity.

Now for Lafreniere, he is a weird one. He only has 5 points in 18 games when guys that they could’ve drafted has more like you said. I hope he can get better, as I like him, but he is not doing so well right now. I have been thinking, maybe they made a mistake with their drafting, but I think it’s their development, and where they place him in the lineup. He’s usually on the bottom 6, which won’t help him at all if they want him to produce, and get confidence. I hope he can turn it around, but yah, it’s not looking good for Lafreniere! That’s some other Rangers prospects as well though. They rush most of them, and they don’t know good to develop. It’s weird!
25 nov. 2021 à 1 h 6
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
I don’t mind the tag cause I like to have most conversations civilly with other like minded individuals who wanna talk hockey. I wouldn’t say I’m concerned considering he’s so young still, but I’d be remiss if I said I don’t want more out of him. I do wish he’d be a little more assertive when out there. I don’t necessarily think he gets a lack of ice time, because prior to tonight he was 7th in ice time among all forwards so just outside of the top 6. It doesn’t help that his line mate Chytil also happens to be one of the unluckiest players I’ve seen in a while kinda like Kakko. I think if he starts being more aggressive and assertive and show’s more of a willingness to hold onto the puck he will be better. I think it’s all a learning process for him. It may not be perfect, but I think patience will pay off with him as it is starting to with Kakko.
Nhl_oilers a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 3 h 58
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Rangers should've traded down to #4 in that Draft, lol. But, Lucas Raymond is the only player from 2020 that I would draft ahead of Alexis in a do-over. Stützle would be #3, just behind Alexis.
25 nov. 2021 à 4 h 2
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Wqrrior
Wheres the "Caufield is a bust" thread? He unjustifiably gets more hype than Laf, and is way worse.

Cole scored last night! I just posted one. And I tagged everyone who has ever made a comment on this site. Sorry in advance. Lol.
25 nov. 2021 à 6 h 34
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Hello sir. Yes it can be annoying sometimes, but why can’t he tag people in his posts? Is it against the rules?… I know some people don’t like it, but I do because it can bring some discussion, especially if you are not on to see the post.

Mass tagging is against the rules: it's why we've limited how many people can be tagged using the @ symbol. Using the quote function instead is a blatant circumvention of that change and will not be tolerated.
Nhl_oilers a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 9 h 44
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 295
Rangers are pushing their young guys too much. Laffreniere should go play in the AHL a bit, it's a tough physical league and he could boost his confidence and pile up points. Kaako is just scratching the surface but it was not all fun and games for his development too. Lias Anderson and Kravtsov are good exemples too. Be patient. Its not because he's a top prospect that he's ready to dominate the NHL. Rangers organisation need to review how they do it with their young guys
25 nov. 2021 à 10 h 31
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
I think people that come straight to the nhl are unfairly judged on their projectories.

If he didn't come to the NHL he could still be in junior and considered a can't miss prospect for next year at the same age. Dude is in draft plus 2. Give him time
25 nov. 2021 à 12 h 20
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Mass tagging is against the rules: it's why we've limited how many people can be tagged using the symbol. Using the quote function instead is a blatant circumvention of that change and will not be tolerated.

Okay, thank you. I didn’t know that. It’s okay if they just tag one or two people though, right?
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 12 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 996
Quoting: Aussie_Blackhawk
He may not be the elite guy we thought. But I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

For sure. And he’s on a good team in a good situation under a good coach, it’s only a matter of time.
Aussie_Blackhawk a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 12 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I wouldn't even say "poor man's" I think he's more than capable of reaching or even surpassing Tkachuk's ceiling in terms of actual play.

Agree, he was arguably more higher touted than Tkachuk in terms of ceiling. But man his floor is as low as I’ve ever seen for a first overall pick.
25 nov. 2021 à 12 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Hes an unlucky finisher playing on a line with 2 even more unlucky finishers and they have insane possession and play driving numbers, im not worried 1 bit

Thanks for the insight.
25 nov. 2021 à 12 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Twins1568
Rangers are pushing their young guys too much. Laffreniere should go play in the AHL a bit, it's a tough physical league and he could boost his confidence and pile up points. Kaako is just scratching the surface but it was not all fun and games for his development too. Lias Anderson and Kravtsov are good exemples too. Be patient. Its not because he's a top prospect that he's ready to dominate the NHL. Rangers organisation need to review how they do it with their young guys

Agree he needs some AHL time to learn to be more aggressive with the puck on his stick. Right now he’s just wasting a roster spot on NYR.
Twins1568 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 12 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I don’t mind the tag cause I like to have most conversations civilly with other like minded individuals who wanna talk hockey. I wouldn’t say I’m concerned considering he’s so young still, but I’d be remiss if I said I don’t want more out of him. I do wish he’d be a little more assertive when out there. I don’t necessarily think he gets a lack of ice time, because prior to tonight he was 7th in ice time among all forwards so just outside of the top 6. It doesn’t help that his line mate Chytil also happens to be one of the unluckiest players I’ve seen in a while kinda like Kakko. I think if he starts being more aggressive and assertive and show’s more of a willingness to hold onto the puck he will be better. I think it’s all a learning process for him. It may not be perfect, but I think patience will pay off with him as it is starting to with Kakko.

Completely agree I think he’s being too passive still.
HOCKEYBOY448 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 12 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448

Thanks man! For sure I think he wasn’t seeing a lot of opportunity until recently he got put with Chytil & Gauthier, they have been very good as a trio. But Alexis’ individual game still needs more consistency.
HOCKEYBOY448 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 15 h 38
Mods have power egos
Keep it to yourself. I have been talking to a lot of rude, toxic people on this site to not be rude to others. There is no need to act like that, so keep your opinion to yourself, and don’t comment on his posts, or just ask him not to tag you.

How about not telling me what to do and keep your opinion to yourself. This dude is a literal clown and so are you
25 nov. 2021 à 16 h 30
How about not telling me what to do and keep your opinion to yourself. This dude is a literal clown and so are you

In your opinion maybe. Haha, you haven’t even really talked to me, so how am I a clown? I’m not telling you what to do, because on the end it’s your decision. Just try being a bit nicer to people… that’s my advice, if you don’t, there may be a lot of people that won’t want to talk to you on this site.
25 nov. 2021 à 20 h 17
Mods have power egos
In your opinion maybe. Haha, you haven’t even really talked to me, so how am I a clown? I’m not telling you what to do, because on the end it’s your decision. Just try being a bit nicer to people… that’s my advice, if you don’t, there may be a lot of people that won’t want to talk to you on this site.

You have me confused with someone who cares
25 nov. 2021 à 20 h 47
You have me confused with someone who cares

That’s sad man… thats sad. There is no need to be rude to anyone on this site, as all he is looking for is discussion. But please tell me, how am I a clown when we have never talked before? Again, it’s your decision… this site is for opinions, and discussion, so no he is not a clown, it’s his opinion. Nobody said you have to agree with him, or read his comment, hell you don’t even have to talk to him, but he is entitled to an opinion even if you don’t agree with it. Everybody is… have a good one man.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage