Forums/Armchair-GM

Make The Move

Créé par: mhroblak
Date de création initiale: 22 nov. 2021
Publié: 22 nov. 2021
Équipe: 2021-22 Rangers de New York
Explications
There's been a lot of talk -- and for good reason -- that the Rangers need to do something about their right wing depth. But to me, that's absolutely not the biggest complication right now. At least Kaapo Kakko and Julien Gauthier have stepped up their games ever since Sammy Blais tore his ACL. My focus is on a problem that continues to remain unchanged: backup goaltending.

Alexandar Georgiev is not it, period. He had a good stretch of hockey right before Covid shut down the NHL, and that's it. Those games alone led everyone, including myself, to the false belief that he was a fringe starter. In reality, he's a fringe backup. Georgiev has found himself near the bottom in goals saved above expected in both 2020-21 and 2021-22. IMO, this phenomenon is only coming to light now simply because his save percentage is at an abysmal .858%.

Keith Kinkaid or even Adam Huska can't possibly play worse than this. Now I'm not saying that they're reliable players at all, but even if they put up below average numbers that would still be an improvement.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. I have to go to Multivariable Calculus class now.
Transactions
NYR
    ANA
    1. Georgiev, Alexandar
    Détails additionnels:
    Waivers
    NYR
      ARI
      1. Tinordi, Jarred
      Détails additionnels:
      now that I think of it, you can go on waivers too because you're also giving me strokes
      Rachats de contrats
      • Henrik Lundqvist: 1 500 000 $
      • Kevin Shattenkirk: 1 433 333 $
      • Dan Girardi: 1 111 111 $
      • Anthony Deangelo: 383 334 $
      • Brad Richards: 0 $
      ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
      NYR
      NYR
      STL
      NYR
      WPG
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      NYR
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2281 500 000 $70 140 594 $0 $7 550 000 $11 359 406 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      NYR
      Kreider, Chris
      6 500 000 $
      AG
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      NYR
      Zibanejad, Mika
      5 350 000 $
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      NYR
      Goodrow, Barclay
      3 641 667 $
      AG, C, AD
      NTC
      UFA - 6
      NYR
      Panarin, Artemi
      11 642 857 $
      AG
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      NYR
      Strome, Ryan
      4 500 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 1
      NYR
      Kakko, Kaapo
      925 000 $
      AD
      RFA - 1
      NYR
      Lafrenière, Alexis
      925 000 $
      AG
      RFA - 2
      NYR
      Chytil, Filip
      2 300 000 $
      C, AG
      RFA - 2
      NYR
      Gauthier, Julien
      775 000 $
      AD
      RFA - 1
      NYR
      Hunt, Dryden
      762 500 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 2
      NYR
      Rooney, Kevin
      750 000 $
      AG, C, AD
      UFA - 1
      NYR
      Reaves, Ryan
      1 750 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      NYR
      Lindgren, Ryan
      3 000 000 $
      DG
      RFA - 3
      NYR
      Fox, Adam
      925 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 1
      NYR
      Shesterkin, Igor
      5 666 667 $
      G
      UFA - 4
      NYR
      Miller, K'Andre
      925 000 $
      DG
      RFA - 2
      NYR
      Trouba, Jacob
      8 000 000 $
      DD
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      NYR
      Kinkaid, Keith
      825 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      NYR
      Nemeth, Patrik
      2 500 000 $
      DG
      NTC
      UFA - 3
      NYR
      Lundkvist, Nils
      925 000 $
      DD
      RFA - 3
      Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
      NYR
      McKegg, Greg
      750 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 1
      NYR
      Blais, Samuel
      1 500 000 $
      AD
      RFA - 1
      NYR
      Hájek, Libor
      874 125 $
      DG
      RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      22 nov. 2021 à 13 h 3
      Potvin sucks
      Rejoint: août 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,003
      Oh and just in case if anyone thinks so: no, Tony Deangelo was not right. You don't ever instigate with your goalie.

And I'm well aware he's been awesome in Carolina. No one should have ever denied the fact that he was always a beast on offense.
      NYR1983 a aimé ceci.
      22 nov. 2021 à 14 h 9
      Rejoint: sept. 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
      Geo has been bad. I’d like to see him moved and bring in Wall, or just healthy scratch and bring in Wall.

As for Tinordi, he is simply the meat shield they put in when playing highly physical forechecking teams to prevent Lundkvist from taking a beating. Useful while Lundkvist gets used to the difference in NA hockey.
      mhroblak a aimé ceci.
      22 nov. 2021 à 14 h 38
      Démarrer sujet
      Potvin sucks
      Rejoint: août 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,003
      Quoting: NYR1983
      Geo has been bad. I’d like to see him moved and bring in Wall, or just healthy scratch and bring in Wall.

As for Tinordi, he is simply the meat shield they put in when playing highly physical forechecking teams to prevent Lundkvist from taking a beating. Useful while Lundkvist gets used to the difference in NA hockey.

Tyler Wall isn’t actually in the AHL right now, he’s playing for Jacksonville in the ECHL. If you want to try a rookie at the NHL level you’ll have to pick Adam Huska. He’s actually played very well in Hartford, but he has been the backup to Keith Kinkaid so I don’t expect the Rangers to promote him.

And has that really been Tinordi’s role this season? That may have been the initial goal, but I don’t believe that’s what transpired. Are the Sabres a highly physical forechecking team? I know Nils Lundkvist has struggled thus far but to me there’s no reason to not have confidence in him to stand his ground.
      22 nov. 2021 à 14 h 48
      Rejoint: sept. 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
      Quoting: mhroblak
      Tyler Wall isn’t actually in the AHL right now, he’s playing for Jacksonville in the ECHL. If you want to try a rookie at the NHL level you’ll have to pick Adam Huska. He’s actually played very well in Hartford, but he has been the backup to Keith Kinkaid so I don’t expect the Rangers to promote him.

And has that really been Tinordi’s role this season? That may have been the initial goal, but I don’t believe that’s what transpired. Are the Sabres a highly physical forechecking team? I know Nils Lundkvist has struggled thus far but to me there’s no reason to not have confidence in him to stand his ground.

Ya fair point about the Sabres. Who knows. Gallant was giving it to Zibby after the game so maybe Nils did something that Gallant didn’t like and it’s a punishment.
      22 nov. 2021 à 15 h 29
      Jack Hughes is Elite
      Rejoint: nov. 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 12,983
      Thanks for the TedTalk

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Supprimer une option
      Soumettre le sondage