David Aryes happened.

Shhhhhh

We dont talk about he who shall not be named
Saskleaf et Gmonwy a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2021 à 17 h 22
IamAlwaysRight
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,321
I just ate some chocolate and it was good.
17 nov. 2021 à 18 h 28
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

This is playing sheltered 4th line minutes, so with more time, it will get even worse

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does 28% mean he's "better" than 28% of the league? What's wrong with that?
17 nov. 2021 à 18 h 38
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,233
Quoting: Saskleaf
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does 28% mean he's "better" than 28% of the league? What's wrong with that?

It's hard to explain (I'm just not good at explaining it), but essentially if you see a guy at 50% it means he's about bang average at the TOI he's given. So anything above 50% he's complacent at, and anything below he's bad for that TOI. Because his QOC% is 0% it literally means he plays against the worst players in the league and he still puts up those stats (which besides defense are bad). It's not a good look for that QOC & his TOI

To sum it up, he plays 4th line minutes against the worst players in the league and still puts up bad stats. IE he's not an NHL player.

Maybe someone can sum it up better for you, but that's what I got.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2021 à 20 h 52
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Modifié 17 nov. 2021 à 21 h 0
Quoting: aadoyle
Shhhhhh

We dont talk about he who shall not be named

Disney is making a movie about it, I believe it'll be out by Christmas, it has Tom Holland as Marner, Toby Mcquire as J.T. , Andrew Garfield as Nylander, Benedict Cumberbatch as Matthews, Williem Dafoe as F. Anderson, Alfred Molina as Clifford, John Favreau as Keefe, JK Simmons as Aryes and Marisa Tomei as Mrazek.

I think it's called Leaf-Game - Embarrassment On Home Ice
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2021 à 21 h 24
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Modifié 17 nov. 2021 à 21 h 45
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Disney is making a movie about it, I believe it'll be out by Christmas, it has Tom Holland as Marner, Toby Mcquire as J.T. , Andrew Garfield as Nylander, Benedict Cumberbatch as Matthews, Williem Dafoe as F. Anderson, Alfred Molina as Clifford, John Favreau as Keefe, JK Simmons as Aryes and Marisa Tomei as Mrazek.

I think it's called Leaf-Game - Embarrassment On Home Ice

I thought Disney gave up on straight to DVD nonsense... Oh well they be wasting money again I guess

In general MLSE wont allow Disney to use the Leafs logo nor name so meh let them do the movie who cares. And legally they cant cast any character you mentioned without that said persons permission and I doubt any will agree to have their names portrayed in a movie like this. Anyways good for Ayers for getting their attention as not many people can say they have done it.
17 nov. 2021 à 22 h 36
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Quoting: aadoyle
I thought Disney gave up on straight to DVD nonsense... Oh well they be wasting money again I guess

In general MLSE wont allow Disney to use the Leafs logo nor name so meh let them do the movie who cares. And legally they cant cast any character you mentioned without that said persons permission and I doubt any will agree to have their names portrayed in a movie like this. Anyways good for Ayers for getting their attention as not many people can say they have done it.

I think the joke did a flyby over your head.

The cast I mentioned is for Spiderman - No Way Home
Gmonwy et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2021 à 22 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
I think the joke did a flyby over your head.

The cast I mentioned is for Spiderman - No Way Home

When I saw Garfield "No way home" was out of my memory as he said he wont be in it and after how amazing went and he getting in a fight with Sony one has a hard time seeing him want to come back. Could be wrong though
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2021 à 8 h 53
Go leafs go
It's hard to explain (I'm just not good at explaining it), but essentially if you see a guy at 50% it means he's about bang average at the TOI he's given. So anything above 50% he's complacent at, and anything below he's bad for that TOI. Because his QOC% is 0% it literally means he plays against the worst players in the league and he still puts up those stats (which besides defense are bad). It's not a good look for that QOC & his TOI

To sum it up, he plays 4th line minutes against the worst players in the league and still puts up bad stats. IE he's not an NHL player.

No, that makes sense. I didn't realize he's actually plays against the legit worst players in the league. That's a fair critizism. I stand by with my earlier opinion though, but I understand where you're coming from.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2021 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830

KSIxSKULLS is not correct.

The 28% does mean he's better than 28% of the league (WAR compares him to the entire NHL) ... So he's an above average 4th liner.

However, the numbers below that do compare him to other 4th liners ... That's why he's at:

- 83% for even-strength defense.
- 53% for even-strength offense.

You can't be better than the average 4th line at offense + defense and still one of the worst 4th liners.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2021 à 14 h 6
WentWughes
Quoting: drewjenkins

The 28% does mean he's better than 28% of the league (WAR compares him to the entire NHL) ... So he's an above average 4th liner.

However, the numbers below that do compare him to other 4th liners ... That's why he's at:

You can't be better than the average 4th line at offense + defense and still one of the worst 4th liners.

There's multiple guys with 100% WAR. It's not possible by your logic. What I said is the correct version dumbed down.
18 nov. 2021 à 14 h 8
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
war is a bad stat
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2021 à 17 h 4
Go leafs go

I agree.
18 nov. 2021 à 18 h 6
Modifié 18 nov. 2021 à 18 h 14

I agree.

Thanks boss.

There's multiple guys with 100% WAR. It's not possible by your logic. What I said is the correct version dumbed down.

What I said has nothing to do with someone having a 100% WAR rating.

But just for fun ... Lets pretend there are 800 NHL players to compare for WAR ratings.

Eight of them would be in the 99th percentile (and 4 would be in the top half of 99%).

Since WAR doesn't use decimals ... Four players will get rounded up to 100%.

Would you mind explaining how anything I said makes this impossible?

And then we'll test your logic. Show me some 4th liners with a 90%+ WAR rating?

There must be a few on the Habs right? Don't they have like 16 fourth liners?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 nov. 2021 à 19 h 34
WentWughes
Modifié 18 nov. 2021 à 19 h 41
Thanks boss.

What I said has nothing to do with someone having a 100% WAR rating.

But just for fun ... Lets pretend there are 800 NHL players to compare for WAR ratings.

Eight of them would be in the 99th percentile (and 4 would be in the top half of 99%).

Since WAR doesn't use decimals ... Four players will get rounded up to 100%.

Would you mind explaining how anything I said makes this impossible?

And then we'll test your logic. Show me some 4th liners with a 90%+ WAR rating?

There must be a few on the Habs right? Don't they have like 16 fourth liners?

I literally thought you were trolling at first but you actually think that's how WAR% works?

Zegras 3rd line 80%
Chris Tanev 2nd line (defender) 98%
Tanner Jeannot 4th line 92%
Patrick Kane 1st line

On the contrary

Alex Goligoski 1st line 36%
Patrick Kane 20-22 1st line 11%

I'm in mobile so I can't even change the player on Patreon. Please actually say something true next time.

The audacity of some people who think they know something when in reality they know jack ****
18 nov. 2021 à 19 h 57
I literally thought you were trolling at first but you actually think that's how WAR% works?

Zegras 3rd line 80%
Chris Tanev 2nd line (defender) 98%
Tanner Jeannot 4th line 92%
Patrick Kane 1st line

On the contrary

Alex Goligoski 1st line 36%
Patrick Kane 20-22 1st line 11%

I'm in mobile so I can't even change the player on Patreon. Please actually say something true next time.

The audacity of some people who think they know something when in reality they know jack ****

LOL nothing you're saying is disproving me at all.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Lines are irrelevant ... everyone is compared.

Some guys have just played great / terrible in their first few games.
18 nov. 2021 à 20 h 3
WentWughes
LOL nothing you're saying is disproving me at all.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Lines are irrelevant ... everyone is compared.

Some guys have just played great / terrible in their first few games.

I'm saying the Line represents ice time and that's relevant. You have to factor in Ice Time + QOC when judging the player. It's all relative

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage