Forums/Armchair-GM

Testing with Jesperi QO

Créé par: mvp13
Équipe: 2022-23 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 12 nov. 2021
Publié: 12 nov. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I'm not a CAR fan or expert, but it's a general meme around town that the Jesperi offer sheet will come back to haunt them, since his RFA QO will remain 6.1mil. And while Jesperi could take less than that, he'd be really silly to do so... so, let's see how the team looks assuming he demands his QO.

... and it's not as bad as I thought. Gardiner has a real good buyout price this offseason if they couldn't dump him. I don't think CAR will miss Nino too much. Jesperi is on the 3rd line because I assume Jarvis will play his way into the top 6. While I originally would have had Trocheck at a "standard" 6x6, seeing 12 minute ATOI Jesperi make more than that could put a chip on his bargaining shoulder, so he gets 6.5mil instead. Bear and Necas get little bridge deals, which might be too team friendly on the Necas front, but I feel like they are realistic... even if Bear only gets 3mil and Necas gets 5mil, I figure the two of them will get 8mil all together. Future 2022 Masterton, Norris, and Hart winner will command too much money on his next contract so he goes elsewhere (hopefullytoateamilike...)

Overall I think the team still continues to contend, but the bloated third line contracts continue to look uglier and uglier. Getting Slavin and Pesce on those incredibly team friendly deals have really benefited them
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
16 100 015 $
44 000 000 $
44 000 000 $
1800 000 $
1800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
22 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
66 500 000 $
11 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 138 599 $112 500 $925 000 $361 401 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 7
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 2
6 100 015 $6 100 015 $
C
UFA - 8
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
RFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 0
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,382
They just won't qualify him but they'll have a deal already done
Roysboy72 a aimé ceci.
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 2
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 133
Quoting: TheAlien
They just won't qualify him but they'll have a deal already done

What is the deal going to be? Is he worth more than 2M a year?
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
The entire thing was planned from the beginning and is going swimmingly for Carolina. KK won't get his QO, he'll sign lower but for long term. Which is what his agent will tell him to do.

The whole point was to overpay for 1 year, play him very little and not in great situations so that he can't break out and demand his QO again realistically. Then next year sign him to a long term contract at a more reasonable cap hit (Maybe 4.5Mx 6 years), which he'll want because he knows he won't get 6.1M on the open market again if chooses to go to market anyway so whats the point of holding out? It would only hurt his stock. So he'll sign a long term contract at a respectable rate. Carolina will get the player on a decent contract who hopefully performs. I imagine they'll start playing him big minutes and with the best players starting only next year when Trocheck and Staal are gone that way KK lives up to his contact and more. This is literally a masterclass in how to do an OS properly.

MB thought slightly overpaying a front loaded contract was him being "smart". Waddell is playing Chess. MB is playing tic tac toe.
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 15
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
they're going to sign an extension around $4.5m. that was all part of the plan.
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 17
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,410
KK already has an extension in place, I’m sure. The canes will announce this after Jan 1,2022. He will likely get a deal around 2-3 AAV and about 4-5 years. That is the consensus contract that I have heard people agreeing on amongst a group of my friends. The money is probably a lock, but I’m not so sure about the term. I am pretty sure KK agreed to an extension at that amount of money after officially becoming a cane.
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 19
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,410
Quoting: F50marco
The entire thing was planned from the beginning and is going swimmingly for Carolina. KK won't get his QO, he'll sign lower but for long term. Which is what his agent will tell him to do.

The whole point was to overpay for 1 year, play him very little and not in great situations so that he can't break out and demand his QO again realistically. Then next year sign him to a long term contract at a more reasonable cap hit (Maybe 4.5Mx 6 years), which he'll want because he knows he won't get 6.1M on the open market again if chooses to go to market anyway so whats the point of holding out? It would only hurt his stock. So he'll sign a long term contract at a respectable rate. Carolina will get the player on a decent contract who hopefully performs. I imagine they'll start playing him big minutes and with the best players starting only next year when Trocheck and Staal are gone that way KK lives up to his contact and more. This is literally a masterclass in how to do an OS properly.

MB thought slightly overpaying a front loaded contract was him being "smart". Waddell is playing Chess. MB is playing tic tac toe.

Canes will be resigning Trocheck and Staal.
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 724

I like how in this scenario, the player is just this soulless husk that will go along with this devious plan... I see his ATOI is very low, but to insinuate this is being done on purpose to purposely hurt his stock, and to think he's just going to sign a long term contract there for trolls...? That's a really dim view you have on the players

Staal doesn't expire next year so I'm not sure what you're getting at anyway. Unless you also think he gets bought out for some reason...
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 38
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,043
Quoting: mvp13
I'm not a CAR fan or expert, but it's a general meme around town that the Jesperi offer sheet will come back to haunt them, since his RFA QO will remain 6.1mil. And while Jesperi could take less than that, he'd be really silly to do so... so, let's see how the team looks assuming he demands his QO.

He literally can't demand anything, nor would he be silly to take less than his QO because no one is giving him $6.1m next year unless he goes on a tear this year and scores a ton of points. People make a bigger deal about the QO number when they see the last year of a contract when the vast majority of times a team will be looking at signing them for longer than the QO 1 or 2 years so that number becomes completely irrelevant. Does it give a player a little bit of leverage to ask for a bit more on a longer deal? Sure, but not much because unless a player absolutely hates playing for a team, they'll want the security of a long-term deal most of the time.
12 nov. 2021 à 12 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JayTea
He literally can't demand anything, nor would he be silly to take less than his QO because no one is giving him $6.1m next year unless he goes on a tear this year and scores a ton of points. People make a bigger deal about the QO number when they see the last year of a contract when the vast majority of times a team will be looking at signing them for longer than the QO 1 or 2 years so that number becomes completely irrelevant. Does it give a player a little bit of leverage to ask for a bit more on a longer deal? Sure, but not much because unless a player absolutely hates playing for a team, they'll want the security of a long-term deal most of the time.

It's definitely possible I'm misunderstanding the whole qualifying offer + RFA arbitration bit, but to assume that management is purposely damaging Jesperi's stock by playing him less to get a better contract out of him, while also thinking he signs long term given this, is completely insane to me... if I'm Jesperi I'd rather go anywhere else for any amount of money than be dicked down like that. But if CAR lets him slip, then they waste their 1st and 3rd round pick on a one year troll, which isn't exactly 4D chess to me... that's where I'm at, because I think Jesperi has a lot more leverage than ya'll are giving him, but it can go either way. I guess it depends on how smart Jesperi and his agent are
12 nov. 2021 à 13 h 37
Quoting: evelutions2
Canes will be resigning Trocheck and Staal.

Maybe Staal, at a lower cap and role. But Trocheck im not sure. If he continues to score how he has, he'll cost north of 6M. How many centers can you possibly pay 5-6M a year? If they resign both guys the KK OS wasn't a smart move then IMO.
12 nov. 2021 à 13 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,979

Can I have this framed and on my wall both IRL and on twitter?
12 nov. 2021 à 13 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Caniac2000
Can I have this framed and on my wall both IRL and on twitter?

So you can remember how your management mistreats your own players? Sounds like a solid Caniac fan thing to do
12 nov. 2021 à 14 h 0
I like how in this scenario, the player is just this soulless husk that will go along with this devious plan... I see his ATOI is very low, but to insinuate this is being done on purpose to purposely hurt his stock, and to think he's just going to sign a long term contract there for trolls...? That's a really dim view you have on the players

Staal doesn't expire next year so I'm not sure what you're getting at anyway. Unless you also think he gets bought out for some reason...

Who the heck said any of that? I sure didn't. This is business and in my scenario, everyone is happy including the player so whats the problem exactly?. Your making out this to be devious when it's not in the slightest. KK is not in on any of it. The GM and coach are. What are KK's other options exactly? he's a RFA with terrible offensive numbers thus far in his career coming off signing an OS in which he's being paif like a top line player but producing at a 4th line rate. He hasn't played better than Trocheck or Staal to deserve more time in their stead so its not like he himself has anyone to blame than himself.

Regarding Staal, I was under the impression his contract ended this year but either way, it doesn't change all that much. By the time his contract ends he'll be 35 and no longer worthy higher end minutes. So if the Canes are playing KK 12 mins a night behind guys like Trocheck and Staal not on purpose after signing him to a 6.1M offer sheet, than I take it all back. This was a terrible move by Carolina. There purposefully tanking their high priced asset.

As for QO, they mean nothing if the player hasn't earned it. Say he doesn't like the offer Carolina offers and walks to UFA. Who in free agency is going to pay him 6.1M or more that eh would want? No one. Its in his best interest to take a good offer with a good team, especially one that showed confidence in him by offering him way more then he was worth right away. He'll have long term security at a value that is good for his production thus far. His agent knows he won't get more elsewhere so whats he holding out on? What if he signs another QO and sucks that year too and his next contract is only 2M*2 years? Was it good of him to walk to free agency and decline Carolina's long term offer then? No.

What I outlined, is not devious and doesn't presume anyone to be a soulless husk either. Not sure where your getting that from.

Edit: I'm a Habs fan by the way. So Im not being bias.
12 nov. 2021 à 14 h 2
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,979
So you can remember how your management mistreats your own players? Sounds like a solid Caniac fan thing to do

So I can laugh at habs fans....
12 nov. 2021 à 14 h 5
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,043
It's definitely possible I'm misunderstanding the whole qualifying offer + RFA arbitration bit, but to assume that management is purposely damaging Jesperi's stock by playing him less to get a better contract out of him, while also thinking he signs long term given this, is completely insane to me... if I'm Jesperi I'd rather go anywhere else for any amount of money than be dicked down like that. But if CAR lets him slip, then they waste their 1st and 3rd round pick on a one year troll, which isn't exactly 4D chess to me... that's where I'm at, because I think Jesperi has a lot more leverage than ya'll are giving him, but it can go either way. I guess it depends on how smart Jesperi and his agent are

I'm not saying the Canes are intentionally doing anything to lower his next contract value because they're not, you're confusing my comment with the other person saying they were. They're trying to win a Cup this year and if it means Jesperi is their best player and he needs to be on the ice 18+ minutes a game even if they know they won't be able to afford to keep some of their players next year when they need to re-sign him, they'll do it. Winning a Cup is a good way to make salary cap casualties not seem like a big deal. lol

Let me put it this way: name another instance of a player signing a ridiculously high 1 or 2 year qualifying offer instead of signing a more reasonable number for a longer term? It doesn't exist because it doesn't happen. Jesperi and his agent will know roughly what he will be worth based on comparable contracts and unless he really takes off this year, it will likely be for a much lower number than his QO minimum. Unless he's actually worth his QO, the Canes won't give him that and neither will anyone else. He's not leaving money on the table without another team willing to give it to him.
12 nov. 2021 à 14 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Who the heck said any of that? I sure didn't. This is business and in my scenario, everyone is happy including the player so whats the problem exactly?. Your making out this to be devious when it's not in the slightest. KK is not in on any of it. The GM and coach are. What are KK's other options exactly? he's a RFA with terrible offensive numbers thus far in his career coming off signing an OS in which he's being paif like a top line player but producing at a 4th line rate. He hasn't played better than Trocheck or Staal to deserve more time in their stead so its not like he himself has anyone to blame than himself.

Regarding Staal, I was under the impression his contract ended this year but either way, it doesn't change all that much. By the time his contract ends he'll be 35 and no longer worthy higher end minutes. So if the Canes are playing KK 12 mins a night behind guys like Trocheck and Staal not on purpose after signing him to a 6.1M offer sheet, than I take it all back. This was a terrible move by Carolina. There purposefully tanking their high priced asset.

As for QO, they mean nothing if the player hasn't earned it. Say he doesn't like the offer Carolina offers and walks to UFA. Who in free agency is going to pay him 6.1M or more that eh would want? No one. Its in his best interest to take a good offer with a good team, especially one that showed confidence in him by offering him way more then he was worth right away. He'll have long term security at a value that is good for his production thus far. His agent knows he won't get more elsewhere so whats he holding out on? What if he signs another QO and sucks that year too and his next contract is only 2M*2 years? Was it good of him to walk to free agency and decline Carolina's long term offer then? No.

What I outlined, is not devious and doesn't presume anyone to be a soulless husk either. Not sure where your getting that from.

Edit: I'm a Habs fan by the way. So Im not being bias.

This is literally what you wrote............

"The whole point was to overpay for 1 year, play him very little and not in great situations so that he can't break out and demand his QO again realistically. Then next year sign him to a long term contract at a more reasonable cap hit"

How you can be confused at my post after writing this is very strange.
12 nov. 2021 à 14 h 56
This is literally what you wrote............

"The whole point was to overpay for 1 year, play him very little and not in great situations so that he can't break out and demand his QO again realistically. Then next year sign him to a long term contract at a more reasonable cap hit"

How you can be confused at my post after writing this is very strange.

And what is Carolina doing exactly? Playing him very little in not great situations. So am I wrong?

The player they just paid a 1st and a 3rd and overpaid 6.1M to get is playing the 9th least amount of time at 5v5 and PP on the team........ Either they're doing as I formentioned or he's playing so bad that him expecting to get his QO is so ridiculous that even he and his agent would admit. It can't not be neither.

Plus context is important here since your going to the extreme with what I said, "playing very little and in not great situations" is not 1 min a game in the defensive zone. Its 12 mins a night with not very much PP time. So again, what am I wrong about?

They're not sabotaging his entire career but they sure aren't putting him in every possibility to EARN his QO either.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage