SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Is it time for Green to go?

30 oct. 2021 à 23 h 1
AN "ORIGINAL SIX"
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 182
Everyone is turned into a checker when playing heads up against McDavid.
So why is Green trying to turn Pettersson into a checker. When the Nucks have last change you would think that Pettersson would be used where he can concentrate on offense.
Horvat has had some success checking McDavid so let his line try to contain Connor.
I am beginning to agree with those fans who want to get rid of Green. Some of his decisions certainly seem illogical.
2 nov. 2021 à 1 h 12
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
I figured sooner or later somebody might start a thread about this, glad to be the first to add to it

I know this might sound surprising to many, but I honestly don't mind the idea of guys like Pettersson and Horvat trying to play more of a checking game, especially Petey because opposing teams seem to make a more deliberate effort to match-up against him, despite his thin figure. I think Petey is smart enough that he will find away to adjust, that is what great players do when trying to get out of slumps

You know what is funny, last season the team tried to outscore their problems and play a very aggressive game. That obviously did not work as the team was a train wreck defensively, do us fans really want the team to go back to that? Now the team looks to be trying to go with a more conservative system, but it's coming at the expense of their offense. It really doesn't matter how the team plays, if the team is losing, fans will complain that they aren't playing the "other" way, and that the "other" system is the way to go. If this Canucks team played as loose defensively as they were last year, I know the fans would all be crying out that the team didn't learn from their shortcomings last season, it would still be the same forlorn musical composition with different lyrics (pardon my analogy). Truth is, fans don't care how the team plays, they just want to see the team win, they just want to support a winning product

I'll admit, the line juggling is getting to be a bit much even though the team has been trailing most of the time lately, but remember how inflexible Willie Desjardins was? Not willing to shake up the roster when the situation called for it? Well with Travis Green, at least we know he only aggressively puts the lines in a blender when the team needs to score goals, and the set lines haven't been generating anything for most of a game. At the end of the day, fans will complain about either or, and will never admit that maybe the team just needs some more time to gel together

As for my opinion, I actually support the team's decision to go to a more defense oriented style of play. Sure, the team may not score as many goals, or be as exciting to watch, but as long as they are winning games, who cares. It's still early in the season, it's not time to panic yet, let's give the team at least until the end of this homestand. If they can win at least two of the remaining four games in this homestand, I'll consider that acceptable. Usually teams don't start to make a deliberate overhead assessment until around American Thanksgiving, when the season is about a quarter of the way through. I expect the Canucks to do just so like every other team

Remember, this team isn't trying to compete for the Cup just yet, as Benning said, they are just trying to get a playoff berth and see where things go from there. It's going to take an extensive losing streak for Green to get fired, and the only way I see Benning being out the door is if the team doesn't make the playoffs, because it's hard to deny Benning had an admirable off-season at least

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage