SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #3

30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 33
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Quoting: aadoyle
Well nobody is making more than Mcdavid whose rn making 12.5mill. Unless Arizona decides to try and offer Matthews 18mill got a feeling his next contract will be 12-12.5mill

So if we go by that Matthews will probs get a slight raise 12-12.5 mill, Marner will probs make less than what he currently got on his next deal unless he explodes productively 9mill, Nylander 8-9mill, So in the end only Matthews will be making more but hes worth every penny.

I think the point is:

Kuch 9.5 = worth about 10-11m = arguably the best winger in the game VS Matthews 11 = worth it = franchise player, top player
Point 9.5 = fair value = an elite performer and solid playoffs VS Marner 11 = meh/ bad = elite player
Hedman 7 = steal = best D VS Rielly 7.5 = great contract = great player
Vasi 9.5 = solid value = best G VS Nylander 6.9 = amazing value = amazing player
Stammer 8.5 = meh = great player VS Tavares 11 = meh/ bad = great player

With the only player on Tampa needing a new contract is Stammer. Everyone else is locked up long term. Leafs guys will need some new contracts soonish.

You've got Kucherov's historic playoff record so he gets the edge. Simple. Matthews hasn't done anything near what Kucherov has done. Matthews regulars seasons literally don't matter (and Kuchs regular seasons have been better than elite as well). Vasi and Hedman build you an elite backend and blow Nylander and Rielly out of the water. Marner VS Point is close but again; Point gets the edge due to playoff performance. Kuch Point are close to Matthews Marner but Kuch and Point are millions cheaper and have carried their team in the playoffs.

And so the Leafs dynamic stars cost more and are "worse" objectively. Subjectively its quite close. But when you're looking at the facts; Kucherov has put up numbers no one has in decades, Point was close to a conn smythe, Vasi is the worlds best goalie plain and simple, and Hedman is close enough/ equal to Rielly's OFD value but he's way way way way way better overall to make it not even and argument. Nylander just draws the short straw to matchup with Vasi but Nylander is very talented. I mention Stammer and Tavares last and honestly it may be equal; but one guys going to the HOF and the other isnt. Im very open to being an open discussion so if you think I am wrong let me know - all is a good discussion.
Saskleaf, Kotkaniemi15, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 37
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Quoting: yikes
I think the point is:

Kuch 9.5 = worth about 10-11m = arguably the best winger in the game VS Matthews 11 = worth it = franchise player, top player
Point 9.5 = fair value = an elite performer and solid playoffs VS Marner 11 = meh/ bad = elite player
Hedman 7 = steal = best D VS Rielly 7.5 = great contract = great player
Vasi 9.5 = solid value = best G VS Nylander 6.9 = amazing value = amazing player
Stammer 8.5 = meh = great player VS Tavares 11 = meh/ bad = great player

With the only player on Tampa needing a new contract is Stammer. Everyone else is locked up long term.

You've got Kucherov's historic playoff record so he gets the edge. Simple. Matthews hasn't done anything near what Kucherov has done. Matthews regulars seasons literally don't matter (and Kuchs regular seasons have been better than elite as well). Vasi and Hedman build you an elite backend and blow Nylander and Rielly out of the water. Marner VS Point is close but again; Point gets the edge due to playoff performance. Kuch Point are close to Matthews Marner but Kuch and Point are millions cheaper and have carried their team in the playoffs.

And so the Leafs dynamic stars cost more and are "worse" objectively. Subjectively its quite close. But when you're looking at the facts; Kucherov has put up numbers no one has in decades, Point was close to a conn smythe, Vasi is the worlds best goalie plain and simple, and Hedman is close enough to Rielly's OFD value but he's way way way way way better overall to make it not even and argument. Nylander just draws the short straw to matchup with Vasi but Nylander is very talented. I mention Stammer and Tavares last and honestly it may be equal; but one guys doing to the HOF and the other isnt.

I think this is a pretty good way of putting it.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 40
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Well nobody is making more than Mcdavid whose rn making 12.5mill. Unless Arizona decides to try and offer Matthews 18mill got a feeling his next contract will be 12-12.5mill

So if we go by that Matthews will probs get a slight raise 12-12.5 mill, Marner will probs make less than what he currently got on his next deal unless he explodes productively 9.25mill, Nylander 8.5-9mill, So in the end only Matthews will be making than Kucherov but hes worth every penny.

I mean McDavid signed at a discount, and has increased his value significantly since signing the contract, so I don’t see how his $12.5 million is the limit.

Matthews as a UFA with the cap going up will get at least Panarin money, if not more. I mean Tavares and Panarin were both offered contracts at a $13 million AAV despite them being 2 years older than Matthews (and in Tavares’ case not being anywhere near as good, and in Panarin’s case not being as good and being a winger with less value). I think Matthews probably signs for around $12.5 million if he takes a discount to stay in Toronto, and $13.5+ million if he doesn’t stay.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 42
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I mean McDavid signed at a discount, and has increased his value significantly since signing the contract, so I don’t see how his $12.5 million is the limit.

the scariest thing is if McDavid hit the UFA market today, I think he ends up with 15... nearly all 32 teams make an offer; if not all.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 44
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,881

Matthews as a UFA with the cap going up will get at least Panarin money, if not more. I mean Tavares and Panarin were both offered contracts at a $13 million AAV despite them being 2 years older than Matthews (and in Tavares’ case not being anywhere near as good, and in Panarin’s case not being as good and being a winger with less value). I think Matthews probably signs for around $12.5 million if he takes a discount to stay in Toronto, and $13.5+ million if he doesn’t stay.

Oh 100% I just think with the way Mcdavid has played teams will go so you want 13mill can you beat Mcdavid? No then how about 12 mill. I think mcdavid is the perfect deterrent to 13mill deals for now (wait till his next deal). Now Arizona might break that with an attempt to snag Matthews but if hes gonna make 15mill with them the market will go through a bad shift again like it did this year with Dman.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 44
Hakuna Matata
the scariest thing is if McDavid hit the UFA market today, I think he ends up with 15... nearly all 32 teams make an offer; if not all.

Nah were gonna see the first 20mill deal, 200 point players dont grow on trees
Kotkaniemi15 et yikes a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 45
Former Hockey Fan

I mean he was set to make $14 million in 2017. Considering the fact that he’s recently been scoring at a level only bested by Lemieux & Gretzky, he might be able to make league max.

Although I do think he probably takes around $14 or $15 million to stay in Edmonton.

Edit: Well just not to stay in Edmonton, but mainly so that a competitive team can be built around him and the Oilers can keep Draisaitl.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 49
Hakuna Matata
I wonder if MAF gets traded before the deadline, got to think that as his value could by FC by the deadline if he continues to play for the Hawks.

Get at least a 5th for him and retain half his salary and recommit to the rebuild
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
I wonder if MAF gets traded before the deadline, got to think that as his value could by FC by the deadline if he continues to play for the Hawks.

I mean with a $7 million cap hit, a .839 save percentage, and a 5.75 goals against average; I don’t know if there will be any takers. Especially since mid-season goalie trades (especially rentals) are extremely rare and goalies usually don’t get good value back.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 52
EklundCelebriniSmith
Nah were gonna see the first 20mill deal, 200 point players dont grow on trees

Right now the max is 16.3 but 29yr McDavid is gonna get PAID if he's still healthy. If he's got a cup by then; I just want him to make the most possible.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 54
EklundCelebriniSmith
I mean he was set to make $14 million in 2017. Considering the fact that he’s recently been scoring at a level only bested by Lemieux & Gretzky, he might be able to make league max.

Although I do think he probably takes around $14 or $15 million to stay in Edmonton.

Edit: Well just not to stay in Edmonton, but mainly so that a competitive team can be built around him and the Oilers can keep Draisaitl.

I think Leon walks tbh. He expires the year before McDavid and will be much older. No cup by then and I think they both walk. If I'm the GM I'm winning a cup within the next 4 years or I go into the year with the assumption that Leon walks leading to Connor walking. Oilers gotta win one asap. This could be their year before the Nurse ext. kicks in.

I hate to say it but I am a full blown Oilers fan this year if the Sharks fall off the wagon. I am not a fan of McDavid (like I'm not buying a jersey of his) but he deserves to win one.
30 oct. 2021 à 13 h 59
Former Hockey Fan
I think Leon walks tbh. He expires the year before McDavid and will be much older. No cup by then and I think they both walk. If I'm the GM I'm winning a cup within the next 4 years or I go into the year with the assumption that Leon walks leading to Connor walking. Oilers gotta win one asap. This could be their year before the Nurse ext. kicks in.

As an Oilers fan, I’m torn on hoping they go on a run, and also hoping they flop this year and Holland gets fired. Sticking Out Tongue Because McDavid and Draisaitl are so ridiculously good, all you need is a decent team around them, and the Oilers could be one of the best teams in the league. Well at least the Oilers play really entertaining regular season games right now.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 12
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Who the hell is that Gregory Hofmann in CLB????
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 16
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

Leafs will never recover from this
EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
Quoting: Devil1122

No way Vegas trades for Eichel now right?
Saskleaf et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 27
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077

I swear leaf players get claimed bc the gms are like

“Psssst let’s claim their depth and watch em get messed up”
Saskleaf et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 32
Go leafs go

Why? He wasn't even good.

Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I swear leaf players get claimed bc the gms are like

“Psssst let’s claim their depth and watch em get messed up”

This. Players on other teams that are better than the leafs players clear, but the leafs guys don't, it's so annoying.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 33
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,486
Quoting: Saskleaf
Why? He wasn't even good.

Because of injuries, Vegas was icing a bunch of non-ready AHLers
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 34
Hakuna Matata

Why do teams like claiming our leftovers lul

Also kind of made sense he was waived as I believe Mikheyev is returning soon.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 40
Go leafs go
Why do teams like claiming our leftovers lul

Also kind of made sense he was waived as I believe Mikheyev is returning soon.

Oh it made sense he was waived, but it made sense because he wasn't that good and the leafs are probably looking to give Semyonov a chance.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 54
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Bettman called Kyle beach this morning. He started off the video call with “call me Gary”

Mr bettman, please think about what you said and please tell me it sounded better in your head
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 14 h 57
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Who the hell is that Gregory Hofmann in CLB????

28 year old Swiss player who they got from Carolina for a 7th round pick this past February. (After being drafted by Carolina in 2011)
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 15 h 24
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982

With Mike Amadio now claimed off waivers, the Leafs now have 5 NHL Cs (Matthews, Tavares, Kerfoot, Kampf, Spezza), with Engvall also able to play Wing/Center.

Semyonov is their only other NHL-level center, SDA did have a nice camp but no experience. They need to sort this out at some point. Makes a Kerfoot trade for a possible top 6 winger all the more difficult
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 15 h 35
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Is today the day the Jack Eichel saga comes to a close?
EsoYeezus69 et yikes a aimé ceci.
30 oct. 2021 à 15 h 36
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

EsoYeezus69 et yikes a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage