SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Gutted and Done

26 oct. 2021 à 17 h 32
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 851
I just wanna say off the top that I have loved the discussions that I’ve had with hawks fans on this site. It has been trying times in Chicago for awhile and everyone has given their two cents on solutions, but try as we must, our ideas never line up with the logic this messed up front office chose. Unfortunately, those choices are going to be felt and paid for the better part of the next decade.

Off the ice, though, today changed everything. People were finally held accountable for the disgraceful actions that were swept under the rug for 11 years. Bowman, McIssac, and others are all rightfully gone. However, the organization, the NHL, the NHLPA, and hockey in general will never be the same. Integrity was completely ignored for the sake of success. The dynasty is forever tainted. In all honesty, the relief and pride I felt in the report finally coming out eventually turned to more pain and misery. I’ve loved this team for so long and never felt “ashamed” of them like this. They’ve gutted me to my core.

As such, I again thank all of you hawks fans for such a great open discussion about where we need to go in the future. However, I’m done with this team. My fandom can’t take the depths with which they have sunk. Many will say and organization is bigger than a few people, but this proved that logic wrong. This was all about protecting a few to save the whole. I’m sorry if this pisses anyone off, and even more if no one even cares, but just wanted to thank you all for the good times. Take care and save me a Guinness by the fire. Cheers.
CFMan et yikes a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 17
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
no, that's fair, honestly.

sports fandom is a two-way street, as much as some people may or may not forget. your end of the bargain is to cheer for the team and support them, and their end of the bargain is to act and comport themselves in a way that deserves support. if they don't hold up their end of the bargain, you're well within your rights to say, "i'm done here."

this organization has done terrible things, no ifs, ands, or buts. the fanbase as a whole should be asking them why this was allowed to happen and why they should remain fans of this team. and the fanbase is well within their rights to say, "i'm outta here if you can't show that you can change for the better or if i don't believe that you can change for the better."

and condoning these things or coming up with excuses for them says a lot about the person doing such things, and not in a great way. (to be clear, i'm speaking simply as a commenter here and not as a forum moderator, but i would hope that the position of the Davis brothers and the rest of the CF mods is "this was a terrible and shameful thing to have happened".)
HatterTParty a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 15 h 33
Number 1 Kahun Fan
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
I dont think anyone can find fault in your argument and the way you feel Hatter. Hopefully this doesnt change your love for the sport itself, because at the end of the day that is all it is: a sport. Very sad others would put it above the safety and well being of a young man, practically a kid so that their victories wouldnt be overshadowed by scandal. When/if you decide to come back you'll always be welcomed with open arms. Good luck to you Hatter.
HatterTParty a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2022 à 9 h 7
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Quoting: CFMan
I dont think anyone can find fault in your argument and the way you feel Hatter. Hopefully this doesnt change your love for the sport itself, because at the end of the day that is all it is: a sport. Very sad others would put it above the safety and well being of a young man, practically a kid so that their victories wouldnt be overshadowed by scandal. When/if you decide to come back you'll always be welcomed with open arms. Good luck to you Hatter.

not anyone

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage