SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

GIVE ME JOHN TORTORELLA

23 oct. 2021 à 21 h 41
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 38
i’m tired of these overpaid soft players. No heart no compete. Bring in torts and set them straight
23 oct. 2021 à 21 h 46
Ballards Curse
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 271
Fire the assistants and bring in Torts and Bruce. Makes Keefe's seat a little hotter, even tho he's really not the problem
willystyles67 a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 21 h 48
wpg
Mentions "j'aime": 1,028
Quoting: hazard
Fire the assistants and bring in Torts and Bruce. Makes Keefe's seat a little hotter, even tho he's really not the problem

u realize what happened with CBJ right?
23 oct. 2021 à 21 h 49
Ballards Curse
Mentions "j'aime": 271
Quoting: HockeyFan989
u realize what happened with CBJ right?

CBJ has also had literally 0-star power aside from Panarin and an inconsistent Bobovorsky. He also was extremely effective his first couple of years there.
23 oct. 2021 à 21 h 55
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,278
Never heard anyone say that one before. But I’ll say this, d3spite wearing out his welcome fast he makes his players work harder and bust their ass which is never a bad thing. A year or 2 with him before Keefe would’ve probably been just what this team may have needed.
NYR1983 et willystyles67 a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 21 h 59
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 483
He might offend some players…
23 oct. 2021 à 21 h 59
Mentions "j'aime": 2,508
CBJ has also had literally 0-star power aside from Panarin and an inconsistent Bobovorsky. He also was extremely effective his first couple of years there.

I mean, Torts is good for some stuff for sure. I liked him as NYR coach and would have been fine with him coming back. You guys are still paying Babcock who was trying to enforce exactly what you’re asking for now and 💯 of leaf fans wanted him gone. Dubas is too attached to Keefe to make that change. This will be a scenario where both coach and GM get fired if things don’t change in the next few months
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 1
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
Never heard anyone say that one before. But I’ll say this, d3spite wearing out his welcome fast he makes his players work harder and bust their ass which is never a bad thing. A year or 2 with him before Keefe would’ve probably been just what this team may have needed.

They had Babcock who tried to enforce this culture and fans ran him out of town
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 2
Quoting: NYR1983

If the fans dictate that much on the team there’s a problem. Plus I feel like Torts could’ve done a better job.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 7
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,726

Thats because he was awful. To predictable kept running the same lines with no change ever and it was his way or no way. Like when you got guys in Detroit telling stories about how bad his behaviour was it was understandable why after 3 years he was ousted in Toronto
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 9
If the fans dictate that much on the team there’s a problem. Plus I feel like Torts could’ve done a better job.

I know for a fact that teams read the **** we write on here and twitter, etc.. it’s a software that even a McDonalds will use to see feedback about changing their fries or new burger. So between 10M fans crying on social medias and Dubas being so tight with Keefe, the writing was on the wall. If fans loved Babcock then Dubas couldn’t make the move.
HOCKEYBOY448 a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 11
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Modifié 24 oct. 2021 à 10 h 23

Laine, Domi, Jones, Werenski. Not that Jones is doing any better elsewhere, but those first two had some good years in WPG, MTL. Anderson did pretty well when he got to MTL.

Tortorella can help some teams find their identity, but after a few years, players tune him out. Much like Babcock. There are only so many times someone can tell you to work harder.

eta: Here's one big knock on Tortorella: https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/columbus-blue-jackets-announce-available-and-protected-lists-2017/c-289972892

Tortorella is the guy who recognized St. Louis could play top line with Lecavalier, thus helping the Lightning win in '04. But after two years in Columbus, he had Wennberg, Karlsson, and Anderson in bottom six roles, and Korpisalo as a third string goalie. Of those, only Wennberg made the team's expansion protection list. Maybe Jarmo just didn't ask him?
NYR1983 a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 12
Quoting: aadoyle
Thats because he was awful. To predictable kept running the same lines with no change ever and it was his way or no way. Like when you got guys in Detroit telling stories about how bad his behaviour was it was understandable why after 3 years he was ousted in Toronto

It’s torts way or the highway so explain how it’s any different. Laine got benched multiple times last season. That will be marner, Matthews, nylander at some point and then what?
Eli a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 14
Hakuna Matata
It’s torts way or the highway so explain how it’s any different. Laine got benched multiple times last season. That will be marner, Matthews, nylander at some point and then what?

And thats why Torts is not the coach for Toronto, its basically Mike Babcock 2.0
NYR1983 et Eli a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 15
I know for a fact that teams read the **** we write on here and twitter, etc.. it’s a software that even a McDonalds will use to see feedback about changing their fries or new burger. So between 10M fans crying on social medias and Dubas being so tight with Keefe, the writing was on the wall. If fans loved Babcock then Dubas couldn’t make the move.

They have to. Otherwise it’s straight ignorance to let the voices of millions go unanswered.
NYR1983 a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 15
And thats why Torts is not the coach for Toronto,

Precisely what I was saying, seemed like you were arguing that he would be different.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 16
They have to. Otherwise it’s straight ignorance to let the voices of millions go unanswered.

Exactly, NYR knew that 90% of fans were upset with the moves drury made, now they now 100% of those people have changed their tune
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Exactly, NYR knew that 90% of fans were upset with the moves drury made, now they now 100% of those people have changed their tune

To me though its just been such a weird October

Tampa is 2-2-1
Toronto is 2-3-1
Colorado is 2-3
Islanders 1-2-1

Im giving them till November as there is always the chance they along with all the other teams get their act together

That said STL went from last in the NHL to Cup Champs so...Anything's possible
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 22
Mentions "j'aime": 11,899

WOW! Laine, PLD, Werenski, Jones, Atkinson, Saad and Hartnell that's off the top of my head I'm sure there were more.

The reason Tortorella does well in the first couple of seasons he treats it as a grace period to adjust his style of play. After that you better play the way he wants or you get benched or worse. If Columbus let Tortorella go instead of trading PLD they probably still have Jones.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 26

Yep. That’s always the way it works. Other than the return on the Buch deal, I just wish they didn’t spend as much as they did on Goodrow. Don’t get me wrong I love the player, but the contract is a bit rich for my liking. And one more would be signing Nemeth for 3 years instead of 2 but that’s kinda nitpicking.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 32
To me though its just been such a weird October

Tampa is 2-2-1
Toronto is 2-3-1
Colorado is 2-3
Islanders 1-2-1

Im giving them till November as there is always the chance they along with all the other teams get their act together

That said STL went from last in the NHL to Cup Champs so...Anything's possible

Ya. Too early to say anything.. BUF was undefeated.. but they do need to get things turned around. No team should lose 7-1 to PIT when they are missing their 3 big stars. If this isn’t fixed by Christmas then I would think change is happening
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Yep. That’s always the way it works. Other than the return on the Buch deal, I just wish they didn’t spend as much as they did on Goodrow. Don’t get me wrong I love the player, but the contract is a bit rich for my liking. And one more would be signing Nemeth for 3 years instead of 2 but that’s kinda nitpicking.

I think most moves they did was due to Wilson chosing Grit over anything else. Could work out in the end of blow up.

Still I think the Buch trade was pretty bad considering the guy they had to replace him now is wanting out (Kravtsov)
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Ya. Too early to say anything.. BUF was undefeated.. but they do need to get things turned around. No team should lose 7-1 to PIT when they are missing their 3 big stars. If this isn’t fixed by Christmas then I would think change is happening

Ironically Pittsburgh plays better without their stars. Its something like they have a 60% better chance of winning when Crosby, Malkin, or both are out of the lineup
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 37

I watched Blais a bunch in STL so I was happy with the return. He really drives the play which Buch didn’t and the physical aspect. Goodrow, seems high but with the term will look good down the road. Nemeth can be moved if needed. Reaves… well it was needed. Tinordi, just more Reaves for WSH. Once we are healthy it should be lethal
23 oct. 2021 à 22 h 37
Ironically Pittsburgh plays better without their stars. Its something like they have a 60% better chance of winning when Crosby, Malkin, or both are out of the lineup

Serious?! That’s insane
aadoyle a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage