Forums/Armchair-GM

More of the same tonight

Créé par: Islesforthecup
Équipe: 2021-22 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 23 oct. 2021
Publié: 23 oct. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If certain guys cant get their sh*t together tonight we should use these lines going forward. Honestly i dont really care about the W tonight. It would be nice to win and we are playing arizona so it shouldnt be too hard BUT the main thing for me is for guys to play well.
Idk if ishakov has an nhl clause in his contract but if he does its time to sign him and give him a path to the nhl in the organization.

Wahlstrom deserves a shot on the first line with barzal, hes been our best player this year.
The 2nd line would be so hard to play against. Our 2 best forecheckers are on that line and they are great in all 3 zones. This line should dominate play when on the ice.
The 3rd line is a weird mix tbh. Its geared to try and get nelson going. He gets a high motor guy in parise and a very explosive player in ishakov. Idk if that will translate to the nhl but if it does it will give brock some space and hopefully get going in the goal scoring department. I also moved him down in the lineup trying to match against a weaker line defensively but not have them play against the opponents best players, as well as take some of the pressure off.
The 4th line stays the same as theyve been solid and with the lines in a blender it would be a 'fallback' option during the game if things arent going well.

We reunite a top 3 pair in hockey, enough said.
I was considering hickey in this spot but salo had a great camp and can really be a bright spot in a position that was a big hole for us.
This pair makes sense for a lot of reasons. While aho probably wont get any PP time he can drive play offensively unlike chara/greene. Mayfield in order to succeed needs someone who can handle the puck and make the pass out of the d zone.

PP and PK are pretty straightforward. The F on the left on the PK is the C and will take faceoffs.

The PP is a 1-3-1. To make it easy to understand i put the netfront guy in the other D spot, so the 3 forwards are in the same order as irl.

*it could be aho on PP2 instead of salo bc idk if they would want salo playing PP and PK.

** both palmieri and parise could draw in on the PK.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3875 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de COL
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 196 688 $1 365 854 $2 107 500 $2 303 312 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 5
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 2
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 5
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
AG
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
875 000 $875 000 $
C
RFA
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
DG
RFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 3
Équipe de réserve
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
DG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 19
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: Isles10
Wahlstrom against Vegas:
On-ice 5v5 SVA CF% - 66.45%.
On-ice 5v5 SVA xG% - 94.59%.

… but his ice-time is reduced game by game. I don’t know what Trotz don’t like about him. He’s actually the most Trotz player you could ever be. It’s all just weird at this point. Because he’s young? What is that even.

That’s exactly why - it has everything to do with his age. Trotz puts the two worst defensive forwards (Lee and Bailey) on the ice to protect a lead because they are vets. He plays the guys he respects the most, it’s a problem.

Natural stat trick has Wahlstrom on the ice for the lowest xGA (.05) among all players. You’re right he is a Trotz player - he’s physical, good defensively, wins his puck pattles, good Hockey IQ. I don’t know why Trotz didn’t keep the Parise-Barzal-Wahlstrom line together, that line dominated
Isles10 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 20
Wahlstrom against Vegas:
On-ice 5v5 SVA CF% - 66.45%.
On-ice 5v5 SVA xG% - 94.59%.

… but his ice-time is reduced game by game. I don’t know what Trotz don’t like about him. He’s actually the most Trotz player you could ever be. It’s all just weird at this point. Because he’s young? What is that even.

I’m not defending Trotz but the lack of power plays had to do with his lower ice time. He usually plays anywhere from 12-14 min
Isles10 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 45
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 929
Quoting: Db1899
That’s exactly why - it has everything to do with his age. Trotz puts the two worst defensive forwards (Lee and Bailey) on the ice to protect a lead because they are vets. He plays the guys he respects the most, it’s a problem.

Natural stat trick has Wahlstrom on the ice for the lowest xGA (.05) among all players. You’re right he is a Trotz player - he’s physical, good defensively, wins his puck pattles, good Hockey IQ. I don’t know why Trotz didn’t keep the Parise-Barzal-Wahlstrom line together, that line dominated

Agree with every sentence. Yeah they were so fun to watch, they clicked in every aspect of the game. I really liked it.

Did you listen to Trotz postgame interview? It’s honestly cringeworthy. Staple (for once) asked a question about if Trotz had any concern with Chára playing so much in the sense that he have struggled early on… but Trotz just gives a speech about how Chára’s played 1700 games and blah blah blah. He’s 44, that tells you something bla blah bs. F that. So he’ll play just because he still knows how to put on the skates? Trotz even said something like he couldn’t imagine playing at the NHL level at 44, eh ok? I’m so tired of the age-factor, on both ways.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 49
Modifié 25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 57
I’m not defending Trotz but the lack of power plays had to do with his lower ice time. He usually plays anywhere from 12-14 min

That’s true of course, but Wahlstrom was a force against Vegas, and should of played way more 5v5, but it doesn’t matter of course. He simply doesn’t give a f. And that’s weird.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 51
Agree with every sentence. Yeah they were so fun to watch, they clicked in every aspect of the game. I really liked it.

Did you listen to Trotz postgame interview? It’s honestly cringeworthy. Staple (for once) asked a question about if Trotz had any concern with Chára playing so much in the sense that he have struggled early on… but Trotz just gives a speech about how Chára’s played 1700 games and blah blah blah. He’s 44, that tells you something bla blah bs. F that. So he’ll play just because he still knows how to put on the skates? Trotz even said something like he couldn’t imagine playing at the NHL level at 44, eh ok? I’m so tired of the age-factor, on both ways.

Lmao yeah Trotz was trying to deflect when asked about Chara. Staples article in the Athletic today was probably trash, once again.
Isles10 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 52
That’s true of course, but Wahlstrom was a force against Vegas, but it doesn’t matter. He simply doesn’t give a f. And that’s weird.

I agree, if anything Wahlstrom deserves an increased workload. He should be playing 15-16 min per game. Play your best players
Isles10 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 57
Lmao yeah Trotz was trying to deflect when asked about Chara. Staples article in the Athletic today was probably trash, once again.

I haven’t read it yet… but yeah probably.

Btw have you seen the part of the fanbase who mocks the ”doom and gloomers” as Mich Anderson puts it? They think people who’s got concerns like you and me should shut up now that we won against Arizona and Vegas, where Sorokin saved our asses BIGtime lol. Arizona and a Vegas without Pacioretty and Stone ffs.

”Not a good weekend for the doom and gloomers, eh?” - Mich Anderson lol.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 59
I haven’t read it yet… but yeah probably.

Btw have you seen the part of the fanbase who mocks the ”doom and gloomers” as Mich Anderson puts it? They think people who’s got concerns like you and me should shut up now that we won against Arizona and Vegas, where Sorokin saved our asses BIGtime lol. Arizona and a Vegas without Pacioretty and Stone ffs.

”Not a good weekend for the doom and gloomers, eh?” - Mich Anderson lol.

These are the same fans that think it’s a normal thought process to send Wahlstrom to Bridgeport because of his waiver exemption. They are morons lol
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 5
These are the same fans that think it’s a normal thought process to send Wahlstrom to Bridgeport because of his waiver exemption. They are morons lol

Yeah I don’t know why they are so defensive all the time lol. By these peoples standard you cannot or shouldn’t have the privilege to enjoy a win, because you question a couple of things about the team you cheer for. What’s with all that bs?
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 8
Yeah I don’t know why they are so defensive all the time lol. By these peoples standard you cannot or shouldn’t have the privilege to enjoy a win, because you question a couple of things about the team you cheer for. What’s with all that bs?

They think that Trotz is infallible so they try to align their thinking the same way Trotz would see it.
Isles10 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 12
They think that Trotz is infallible so they try to align their thinking the same way Trotz would see it.

Yeah and that’s scary. We have been so bad so many years that when we finally are good we don’t allow ourselves to even express one negative or questioning thought re Lou or Trotz.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 14
Yeah and that’s scary. We have been so bad so many years that when we finally are good we don’t allow ourselves to even express one negative or questioning thought re Lou or Trotz.

A lot of fans were so excited about Chara and they want it to work out, so when you criticize chara they take it personal because they have are emotionally vested in Chara playing well 😂

I honestly thought Chara had another year, but the guy Is cooked. It’s disrespectful to the rest of the locker room to continue playing him.
Isles10 et Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 31
A lot of fans were so excited about Chara and they want it to work out, so when you criticize chara they take it personal because they have are emotionally vested in Chara playing well 😂

I honestly thought Chara had another year, but the guy Is cooked. It’s disrespectful to the rest of the locker room to continue playing him.

Yeah I have always been sceptical when romance and soft values, or a good saga, plays a big part in decisions in sport. That's why I've always admired the Golden Knights for how they have been working since they came into the league. They love Fleury but they thought they could improve on the ice without him and his 7 mils and decided it was time to let him go. That's tough of course, but that kind of mindset will make you successful in the hardest pro sports league in the world (in my mind). - And admit when you're wrong. It will not be easy for Lou and Trotz to scratch Chára, I get that, but this is not charity work. Chára is like Jágr, they will not admit or recognize it by themselves when they are cooked in the NHL. And with legends like that surely it must be hard to be the one person to tell them that... But it's their job to do it anyways. Salo and Aho are ready and entering their prime, they have to know that.

I would be so pissed of if I were Aho and demand a trade or get my contract terminated as Niku did. 100%.
Islesforthecup et Db1899 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 33
Yeah I have always been sceptical when romance and soft values, or a good saga, plays a big part in decisions in sport. That's why I've always admired the Golden Knights for how they have been working since they came into the league. They love Fleury but they thought they could improve on the ice without him and his 7 mils and decided it was time to let him go. That's tough of course, but that kind of mindset will make you successful in the hardest pro sports league in the world (in my mind). - And admit when you're wrong. It will not be easy for Lou and Trotz to scratch Chára, I get that, but this is not charity work. Chára is like Jágr, they will not admit or recognize it by themselves when they are cooked in the NHL. And with legends like that surely it must be hard to be the one person to tell them that... But it's their job to do it anyways. Salo and Aho are ready and entering their prime, they have to know that.

I would be so pissed of if I were Aho and demand a trade or get my contract terminated as Niku did. 100%.

I happened to quote instead of edit. sigh.

I think Mikko Koivu deserves a lot of respect for how he retired early last year, he was true to himself and Columbus in that he didn't feel he got it any longer. Chára should do the same tbh.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 56

Some quotes from Staple's article:
"Dobson has probably struggled the second most among the six defensemen, and his ice time was even more limited than Chara’s on Sunday, with Dobson playing just 14:00."

"Now the Isles forwards are stabilizing and Chara is still struggling, posting a 39.6 expected goals percentage so far, per Natural Stat Trick. And there aren’t any readily available solutions." - Solutions in the sense of other options? Or how to get Chára to play better... I'm not sure. But for once Staple is pretty harsh in his article several times against Chára actually. But no dig at Trotz for playing him, ofc. Though he mentions a couple of time how hard the system is to adapt.

"The evidence continues to pile up that Trotz doesn’t see Sebastian Aho as a regular substitute on defense. Saturday or Sunday would have been ideal times to work him in and give Chara a rest, but Trotz doesn’t seem to believe Aho can stand up to a heavier opponent." - I agree on this, I don't know why Trotz has even bothered to suggest that Aho will get his chances. I think these last two games are evidence for that not to be true.

"Robin Salo is continuing his solid play from training camp, posting a goal and four points in his first five games with Bridgeport. But to replace Chara, one would think Trotz needs not just an emerging young talent but a defenseman who can handle the things he feels Aho cannot — and Salo, though a young guy with an extremely bright future, is probably not entrenched in the Isles’ front-office minds as a player who can handle heavy forwards right now."

"The Isles committed to Chara, and he’s been subpar. They are still committed."

He actually gives praise to Parise and Wahlstrom as a pairing. Even if he's implying that it is Parise who makes Wahlstrom look good, not the other way around or that they complement each other to look good.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 15 h 0
"Dobson has probably struggled the second most among the six defensemen, and his ice time was even more limited than Chara’s on Sunday, with Dobson playing just 14:00."

"Now the Isles forwards are stabilizing and Chara is still struggling, posting a 39.6 expected goals percentage so far, per Natural Stat Trick. And there aren’t any readily available solutions." - Solutions in the sense of other options? Or how to get Chára to play better... I'm not sure. But for once Staple is pretty harsh in his article several times against Chára actually. But no dig at Trotz for playing him, ofc. Though he mentions a couple of time how hard the system is to adapt.

"The evidence continues to pile up that Trotz doesn’t see Sebastian Aho as a regular substitute on defense. Saturday or Sunday would have been ideal times to work him in and give Chara a rest, but Trotz doesn’t seem to believe Aho can stand up to a heavier opponent." - I agree on this, I don't know why Trotz has even bothered to suggest that Aho will get his chances. I think these last two games are evidence for that not to be true.

"Robin Salo is continuing his solid play from training camp, posting a goal and four points in his first five games with Bridgeport. But to replace Chara, one would think Trotz needs not just an emerging young talent but a defenseman who can handle the things he feels Aho cannot — and Salo, though a young guy with an extremely bright future, is probably not entrenched in the Isles’ front-office minds as a player who can handle heavy forwards right now."

He actually gives praise to Parise and Wahlstrom as a pairing. Even if he's implying that it is Parise who makes Wahlstrom look good, not the other way around or that they complement each other to look good.

He tweeted that Chara and Dobson had rough games last night and I’m pretty sure there were a few that disagreed regarding Dobson. The notion that Dobson has struggled is false - in 6 games Dobson is by far their best offensive defenseman - leads the team in assists, he has the highest xGF/60 and GF/60 among isles D. His GF/60 is 4.77, the next highest is Pelech at 3.65. Unfortunately no one challenges staple and tbh he never responds anyways lol. He only responded to me once when I said Eberle was better than Bailey, he commented saying Bailey was more reliable and better defensively. I copy & pasted a few numbers from the site he always uses (natstattrick) and he never replied again lol.

I wonder how long it will take for Staple to say that Trotz shouldn’t play Chara 🤔

Robin Salo proved in the pre-season he can handle heavy forwards - wtf man lol. He’s 6’2 and defensively sound. Chara gets manhandled out there - every time Chara is in a battle he gets knocked off the puck. Wonder how long it will take Trotz to realize playing Chara is not going to work.

I like Parise a lot and think he’s been very good, but Wahlstrom has been the best player on that line. This is just the staple way, he likes to sh*t on young players to troll and get more engagement . Imagine if Parise had 3 goals and Wahlstrom had 0? Staple would be calling for Panik lol. Wahlstrom has a 67% CF% away from Parise, but yeah sure he’s being carried.
Isles10 et Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2021 à 19 h 41

Dobson is struggling 😂

Islesforthecup et Isles10 a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2021 à 3 h 35
Dobson is struggling 😂

Haha yeah, better send him to Bridgeport and get Paul LaDue in!! Strong and tough.
Db1899 et Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2021 à 16 h 25
Dobson is struggling 😂

What the actual F***! Ross Johnston signed to a new 4-year contract. Lmao😂😂
26 oct. 2021 à 16 h 27
What the actual F***! Ross Johnston signed to a new 4-year contract. Lmao😂😂

This better be so they can send him to the AHL without being claimed
26 oct. 2021 à 16 h 31
This better be so they can send him to the AHL without being claimed

Haha but it won’t be. Lou loves him for some reason. Where will he play? Trotz has stated before he hasn’t played much due to Martin being healthy. And with him out earlier, he got 5 min one game, then Komarov replaced him. It’s so weird.

AAV 1.1, that’s baffling.
26 oct. 2021 à 16 h 33
Haha but it won’t be. Lou loves him for some reason. Where will he play? Trotz has stated before he hasn’t played much due to Martin being healthy. And with him out earlier, he got 5 min one game, then Komarov replaced him. It’s so weird.

I think Trotz loves the guy a lot more than Lou.

I think this is them taking care of their guy and getting paid to play in the AHL, instead of signing a 750 k x 1 contract next season . He’s taking the security IMO
26 oct. 2021 à 16 h 39
I think Trotz loves the guy a lot more than Lou.

I think this is them taking care of their guy and getting paid to play in the AHL, instead of signing a 750 k x 1 contract next season . He’s taking the security IMO

Actually I’m not to sure about that. I remember Lou talking about him last year stating ”I wouldn’t mind seeing Johnston in the lineup regurlarly” etc. If Trotz liked him I think he would of played him more actually. Yeah Johnston would be stupid not to take that contract for sure. Compared to other 4th line AHL grinders he hit the jackpot with consecutive 4-year contracts. I wouldn’t mind having him on the AHL roster protecting the young, skilled guys from goons. Though I don’t think they will waive him, you could only hope.
26 oct. 2021 à 16 h 44
Actually I’m not to sure about that. I remember Lou talking about him last year stating ”I wouldn’t mind seeing Johnston in the lineup regurlarly” etc. If Trotz liked him I think he would of played him more actually. Yeah Johnston would be stupid not to take that contract for sure. Compared to other 4th line AHL grinders he hit the jackpot with consecutive 4-year contracts. I wouldn’t mind having him on the AHL roster protecting the young, skilled guys from goons. Though I don’t think they will waive him, you could only hope.

That was when Ross and Martin were in the lineup at the same time lol. Yeah actually you’re probably right Lou does love the guy, but I think this contract is to make sure no one claims him.
26 oct. 2021 à 16 h 51
That was when Ross and Martin were in the lineup at the same time lol. Yeah actually you’re probably right Lou does love the guy, but I think this contract is to make sure no one claims him.

I agree, that’s probably the reason and 1.1 is nothing to get upset over, if he’s loved by his teammates and accepts getting 15 games a year I mean fine. Congrats to him on living the best life. It’s just so bizzare haha. Ross the Boss could spend 12 years in the organization (or more if he’s getting extended after this) and barely played a 100-150 games, that’s something haha.

It’s cool that both he and Dobson are from Prince Edward Island btw.
Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage