Forums/Armchair-GM

in an ideal world

Créé par: tea
Équipe: 2021-22 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 23 oct. 2021
Publié: 23 oct. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
i dunno why ppl wanted to trade for eichel with our center depth. with zibanejad being unreasonably good, chytil seemingly taking a step, strome being solid, barron becoming an actual option, and rooney being imo an ideal 4c, it would be a bit unnecessary to give up what buffalo were asking for to get him, especially with his injury issues. would he be an improvement to say strome? obviously, but he's not all we'd be losing. we would probably have to trade zibanejad, we wouldnt be able to afford resigning strome, we'd probably lose a lot of good prospects, like schneider or jones, and we'd be losing multiple 1st round picks. not worth it imo.

what we really need is help on the right wing...
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $72 828 094 $0 $9 250 000 $8 671 906 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
DD
UFA - 1
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
DD
RFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
874 125 $874 125 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AD
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 oct. 2021 à 7 h 51
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 299
The issue is that Zibanejad WAS a very good player. Under Quinn, he turned into a one trick pony. He wasn't as good at defense or driving play anymore. It's why that first line w/ Laf, Zib, Kakko struggled to start the year (I admit that I haven't been able to watch the last few games, so I can't say whether they are still playing this way). None of them were driving the play forward so they couldn't get many high-danger chances or sustained offensive pressure.

Under Gallant, this may change for Zib. But if not, them I'm not sold on him as the #1 center, as he doesn't play the style I prefer for centers to play, especially on the first line. Eichel does. So I wouldn't have been bothered by trading Zib, Kravstov, Jones and a couple conditioned first round picks or a major upgrade on the first line. The way I see it, The Rangers are gonna be stuck in mediocrity if they don't make a move. Especially since Zib and Panarin will be on the wrong side of thirty by the time Kakko, Laf and these prospects are in their prime. This is the age when offense tends to decline, so Zib may decline quicker than Panarin, since Offense is his jam. Getting Eichel would mend this age gap a bit.
23 oct. 2021 à 8 h 20
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Quoting: JackAce91
The issue is that Zibanejad WAS a very good player. Under Quinn, he turned into a one trick pony. He wasn't as good at defense or driving play anymore. It's why that first line w/ Laf, Zib, Kakko struggled to start the year (I admit that I haven't been able to watch the last few games, so I can't say whether they are still playing this way). None of them were driving the play forward so they couldn't get many high-danger chances or sustained offensive pressure.

Under Gallant, this may change for Zib. But if not, them I'm not sold on him as the #1 center, as he doesn't play the style I prefer for centers to play, especially on the first line. Eichel does. So I wouldn't have been bothered by trading Zib, Kravstov, Jones and a couple conditioned first round picks or a major upgrade on the first line. The way I see it, The Rangers are gonna be stuck in mediocrity if they don't make a move. Especially since Zib and Panarin will be on the wrong side of thirty by the time Kakko, Laf and these prospects are in their prime. This is the age when offense tends to decline, so Zib may decline quicker than Panarin, since Offense is his jam. Getting Eichel would mend this age gap a bit.

he scored 21 goals in 29 games to end last year, he scored at a 60 goal pace in 2019-20. this year hes improved a lot defensively, hes been great on the forecheck, hes a key part of both the powerplay and the penalty kill, and hes arguably one of the best centers in the league. but sure hes a one trick pony lmfao. also im not worried about his age, hes a good all around player, and elite players usually age quite well, and hes definitely an elite player.

wtf do you mean by "doesn't play the style i prefer for centers to play" how do you suggest he should play? im sorry if it sounds like im getting defensive but i just do not understand what you mean.
Radu47 et NYR1983 a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 8 h 36
Vegan Commie Hipster
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,256
To be fair a lot of the Eichel to NYR buzz happened before the zibanejad extension and to many extents the Drury spending spree on mediocre depth
23 oct. 2021 à 9 h 4
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Quoting: Radu47
To be fair a lot of the Eichel to NYR buzz happened before the zibanejad extension and to many extents the Drury spending spree on mediocre depth

without goodrow on 3.6, and nemeth on 2.5, an eichel trade probably wouldve been possible even with the zibanejad extension, but having to trade zibanejad is just not worth it imo.

lemme ask you this, is eichel enough of an upgrade over zibanejad to be worth the cost of losing all the other assets we'd have to trade. im not sure exactly what the trade price was, but itd be something like zibanejad, 2 good prospects, and 1 1st, and i just dont see that as worth it. my only worry is that eichel is 3-4 years younger, so i see that he has more of his prime left than zib, but its not like zibanejad is an old man, he should still be an elite goal scorer for most of his contract, and we can always sort something out later down the line that doesnt involve paying an absurd price + our best goal scorer
23 oct. 2021 à 9 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 299
Quoting: tea
he scored 21 goals in 29 games to end last year, he scored at a 60 goal pace in 2019-20. this year hes improved a lot defensively, hes been great on the forecheck, hes a key part of both the powerplay and the penalty kill, and hes arguably one of the best centers in the league. but sure hes a one trick pony lmfao. also im not worried about his age, hes a good all around player, and elite players usually age quite well, and hes definitely an elite player.

wtf do you mean by "doesn't play the style i prefer for centers to play" how do you suggest he should play? im sorry if it sounds like im getting defensive but i just do not understand what you mean.

Your argument for him was "he scores at an elite pace" and has started improving everywhere else. That's pretty much what I said. He is a one-trick pony who is really good at scoring goals. But he isn't great everywhere else under Quinn. Like I said, I didn't watch the last couple Rangers games, so if he is starting to improve other aspects of his game under Gallant, great. Either way, I'd still rather have Eichel. He is 4 years younger and has been better in nearly all aspects in BUFFALO, which the coaching hasn't complimented his style of play. With the Rangers, he could put up 100 points and 40 goals consistently, while also having a much better two-way game. If it matters for anything, Eichel is also much better at faceoffs.

I like Zib, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely take Eichel. Zib has become one of the most most overrated players in the game just because he can score goals.
23 oct. 2021 à 9 h 45
Jimbo1119
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 760
Your argument for him was "he scores at an elite pace" and has started improving everywhere else. That's pretty much what I said. He is a one-trick pony who is really good at scoring goals. But he isn't great everywhere else under Quinn. Like I said, I didn't watch the last couple Rangers games, so if he is starting to improve other aspects of his game under Gallant, great. Either way, I'd still rather have Eichel. He is 4 years younger and has been better in nearly all aspects in BUFFALO, which the coaching hasn't complimented his style of play. With the Rangers, he could put up 100 points and 40 goals consistently, while also having a much better two-way game. If it matters for anything, Eichel is also much better at faceoffs.

I like Zib, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely take Eichel. Zib has become one of the most most overrated players in the game just because he can score goals.

I like Zib too....and if I had to choose- would also take Eichel...twenty something teams in the league would say the same thing: that Eichel is an upgrade over their 1C. But there is much more to it than that. The team that eventually lands Eichel- which Eichel are they getting....the guy who became an instant star in this league? or another professional athlete who is half the player he was prior to his surgery? This is the key question- what to commit in terms of assets to BUF, money to Eichel, and CAP space....IF he is not as good as the player he once was.
tea a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 9 h 55
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,528
Quoting: tea

While I agree he is elite in many areas, I wish he would win faceoffs at a rate closer to Tavares instead of the usual 45%. If he was a 55% every year then we would play far more offence and far less defence. The metrics would probably equate to 15G for more and 15GA less having us at +30GD. So ya, while this would be amazing to have there’s only so many guys in the league that could actually do it while having his scoring ability and PK ability/defensive ability. Basically we would have AM34… so it’s unrealistic. I’m good with Zibby but *wish* he could get to that 55% FO win.
tea a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 10 h 51
Démarrer sujet
i dunno

... no thats not what i said at all what.

have you ever seen him play hockey?
23 oct. 2021 à 10 h 54
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Quoting: NYR1983
While I agree he is elite in many areas, I wish he would win faceoffs at a rate closer to Tavares instead of the usual 45%. If he was a 55% every year then we would play far more offence and far less defence. The metrics would probably equate to 15G for more and 15GA less having us at +30GD. So ya, while this would be amazing to have there’s only so many guys in the league that could actually do it while having his scoring ability and PK ability/defensive ability. Basically we would have AM34… so it’s unrealistic. I’m good with Zibby but *wish* he could get to that 55% FO win.

yeah he really needs to work on his faceoffs, thats his biggest weakness. we saw how that almost killed us against toronto. i mean anything 50+ would instantly make our team a lot better, especially on the powerplay, and even more especially on the pk
NYR1983 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage