SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Anyone have a good article to help me?

22 oct. 2021 à 21 h 8
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,612
I am trying to understand how gaining cap space work. Can someone either explain it or post a good article for me to read?
22 oct. 2021 à 21 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,361
Quoting: Gmonwy
I am trying to understand how gaining cap space work. Can someone either explain it or post a good article for me to read?

I have no idea but i know @kotkaniemi15, last year was counting the Habs daily cap space so he can probably help you
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
22 oct. 2021 à 23 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Quoting: Gmonwy

https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/8-team-cap-hit-calculations-accrued-cap-space
Quote:
A team’s cap hit is calculated based on each day of the season (186 days). For every day a player is on the roster, the team’s cap hit is their full year cap hit divided by 186. Once a player is on the roster, the calculations assume they will be on the roster for the remainder of year. Example: If a player with a $925K cap hit gets called up 86 days into the season (100 days remaining), on that day the team’s projected cap hit for the year goes up $497,312 ($925K/186)*100.

Cap space “accrues” over time. A team with $500K cap room to start the year can add a player with a $1,000,000 Cap Hit halfway through season (Day 93). Due to the way the cap is calculated, a player worth $1M annually will only count for $500,000 in actual cap charge through the remainder of the year.

There are some cap games that can be played to eke out more space too. If you watch the daily transactions on here you'll see it. Call up a waivers exempt player on game day, then send them back to the AHL on non-gamedays. The day before roster freezes (x-mas) you'll see mass movement by teams sending down waivers exempt players just to gain cap space.

This hurts the players that are on 2-way contracts in their yearly earnings, and saves the teams some real money (along with the added cap space). Like and ELC pays 10x more per day in the NHL compared to their AHL pay.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
23 oct. 2021 à 7 h 26
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Basically it’s just an average. Which is why if you’re below the cap for most of the season, you can go above the cap later on in the year as long as the daily average for the season is $81,500,000 or below.

Although if a team ever uses LTIR, things get a bit more complicated.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage