Forums/Armchair-GM

Do the Sharks make the playoffs

Créé par: Sharkie0884
Date de création initiale: 22 oct. 2021
Publié: 22 oct. 2021
Équipe: 2021-22 Sharks de San Jose
Explications
I understand we've only played 3 games but we have looked very good. Hill and Reimer have been good, defense has been solid, and our offense and depth are doing very well. Do we make the playoffs if we keep up the consistency ?
Rachats de contrats
  • Martin Jones: 1 916 667 $
ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
SJS
SJS
SJS
BUF
SJS
ARI
MIN
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $80 240 000 $0 $1 227 500 $1 260 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
SJS
Dahlén, Jonathan
750 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 1
SJS
Couture, Logan
8 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 6
SJS
Meier, Timo
6 000 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
SJS
Eklund, William
925 000 $
AG
RFA - 3
SJS
Hertl, Tomas
5 625 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
SJS
Balcers, Rūdolfs
1 550 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 2
SJS
Nieto, Matt
850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
SJS
Bonino, Nick
2 050 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 2
SJS
Labanc, Kevin
4 725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
SJS
Cogliano, Andrew
1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
SJS
Weatherby, Jasper
842 500 $
C
RFA - 2
SJS
Pederson, Lane
750 000 $
C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
SJS
Ferraro, Mario
925 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
SJS
Burns, Brent
8 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 4
SJS
Hill, Adin
2 175 000 $
G
UFA - 2
SJS
Middleton, Jacob
725 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
SJS
Karlsson, Erik
11 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
SJS
Reimer, James
2 250 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 2
SJS
Simek, Radim
2 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
SJS
Vlasic, Marc-Édouard
7 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 5
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
SJS
Barabanov, Alexander
1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
SJS
Knyzhov, Nikolai
796 667 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
SJS
Hatakka, Santeri
850 833 $
DG
RFA - 3
SJS
Kane, Evander
7 000 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
SJS
Gadjovich, Jonah
783 333 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
Playoffs for the Sharks?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

22 oct. à 12 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,446
SJS is undefeated right now. If they keep that up, yes, they’ll make the playoffs.

But in all honestly, COL, VGK, and WPG should all improve, which would push SJS out more than likely. Maybe they’re in the wildcard hunt, but 3 good games doesn’t equal a season — BUF is in the same spot, but they’re not gonna make the playoffs.
yikes a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 12 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 8
I'm gonna say that if Kane comes back after his suspension and gets the chance to play top 6 minutes and does well, there is a chance. I say let him show what he can do, and if fit, you can sell high at the deadline. This is definitely a Sharks' situation but you have to decide whether or not you want to make a push or tank for a lottery pick. If you were to make a push, you would need more scoring, a defensive D-man (preferably a lefty), and a starting goalie.
22 oct. à 12 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 91
Quoting: villenash
SJS is undefeated right now. If they keep that up, yes, they’ll make the playoffs.

But in all honestly, COL, VGK, and WPG should all improve, which would push SJS out more than likely. Maybe they’re in the wildcard hunt, but 3 good games doesn’t equal a season — BUF is in the same spot, but they’re not gonna make the playoffs.

Quoting: KMarner10
I'm gonna say that if Kane comes back after his suspension and gets the chance to play top 6 minutes and does well, there is a chance. I say let him show what he can do, and if fit, you can sell high at the deadline. This is definitely a Sharks' situation but you have to decide whether or not you want to make a push or tank for a lottery pick. If you were to make a push, you would need more scoring, a defensive D-man (preferably a lefty), and a starting goalie.

First off, Buffalo is Buffalo we know what's gonna happen there but VGK will come back and EDM is doing pretty well so they'll lead the Pacific. Otherwise the Pacific is overall pretty weak and what does COL and WPG have to do with it. The top 3 will be them and MN and the rest of their division is weak too.

Kane won't play for the Sharks again. Hill is good enough to be a starter but just barely. Dahlen Eklund and others will provide scoring but the LD will need someone.
22 oct. à 12 h 38
King is a good coach
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,502
Quoting: Sharkie0884
First off, Buffalo is Buffalo we know what's gonna happen there but VGK will come back and EDM is doing pretty well so they'll lead the Pacific. Otherwise the Pacific is overall pretty weak and what does COL and WPG have to do with it. The top 3 will be them and MN and the rest of their division is weak too.

Kane won't play for the Sharks again. Hill is good enough to be a starter but just barely. Dahlen Eklund and others will provide scoring but the LD will need someone.

You can only hope that the start is sustainable
22 oct. à 12 h 38
Sit back and relax..
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,024
Quoting: KMarner10

Kane returning to the Sharks ruins any shot at the playoffs.
The team clearly is;

Happier
Closer
Tighter chemistry
Opens up the lineup

Meier has taken Kane’s role, Balcers is playing very very well, Eklund and Dahlen have fit into the top 6 nicely. Hertl doesn’t even want Kane on the team. If Kane stays; Hertl leaves.

As for making the playoffs. Doubtful but clearly the team is rejuvenated without Kane and internal team chemistry on and off the ice/ morale has improved. I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs but we’re stepping in the right direction and Middleton has actually made the Knyzhov injury not as worrisome. Middleton has played some great hockey and I’d scratch Simek for Knyzhov and keep Middleton at this point.

Probably a wild card hunt, trade Simek. Get a pick from 7-14, and shoot for the playoffs next year and try to move some money out.

Dahlen - Couture - Meier = been really good
Eklund - Hertl - Balcers = been great
Barabanov/ Gadjovich - Bonino - Labanc = Labanc is firing🔥
Cogliano - Weatherby - Pedersen/ Nieto/ Gadjovich = a ton of depth options

Ferraro - Burns = been amazing as a top pair
Middleton - Karlsson = Middleton may demand a job
Knyzhov - Vlasic = Knyzhov could really thrive here as he played high QoC with Karlsson last year.

If we can SOMEHOW get Kane gone or if something happens to void the contract, or somehow move Vlasic in the offseason. We could be good. Meier and Labanc both could earn their stays here, and we just need some money gone this offseason to improve our odds next year.
Sharkie0884, KMarner10, NoVaSpartan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 12 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: yikes
Kane returning to the Sharks ruins any shot at the playoffs.
The team clearly is;

Happier
Closer
Tighter chemistry
Opens up the lineup

Meier has taken Kane’s role, Balcers is playing very very well, Eklund and Dahlen have fit into the top 6 nicely. Hertl doesn’t even want Kane on the team. If Kane stays; Hertl leaves.

As for making the playoffs. Doubtful but clearly the team is rejuvenated without Kane and internal team chemistry on and off the ice/ morale has improved. I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs but we’re stepping in the right direction and Middleton has actually made the Knyzhov injury not as worrisome. Middleton has played some great hockey and I’d scratch Simek for Knyzhov and keep Middleton at this point.

Probably a wild card hunt, trade Simek. Get a pick from 7-14, and shoot for the playoffs next year and try to move some money out.

Dahlen - Couture - Meier = been really good
Eklund - Hertl - Balcers = been great
Barabanov/ Gadjovich - Bonino - Labanc = Labanc is firing🔥
Cogliano - Weatherby - Pedersen/ Nieto/ Gadjovich = a ton of depth options

Ferraro - Burns = been amazing as a top pair
Middleton - Karlsson = Middleton may demand a job
Knyzhov - Vlasic = Knyzhov could really thrive here as he played high QoC with Karlsson last year.

If we can SOMEHOW get Kane gone or if something happens to void the contract, or somehow move Vlasic in the offseason. We could be good. Meier and Labanc both could earn their stays here, and we just need some money gone this offseason to improve our odds next year.

I pretty much agree!

Barabonov will play on the 3rd line. The 4th will stay the same like the top two lines. Nieto will be waived or traded I think. or scratched.
22 oct. à 12 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 41
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the sharks slide in the 3rd spot in the pacific or in the last wild card spot and then are a first round exit. Regardless of outcome at least the games are going to be fun and interesting to watch, gone are the days of Martin Jones letting in 7 goals on 6 shots!
Sharkie0884 a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 12 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JNoons13
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the sharks slide in the 3rd spot in the pacific or in the last wild card spot and then are a first round exit. Regardless of outcome at least the games are going to be fun and interesting to watch, gone are the days of Martin Jones letting in 7 goals on 6 shots!

Yeah lol. We have a good team here.
22 oct. à 13 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 83
I doubt they make the playoffs, but something tells me that it might have been Evander Kane who was holding them back. And now that he’s gone the rest of the team is suddenly playing a lot better. That theory can only be tested if he comes back later on which I don’t see happening
Bias_it_self a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 13 h 2
Sit back and relax..
Quoting: nintendofan721
I doubt they make the playoffs, but something tells me that it might have been Evander Kane who was holding them back. And now that he’s gone the rest of the team is suddenly playing a lot better. That theory can only be tested if he comes back later on which I don’t see happening

Meier also has gained Kane’s role and is playing quite well. The better Meier and the team plays that 5% chance of Kane returning is gonna drop below 0%.
nintendofan721 et Bias_it_self a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 13 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,446
Quoting: Sharkie0884
what does COL and WPG have to do with it. The top 3 will be them and MN and the rest of their division is weak too.

It means that SJS has to be top 3 in the division because the other wild card spots are likely to be Central division teams. That makes it harder for SJS to make the playoffs. Can they be a top 3 team in the Pacific? Sure, it's not a great division this year, but that's still a tough task.

And you're also calling the rest of the Central weak (outside for MIN, COL, and WPG), yet STL is a perfect 3-0 just like SJS. So if STL is weak, how does that make SJS strong? Feeling strong homer vibes right now...
Sharkie0884 a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 13 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: villenash
It means that SJS has to be top 3 in the division because the other wild card spots are likely to be Central division teams. That makes it harder for SJS to make the playoffs. Can they be a top 3 team in the Pacific? Sure, it's not a great division this year, but that's still a tough task.

And you're also calling the rest of the Central weak (outside for MIN, COL, and WPG), yet STL is a perfect 3-0 just like SJS. So if STL is weak, how does that make SJS strong? Feeling strong homer vibes right now...

Sry, I forgot about STL. Dallas and Nashville aren't back yet, I think we know what's gonna happen in CHI and ARI
villenash et Bias_it_self a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 14 h 17
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,747
San Jose played so dirty last night and it wasn’t even funny . Especially Burns
22 oct. à 14 h 41
Stop Samsonov Hate
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 825
Realistically I don't see them making it with all the other teams in the west that should play up to potential but I wouldn't mind if they did. They all seem to mesh a lot better without Kane, and if there was a division you could make the playoffs in, it would be the Pacific. Even if they don't make the playoffs, I would be a lot more confident in the future if I was a sharks fan.
Bias_it_self a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 14 h 57
Temple of Ferraro
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 161
Quoting: JNoons13

Something to also point out, the Sharks thrive as the under dog. The year they made the SCF they were 3rd in the Pacific. After watching the Sharks my entire life, I can confidently say they will be more then a 1st round exit if they make the playoffs as a 3rd seed.
JNoons13 a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 15 h 7
Sit back and relax..
Quoting: csick
San Jose played so dirty last night and it wasn’t even funny . Especially Burns

I was at the game, it wasnt very dirty. Ferraro on Pinto was unlucky and the Tkachuk with Burns was a minor thing. Very overblown overall.

Reffing sucked tho.
csick et Bias_it_self a aimé ceci.
22 oct. à 15 h 19
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,747
Quoting: yikes
I was at the game, it wasnt very dirty. Ferraro on Pinto was unlucky and the Tkachuk with Burns was a minor thing. Very overblown overall.

Reffing sucked tho.

I was at the game too, why didn’t u tell me
22 oct. à 15 h 27
Sit back and relax..
Quoting: csick
I was at the game too, why didn’t u tell me

now u know! lol

but yeah at least those two things I found weren't that bad just looked bad. what was really bad was the reffing, I understood the crowds pain lol.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Soumettre les modifications du sondage