SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #2

27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 55
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
there's definitely a lot of evidence stacked against Quenneville at the moment (not to mention that he said previously that he only found out this summer, a claim that was clearly proven to be false).

Cheveldayoff doesn't have as many condemning quotes surrounding him, but it's also fair to wonder if he should be put on leave while this all shakes out.

Bergevin wasn't named in the report but I'm wondering if him being around that team affects him
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 55
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
a rather interesting point that Shannon (The Hockey Guy) pointed out in a video: this is all of the fallout with regards to the higher-ups, but what about the players that were involved? without being unnecessarily detailed about graphic content, there were players that taunted the victim for having been victimized. when do those names come out, and which names come out? will the John Doe that brought the lawsuit choose to identify himself and name names if all of the other players choose to deny and deflect?
A_Habs_fan, Alfie11, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 56
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Screw Tim Hortons

They really made my grown ass buy 9 packs of hockey cards on my way to work.
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,728
a rather interesting point that Shannon (The Hockey Guy) pointed out in a video: this is all of the fallout with regards to the higher-ups, but what about the players that were involved? without being unnecessarily detailed about graphic content, there were players that taunted the victim for having been victimized. when do those names come out, and which names come out? will the John Doe that brought the lawsuit choose to identify himself and name names if all of the other players choose to deny and deflect?

Could you imagine if Kane, Seabrook, Keith, and Toews knew and kept it hush hush...

Honestly this could get even more ugly then it already is
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 57
a rather interesting that Shannon (The Hockey Guy) pointed out in a video: this is all of the fallout with regards to the higher-ups, but what about the players that were involved? without being unnecessarily detailed about graphic content, there were players that taunted the victim for having been victimized. when do those names come out, and which names come out? will the John Doe that brought the lawsuit choose to identify himself and name names if all of the other players choose to deny and deflect?

I feel like a lot of us watch THG. That's definitely something that could hit Toews, Kane, Keith, etc. We know players on the 2010 team won't comment on the issue
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 57
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Quoting: aadoyle
Quenneville should not be allowed behind the Panthers bench tonight. That will be a bad look for the NHL

Until he has his meeting with Bettman he should stay away from anything hockey.

Am going out with an unpopular prediction. As Q justified his actions with "team first" and not wanting to disturb the cuprun, so will the Panthers front office do 11 years later, not wanting to disturb the team that has finally started clicking together....

Just saying. Waiting for a slap on the wrist and a sincere apoligy not realizing the severity of the situation back in the day.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 59
Quoting: SevenLeg
Screw Tim Hortons

They really made my grown-ass buy 9 packs of hockey cards on my way to work.

tears of joy , I'd usually go to Tim Hortons a lot but because of Covid, i barely have, that sounds like something i'd do since i collect hockey cards ( i have at least 1 500, probably more )
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 13 h 59
Quoting: aadoyle
Could you imagine if Kane, Seabrook, Keith, and Toews knew and kept it hush hush...

Honestly this could get even more ugly then it already is

They definitely knew, players on the 2010 team like Brent Sopel, Nick Boynton have said that the players knew
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 0
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
tears of joy , I'd usually go to Tim Hortons a lot but because of Covid, i barely have, that sounds like something i'd do since i collect hockey cards ( i have at least 1 500, probably more )

Yeah same here, been collecting cards since 2005-06 but I've really slowed down in the early 2010s. I bought more this past year out of boredom in lockdown. If it can make me feel better, I got Josh Anderson, Jeff Petry & Nick Suzuki (x2)
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 1
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,708
They definitely knew, players on the 2010 team like Brent Sopel, Nick Boynton have said that the players knew

Unrelated to the scandal but Brent Sopel is a name I haven't heard in a long time
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 1
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

This is something I’ve been wondering as well, but I’m not sure it’ll happen. After all, the executives were responsible for protecting their player, reporting to the police, investigating/firing, etc. none of which happened. The players were “just” being assholes, not technically doing anything illegal, just morally wrong afaik. Unless it’s like, defamation? If toxic masculinity in hockey culture is gonna rear its nasty head and protect people who don’t deserve it, I think this is the point where it’ll start. It’ll get brushed off as regular insults/motivation or some bs. This objectively stupid culture may protect the likes of Chevy and Q as well but I really hope not, and I think following this report the league can’t afford to allow them to stay to protect their image, but in classic NHL fashion will then consider their work done. No I’m not cynical, you’re cynical 😤😤😤
A_Habs_fan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 2
Quoting: SevenLeg
Yeah same here, been collecting cards since 2005-06 but I've really slowed down in the early 2010s. I bought more this past year out of boredom in lockdown. If it can make me feel better, I got Josh Anderson, Jeff Petry & Nick Suzuki (x2)

I started around 2010 i think but a good amount of cards i got from my cousins and grandparents so it's slowed down as I've gotten older
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 3
Sensible Commentary
I feel like a lot of us watch THG. That's definitely something that could hit Toews, Kane, Keith, etc. We know players on the 2010 team won't comment on the issue
I think they didn't comment back when less was known about it. Now that there's some amount of legal weight behind the findings, it's harder to just handwave it all away. a legit legal firm did a legit investigation and validated all of the bad stuff that Rick Westhead and Katie Strang reported on. this is all fact now and not hearsay. it's gonna be harder for Kane, Toews, Keith, and Ladd to dodge the question now.
A_Habs_fan, yikes et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 3
Quoting: Alfie11
This is something I’ve been wondering as well, but I’m not sure it’ll happen. After all, the executives were responsible for protecting their player, reporting to the police, investigating/firing, etc. none of which happened. The players were “just” being assholes, not technically doing anything illegal, just morally wrong afaik. Unless it’s like, defamation? If toxic masculinity in hockey culture is gonna rear its nasty head and protect people who don’t deserve it, I think this is the point where it’ll start. It’ll get brushed off as regular insults/motivation or some bs. This objectively stupid culture may protect the likes of Chevy and Q as well but I really hope not, and I think following this report the league can’t afford to allow them to stay to protect their image, but in classic NHL fashion will then consider their work done. No I’m not cynical, you’re cynical 😤😤😤

I feel like Chevy and Q are gone but the players will be fine since they're technically less involved and "didn't do anything "
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 5
I think they didn't comment back when less was known about it. Now that there's some amount of legal weight behind the findings, it's harder to just handwave it all away. a legit legal firm did a legit investigation and validated all of the bad stuff that Rick Westhead and Katie Strang reported on. this is all fact now and not hearsay. it's gonna be harder for Kane, Toews, Keith, and Ladd to dodge the question now.

Forgot Ladd was on that team but yeah, they'll be asked that everyday until they answer
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 9
Sensible Commentary
you're right that I don't think the players will have any sort of legal action taken against them, but the court of public opinion operates differently (and still has some weight behind it).

do we look at the story of Andrew Ladd trying to revive his career in Arizona differently if we find out that he was party to the victimization of John Doe? do we start asking questions about whether Duncan Keith deserves to be a leader in the Edmonton locker room if he was also party to such things? does Jonathan Toews deserve to be captain if he was culpable? these are all valid questions that may need asking.
A_Habs_fan, Alfie11 et yikes a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 11
you're right that I don't think the players will have any sort of legal action taken against them, but the court of public opinion operates differently (and still has some weight behind it).

do we look at the story of Andrew Ladd trying to revive his career in Arizona differently if we find out that he was party to the victimization of John Doe? do we start asking questions about whether Duncan Keith deserves to be a leader in the Edmonton locker room if he was also party to such things? does Jonathan Toews deserve to be captain if he was culpable? these are all valid questions that may need asking.

Definitely, it may also affect players like Kane and Toews nominations into the HOF if they even get close to entering
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 12
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
That was an NHL22 trade lol, the Flames aren't trading one of those guys, let alone both. And we're not selling at the TDL unless we suddenly lose 90% of games between now and then, bringing in Tanev, Markstrom, Coleman, and Sutter are all-in moves, not rebuild moves.

edit: also contract uncertainty lol, lindholm is on one of the best contracts in the league and tkachuk is an rfa

For some reason I thought Lindholm had 1 year left until UFA, but I think it was mentioned on the Podcast, didn't say it was realistic just an idea.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 16
brief reminder from your friendly neighborhood mod: as it says above the "Submit" button, "Verify your post complies with the forum rules" whenever you're writing posts. In particular, under the section "Removal of Posts":

"Posts that are sexist, racist, ethnic, gender related, homophobic, malicious, illegal, or in any way discriminatory or hurtful to anyone will not be tolerated. We have the authority to remove such posts immediately in our sole discretion. Such posts will receive 5 infraction points."

nobody's in trouble, but it always bears repeating whenever certain news events occur.

Thanks for this, easy to get carried away. I think we, this forum community, are pretty chill and don't do these things so good to be warned first.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 17
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 228
On a brighter note:
@EsoYeezus69
You already feeling bufferflies as Blake Comeau makes his season debut tonight? grin
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 18
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Thanks for this, easy to get carried away. I think we, this forum community, are pretty chill and don't do these things so good to be warned first.

Except for a couple of different occasions, yes we have been pretty chill

Also

new team canada athlete kits
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 19
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
For some reason I thought Lindholm had 1 year left until UFA, but I think it was mentioned on the Podcast, didn't say it was realistic just an idea.

It was mentioned on the podcast but only in an NHL22 sense, because Jesse was rebuilding the Sabres on stream and started with that trade. The real Flames would never consider moving either guy though. I watched bits of the highlights of the stream they posted on the sdpn youtube, it actually looked kinda cool (although a part of me died when he drafted some dude I’ve never heard of over Joakim Kemell at 7oa).
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 20
It was mentioned on the podcast but only in an NHL22 sense, because Jesse was rebuilding the Sabres on stream and started with that trade. The real Flames would never consider moving either guy though. I watched bits of the highlights of the stream they posted on the sdpn youtube, it actually looked kinda cool (although a part of me died when he drafted some dude I’ve never heard of over Joakim Kemell at 7oa).

The random dude may have been CPU generated
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 21
Except for a couple of different occasions, yes we have been pretty chill

Also

new team canada athlete kits

Yes, I wasn't active during those occasions, but it's been a long time and l we barely have had any incidents.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 14 h 21

*Everyone in the hockey world has a sigh of relief*
BuFfaLOFaN, KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, SevenLeg and 2 others a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage