LETS GO LIGHTNING
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,495
A couple of random observations from another crazy week:
1) Not to point out the obvious, but what the heck is going on in Montreal? Habs can't buy a goal (4 in 5 games!!!!), several players (Toffoli, Caufield, Suzuki) look like shells of their selves from last season, and it's led to an abysmal 0-5 start.
2) Lightning need to figure out how to run a PP without Kuch until he gets back in December/January. They were a miserable 0/6 against the Panthers, Palat looked completely lost in the right circle (Kuch's spot). What makes the Lightning's PP so electric is that they normally have not one, but two QB's-Hedman at the blue line, and Kuch at the right dot. Now they're down to one. Got to figure it out quickly, because the Avs (even with their sluggish start) come in to Amalie tomorrow night.
3) Elvis Merzlikins looks GOOD. Really good. Blue Jackets might just have a goalie of the future...
4) Blackhawks look dysfunctional. Granted, Seth Jones is the most overrated defenseman in the league, and the rest of the D core is below average, but that doesn't account for nothing clicking on offense, and Fleury looking like Curtis McElhinney in the early goings of the season.
5) It's amazing how many injuries there are to big-name players early on. Kucherov, Pacioretty, Stone, Crosby, Matthews (though he's now back), Jack Hughes, Varlamov, Mrazek, Devon Toews, et al, and that's not counting all the players in COVID protocol (Scheifele, Wheeler, and Nathan MacKinnon last week).