Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread #2

21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,930
Modifié 21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 11
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I fully believe that too many kids are trying to play a league or so higher than they should be - specifically some of the European kids - for the exposure and I completely agree that it's arguably one of the worst things they could be doing for their development. Be it their parents, agents, or their own foolishness, they saw Matthews take it to the NLA and have the same illusions of grandeur as top-rated prospects of their draft class without recognizing the canyon between their talents (and size to an extent) with Auston's. Raty struggled with this, Lundell did up until last season, and I'd be unsurprised if a lot of prospects coming out of the KHL would have fared better in their draft years if they got the ice time to play alongside their peers as opposed to 6 minutes per night against men.

To Lambert's credit, I don't think he should have been in the U20 Sarja last season: he was among the top of the crop in his Draft-2 season and some form of progression should have been expected. Using NHLe as a very rough tool for estimating league strengths, I don't think the WHL is a terribly appropriate place for Lambert to ship off to: it's only about a 33% increase in league strength from the SM U20 league and Lambert has squared off against men for over a season now. I would personally think the Slovakian league or the Allsvenskan would be a more developmentally-appropriate place for someone of Lambert's skill: they factor in as middle grounds between the SM-Liiga and U20 Sarja and would still keep him relatively close to home.

I'd expect Lambert to probably post some ridiculous number above 2 points per game in the WHL and I'd take pause with that as a scout: unless you're seeing strides in his conditioning, maturity, and other intangibles, it really just looks like stat padding for draft position and he may require an extra season or two of development before being NHL ready. I'd have a hard time passing up McGroarty or Savoie if I'm in desperate need of the high-end skill sooner rather than later.

I hate redrafts that happen within 5 years of the actual draft, especially their 2019 and 2020 ones, and even more so in the context of Dom's model. There's been hardly enough time to justify any form of hindsight and a lack of data to substantiate any of their claims. If their draft models were actually good, teams would abide by them.

I get that it's for fun and for clicks, but wow do I really not like such empty-calorie articles.

Yep and it sucks as if we look at Raty he went from potential #1 OA candidate to 2nd round potential steal and it was mainly because he has a rough season in Liiga. I got a strong feeling if he played in the OHL, QMJHL, or any of the junior leagues Raty would have went #1OA as he his skillset was more developed than many of the guys who went higher.

It sucks but what can you do. Still though almost 95% sure hes gonna be a guy we look back on like Point and go "how the **** did he drop so much"

Thats why Lambert going from Liiga to the WHL makes sense as we dont want a repeat of what happened to Raty to happen with Lambert.
BuFfaLOFaN et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 6
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
I fully believe that too many kids are trying to play a league or so higher than they should be - specifically some of the European kids - for the exposure and I completely agree that it's arguably one of the worst things they could be doing for their development. Be it their parents, agents, or their own foolishness, they saw Matthews take it to the NLA and have the same illusions of grandeur as top-rated prospects of their draft class without recognizing the canyon between their talents (and size to an extent) with Auston's. Raty struggled with this, Lundell did up until last season, and I'd be unsurprised if a lot of prospects coming out of the KHL would have fared better in their draft years if they got the ice time to play alongside their peers as opposed to 6 minutes per night against men.

To Lambert's credit, I don't think he should have been in the U20 Sarja last season: he was among the top of the crop in his Draft-2 season and some form of progression should have been expected. Using NHLe as a very rough tool for estimating league strengths, I don't think the WHL is a terribly appropriate place for Lambert to ship off to: it's only about a 33% increase in league strength from the SM U20 league and Lambert has squared off against men for over a season now. I would personally think the Slovakian league or the Allsvenskan would be a more developmentally-appropriate place for someone of Lambert's skill: they factor in as middle grounds between the SM-Liiga and U20 Sarja and would still keep him relatively close to home.

I'd expect Lambert to probably post some ridiculous number above 2 points per game in the WHL and I'd take pause with that as a scout: unless you're seeing strides in his conditioning, maturity, and other intangibles, it really just looks like stat padding for draft position and he may require an extra season or two of development before being NHL ready. I'd have a hard time passing up McGroarty or Savoie if I'm in desperate need of the high-end skill sooner rather than later.

I hate redrafts that happen within 5 years of the actual draft, especially their 2019 and 2020 ones, and even more so in the context of Dom's model. There's been hardly enough time to justify any form of hindsight and a lack of data to substantiate any of their claims. If their draft models were actually good, teams would abide by them.

I get that it's for fun and for clicks, but wow do I really not like such empty-calorie articles.

Yea, I mean at this time I think 2017 might be stretching it, 2016 u could do for some players but take someone like Nolan Patrick he could break out this year and then what all ur redrafts are now wrong, and u shift Dahlin down from one when he's 21 and has looked the part of the worst team in the league...yikes.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Yea, I mean at this time I think 2017 might be stretching it, 2016 u could do for some players but take someone like Nolan Patrick he could break out this year and then what all ur redrafts are now wrong, and u shift Dahlin down from one when he's 21 and has looked the part of the worst team in the league...yikes.

Feel bad for Nolan, did pretty well his first 2 years than concussions hurt him bad. Hopefully he rebounds in Vegas
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 10
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,615
I am currently on a 4 day streak for the timmies guess a Goal scorer thingy
BeterChiarelli et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 11
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
I’m ready for a long season in chicago
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 14
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: IconicHawk
I’m ready for a long season in chicago

The second the Hawks admit to their atrocities and deal with those responsible, they'll start winning again.

In the meantime, go Icehogs
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 14
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I just looked up the longest losing streak to start an NHL season. How’s your team doing?
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 15
Hakuna Matata
Anyone else getting the feeling the Seth Jones trade is gonna be the next Erik Karlsson trade.

Columbus could potentially get 2 picks in the top 10. (Only way Chicago retains is if they win the lottery)
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 16
Bedard23
The second the Hawks admit to their atrocities and deal with those responsible, they'll start winning again.

In the meantime, go Icehogs

Believe me every game has been just as depressing as the other
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 17
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,565
Quoting: aadoyle
Anyone else getting the feeling the Seth Jones trade is gonna be the next Erik Karlsson trade.

Columbus could potentially get 2 picks in the top 10. (Only way Chicago retains is if they win the lottery)

1st n 4th

uh oh
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 17
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647

Bowman is literally awful and has been for most of his tenure.

Tallon built the dynasty, NOT Bowman
Kotkaniemi15 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 18
Former Hockey Fan

I mean at least the Sharks got to a conference finals with Karlsson.
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 et yikes a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 18
Bedard23
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

And we fired him simply because we forgot to qualify some random players
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 19
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

The man who lost 3 different Brandon Saad trades. Plus he’s just a terrible person.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I mean at least the Sharks got to a conference finals with Karlsson.

But then the following year everything fell apart and as a result that second first became Stutzle.

I got a feeling Chicago's 1st will end up being a top 10 pick making it a similar situation to SJ back in 2020 which is good news for Columbus
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 23
Bedard23
The man who lost 3 different Brandon Saad trades. Plus he’s just a terrible person.

The last one was a lose-lose Colorado may have won the west that year but Saad was pretty much lost and Zadorov was on Chicago’s defensive tire fire
The second was easily the worst one by a mile
The first one we got flat out nobodies
Kotkaniemi15 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 39
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Leave it to the islanders to get scored on by someone who isn’t potty trained yet
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 41
Hakuna Matata
I dont know why I look at Colorado and think Dylan Strome makes to much sense

Adding him allows for Colorado to create 2 solid lines

Strome-Kadri-Burakovsky will be the 2nd line that generates more offense after the Mackinnon line gets off while Nichuskin-Compher-Jost can be the defensive 3rd line to take on teams top lines while also generating scoring chances and goals similar to what Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman did
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 55
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Leave it to the islanders to get scored on by someone who isn’t potty trained yet

Let me guess Chara was on the ice when another goal was scored against.

Gonna probs get hammered for saying this but I think Lou extending Palmieri resulting in the cap sacrifice of Leddy was a big mistake. Leddy at least was a good top 4 guy with Mayfield. Now they have one good pair and the rest is just a jumbled mess of old guys with Dobson and Mayfield.
21 oct. 2021 à 20 h 47
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,362
Quoting: Zuki9797
1st n 4th

uh oh

1 and 3, 3 isn’t a lottery anymore, also Cole Sillinger 1st NHL goal baby, already better than Seth Jones and CBJ got Boqvist, Bean and 2022 1st to boot
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 21 h 1
GO FLAMES GO
I just looked up the longest losing streak to start an NHL season. How’s your team doing?

0-1-1
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 21 h 15
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
KK
21 oct. 2021 à 21 h 16
Former Hockey Fan
The first time in history when I cheer for the habs to get scored on.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 21 h 19
Tintin over 1122
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
The first time in history when I cheer for the habs to get scored on.

Respect
Kotkaniemi15 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2021 à 21 h 26
GO FLAMES GO
If Adam Fox scores against Nashville tonight, quote this post. Same with Draisaitl against Arizona
Kotkaniemi15 et zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage