Forums/Armchair-GM

unlikley TDL if IF pens arent in the playoff picture desc

Créé par: odyssey
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 17 oct. 2021
Publié: 17 oct. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
if. i said IF the penguins aren't in the playoff picture by the trade deadline, does it make any sense that they would trade Malkin? i mean, if they aren't in the playoff picture, they would want to get a higher pick if they traded him (in this roster i have him being traded to the leafs and then singing with the pens again in free agency)

please just take this with a grain of salt
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Malkin, Evgeni
12 375 000 $
Transactions
TOR
    Malkin to wings 50% retained

again before anyone yells at me for even thinking of this. this is a mock trade for if (in the very un likely scenario) the pens are flat out, out of the playoff picture

Malkin also resigns with the pens in the off season
    PIT
    1. Kerfoot, Alexander
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
    Détails additionnels:
    leafs add another top 3 round pick if Malkin doesn't sign with pens in off season
    TOR
      Malkin Double retained
      DET
      1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
      2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
      TOR
      PIT
      1. Abramov, Mikhail
      Détails additionnels:
      forgot to throw in prospects to the malkin trade

was all of this too much? not enough? the guy is 35
      Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      Logo de TOR
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2081 500 000 $78 013 116 $0 $400 000 $3 486 884 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
      950 000 $950 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 2
      11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
      C
      UFA - 3
      10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 4
      11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
      C, AG
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      Malkin, Evgeni
      2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
      6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
      AD
      UFA - 3
      2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 2
      1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 1
      1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
      C
      UFA - 2
      900 000 $900 000 $
      AD, AG
      NTC
      UFA - 2
      750 000 $750 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
      DG
      NTC
      UFA - 3
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      DG/DD
      NTC
      UFA - 3
      3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      DG
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
      DD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
      DD
      RFA - 1
      894 167 $894 167 $
      DG
      UFA - 1
      Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
      1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      17 oct. 2021 à 23 h 51
      GO FLAMES GO
      Rejoint: sept. 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 10,557
      Resign conditions are no longer allowed
      17 oct. 2021 à 23 h 51
      Rejoint: mai 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 2,008
      If Pitt is out of it they'd be crazy not to make the trade...
      odyssey a aimé ceci.
      17 oct. 2021 à 23 h 57
      Démarrer sujet
      H.Lindholm Lover
      Rejoint: avr. 2021
      Mentions "j'aime": 921
      Quoting: Gmonwy
      Resign conditions are no longer allowed

i did not know this. thank you for that information
      18 oct. 2021 à 0 h 12
      Rejoint: févr. 2021
      Mentions "j'aime": 554
      Modifié 18 oct. 2021 à 0 h 18
      Quoting: Riley816
      If Pitt is out of it they'd be crazy not to make the trade...

A late 1st and a late 2nd would be Geno’s Return as a(healthy) rental.

Taking Keefoot or whoever would just be the leafs moving contracts back. It’s arbitrary; whichever player is put in that spot would just be in order to make the money work for the Leafs(any player without a term more than 2 seasons).

It would be horrible to just get rental returns for Geno or Letang though. If Geno or Letang get traded, it would be in the offseason, and a sign and trade. And they’d get more than a late 1st, late 2nd and Keefoot in that situation.

Although, most likely, both Geno/Letang get resigned.
      18 oct. 2021 à 0 h 34
      Quoting: LetsGoPens69

Taking Keefoot or whoever would just be the leafs moving contracts back. It’s arbitrary; whichever player is put in that spot would just be in order to make the money work for the Leafs(any player without a term more than 2 seasons).

It would be horrible to just get rental returns for Geno or Letang though. If Geno or Letang get traded, it would be in the offseason, and a sign and trade. And they’d get more than a late 1st, late 2nd and Keefoot in that situation.

When was the last sign and trade in the NHL??

If Geno or Letang don't want to play for Pittsburgh next season why not just sign with the team they do want to play for directly???
      18 oct. 2021 à 0 h 48

If Geno or Letang don't want to play for Pittsburgh next season why not just sign with the team they do want to play for directly???

Umm a ton of players. I believe Hyman was this offseason. There probably was others this offseason as well. And I’m sure there some last offseason too.

Both Geno and Letang said they want to stay, want to resign an extension and Letang said retire a Pen. Geno will probably play acouple years in Russia before he retires.

And Hextall/Burke said they want to resign and retire in PGH. Until anyone credible says or reports differently, I’d stick with most likely both will resign and stay in black and gold.
      18 oct. 2021 à 1 h 46
      Rejoint: mars 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
      Umm a ton of players. I believe Hyman was this offseason. There probably was others this offseason as well. And I’m sure there some last offseason too.

Both Geno and Letang said they want to stay, want to resign an extension and Letang said retire a Pen. Geno will probably play acouple years in Russia before he retires.

And Hextall/Burke said they want to resign and retire in PGH. Until anyone credible says or reports differently, I’d stick with most likely both will resign and stay in black and gold.

There was no sign and trade involving Hyman or any other player recently.
      18 oct. 2021 à 1 h 49
      Banni
      Rejoint: juin 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
      Quoting: odyssey
      i did not know this. thank you for that information

Yes it's in the new CBA.
      18 oct. 2021 à 1 h 51
      Banni
      Rejoint: juin 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
      Noway is Detroit retaining 50% on Malkin for a 4th and 6th round pick, We can retain on our own players and get 1st and 2nd round picks for them.
      18 oct. 2021 à 2 h 27
      Banni
      Rejoint: juin 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
      I don't care who you add in the forward group. With that defense you're going to be out in the 1st round.
      18 oct. 2021 à 3 h 15
      Rejoint: déc. 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 11,900

You do realize in this scenario he has Malkin going back to Pittsburgh in the offseason. You get Kerfoot, a 1st and a 2nd for loaning Malkin to the Leafs for the playoffs.
      odyssey a aimé ceci.
      18 oct. 2021 à 3 h 26
      Quoting: aedoran
      You do realize in this scenario he has Malkin going back to Pittsburgh in the offseason. You get Kerfoot, a 1st and a 2nd for loaning Malkin to the Leafs for the playoffs.

Ya, I don’t see the Pens trading him at the deadline and then Geno coming back and resigning.

Geno is a great team guy, locker room guy, very well liked by teammates, but he’s very emotional. You need to stroke his ego.

And Sid is unselfish enough to let Geno have a lot of that stuff that usually is reserved for superstar like Sid. But Sid knows Geno needs that too and could have it elsewhere. But Sid also knows, obviously the team is better with Geno.

Geno would take that as a slight. Just like most superstars would. He would think, “they wouldn’t do that with Sid”.

He’s gone if they trade him at the deadline. Most likely back to Russia and the KHL or Panthers.
      18 oct. 2021 à 3 h 29

Wasn't Trouba to NYR a sign and trade?
      odyssey a aimé ceci.
      18 oct. 2021 à 4 h 4

Looks like he was traded then signed by the Rangers. He wasn't an ufa though...
      aedoran a aimé ceci.
      18 oct. 2021 à 10 h 0
      Rejoint: févr. 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 226
      No team is going to retain on Malkin for a 4th and a 6th.
      If you'll excuse my napkin math, Malkin's daily pay rate for $2.375M retained is approximately $12,700 and change, based on 187 days in the NHL season. Being that players are paid daily, there are 39 days between the trade deadline and the final game of the regular season. That's roughly $495K total compensation.
      Considering that teams were paying a 4th at last year's deadline for $303K (Nick Foligno, $1.375M, 127 day season, 28 days between deadline and final day), you're likely going to need to increase your offer.

Not a 100% accurate number crunch for sure, but should be in the ballpark.
      18 oct. 2021 à 10 h 35

I thought if he refused to sign nullified the trade and Trouba would've stayed in Winnipeg.
      18 oct. 2021 à 10 h 46
      Ya, I don’t see the Pens trading him at the deadline and then Geno coming back and resigning.

Geno is a great team guy, locker room guy, very well liked by teammates, but he’s very emotional. You need to stroke his ego.

And Sid is unselfish enough to let Geno have a lot of that stuff that usually is reserved for superstar like Sid. But Sid knows Geno needs that too and could have it elsewhere. But Sid also knows, obviously the team is better with Geno.

Geno would take that as a slight. Just like most superstars would. He would think, “they wouldn’t do that with Sid”.

He’s gone if they trade him at the deadline. Most likely back to Russia and the KHL or Panthers.

I was just pointing out info that the poster left but you obviously didn't read. 2 draft picks, Kerfoot and Malkin is back on your team at the start of next season. Like that is ever going to happen and the title even said that. You saw Malkin going to Toronto and got so upset that you didn't the description or the notes in the trade section and if you had we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
      18 oct. 2021 à 13 h 54
      I was just pointing out info that the poster left but you obviously didn't read. 2 draft picks, Kerfoot and Malkin is back on your team at the start of next season. Like that is ever going to happen and the title even said that. You saw Malkin going to Toronto and got so upset that you didn't the description or the notes in the trade section and if you had we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

No, no, no. Totally read everything before I commented and read your response after re-responded.

I just don’t believe that it would ever be possible to trade Geno at the TD and have him resign with the Pens next season(for all the reason I mentioned).

And think that a 1st and a 2nd round pick, plus a contract back to make the money work(which is what Kerfoot would be; although I’ll admit he’s much better than your usually contract dump).

But again, like I said, that’s arbitrary. You could put any player/contract in that spot to make the money work for the Leafs and a late 1st and early 2nd draft pick is probably the return for Geno as a rental(plus taking a contract back to make the money work for the trade partner).

But again, if the Pens trade Geno as a rental, and not try to maximize the return by executing a sign-and trade in the offseason, it would be a huge asset management mistake.

Believe me, I understand my responses are usually long-winded so I definitely read other posters comments before I post. Mainly to just not waste my time, and try to agree or disagree all the points made.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage