Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

2021-22 Syracuse Crunch Thread

13 nov. 2021 à 19 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Quoting: Rangsey
Just looking at numbers without watching any Crunch games. Is Day finally looking the business?

I think he deserves a chance. I wanted to see him get the nod when Sergy was suspended.
14 nov. 2021 à 2 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Ughh. 4-5 shootout loss tonight against the Hershey Bears. 5 games so far this month and only 1 win.

Also, Cole Koepke might be made of glass. He's been out 2-3 games for the 2nd time this season and I have no idea why.
17 nov. 2021 à 18 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Looks like I'm in for a tough watch tonight.

Syracuse's white jerseys are their homes, but they're in Cleveland tonight.
17 nov. 2021 à 19 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: CoopsTroops

Game is currently delayed because of this lol.

Sounds like it was Cleveland who dropped the ball though.
17 nov. 2021 à 19 h 54
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,370

Game is currently delayed because of this lol.

Sounds like it was Cleveland who dropped the ball though.

That's really funny
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
17 nov. 2021 à 22 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
The Crunch's offense is...... stagnant.

1-2 OT loss tonight.
19 nov. 2021 à 18 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Lagace is back and starting tonight for the Crunch. Since he returned first and Miftakhov as outplayed Alnefelt by a wide margin, I wonder if Alnefelt will be Orlando bound when he's healthy.
21 nov. 2021 à 20 h 31
I want Gourde back
Lagace is back and starting tonight for the Crunch. Since he returned first and Miftakhov as outplayed Alnefelt by a wide margin, I wonder if Alnefelt will be Orlando bound when he's healthy.

Well if Alnefelt does go to the ECHL I hope he dominates
24 nov. 2021 à 20 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Crunch cannot catch a break on the injury front.
I think Goncalves broke something the previous game.
29 nov. 2021 à 20 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
*This may be the last post I do in this format. Will update if I do not have anything after this weekend's upcoming games.

So, I forgot to update in a timely manner....
But, the reason there has been no more postings in a structured format is that I have taken up a hobby of writing a little for Fansided's Lightning site, including news on the Crunch. I am pretty sure if I posted something here first but later included it in an article that would technically count as plagiarism, and that's not something I want to get into so it's just easier for me to avoid doing anything too structured here. As for what that means about other things, I am not stopping my prospect pool assessments on here as I do not think that format would really work well anywhere other than CapFriendly.
And something I do intend to do for December is manually keep track of faceoffs for Crunch players. Faceoff win% is not a publicly available stat in the AHL, and I want to know what the numbers are on some of our players.
1 déc. 2021 à 16 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Russian news that does not involve some obscure transfer between VHL teams tears of joy

Semykim has looked better this year. More playing time in ECHL is probably better than playing half of the Crunch's games though.
7 déc. 2021 à 17 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Saw this one coming.

#MiftakhovSZN
9 déc. 2021 à 16 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Last night was one of the worst Crunch games I have ever watched, but this was pretty cool to see for the first time.

10 déc. 2021 à 19 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

$#&@
5 janv. 2022 à 15 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Miftakhov was sent to Orlando.
Interesting decision, but Orlando could probably be the better location since whoever is in Orlando will see the majority of starts, while whoever is in Syracuse is only seeing 1/2 of the starts at best behind Lagace.
Still an interesting choice though since Miftakhov has been Syracuse's most reliable goalie thus far.
11 janv. 2022 à 19 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Not surprised this happened. Tufto hasn't really gotten anywhere near the ice-time he needs in Syracuse.

Solar Bears currently have Semykin, Tufto, and Miftakhov on their roster. Lipanov too, but I think he was injured at the beginning of the season and has been out since.
11 janv. 2022 à 20 h 15
I want Gourde back

Not surprised this happened. Tufto hasn't really gotten anywhere near the ice-time he needs in Syracuse.

Solar Bears currently have Semykin, Tufto, and Miftakhov on their roster. Lipanov too, but I think he was injured at the beginning of the season and has been out since.

I went to a Solar Bears game back in May and they didn't have anyone (except for maybe Lohin) on a NHL contract, so I guess the organization has more depth now?
11 janv. 2022 à 20 h 16
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,896

Lipanov is probably not really going anywhere though hey? Doubtful he makes it to the show, unless I'm missing something.
11 janv. 2022 à 20 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Lipanov is probably not really going anywhere though hey? Doubtful he makes it to the show, unless I'm missing something.

You're not missing anything on Lipanov. He was a ghost for one game in Syracuse before being sent to Orlando and then he picked up an injury. He won't be with us next season.

Quoting: imawesome
I went to a Solar Bears game back in May and they didn't have anyone (except for maybe Lohin) on a NHL contract, so I guess the organization has more depth now?

I don't usually keep up with Orlando, but I think they've been having a rough year. I believe Semykin is their 3LD though, so they don't seem to be doing too bad on defense (unless that's more of an indictment on Semykin). I believe goaltending has been an issue since Clint Windsor left after last season, so Miftakhov should be a welcomed addition m
imawesome a aimé ceci.
2 févr. 2022 à 19 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Just heard my favorite quote from the Crunch this season. PC Labrie scored and Favale (Crunch pbp announcer) yelled "where are his kids!?".

No fans in Belleville tonight but Labrie's family are in attendance and Favale noted just before his kids were no longer in their seats.
13 mars 2022 à 14 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Why hello there.

For context, Alnefelt was practically carried off the ice last night. Miftakhov's constant travels between Orlando and Syracuse this season are only good for frequent flyer miles, so I assume he won't be recalled unless Lagace gets injured before Alnfelt returns.

I think that's 5 goalie injuries for the Crunch this year.
3 to Alnefelt.
2 to Lagace.
Unreal.
13 mars 2022 à 15 h 7

Why hello there.

For context, Alnefelt was practically carried off the ice last night. Miftakhov's constant travels between Orlando and Syracuse this season are only good for frequent flyer miles, so I assume he won't be recalled unless Lagace gets injured before Alnfelt returns.

I think that's 5 goalie injuries for the Crunch this year.
3 to Alnefelt.
2 to Lagace.
Unreal.

Taylor was a Tampa pick at some point wasn't he? I feel like I've seen his name before.

Edit. Yes 7th rounder in 2018.
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
13 mars 2022 à 15 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Taylor was a Tampa pick at some point wasn't he? I feel like I've seen his name before.

Edit. Yes 7th rounder in 2018.

I don't think this is a prelude to an ELC though. Taylor's rights expire this year, and the Crunch had similarly signed another one of our former draftees to a PTO last season too.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
14 mars 2022 à 17 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Realized it's been a bit since I've updated what some of the AHL prospects look like, so just some quick points:
- Koepke is still the most impressive of the bunch, but hasn't gone a streak for awhile
- Ryfors looks to be settling into a depth role. Upside was seen briefly but looks to have been more of a flash.
- Goncalves is coming on strong lately playing LW. Playing on the top line with Dumont and Richard. Starting to live up to what was probably expected of him.
- Somppi is probably trending towards not getting a qualifying offer at this point. He's playing effectively, but it's not translating into points on the board this season. Have to consider the likely signings of Guttman and Walker for next season, and Finley becoming AHL eligible, possibly forcing him out.
- Fortier has been buried in the bottom 6 almost since his NHL stint. Not enough offense drive from him, but he's still playing effective at almost at .5 ppg. Also, doesn't seem to be a regular on PK right now.
14 mars 2022 à 17 h 52
Realized it's been a bit since I've updated what some of the AHL prospects look like, so just some quick points:
- Koepke is still the most impressive of the bunch, but hasn't gone a streak for awhile
- Ryfors looks to be settling into a depth role. Upside was seen briefly but looks to have been more of a flash.
- Goncalves is coming on strong lately playing LW. Playing on the top line with Dumont and Richard. Starting to live up to what was probably expected of him.
- Somppi is probably trending towards not getting a qualifying offer at this point. He's playing effectively, but it's not translating into points on the board this season. Have to consider the likely signings of Guttman and Walker for next season, and Finley becoming AHL eligible, possibly forcing him out.
- Fortier has been buried in the bottom 6 almost since his NHL stint. Not enough offense drive from him, but he's still playing effective at almost at .5 ppg. Also, doesn't seem to be a regular on PK right now.

Booooo. Liberate Fort Gabe.

Would you see something like Goncalves to Vancouver a massive loss?
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage