Forums/Armchair-GM

Next season toying with cap

Créé par: joshelkin
Date de création initiale: 12 oct. 2021
Publié: 12 oct. 2021
Équipe: 2022-23 Islanders de New York
Explications
Quick thoughts:
1) Varly being traded after this year isn't far fetched. Sorokin should prove he is 1A material and could take over the full time role by 2022-23. A cheaper replacement, like Holtby, is familiar with Trotz and Korn. Played his best hockey under them.

2) Bailey being traded? Perhaps. He was left exposed at expansion and could have been lost for nothing. There was no deal in place with Seattle.

3) With these two moves above, the Isles have the room to add a big fish. Forsberg, Gaudreau, Hertl and Barkov (would require more moves and unlikely to hit UFA in my opinion) are all scheduled to be UFA. I arbitrarily chose Forsberg as that guy. He was unhappy with NSH trades this year (Arvidsson/Ellis) and I could see him leaving. Hertl not extending in SJS yet either. He would be a nice choice too.

4) Isles still have cap to fill out LD and another F spot. Why not go for two highly respected vets, former captains, and cupless? This team should be a no brainer to sign with if they aren't in it for the money. Giordano and Pavelski made their money. This team can compete with anyone for a cup. The contracts are still respectable. It's not like they're vet min deals.

5) Isles will have about $21m in space next summer to sign Barzal, Wahlstrom, a LD (Bolduc ready for cheap), RW (Holmstrom/Raty if ready? Golyshev? UFA?), Mayfield (replace with Wilde if he's out of exile?), and 3 scratches. Can easily fit everyone.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
Dobson, Noah33 000 000 $
Salo, Robin21 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
Pulock, Ryan87 000 000 $
Forsberg, Filip77 000 000 $
Holtby, Braden22 000 000 $
Clutterbuck, Cal21 500 000 $
Pavelski, Joe13 000 000 $
Giordano, Mark13 000 000 $
Golyshev, Anatoly1800 000 $
Borowiecki, Mark1800 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Estimated, Bonuses11 750 000 $
Transactions
NYI
    Mark Giordano (50% retained)

2021 trade deadline
    SEA
    1. Iskhakov, Ruslan [Liste de réserve]
    2. 2022 1e round pick (NYI)
    3. 2022 3e round pick (NYI)
    Détails additionnels:
    Thomas Hickey
    NYI
    1. 2022 2e round pick (EDM)
    2. 2023 2e round pick (EDM)
    EDM
    1. Varlamov, Semyon
    Détails additionnels:
    2022 offseason
    NYI
    1. 2022 2e round pick (TBL)
    OTT
    1. Bailey, Josh
    Détails additionnels:
    2022 offseason
    Rachats de contrats
    • Rick DiPietro: 0 $
    ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
    COL
    EDM
    TBL
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    EDM
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    NYI
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2382 500 000 $82 469 167 $0 $537 500 $30 833 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    NYI
    Lee, Anders
    7 000 000 $
    AG, C
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    NYI
    Barzal, Mathew
    7 000 000 $
    C
    RFA - 1
    NYI
    Palmieri, Kyle
    5 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    Forsberg, Filip
    7 000 000 $
    AG
    UFA
    NYI
    Nelson, Brock
    6 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    NYI
    Wahlstrom, Oliver
    894 167 $
    AD, C
    RFA - 1
    NYI
    Beauvillier, Anthony
    4 150 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 2
    NYI
    Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
    5 000 000 $
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    Pavelski, Joe
    3 000 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA
    NYI
    Martin, Matt
    1 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    NYI
    Cizikas, Casey
    2 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    NYI
    Clutterbuck, Cal
    1 500 000 $
    AD
    UFA
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    NYI
    Pelech, Adam
    5 750 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    NYI
    Pulock, Ryan
    7 000 000 $
    DD
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    NYI
    Sorokin, Ilya
    4 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Giordano, Mark
    3 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA
    NYI
    Dobson, Noah
    3 000 000 $
    DD
    RFA
    Holtby, Braden
    2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA
    NYI
    Salo, Robin
    1 000 000 $
    DG
    RFA
    NYI
    Mayfield, Scott
    1 450 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    Borowiecki, Mark
    800 000 $
    DG
    UFA
    Estimated, Bonuses
    1 750 000 $
    NYI
    Golyshev, Anatoly
    800 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA
    NYI
    Pánik, Richard
    1 375 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
    Martin, M.

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    12 oct. à 18 h 44
    PULL A TAMPA IGNORE
    Rejoint: mars 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 679
    Seattle isn't a seller at the TDL
    12 oct. à 18 h 47
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,763
    Quoting: TheThunder
    Seattle isn't a seller at the TDL

Eh we'll see. I think they could be based on how strangely they drafted and not getting the ammo of picks that Vegas did. Giordano was just named Captain, sure, (which I think is weird but whatever) but he can still just walk away at the end of the season. Value seems fair to me at the very least
    12 oct. à 18 h 54
    sensonfire
    Rejoint: févr. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,513
    Ottawa accepts.
    12 oct. à 19 h 4
    Vegan Commie Hipster
    Rejoint: oct. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,223
    Not addressing the 5M$ fourth line 😕

Cizikas is good

But otherwise 😬
    joshelkin a aimé ceci.
    12 oct. à 19 h 13
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: Radu47
    Not addressing the 5M$ fourth line 😕

Cizikas is good

But otherwise 😬

They're not breaking up the fourth line. They are better together than the sum of their parts. If anything, that line has gotten cheaper. Martin $1m less and Clutter in this scenario $2m less. Don't fix what isn't broken
    12 oct. à 19 h 28
    Rejoint: août 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,756
    Quoting: joshelkin
    They're not breaking up the fourth line. They are better together than the sum of their parts. If anything, that line has gotten cheaper. Martin $1m less and Clutter in this scenario $2m less. Don't fix what isn't broken

Cizikas is better away from Martin and Clutterbuck
    12 oct. à 19 h 49
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: Db1899
    Cizikas is better away from Martin and Clutterbuck

Of course, but they play better together and why would Lou protect 17 and 15 if they weren't in the plans? I think the perfect deal is Clutter on an identical deal to Martin. When they expire together that's the fourth line's end
    12 oct. à 20 h 0
    LGI
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 437
    I was liking the idea of picking up Gio but I doubt it happens now that he got the C
    12 oct. à 20 h 5
    Démarrer sujet
    Islanders Fan
    Quoting: niko
    I was liking the idea of picking up Gio but I doubt it happens now that he got the C

I guess but really don't think one should have to do with the other. He can still walk as a UFA. Unless he's given them assurances. But Gio wants a cup and isn't getting it in Seattle (know we said this about Vegas but the rosters don't even seem comparable)
    12 oct. à 20 h 7
    Of course, but they play better together and why would Lou protect 17 and 15 if they weren't in the plans? I think the perfect deal is Clutter on an identical deal to Martin. When they expire together that's the fourth line's end

That isn’t true though - Cizikas carries Martin and Clutterbuck and he has had better results without them on his line. The story of the 4th line is simple. Cizikas is a 3C and he plays with two replacement level 4th liners, which is why it’s called “the best 4th line in hockey”. There’s a 3C driving the line, it’s not because they have some special chemistry together. This should be the last year of the 4th line. Martin will be 33, Clutterbuck will be 34. You can already tell it’s hard for both to keep up in the modern NHL, 4th line grinders like them usually don’t have positive impacts into their mid 30s.

Are the islanders going to have a culture where longtime members of the team have a spot in the lineup even if they’re not good ? That would suck, especially for a team with cup aspirations. Why not replace Martin and Clutterbuck next year with younger, more effective players.
    Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
    12 oct. à 20 h 12
    Rejoint: nov. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 845
    That isn’t true though - Cizikas carries Martin and Clutterbuck and he has had better results without them on his line. The story of the 4th line is simple. Cizikas is a 3C and he plays with two replacement level 4th liners, which is why it’s called “the best 4th line in hockey”. There’s a 3C driving the line, it’s not because they have some special chemistry together. This should be the last year of the 4th line. Martin will be 33, Clutterbuck will be 34. You can already tell it’s hard for both to keep up in the modern NHL, 4th line grinders like them usually don’t have positive impacts into their mid 30s.

Are the islanders going to have a culture where longtime members of the team have a spot in the lineup even if they’re not good ? That would suck, especially for a team with cup aspirations. Why not replace Martin and Clutterbuck next year with younger, more effective players.

Completely agree. Hopefully koivula gets one of those spots. I feel like he would be perfect next to casey. Martin will still be here, i think he gets another year as a regular (22-23) and then either retires or gets traded with 1 year left. Cal may very well retire this coming offseason.
    12 oct. à 20 h 14

I think this is clutters last year and potentially martins (if cal retires) though i think he will stick around for another year. The reason they were protected isnt bc the line is great necessarily but bc lou wanted the guy who makes the line run to stay.
    12 oct. à 20 h 16
    Quoting: Islesforthecup
    Completely agree. Hopefully koivula gets one of those spots. I feel like he would be perfect next to casey. Martin will still be here, i think he gets another year as a regular (22-23) and then either retires or gets traded with 1 year left. Cal may very well retire this coming offseason.

Martin should have to earn a spot though - he’s not getting any better and if he’s cooked he shouldn’t be handed a spot. I would go with Koivula-Cizikas-Panik . There is no reason to re-sign clutter.
    12 oct. à 20 h 17
    Martin should have to earn a spot though - he’s not getting any better and if he’s cooked he shouldn’t be handed a spot. I would go with Koivula-Cizikas-Panik . There is no reason to re-sign clutter.

Agree completely. But i just dont see a scenario where martin doesnt make the team unless he retires.
    12 oct. à 20 h 22
    Quoting: Islesforthecup
    Agree completely. But i just dont see a scenario where martin doesnt make the team unless he retires.

Lol see that’s f*cked up. I think that sends a bad message to the rest of the team (if he’s cooked, which is likely). Of course he’d make the team, I’m just saying he should be an extra. Play 10 games per year like Ross does now.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Supprimer une option
    Soumettre le sondage