SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

New York Rangers signed Mika Zibanejad (8 Years / $8,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 oct. 2021 à 12 h 57
Breadman likes Bread
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,729
Quoting: MelonVK
Yeah maybe I was a bit unclear. It's not minutes as in raw amounts, but minutes as in zone time and/or playing with really good players vs meh opposition. What we should care about is what an average player does between his linemates, vs his opposition and in his minutes. By those metrics, Mika produces 15% less than expected.

What I will say is that his shot maps are... Weird.

For some reason the net-front is really acting out in both directions. I know the Rangers specifically had some issues with counting shot distance and whatnot, but at the same time it's very high in his own direction.

vePTr3j

These are not stats of a #1C, or even a top6 player. More like a bottom 6-player on PP1.

Edit: Did some more digging and maybe, *maybe* Hajek could be doing some of the defensive damage. The issue is that Buchnevich, Kreider etc. score better without Mika than with him.

Also another thing to consider is half of the season he was still recovering from Covid. He had a down year for his standards but I see him hitting 35-40 goals again this year.
11 oct. 2021 à 13 h 8
Watches no games
Mentions "j'aime": 976
Quoting: KingLundqvist30
Also another thing to consider is half of the season he was still recovering from Covid. He had a down year for his standards but I see him hitting 35-40 goals again this year.

He was incredible his age 22 and 24 seasons. It's probable covid had a pretty big effect, but on the other hand we don't know that it doesn't anymore. Last year he was worse defensively, but just slightly below average offensively. He was practically Bergeron in 17-18, but then he lost his offense the next season and much of his defense the season thereafter.

Again, I hope things go well for him, but I'm not too optimistic regarding this contract, sadly.
KingLundqvist30 a aimé ceci.
11 oct. 2021 à 14 h 50
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 623
Quoting: ON3M4N
Not for nothing, but over the last 3 years....

195 GP / 199 PTS
166 GP / 178 PTS

^over an 82 game season your talking about a difference of 4pts based on each guys PGP. One guy makes $10 million and would have coat trade players. The other is going to make $8.5 and cost you no additional assets to acquire.

Did you ever consider that Eichel played those games for Buffalo? The man needs some support out there, or wherever he will end up
11 oct. 2021 à 15 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,562
Quoting: CJets
Did you ever consider that Eichel played those games for Buffalo? The man needs some support out there, or wherever he will end up

He played with Hall and Reinhart last season and Reinhart has been his most consistent linemate over the last 3 years. Lets not act like he's playing with scrubs here. Its not like Zib's is playing with superstars either, his most common linemates the last 3 years were Kreider and Buch.
11 oct. 2021 à 15 h 21
He played with Hall and Reinhart last season and Reinhart has been his most consistent linemate over the last 3 years. Lets not act like he's playing with scrubs here. Its not like Zib's is playing with superstars either, his most common linemates the last 3 years were Kreider and Buch.

Taylor Hall was awful on Buffalo. Eichel still had nearly a PPG last season as he missed majority of it with injuries. For most of his career, his line mates weren’t exactly good either.
11 oct. 2021 à 15 h 52
Taylor Hall was awful on Buffalo. Eichel still had nearly a PPG last season as he missed majority of it with injuries. For most of his career, his line mates weren’t exactly good either.

Again the last 3 years Reinhart has been his most common linemate. Are you saying Reinhart isn't good? BTW the analytics for Hall playing with Eichel were very good. Hall was a bit unlucky early last season and once Eichel went down he pretty much packed it in. The Hall I saw playing for Buffalo at the end wasn't even close to the same Hall that plays for Boston.
11 oct. 2021 à 15 h 54
Again the last 3 years Reinhart has been his most common linemate. Are you saying Reinhart isn't good? BTW the analytics for Hall playing with Eichel were very good. Hall was a bit unlucky early last season and once Eichel went down he pretty much packed it in. The Hall I saw playing for Buffalo at the end wasn't even close to the same Hall that plays for Boston.

Reinhart is good but he’s not the face of the franchise. I guess we will see how good Eichel turns out to be when he’s traded to a real team with good line mates on both wings
11 oct. 2021 à 16 h 5
Reinhart is good but he’s not the face of the franchise. I guess we will see how good Eichel turns out to be when he’s traded to a real team with good line mates on both wings

and Kreider/Buch were faces of the Rangers franchise?
11 oct. 2021 à 16 h 27
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Imagine being the NYR front office and thinking Zibanejad is better than Eichel

Who knows what Buf is asking, Why not go with the sure thing thats already on your team.
12 oct. 2021 à 3 h 26
Watches no games
Mentions "j'aime": 976

Kreider and especially Buch are arguable superstars. Hall shot like 1% next to Eichel. Adam Fox leads one defense in ice time and Ristolainen (I assume) the other. One team has a Panarin-line the opponents plays matchup against, one has what, Casey Mittelstadt as the dual-threat? Zibanejad is still really good on the PP which helps his offense immensely, but the 5on5 difference is absolutely huge when isolating the players impacts.
7 janv. 2022 à 15 h 3
feelsbadman
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 88
how much money is kakko gonna get? 1M AAV? LOL

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage