SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NJD / OTT) - Future Considerations for Gormley 

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 mars 2017 à 15 h 56
A trade between New Jersey Devils and Ottawa Senators has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Devils du New Jersey font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
Considérations futures
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
Variation: 0 $
Variation: -650 000 $
Variation: -80 000 $
Les Sénateurs d'Ottawa font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Brandon Gormley · 0 $650 000 $80 000 $ (LAH/JR)
Somme: 0 $650 000 $80 000 $
Variation: 0 $
Variation: +650 000 $
Variation: +80 000 $
6 mars 2017 à 17 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,716
Hi, Can someone explain to me why trades after the deadline are still permitted? Never understood this?
6 mars 2017 à 19 h 54
Follow CapFriendly
Rejoint: mars 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 558
Quoting: F50marco
Hi, Can someone explain to me why trades after the deadline are still permitted? Never understood this?

Players that are traded after the deadline cannot play in the playoffs
7 mars 2017 à 9 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,716
Quoting: Leafs

Thanks Chris. So technically if a team is out of the playoffs and the other team they are trading with is out of the playoffs, both teams can make a pretty significant trade even after the deadline? Lets say the Canes go after Duchene tomorrow, they can trade for him? Both teams won't make the playoffs but at least they'll have Duchene for the remainder of the year and starting next year too?
7 mars 2017 à 13 h 10
Follow CapFriendly
Rejoint: mars 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 558

Thanks Chris. So technically if a team is out of the playoffs and the other team they are trading with is out of the playoffs, both teams can make a pretty significant trade even after the deadline? Lets say the Canes go after Duchene tomorrow, they can trade for him? Both teams won't make the playoffs but at least they'll have Duchene for the remainder of the year and starting next year too?

Hmm interesting thought. I believe Duchene could still be traded after the deadline.
If i recall correctly, didn't Gomez get traded after the deadline last year?
7 mars 2017 à 13 h 29
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,918

Hmm interesting thought. I believe Duchene could still be traded after the deadline.
If i recall correctly, didn't Gomez get traded after the deadline last year?

No, he was a UFA signing, if Ottawa made hte playoffs he wasn't eligible

Yes, the Canes could theoretically trade for Duchene, and he could learn the system during the remainder of the year.
However; seems like an unlikely idea as Sakic would be unable to interest other teams and drive the value higher, since playoff teams wouldn't be interested until after the playoffs
Mr_cap a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2021 à 14 h 17
sensonfire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,451
Future Considerations.

AKA Diddly Squat.

Ottawa wins.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: