SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread

16 oct. 2021 à 15 h 37
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Grant has 2 years left at $1.5 million. If Anaheim is waiving him, I very much doubt he gets claimed.

Agreed. The guy had job security based on his reputation earned a few seasons ago and has been replacement level ever since. Benoit-Olivier Groulx beat him for the 4C spot.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 15 h 40
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,292
Grant has 2 years left at $1.5 million. If Anaheim is waiving him, I very much doubt he gets claimed.

I mean he's a solid bottom 6 player for relatively cheap, Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit could all claim him
16 oct. 2021 à 15 h 42
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
The Sabres have a better record than the Lightning, let that sink in…
zk97, EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 15 h 44
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Well beating the Yotes isn't exactly an accomplishment but yeah, the Atlantic is crazy
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 15 h 45
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442

If you told me yesterday that Ladd, Eakin and Thompson would all score in the same game I would have laughed at you.
AndrewLadd, EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 15 h 49
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Thinking the Sabres might be buyers this season
A_Habs_fan, AndrewLadd, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 15 h 56
Quoting: Db1899
Thinking the Sabres might be buyers this season

2-0 watch out for their cup run, I mean they do have 2 goalies who've won conference finals games
16 oct. 2021 à 16 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 16 oct. 2021 à 16 h 39

mmm if a team wants a good penalty killing 3/4c someone might take a chance. Colorado should honestly take him as he would make a solid defensive 3rd line with Nichuskin and Jost
16 oct. 2021 à 16 h 49
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
In all seriousness, I still remain higher on Rasmus Dahlin then weed. He’s one of my favorite players in the league, and my hope that he becomes a top 5 D in the league will never die. He’s just so talented. If he is ruined by the Buffalo Sabres I’m making a petition to relegate them to the USHL
BeterChiarelli, SevenLeg, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 16 h 57
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Buffalo 2-0-0 now that’s a sight to see
yikes, A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 17 h 7
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
If Edmonton's forwards prove to be legit, I think Vegas might actually have a very, very hard time maintaining first in the division if Stone is out for any time equal to or greater than Pacioretty. I really don't like what they have up front without their two best wingers.

Like the Knights are going to make the playoffs regardless, the Pacific Division is kiddie-pool levels of deep, but if Patches and Stone are really going to miss any substantial time, does it all of a sudden make a lot more sense for Vegas to find buyers for McNabb and Smith at the deadline and make that winning swing for Eichel? Kinda like what St. Louis did the year prior to their cup run: take a step back, recoup some assets, land the big fish and win it all the year after?
yikes, KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 17 h 18
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
If Edmonton's forwards prove to be legit, I think Vegas might actually have a very, very hard time maintaining first in the division if Stone is out for any time equal to or greater than Pacioretty. I really don't like what they have up front without their two best wingers.

Like the Knights are going to make the playoffs regardless, the Pacific Division is kiddie-pool levels of deep, but if Patches and Stone are really going to miss any substantial time, does it all of a sudden make a lot more sense for Vegas to find buyers for McNabb and Smith at the deadline and make that winning swing for Eichel? Kinda like what St. Louis did the year prior to their cup run: take a step back, recoup some assets, land the big fish and win it all the year after?

TRADE FOR GIBSON STAN HERE

get Connor and Leon their cups
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 et Devil a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 17 h 27
Ban Price trades
Quoting: yikes

I'd rather pursue Khudobin and tandem him with Smith. The substantial upgrades need to be on Edmonton's blueline and maybe finding a better pivot than McLeod for depth. Another middle-six winger wouldn't hurt either. If Dobby and Smith could maintain .915sv%'s and the Oilers bring in at least one top-4 defender while Vegas takes half a step back, the WCF is the bare minimum for the Oilers. Whether or not that roster could contend with any of the Avalanche, Islanders, Leafs, Lightning, or Panthers is another thing.

Vegas flipping the pair of McNabb and Smith while setting their sights on Eichel and the 2022-23 Cup does pave a much clearer path to a Stanley Cup for the Oilers than what was possible at the onset of the season. I still think the Oilers are distinctly a class behind those teams I listed however.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 17 h 42
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
It always impresses, surprises and even... saddens me when I look at it, almost no one posts on it anymore and the people that do often post completely unrealistic teams and there is no way to have meaningful discussions and debates on there anymore.

I know I talk about it pretty often but still, it's shocking in a way
16 oct. 2021 à 17 h 43
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647

I think you're onto something. Although BUF wouldn't be likely to hold on to McNabb and Smith, they'd likely flip them
BeterChiarelli et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 17 h 55
Ban Price trades
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
I think you're onto something. Although BUF wouldn't be likely to hold on to McNabb and Smith, they'd likely flip them

I think the returns from trading McNabb and Smith would probably just get sent to the Sabres as part of the Eichel return. That gives Vegas the ability to frame the optics as two expiring roster players plus a piece of their own for Eichel while the Sabres can still say they got somewhere in the ballpark of their desired four first round equivalents.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 18 h 16
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523

The more they win early on, the harder they fall. Seen this movie many times.
16 oct. 2021 à 18 h 19
Quoting: Brian2016
The more they win early on, the harder they fall. Seen this movie many times.

They also beat Arizona in OT which isn’t much of an accomplishment, however beating the Habs 😭, is an accomplishment for the Sabres
zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 18 h 22

Rather see them address their forward depth, which is terrible. But Gibson would be a sweet long term pickup.
16 oct. 2021 à 18 h 24
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
They also beat Arizona in OT which isn’t much of an accomplishment, however beating the Habs 😭, is an accomplishment for the Sabres

Just crazy how they play better w/o almost all of their big names in the lineup. They definitely imp[roved near the end of last season, too. No Eichel. No Reinhart. No Mittelstadt. And they still win 2 in a row. Maybe Mittelstadt played in the first game, I don't remember. But still.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 18 h 39
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
It always impresses, surprises and even... saddens me when I look at it, almost no one posts on it anymore and the people that do often post completely unrealistic teams and there is no way to have meaningful discussions and debates on there anymore.

I know I talk about it pretty often but still, it's shocking in a way

context?
16 oct. 2021 à 18 h 57
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I mean he's a solid bottom 6 player for relatively cheap, Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit could all claim him

Quoting: aadoyle
mmm if a team wants a good penalty killing 3/4c someone might take a chance. Colorado should honestly take him as he would make a solid defensive 3rd line with Nichuskin and Jost

No one ever claims anyone with more than a year left if they aren’t a prospect. If Grant doesn’t work out he’s a burden on the team cap-wise and in terms of actual money spent.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
16 oct. 2021 à 19 h 6
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: Brian2016
Rather see them address their forward depth, which is terrible. But Gibson would be a sweet long term pickup.

I'd rather pursue Khudobin and tandem him with Smith. The substantial upgrades need to be on Edmonton's blueline and maybe finding a better pivot than McLeod for depth. Another middle-six winger wouldn't hurt either. If Dobby and Smith could maintain .915sv%'s and the Oilers bring in at least one top-4 defender while Vegas takes half a step back, the WCF is the bare minimum for the Oilers. Whether or not that roster could contend with any of the Avalanche, Islanders, Leafs, Lightning, or Panthers is another thing.

Vegas flipping the pair of McNabb and Smith while setting their sights on Eichel and the 2022-23 Cup does pave a much clearer path to a Stanley Cup for the Oilers than what was possible at the onset of the season. I still think the Oilers are distinctly a class behind those teams I listed however.

As Beter said getting D is the most important imo. I think their depth is fine on F but they should move Kassian and bring in two depth pieces that would provide better use of the cap space Kassian takes up.

I say Gibson solely because;

If I’m John Gibson, a former top 3 goalie, who’s not old; and I get told I’m going from the Dumpster Dwelling Ducks to McDavids team im pretty ****ing pumped. Guy - he just needs a smaller workload (which Smith provides) and then to get to the playoffs. Where he can get a chance to prove himself. And I think the chance at a cup by playing with McDavid, Leon, Nurse, RNH, Hyman is too good to pass up. A improved D, maybe move Kassian, and Gibson would make me bet on EDM this year.

No team is a lock for the cup imo. Tampa needs a new third line or they’re not 3-peating (they could by trade or internally but we need to see it). Colorado is strong but they didn’t really address what lost them their last series; they’re the favourite tho imo. And the east is so deep. Vegas is crippled without Patches and Stone - they could free fall tbh. The isles may be my second favourites but again, the East is deep.

The Rangers are super tempting to make some headaches in the Metro and the Sens in the Atlantic. For example; those two teams WILL NOT make the playoffs (but never say never IG lol) - but Ottawa and the Rags are gonna be causing problems I think.
16 oct. 2021 à 19 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 16 oct. 2021 à 19 h 27
RIP Fleury pt.2

Dead serious I think Chicago may be the new Flames
16 oct. 2021 à 19 h 24
Ban Price trades
As Beter said getting D is the most important imo. I think their depth is fine on F but they should move Kassian and bring in two depth pieces that would provide better use of the cap space Kassian takes up.

I say Gibson solely because;

If I’m John Gibson, a former top 3 goalie, who’s not old; and I get told I’m going from the Dumpster Dwelling Ducks to McDavids team im pretty ****ing pumped. Guy - he just needs a smaller workload (which Smith provides) and then to get to the playoffs. Where he can get a chance to prove himself. And I think the chance at a cup by playing with McDavid, Leon, Nurse, RNH, Hyman is too good to pass up. A improved D, maybe move Kassian, and Gibson would make me bet on EDM this year.

No team is a lock for the cup imo. Tampa needs a new third line or they’re not 3-peating (they could by trade or internally but we need to see it). Colorado is strong but they didn’t really address what lost them their last series; they’re the favourite tho imo. And the east is so deep. Vegas is crippled without Patches and Stone - they could free fall tbh. The isles may be my second favourites but again, the East is deep.

The Rangers are super tempting to make some headaches in the Metro and the Sens in the Atlantic. For example; those two teams WILL NOT make the playoffs (but never say never IG lol) - but Ottawa and the Rags are gonna be causing problems I think.

I'm not as anti-Gibson as a few Oiler fans are and I've learned to read between the statlines a touch. I think he's still very much a quality netminder and would be in the upper echelon of goaltenders if the Ducks ever had the virtue to find him a new home. Part of the problem is I'm also not near as anti-Koskinen as most every other hockey fan either for the inverse of why I'm not anti-Gibson. The math shows that Mikko can be phenomenal for stretches, and like you point out with Gibson just required better tandem management and a competent blueline in front of him.

I understand that the Oilers are going to need to send assets out in order to improve *something* on their roster. Given the current cap setup and especially with the next two years of financial juggling the Oilers will have to undertake, I'm staunchly against $9M spent on two goaltenders. The Oilers are already going to be spending over 50% of their cap on their forwards, possibly upwards of 67%. There is a far greater need to upgrading the blueline - especially in consideration to next season - than there would be to acquire a really, really good goaltender. A consistently average goaltender can take a team to the cup finals if the team in front of him gives two damns hand over fist in their quest for glory. Khudobin did it in very recent memory. Every bit of math and in-depth analysis shows the overarching difference between a .917sv% and a .927sv% netminder is borderline negligible over the course of a season. Math and analysis go out the window once the postseason arrives. If Vasilevskiy was such a game-changer for the Lightning, we'd never seen them busted apart by the Blue Jackets; the Vezina trophy would always coincide with the cup-winning netminder.

If Holland hadn't wildly pissed away his cap space this summer on the corpses of Ceci and Keith, I'd be far more into acquiring Gibson. The money just isn't there for it to mean sustainable success for Edmonton.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage