2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread

18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 20
Daddy
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Quoting: aadoyle
Shesterkin and Campbell already getting their SOTY nominations in I see

Gimmie more games like this

One of the most entertaining games I can remember watching, the result is frustrating, but can't complain too much about the effort.
18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 25
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729

Interesting.
18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 27
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

holy sh*t what a catch
EsoYeezus69, CoopsTroops, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 29
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: justaBoss

holy sh*t what a catch

That's what you call hand eye coordination at it's perfection.
justaBoss et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724

holy sh*t what a catch

Robbed the fan of a puck WOW...Shame!!!
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 33
What in tarnation
Robbed the fan of a puck WOW

Or potentially someone getting hit on the head.

Either way he did get a minor penalty for doing it.
18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 33
Hakuna Matata
Or potentially someone getting hit on the head.

Either way he did get a minor penalty for it.

But that fan would have had the moment of his or her life I got a puck and some stitches too.

Plus would have probs got a signed stick from the player as an apology.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
18 oct. 2021 à 22 h 39
What in tarnation
But that fan would have had the moment of his or her life I got a puck and some stitches too.

Plus would have probs got a signed stick from the player as an apology.

Suppose that's one way of thinking about it.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
18 oct. 2021 à 23 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Man still early but Joakim Kemell is having himself a season in Liiga

Could go earlier than expected in the 2022 draft

But as of now no challenger for Wright's #1OA spot
19 oct. 2021 à 0 h 41
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
A year of Toews is not worth the Oilers giving up their best prospect correct.

It's 2 years of Toews, a near point per game (60 pts in 70 gp in 19-20, didn't play last year), Selke calibre 1st line centre, at only 5.5mil, and you make (most) of the cap room by also giving up Kassian in that deal. Kassian would cost more than a 2nd to dump imo. So you're giving up less than Holloway's value for 2 years of Toews @ 5.5. It's an absolute steal of a trade and to suggest otherwise is foolish. I like Holloway, but bringing in a capable 2-way leader like that with championship pedigree (who unlike Keith is actually still good) is worth far more than part of Holloway's value. He immediately would give Edmonton the best top 9 in the league, allowing Drai+McD to play on the same line all the time while still icing a good 2nd line (Hyman-Toews-Yamamoto?) and then a good 3rd line (Foegele-Nuge-literally doesn't matter these 8 are already the best top 9). Edmonton's problem of course remains terrible defense and streaky at best goaltending, but Toews would definitely improve their team defense. In the end it's a moot point because it's a horribly lopsided trade without the cap dump (Kassian) and the retention, and Chicago wouldn't entertain trading him anyway, but it instantly and significantly improves Edmonton's chances of winning the cup in the next 2 years while McDavid is at his most dominant with next to no downside. Plus you still have your 1sts, Bourgault, Lavoie, Broberg, etc. to go after immediate improvements on defense. Not that I think Edmonton is gonna do anything, because they've committed to their mediocre top 4 and are capped out but hey, dreaming is nice I suppose.
19 oct. 2021 à 0 h 52
I can't stand the Flames, this team frustrates the hell out of me. How do you outshoot your opponents 47-33 and 43-26 in the first two games and come out of that with only one point and 4 total goals. Like, I get that the team shooting percentage will likely regress to the mean of ~10% so shooting this much is promising, but god damn, bury a chance or two. 4 goals on 90 shots is nuts. There's absolutely no reason we should have lost to the Ducks. Connor McDavid is gonna do what he does best every now and then and you can't always help it (although fr, Smith isn't that good, it's not that far-fetched to think we should have had 4-5 goals on 47 shots), but the Ducks are not good. I love Hanifin but it was very irresponsible of him to try and dangle through 2 guys in OT, he doesn't have the hands for that, and there was no shot Gaudreau was gonna be able to handle a 2-on-1 (he wasn't even skating backwards lmao). The Tkachuk penalty was just weird (not sure what the commentators said, I was at a bar watching the game) but that was the PP they scored the first goal on. That and a post or two ended up costing us. Pathetic ending. This team needs a true finisher. I'm literally like 2 games away from saying pack it in this year, trade Monahan+Zary+2023 conditional 1st+whatever else (maybe Dube, but Gudbranson and a 2nd would be better, maybe throw in another conditional pick or two or prospects like Ruzicka) for Eichel and just tank this year. Flip Gaudreau and resign him in free agency (mostly a joke) but really, just get Eichel, rebuild the forwards around him, Tkachuk, Lindholm, and Mangiapane, add a good pick from the 2022 draft, and go for it next year. What a pathetic start to the season.
19 oct. 2021 à 5 h 0
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Alfie11
I can't stand the Flames, this team frustrates the hell out of me. How do you outshoot your opponents 47-33 and 43-26 in the first two games and come out of that with only one point and 4 total goals. Like, I get that the team shooting percentage will likely regress to the mean of ~10% so shooting this much is promising, but god damn, bury a chance or two. 4 goals on 90 shots is nuts. There's absolutely no reason we should have lost to the Ducks. Connor McDavid is gonna do what he does best every now and then and you can't always help it (although fr, Smith isn't that good, it's not that far-fetched to think we should have had 4-5 goals on 47 shots), but the Ducks are not good. I love Hanifin but it was very irresponsible of him to try and dangle through 2 guys in OT, he doesn't have the hands for that, and there was no shot Gaudreau was gonna be able to handle a 2-on-1 (he wasn't even skating backwards lmao). The Tkachuk penalty was just weird (not sure what the commentators said, I was at a bar watching the game) but that was the PP they scored the first goal on. That and a post or two ended up costing us. Pathetic ending. This team needs a true finisher. I'm literally like 2 games away from saying pack it in this year, trade Monahan+Zary+2023 conditional 1st+whatever else (maybe Dube, but Gudbranson and a 2nd would be better, maybe throw in another conditional pick or two or prospects like Ruzicka) for Eichel and just tank this year. Flip Gaudreau and resign him in free agency (mostly a joke) but really, just get Eichel, rebuild the forwards around him, Tkachuk, Lindholm, and Mangiapane, add a good pick from the 2022 draft, and go for it next year. What a pathetic start to the season.

I watched the entire game. Flames were dominant. Gibson stole the game tonight. He faced a lot of high danger chances and made big saves. But, the Ducks are basically a bottom feeder with a great goalie. I place a lot of the blame on Sean Monahan. He's got 3 SOG in 2 games. Unacceptable for a player of his caliber. They should've traded him over the summer.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 5 h 3
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Did anyone see Buchnevich's headbutt? Any chance he's suspended? I believe that he received a match penalty.
19 oct. 2021 à 6 h 29
Quoting: Brian2016
I watched the entire game. Flames were dominant. Gibson stole the game tonight. He faced a lot of high danger chances and made big saves. But, the Ducks are basically a bottom feeder with a great goalie. I place a lot of the blame on Sean Monahan. He's got 3 SOG in 2 games. Unacceptable for a player of his caliber. They should've traded him over the summer.

Yeah, Gibson played great, but I can't help feeling that when you outshoot your opponent by like 15-20 shots that one guy should not be able to win the game for the other team very often, and it's now happened twice in a row (McDavid then Gibson). There are enough games where we're gonna play not good, we can't be losing games where we dominate, especially to divisional rivals. We need better finishers, we've gotta bury more chances. I would be disappointed if we only had 7 goals on 90 shots, the fact that we only have 4 is near inexcusable. And Monahan's probably gone in the Eichel deal (might have to be 3-way) for cap purposes and because Eichel's a centre too. Assuming we get Eichel, which we should really go for (we need a superstar that can score).
19 oct. 2021 à 6 h 38
What in tarnation
Man still early but Joakim Kemell is having himself a season in Liiga

Could go earlier than expected in the 2022 draft

But as of now no challenger for Wright's #1OA spot

Looking like two Finnish top5 picks for this year awesome face
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 6 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Quoting: Brian2016
Did anyone see Buchnevich's headbutt? Any chance he's suspended? I believe that he received a match penalty.

Doubt it. Rasmus Andersson did this and more in one sequence and, to my surprise, didn't get suspended. But the DoPS is remarkably inconsistent so it wouldn't shock me.
A_Habs_fan et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 7 h 58
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: SevenLeg
If you could buy a jersey of a player not from your favorite team, who would it be?

I mean other than the obvious Kotkaniemi jersey (I’d probably get the black 3rd) I’d probably get a Barkov home jersey. Love Barkov, and I love Florida’s jerseys.
SevenLeg et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 8 h 58
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
If you could buy a jersey of a player not from your favorite team, who would it be?

Barzal or Stutzle
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 9 h 7
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753

Cam Atkinson's Flyers jersey

i miss him
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 9 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
The player whose jersey I'd buy who's a non-habs would be Kk ( obviously ), besides that maybe a Monahan, a CBJ player or Galchenyuk, Pacioretty
SevenLeg et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 9 h 24
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The player whose jersey I'd buy who's a non-habs would be Kk ( obviously ), besides that maybe a Monahan, a CBJ player or Galchenyuk, Pacioretty

Galchenyuk would be outdated after half a season once he changes team
A_Habs_fan, zk97 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 10 h 11
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
@SevenLeg

Id buy a Mat Barzal Jersey
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 12 h 36
Hakuna Matata
Looking like two Finnish top5 picks for this year awesome face

Im concerned about one of them as I got a feeling were gonna see another Raty situation. But its still to early rn to say. But hey if that happens someone could get a steal
19 oct. 2021 à 12 h 37
What in tarnation
Im concerned about one of them as I got a feeling were gonna see another Raty situation. But its still to early rn to say. But hey if that happens someone could get a steal

Probably. Lambert has been a bit disappointing. And it certainly doesn't help him that Kemell plays in the same team.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2021 à 12 h 37
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Doubt it. Rasmus Andersson did this and more in one sequence and, to my surprise, didn't get suspended. But the DoPS is remarkably inconsistent so it wouldn't shock me.

Well the diff with Andersson is he used his hand as a shield when doing it so his hand hit Yamamoto's face. Buch just straight up headbutted Crouse without trying to soften the blow.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage