SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

2021 Lightning Prospect Showcase Observations

21 sept. 2021 à 16 h 54
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
Modifié 22 sept. 2021 à 15 h 34
The Lightning prospects wrapped up their tournament versus prospect teams of the Hurricanes, Panthers, and Predators with a perfect 3-0 record. Their shootout record was only 1-2, but their 1 win in this department did decide their match versus the Hurricanes.

While not a perfect setting, and without all players present, this was a 3-0 record from what The Athletic ranked as the #30 NHL Pipeline in the league. Carolina is #2, Nashville is #16, and Florida is #18. Impressive nonetheless for the Bolts.

This is just going to be a quick post with the combined stats of the 3 games with some quick hits on things I want to mention from what I saw. I admittedly only saw the last period in Game 2 and the entirety of Game 3 vs. the Panthers. Note that not all players played all 3 games. So, without further delay, the stats:

Xavier Cormier 2G 1A 3P
Simon Ryfors -- 2G 2A 4P
Jack Thompson -- 2G 0A 2P
Jaydon Dureau -- 2G 1A 3P
Antoine Morand -- 1G 1A 2P
Maxim Cajkoivic -- 3G 1A 4P
Alexey Lipanov 2G 0A 2P
Gabriel Fortier -- 0G 2A 2P
Jack Finley -- 0G 2A 2P
Ryan Jones -- 0G 2A 2P
Declan McDonnell -- 2G 0A 2P
Gage Goncalves -- 0G 2A 2P
Dmitry Semykin -- 0G 1A 1P
Avery Winslow -- 1G 0A 1P
Jimmy Huntington -- 0G 2A 2P
Shawn Element -- 0G 2A 2P
Cam MacDonald -- 1G 2A 3P

Amir Miftakhov -- 44/49 svs
Hugo Alnefelt -- 34/44 svs

*** Stats may not be 100% correct as I had to piece stats together without having an official box score to go off of

Some Quick Hits:
- Gabe Fortier, Alex Green, and Simon Ryfors wore the A's on their jerseys for game 3 vs. Florida. Perhaps insight into who Lightning development staff think show leadership qualities.
- Cole Koepke did not play any of the 3 games after going down in a scrimmage leading up to the tournament. Word is he's expected to be fine for the NHL camp starting on-ice activities Thursday.
- Odeen Tufto was still recovering from offseason surgery and did not play in the tournament.
- Henry Bowlby (Florida prospect) was a pleasure to watch last year for Syracuse, but now he's going to be a real menace. Probably has a shot at the NHL and I'd compare him to Goodrow.
- My disappointment of not seeing Anton Lundell (FLA prospect), who was held out, at the Florida vs. Tampa game is immeasurable.
- Spencer Knight (FLA goalie) let in 4 or 5 goals (aka he is human for now).
- Finley and Schmidt skate pretty well for being big guys.
- Xavier Cormier is an interesting name to keep an eye on. He was an invitee of the Lightning's to the tournament and showed some solid offensive ability at times. We'll see if that goes anywhere.
- Defense was all over the place for all teams for all the games, so I won't rag on anyone there.
- Maxim Cajkovic's last name is pronounced Chai-Ko-Vich (not how I imagined, but interesting).
- I might have been underrating Cajkovic previously, but he looked like a dominant force on the ice offensively and posses a wicked shot. I am excited to see more from him.
- Alnefelt let in a few softies vs. the Panthers. He was out sick Game 1 though, so perhaps some lingering side effects?
- I like Jack Thompson's game.
- The boys were buzzin' today. We had around 58 shots on goal vs. the Panthers. It was a gong show.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2021 à 18 h 13
Champa Bay
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 64
Quoting: CoopsTroops
- Maxim Cajkovic's last name is pronounced Chii-Kah-Vich (not how I imagined, but interesting).

The right pronunciation is actually Chai-Ko-Vich.
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
21 sept. 2021 à 18 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Modifié 21 sept. 2021 à 18 h 28
Quoting: BrianLeeHOF

I was wondering how to phonetically spell out Chai/Chii Sticking Out Tongue

And yes Ko not Ka
21 sept. 2021 à 18 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,847

Gabriel Fortier -- 0G 2A 2P

- Gabe Fortier, Alex Green, and Simon Ryfors wore the A's on their jerseys for game 3 vs. Florida. Perhaps insight into who Lightning development staff think show leadership qualities.
-

Future Bolt. Fort Gabe ftw! ;-)
21 sept. 2021 à 18 h 53
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,847
Quoting: BrianLeeHOF

I was wondering how to phonetically spell out Chai/Chii Sticking Out Tongue

And yes Ko not Ka

Have butchered this guy's name so many times I feel like I should send him a flower basket by way of an apology.
21 sept. 2021 à 20 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
Have butchered this guy's name so many times I feel like I should send him a flower basket by way of an apology.

I always thought it was something like Djokovic, but the Caj being Chai is what was new to my ears.
21 sept. 2021 à 20 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
Future Bolt. Fort Gabe ftw! ;-)

I think he had more points today. I just haven't updated.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage