SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montréal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread

23 nov. 2021 à 12 h 31
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336

Hey, i can now add Kulak to the list of injured Habs this season, it's the gift that keeps on giving. At least Allen is back
zk97 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2021 à 12 h 33
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,559
Modifié 23 nov. 2021 à 12 h 40
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Hey, i can now add Kulak to the list of injured Habs this season, it's the gift that keeps on giving. At least Allen is back

there is...

Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield, Drouin, Dvorak, Anderson, Evans (i think), Gallagher, Hoffman, Paquette, Perreault, Kulak, Price, Allen, Petry, Edmundson, Weber, Byron, Poehling, Norlinder, Niku
are there more? thats already a HUGE list
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2021 à 12 h 37
Quoting: Zuki9797
there is...

Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield, Drouin, Dvorak, Anderson, Evans (i think), Gallagher, Hoffman, Paquette, Perreault, Kulak, Price, Allen, Petry, Edmundson
are there more? thats already a HUGE list

Toffoli was never injured I think, you forgot Byron, Poehling was injured while in the AHL, Weber technically, Norlinder and Niku too were injured
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
23 nov. 2021 à 12 h 40
v5 CBJ GM
Toffoli was never injured I think, you forgot Byron, Poehling was injured while in the AHL, Weber technically, Norlinder and Niku too were injured

i think toffoli had an injury in the preseason but i might be wrong
byron poehling weber norlinder niku i totally forgot about
24 nov. 2021 à 12 h 24
v5 CBJ GM
"Head coach Dominique Ducharme indicated that the following players would be game-time decisions: Cédric Paquette, Michael Pezzetta, Mattias Norliner, and Sami Niku."

why
SevenLeg et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2021 à 12 h 30
"Head coach Dominique Ducharme indicated that the following players would be game-time decisions: Cédric Paquette, Michael Pezzetta, Mattias Norliner, and Sami Niku."

why

Welp, if Pezzetta misses due to injury, that's another one for the list. Maybe he means the 12th forward and 6th D spot isn't decided yet?
zk97 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2021 à 12 h 32
v5 CBJ GM
Welp, if Pezzetta misses due to injury, that's another one for the list. Maybe he means the 12th forward and 6th D spot isn't decided yet?

im hoping thats what it is
i think paquette is for injury reasons but i dunno about everyone else
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 nov. 2021 à 12 h 33
Hop on the Slaftrain
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
. Maybe he means the 12th forward and 6th D spot isn't decided yet?

That's what I think too
A_Habs_fan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
25 nov. 2021 à 13 h 32
v5 CBJ GM
25 nov. 2021 à 23 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I just noticed that it’s been 13 games since I watched any part of a habs game, other than highlights, Pezzetta’s NHL debut, or the 1st period of Norlinder’s NHL debut. And I watched the entirety of all 78 games last year. I think it’s a mix of the team being miserable, and having fatigue from all of the games last year. And there’s no KK or Carey, so games aren’t as fun to watch.

I mean after the playoff run last year, and with no new/unknown players, I feel like I’ve seen all there is to see, and all the games (even before the habs were clearly not making the playoffs) felt meaningless in comparison to the playoffs. I no longer care about anyone on the team’s individual stats, which is a mindset I adopted a bit in the playoffs.

Also I watched every single game in the 2020 playoffs, and after that I think I’ve lost most of my appetite to watch any team other than the habs. Maybe it’s partially because of the fact that Tampa Bay has won the last 2 years as well.

For the last 2 seasons (18-19 & 19-20) I’ve made detailed notes on every single habs game, writing down every goal, and every lineup configuration, in every situation. This year my appetite for this has been so low that I ended up stopping it completely after the 2nd regular season game. And maybe this is part of why I’m feeling disconnected, because I don’t have the appetite to get invested in the lines every single tiny roster move like I was last year. (Actually, I think a major part of my disinterest is because the habs are operating in LTIR for all of this year, so creating a spreadsheet and monitoring their daily cap hit like I did last season is completely useless now.)

And now I’ve paid $180 to watch the habs win twice and proceed lose all interest in the season. I guess I’ll probably watch Edmonton and Florida in the playoffs, but what an absolute waste of money that was.

Well if you read even part of this, I’m sorry you had to read my random incoherent rambling into the void that really has no direction, point, or any sort of value to anyone else who is reading this. I should probably just go to bed.
SevenLeg, nickthehabsfan, A_Habs_fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2021 à 16 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
So now that Bergevin & Timmins are gone, what are the odds that Mailloux gets fired into the sun?
lucal2228, zk97 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2021 à 16 h 21
was lebronisdagoat
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 265

The Canadiens have announced changes within the organization's hockey operations department.https://t.co/N6bAn7FwIb

— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) November 28, 2021
Kotkaniemi15 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2021 à 16 h 25
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So now that Bergevin & Timmins are gone, what are the odds that Mailloux gets fired into the sun?

None

They won't just let a good prospect go away. He's exactly the kind of player we need eventually and he has lots of room to grow on the ice and off the ice
zk97, lucal2228 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2021 à 17 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: SevenLeg
None

They won't just let a good prospect go away. He's exactly the kind of player we need eventually and he has lots of room to grow on the ice and off the ice

If he were a decent person then sure. He didn’t show remorse even months after his crime, and I have a very hard time believing that someone like that will change his ways. (Nor do I think 2 years is even enough time to change your ways for someone like that.) And if/when he doesn’t show that he’s changed, the new management won’t cater to a garbage human who they have nothing to do with acquiring. Or maybe I have too much faith in people.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2021 à 18 h 22
Hop on the Slaftrain
If he were a decent person then sure. He didn’t show remorse even months after his crime, and I have a very hard time believing that someone like that will change his ways. (Nor do I think 2 years is even enough time to change your ways for someone like that.) And if/when he doesn’t show that he’s changed, the new management won’t cater to a garbage human who they have nothing to do with acquiring. Or maybe I have too much faith in people.

You know how many teenagers of that age share such pictures? I'd even bet a bunch of established NHLers have done the same thing without getting caught. It's a very bad act but it is very common among young adults, Mailloux just happened to be famous.

And asking not be drafted to work on himself seem like a good start to redemption, the Habs just didn't respect his decision.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
28 nov. 2021 à 18 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: SevenLeg
You know how many teenagers of that age share such pictures? I'd even bet a bunch of established NHLers have done the same thing without getting caught. It's a very bad act but it is very common among young adults, Mailloux just happened to be famous.

And asking not be drafted to work on himself seem like a good start to redemption, the Habs just didn't respect his decision.

And I’d have the same opinion of Mailloux if he was some random person working a minimum wage job. People like him don’t deserve opportunities to have any sort of success until they re-teach their brains into being good people, no matter their situation.

The victim didn’t believe that his apology was genuine, and the asking not to get drafted was clearly just a publicity stunt likely spearheaded by his agent.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 nov. 2021 à 15 h 4
v5 CBJ GM
Habs lines at practice dont mind my advertising lmao
i dont think we're gonna like this
1 déc. 2021 à 18 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
I just listened to the latest episode of Allan Walsh’s podcast, where they were talking to Max Pacioretty.

https://youtu.be/0471jr_N5hI
https://podcasts.apple.com/mo/podcast/agent-provocateur-with-allan-walsh-and-adam-wylde/id1591867686

Max is such a smart guy, and there was a lot of insightful talk about Montréal and his time there that made me bawling my eyes out
1 déc. 2021 à 18 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

Please send him down, please send him down. 🤞

Not only to get him away from Ducharme and a bad team, but also so I can watch him play on Sunday.
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2021 à 19 h 25
v5 CBJ GM

Please send him down, please send him down. 🤞

Not only to get him away from Ducharme and a bad team, but also so I can watch him play on Sunday.

personally i dont want him sent down but its probably whats best for him
but i wonder what they do with poehling

my thought is send caufield down, then when he's ready to come back up send paquette down
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
2 déc. 2021 à 6 h 28

Well Sh*t
2 déc. 2021 à 12 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
personally i dont want him sent down but its probably whats best for him
but i wonder what they do with poehling

my thought is send caufield down, then when he's ready to come back up send paquette down

I mean I’d much rather him play for Laval than play on the 4th line like he will tonight. (Although the fact that he’s on the 4th line likely shows that he was on track to get sent down before Gallagher was put on COVID protocol)
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
2 déc. 2021 à 12 h 5
v5 CBJ GM
I mean I’d much rather him play for Laval than play on the 4th line like he will tonight. (Although the fact that he’s on the 4th line likely shows that he was on track to get sent down before Gallagher was put on COVID protocol)

fourth line caufield is a big nono
gally in covid protocol damn
2 déc. 2021 à 12 h 7
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,267

Caufield should go down to Laval. Call up Belzile or any other Veteran and give Caufield top minutes. Enough of this BS. Norlinder is in NA to sit in the stands. Ducharme should be fired right now for his treatment of the young players.

You can look back in the playoffs and see the same thing

- Romanov scratched the entire playoffs even when the bottom pairing wasn't even playing because they weren't good enough.

- Kotkaniemi scratched in Finals

- Caufield scratched at the beginning of the playoffs.

He's one of the worst coaches I've seen since I started following the Habs
Kotkaniemi15, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 déc. 2021 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

Pezzetta - Perreault - Caufield is a weird line, lol.
A_Habs_fan et lucal2228 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage