SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

What would it take to pull off a BLOCKBUSTER?!?

Créé par: Mr_cap
Équipe: 2016-17 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 2 mars 2017
Publié: 2 mars 2017
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is obviously just hypothetical but if you look at past cup winners they all have their #1 Dman who can do pretty much everything and play 30 mins a night in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh (2016)- Letang
Chicago (15)- Keith
L.A (14)- Doughty
Chicago (13)- Keith
L.A (12)- Doughty
Boston (11)- Chara

etc...

So with that being said... that's what the Leafs need. Reilly is an amazing Dman but so far he hasn't shown that he is capable enough of carrying that load.

Is this enough or not even close?

Idk what I would think of this personally, but I can see where this wouldn't be even close to fair for the Panthers.
Transactions
TOR
  1. Ekblad, Aaron
Détails additionnels:
The reason why he is so expensive is because they're aren't too many RHD franchise Dman.
FLA
  1. Leipsic, Brendan
  2. Rielly, Morgan
  3. Rychel, Kerby
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2017 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
They would probably want another top Dman in return. So added would be one of Toronto's top prospects (Leipsic). Rychel is sort of a throw in for them, but at the same time he's a low risk-high reward player.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de SJS
Logo de OTT
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de ARI
Logo de TOR
Logo de ANA
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2373 000 000 $56 732 000 $512 000 $8 615 000 $16 268 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
C
UFA - 3
686 667 $686 667 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
736 666 $736 666 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
AD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
UFA - 3
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 2
4 200 000 $4 200 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 5
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 4
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 mars 2017 à 17 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,636
If you (and anyone) starts making these deals...let's do it with the 2017/18 roster.
I guess the question has to be asked is Ekblad a franchise player? He seemed to be one that might be in his first two years in the NHL. Apparently no so much now. 7.5m a year for guys coming off their ELCs. If that's the Leafs position are RFAs, what do Nylander, Marner and Matthews get.
But the trade, Rychel and Leipsic in Florida's view aren't NHLers. If 22 year old Leipisic is so good why isn't he a Leaf? So now it's really Ekblad for Reilly. If Ekblad improves, maybe the 2.5m in pay isn't significant. If he has plateaued (maybe like Reilly) maybe it isn't such a a great deal for the Leafs.
2 mars 2017 à 17 h 14
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Meh trade, but man leaf fans are so impatient, this guy is only 22, Letang took some time to become the player he is today, the same is gonna be with Rielly.

Rielly is also playing the hardest minutes out of any of the leafs defenders, he plays way tougher minutes than Ekblad, infact Ekblad plays the easiest minutes in Florida for all dmen, just some food for thought...
2 mars 2017 à 17 h 16
Démarrer sujet
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Quoting: palhal
If you (and anyone) starts making these deals...let's do it with the 2017/18 roster.
I guess the question has to be asked is Ekblad a franchise player? He seemed to be one that might be in his first two years in the NHL. Apparently no so much now. 7.5m a year for guys coming off their ELCs. If that's the Leafs position are RFAs, what do Nylander, Marner and Matthews get.
But the trade, Rychel and Leipsic in Florida's view aren't NHLers. If 22 year old Leipisic is so good why isn't he a Leaf? So now it's really Ekblad for Reilly. If Ekblad improves, maybe the 2.5m in pay isn't significant. If he has plateaued (maybe like Reilly) maybe it isn't such a a great deal for the Leafs.

He is without a doubt a franchise Dman. You have to watch him play to fully understand what type of player he is. He's not a guy that puts up numbers like crazy (granted he's 20/21- and having a bit of a down season) but it's the same with Kieth whereas people might not suspect that he's one of the best Dman ever because of his number game but if you watch him, he dominates everywhere on the ice. And c'mon man you can't just say that because he's not in the NHL, he's not good. He is in fact very good. The Leafs have a glut of forwards and that's what keeps players like him and Kapanen stuck behind the log jam. There has to be great combo's and great chemistry on each line. If you just take Kapanen, and Leipsic and Johnson, etc... and put them on the third/fourth line it's not gonna be automatic.
2 mars 2017 à 17 h 18
Démarrer sujet
NBABound
Quoting: gunshot125
Meh trade, but man leaf fans are so impatient, this guy is only 22, Letang took some time to become the player he is today, the same is gonna be with Rielly.

Rielly is also playing the hardest minutes out of any of the leafs defenders, he plays way tougher minutes than Ekblad, infact Ekblad plays the easiest minutes in Florida for all dmen, just some food for thought...

I don't think you read the description. I can highlight the word "hypothetical" for you if you want.
2 mars 2017 à 18 h 16
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Quoting: Mr_cap

He is without a doubt a franchise Dman. You have to watch him play to fully understand what type of player he is. He's not a guy that puts up numbers like crazy (granted he's 20/21- and having a bit of a down season) but it's the same with Kieth whereas people might not suspect that he's one of the best Dman ever because of his number game but if you watch him, he dominates everywhere on the ice. And c'mon man you can't just say that because he's not in the NHL, he's not good. He is in fact very good. The Leafs have a glut of forwards and that's what keeps players like him and Kapanen stuck behind the log jam. There has to be great combo's and great chemistry on each line. If you just take Kapanen, and Leipsic and Johnson, etc... and put them on the third/fourth line it's not gonna be automatic.

Other GMs know about the logjam so they aren't going to over pay to get them or value them higher just because they are good. Most people will just wait until the Leafs can't resign them and they walk..
2 mars 2017 à 18 h 57
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Nate: I'm think the Leaf can probably handle 3 high priced forwards....Nylander, Matthews and Marner for about 20m (todays cap). After all the Hawks, Pens and even the Flyers have managed it. One reason I think it's silly talk about overpaying JVR when he becomes a UFA. I guess why will know in 7 years whether Ekblad's 7.5m deal is good $$$ for whatever team owns him. I just wouldn't be willing to take that change and now have about 28m taken up in 4 guys. Eckblad to me hasn't proved he's THAT good.

Mr.Cap. Kapanen isn't stuck in a log jam. He's 20 years old getting big minutes in the AHL (before his injury). He's apparently back tonite. So let's not use the log jam argument with him. What a really don't understand about Leipsic is why he isn't up with the Leafs instead of Soshnikov if Leipsic is really NHL good. Soshnikov one goal this year, and Leipsic can't beat him out for a roster spot? Both are eligible to go and down from the Leafs to the Marlies. When real NHL GMs see that irregularity , I think they doubt the NHL potential of Leipsic. Points, goals are almost meaningless in the AHL when thinking if guys is an NHLer. We at least me have seen hundreds maybe thousands of great AHLers not having any NHL impact at all. That been said, for Leafs and Leipsic sake, I hope he is a better than NHLer with the Leafs.
2 mars 2017 à 19 h 8
Démarrer sujet
NBABound
Nate: I'm think the Leaf can probably handle 3 high priced forwards....Nylander, Matthews and Marner for about 20m (todays cap). After all the Hawks, Pens and even the Flyers have managed it. One reason I think it's silly talk about overpaying JVR when he becomes a UFA. I guess why will know in 7 years whether Ekblad's 7.5m deal is good $$$ for whatever team owns him. I just wouldn't be willing to take that change and now have about 28m taken up in 4 guys. Eckblad to me hasn't proved he's THAT good.

Mr.Cap. Kapanen isn't stuck in a log jam. He's 20 years old getting big minutes in the AHL (before his injury). He's apparently back tonite. So let's not use the log jam argument with him. What a really don't understand about Leipsic is why he isn't up with the Leafs instead of Soshnikov if Leipsic is really NHL good. Soshnikov one goal this year, and Leipsic can't beat him out for a roster spot? Both are eligible to go and down from the Leafs to the Marlies. When real NHL GMs see that irregularity , I think they doubt the NHL potential of Leipsic. Points, goals are almost meaningless in the AHL when thinking if guys is an NHLer. We at least me have seen hundreds maybe thousands of great AHLers not having any NHL impact at all. That been said, for Leafs and Leipsic sake, I hope he is a better than NHLer with the Leafs.

Oh my, man c'mon... again. Stop with this. It's not all about points, like I said chemistry and all the other stuff that comes along with it is the reason why he is not up. Soshnikov is a good player, doesn't put up points because he doesn't have the hockey smarts to do it like all of the other high scoring players. I see him being like a Komarov in terms of play ability. Like it or not, their is a real log jam at the forward position. Also, Babs probably likes what he has to make a playoff push. Bringing him up would mean they would force him into play almost 3/4 quarters in the season and it would maybe affect the team. Stick what they have since they are on a playoff push with really good players and re-evaluate at camp. It's not only about the points. It's about the hockey sense and smarts which separates players.

{Edit}: The last part I meant to say... "It's not only about the points".
2 mars 2017 à 23 h 32
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Me stop it. Stop with knowing that Leipsic is going to be an NHL forward. At least give be honest and think that after 3 years in the minors and playing there is doubt that he is a sure fire NHLer. There is doubt if his an NHLer certainly by the Leafs and certainly by any NHL willingly to trade for him. Don't you think at some time during the season if had been better than Sosh or Smith or Gauthier he would have seen ice time with the Leafs. There is even doubt about this phathom franchise tag on Ekblad. Quite the stretch to right now to put in the category of Dmen you listed above.
2 mars 2017 à 23 h 50
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 362
i live in Saskatchewan. even i know more about the leafs compared to leaf expert mr cap and his constant inaccurate accounts of the maple leafs talents and nhl players in general.
3 mars 2017 à 15 h 17
Démarrer sujet
NBABound
Me stop it. Stop with knowing that Leipsic is going to be an NHL forward. At least give be honest and think that after 3 years in the minors and playing there is doubt that he is a sure fire NHLer. There is doubt if his an NHLer certainly by the Leafs and certainly by any NHL willingly to trade for him. Don't you think at some time during the season if had been better than Sosh or Smith or Gauthier he would have seen ice time with the Leafs. There is even doubt about this phathom franchise tag on Ekblad. Quite the stretch to right now to put in the category of Dmen you listed above.

Have you watched Ekblad? He's dominant everywhere on the ice. I don't even know why I'm arguing with you on this.

Quoting: clark
i live in Saskatchewan. even i know more about the leafs compared to leaf expert mr cap and his constant inaccurate accounts of the maple leafs talents and nhl players in general.

That's pretty funny. I'd like examples please.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage