Forums/Armchair-GM

How the Wild can fit both Kaprizov and Hertl

Créé par: BallPuckFellow10
Équipe: 2021-22 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 15 sept. 2021
Publié: 15 sept. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Next summer, the Wild will have $8.3M in cap space including Hertl's extension at $7.5M and the salary cap ceiling increasing to $82.5M. They will have some major decisions to make regarding players like Fiala, Greenway and Dumba. They will also have to replace Goligoski in the top 4 unless he resigns on a really team friendly deal. He will be 37 next year, so maybe the smartest thing would be to move on from him anyways. Zucarello is interesting as well. Next summer, his NMC changes to a M-NTC that includes him selecting a 10 team no-trade list. He is due a $3M signing bonus on the first day of free agency, but after that his salary in ''only'' $4.5M for that season, and the year after he is due a signing bonus of $2M with his salary only being $3M. Zuccarello is a very popular guy, and I am sure Wild fans would be sad to see him go, but I think if there is a possibility to move him so that you can keep both Fiala and Greenway, you do it. His contract is actually not as untradeable as many think. If the Wild have him on the books for when the signing bonus is due at the start of next free agency, he will ''only'' be due $9.5M in actual dollars while his AAV over the remainder of his contract is $12M combined. For teams with a lot of cap space, that might be interesting. I would assume that his M-NTC would include all Canadian teams, as that usually is what players include on those types of clauses. The three remaining ones would likely be Arizona, Buffalo and Detroit. This could very well change if one of these teams drastically becomes better and an interesting destination. I look at a team like Anaheim as a possible suitor for Zuccarello. They will most likely trade both Rakell and Manson at the TDL, which means that the only big contract they have to sign next summer will be Lindholm. Their projected cap hit next season is only $37M which is close to being $25M under the floor. The Ducks would definitely be able to fit Zuccarello on their roster if the Wild gave them something as a sweetener to take him.

Rossi is someone that likely makes the team next year. He will most likely get the chance to start the season as the WIld's 3C. Hertl and Eriksson Ek will take pressure off him playing the heavier minutes, so he should be able to find his way in the NHL pretty quickly I imagine. Another detail which I think is worth mentioning is that I don't think Minnesota will burn a year on his contract this up coming season. He will likely get a few games to get a taste of the NHL, but not enough to burn a year off his deal. It will be crucial as he potentially could be a player with big impact during the years when the Parise/Suter buyouts will be expensive.

Next summer the Wild have to address the following things:
- Is it possible to move Zuccarello?
- What to do with Dumba?
- Resigning Fiala.
- Resigning Greenway.
- Sign a top four LD.
- Solve backup situation.

If the Wild can move Zuccarello, I really think they should, even if it costs a good prospect/pick. That would free up $6M in cap space which would increase their cap flexibility to $14.3M. I also think they should try to move Dumba if Addison impresses and is ready for a top four role. He could be partnered with one of the best defensive defenseman in the league in Brodin. The Wild would likely get some nice assets back for Dumba as he is a right shot, top four defenseman, something that is very attractive for many teams around the league. I am looking at a team like Washington that likely will want to replace Schultz, or Carolina if the Deangelo experiment doesn't work. Dallas could also be a suitor if Klingberg prices himself out there, and even Toronto if Rielly does the same. if the Wild manage to move both Zuccarelo and Dumba, they will be left with $20.3M in cap space.

Fiala's cap hit would likely come in at around $6M, just like Zuccarello is on now. I am not going to speculate too much into how many years the deal will be, but it will definitely cover them for those 3 years when the Parise/Suter buyouts become really costly. If the Wild can't move Zuccarello, then Fiala most likely is gone, which again would mean that Minnesota would gain valuable assets.

I am not sure what a potential Greenway contract would look like, but I think something around the $3.5M range. The contract would also cover the Wild for those 3 years when the buyout money spikes.

The Wild would in this situation be left with $10.8M to sign a top four LD, sign a backup, sign two fourth liners, a third pair RD and three depth players. The depth players are easy. one defenseman and two forwards for league minimum would combined cost $2.25M. The two fourth liners which could be Sturm and Bjugstad would likely come in at a combined cost of $2M. The third pairing RD could cost anywhere from league minimum to $1.25M in my opinion. If you add all this up the Wild would be left with $5.3M to find a top four LD and a backup. I would imagine that the wild try to resign Kähkönen as him and Wallstedt are their future in this position. I could see them giving him up to $2.3M for maybe three years which would leave them with pretty much exactly $3M to find that defenseman. I don't think Lambos will be ready yet, so I could se them spending that on someone from free agency or someone they acquired via a trade.

The Wild's potential lineup in 2022-2023 could be:

Kaprizov-Hertl-Zuccarello/Fiala
Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Foligno
Boldy-Rossi-Hartman
Sturm-Gaudreau-Bjugstad

New LD-Spurgeon
Brodin-Addison
Kulikov-New RD

Talbot
Kähkönen

Let me know what you think. Should Minnesota go after Hertl?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
59 500 000 $
Transactions
MIN
  1. Hertl, Tomas
Détails additionnels:
Signs $7.5M x 6 years extension.
SJS
  1. Beckman, Adam
  2. Khusnutdinov, Marat [Liste de réserve]
  3. Rask, Victor
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (MIN)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $80 211 088 $0 $732 500 $1 288 912 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 5
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
UFA - 8
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 1
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 sept. 2021 à 18 h 56
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 98
I'd happily accept this Hertl deal.
BallPuckFellow10, OldNYIfan et yikes a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 18 h 57
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Love the effort in the team explanation
BallPuckFellow10, OldNYIfan et yikes a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 18 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 471
Quoting: capsfan2121
Love the effort in the team explanation

Thank you!
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 18 h 58
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
{Let me know what you think. Should Minnesota go after Hertl?}

If that's what it costs for Hertl and Kaprizov, hell, yeah.
BallPuckFellow10 et OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 5
Quoting: OldNYIfan
{Let me know what you think. Should Minnesota go after Hertl?}

If that's what it costs for Hertl and Kaprizov, hell, yeah.

I'm biased as Khus was my pick for SJ last year in the 1st round and Beckman is a really underrated prospect. The 1st might be lower first round but its a super deep draft.
OldNYIfan, BallPuckFellow10, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
I wouldn't go near that trade if I'm MN. This isn't a team that is a lock for the Playoffs, so that that could be a high 1st + 2 prospects. Prospects that are going to be needed to help them get past the $14m x 3 of dead cap MN is looking at starting next season.
MNCountryClub a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 15
Quoting: wabit
I wouldn't go near that trade if I'm MN. This isn't a team that is a lock for the Playoffs, so that that could be a high 1st + 2 prospects. Prospects that are going to be needed to help them get past the $14m x 3 of dead cap MN is looking at starting next season.

Sj wants a top prospect so they could demand Boldy. Khus and Beck are not top prospects so it would take two to get Hertl. Beckman and Khus are both positions of need, it makes sense in the end but I think SJ would want Boldy particularly if he is extended first.
15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 32

I disagree. In definitely think this roster is good enough to make the playoffs in the central nvm the entire west. I think the Wild are set up to cope without the first round pick and those two prospects I included in the deal. But I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.
krakowitz, yikes, Jupetto and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 31
Quoting: Jupetto
Sj wants a top prospect so they could demand Boldy. Khus and Beck are not top prospects so it would take two to get Hertl. Beckman and Khus are both positions of need, it makes sense in the end but I think SJ would want Boldy particularly if he is extended first.

Sign and trades don't happen in the NHL. Hertl's value is that of a rental, nothing more. I see no incentive for Hertl to sign a new deal with MN: not a great tax state, huge cap issues, and not a Cup caliber team.

A 1st + Khovanov/Beckman near the TDL, if MN is in the Playoffs, is about the most I'd offer. Trading a 1st now just seems like it'll end up as another EK or Duchene trade that ends up costing the team giving up the pick a very high 1st.

Nothing can be done until Kaprizov re-signs. His deal essentially sets the course for the Wild over the next few years.
15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 32
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387

Minnesota's system is underrated as a whole. I definitely think it's deep enough to withstand losing those guys since they've got Boldy and Rossi who should be stepping in very shortly. Sending off Marat and Beckman to get Hertl and setting them up long term down the middle is an easy decision for the Wild to make. This makes a ton of sense for them.
BallPuckFellow10, yikes et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 19 h 45
Quoting: BallPuckFellow10
I disagree. In definitely think this roster is good enough to make the playoffs in the central nvm the entire west. I think the Wild are set up to cope without the first and those two prospects I included in the deal. But I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

MN took a big hit in their d-corps this offseason. The quality depth is gone and they are an oft injured group. Spurgeon lost his blankie and declined last season.

Both of their goalies were pretty bad down the stretch to the Playoffs. They aren't playing in most of their games vs awful teams like they did last year either.

AZ and NSH are the only teams in the Central that I'm can comfortably say this team is better than. I have COL, WIN, and DAL as better than this team.
MNCountryClub a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 20 h 13
Démarrer sujet
MN took a big hit in their d-corps this offseason. The quality depth is gone and they are an oft injured group. Spurgeon lost his blankie and declined last season.

Both of their goalies were pretty bad down the stretch to the Playoffs. They aren't playing in most of their games vs awful teams like they did last year either.

AZ and NSH are the only teams in the Central that I'm can comfortably say this team is better than. I have COL, WIN, and DAL as better than this team.

Like I said, we completely differ in opinion here so we will have to agree to disagree. I think this roster in on par or better with everyone in their division other than Colorado or Winnipeg who I have ahead. Dallas roster is most certainly not comfortably better than this one.
Jupetto et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 20 h 17
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
I agree with the general idea of whats above - its pricey but if the Wild can work it I think the Sharks should be down.
BallPuckFellow10 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 20 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,154
Might want to check to see how Marat's season is going first to packing him off
(its going well)
15 sept. 2021 à 20 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
Toss in Greenway as well, and you'll have my running trade offer proposal for Hertl as long as he comes with the extension.

As long as he's included, then the Wild should be able to afford the Hertl extension.

Rask
Greenway
Khusnutdinov
Beckman
2022 1st
15 sept. 2021 à 20 h 34
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Might want to check to see how Marat's season is going first to packing him off
(its going well)

Oh, I'm aware. But as a Wild fan I would still be comfortable doing it. Even though I love Marat Khusnutdinov as a prospect. The kid has near Mackinnon level speed and is only getting better and better. But the guy I personally comp Marat to is.... Hertl. Hertl to me is what Khusnutdinov likely ends up as, just faster. It'll probably take Khusnutdinov 4-5 years just to get to be the same level of player as Hertl is now.

In this instance, I think it’s okay to move out the future potential for the currently finished product.
BallPuckFellow10 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 21 h 24
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
I agree with most of your assessment on this. I do think Hertl costs a bit more in trade. Possibly add in Greenway. I know Khusnutdinov is good so maybe he can carry this trade.
I expect Wild to try and re-sign Goligoski to a team friendly deal, but I've heard it speculated that the Wild believe Lambos is closer than most would think.
BallPuckFellow10 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 21 h 26
Quoting: RazWild
Toss in Greenway as well, and you'll have my running trade offer proposal for Hertl as long as he comes with the extension.

As long as he's included, then the Wild should be able to afford the Hertl extension.

Rask
Greenway
Khusnutdinov
Beckman
2022 1st

Greenway isn't really needed. We're looking good for wingers for the foreseeable future. Not a knock on his game, he has improved and looks good so I wouldn't complain necessarily.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 22 h 5
Greenway isn't really needed. We're looking good for wingers for the foreseeable future. Not a knock on his game, he has improved and looks good so I wouldn't complain necessarily.

If Kane goes, either through contract termination... (unlikely at this point), or by buyout. Greenway would be a viable replacement for him. Sharks don't really have anyone who can just replace him right off the bat.

Blichfeld is solid but isn't ready for that type of role in the NHL yet. Besides, Greenway is better.

Bordeleau will be better, without question, but I don't reasonably see him making the roster for at least another season or two. Despite the hype around him.

Adding Greenway makes sense, if for no other reason than he's a asset that can be used to get a healthy return further down the line. I'd say his value is probably around a low 1st on his own right now.

Why on earth would DW turn down that kind of additional value?
Jupetto a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 22 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,891

I’m with you on this one. The team here is decent, but it’s just another variation of a 1st/2nd round exit. With the impending cap hits, this is ultimately just snowballing the issues and punting it down the road by a year. Pretending we can be competitive with over 13M in dead cap is just naive.
16 sept. 2021 à 9 h 1
If Kane goes, either through contract termination... (unlikely at this point), or by buyout. Greenway would be a viable replacement for him. Sharks don't really have anyone who can just replace him right off the bat.

Blichfeld is solid but isn't ready for that type of role in the NHL yet. Besides, Greenway is better.

Bordeleau will be better, without question, but I don't reasonably see him making the roster for at least another season or two. Despite the hype around him.

Adding Greenway makes sense, if for no other reason than he's a asset that can be used to get a healthy return further down the line. I'd say his value is probably around a low 1st on his own right now.

thats a fair point but most indications are that Kane is playing. We have Dahlen signed to a one-way deal and frankly I cant wait to see what he does in teal.
16 sept. 2021 à 11 h 22
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 16 sept. 2021 à 11 h 28

thats a fair point but most indications are that Kane is playing. We have Dahlen signed to a one-way deal and frankly I cant wait to see what he does in teal.

Greenway as a toss in is a steal for the Sharks. If the above trade happens with greenway too I’d honestly forgive so much of the failures of the Sharks management recently. That would be an unreal trade.

Greenway honestly is a amazing addition, he’s not a high end player but he holds a lot of potential. Like he’s an analytic sweetheart this year (I believe if I remember correctly).

If he can keep his game developing into a power forward like what Meier is tryna be and what Kane is then Greenway shouldn’t be slept on. Plus if we trade Meier or Labanc (not saying either is or should happen but he’s a quality replacement).

Honestly I wouldn’t do if I was the Wild from a subjective stand point but objectively if what the poster suggested all works out and Hertl comes in this would make the Wild formidable. Especially if Rossi comes in with Boldy both on ELCs give the Wild a disgusting lineup.
Bias_it_self a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage