Forums/Armchair-GM

Strome Trade

Créé par: Roysboy72
Équipe: 2021-22 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 14 sept. 2021
Publié: 14 sept. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I see people selling Strome off for these kinds of deals, and I feel like at this value it's a steal.
I can already hear people saying "He doesn't fit the timeline", "He's an expiring UFA", and "He's only good because of Panarin". Relax, he's young enough that he's in his prime yet can still be a veteran presence, and I can see him re-signing here if he enjoys it and Yzerman works his silver tongue. If he doesn't plan on re-signing, sell him off at the deadline. If he does, the team is better for it (he's a right shot top 6 center, which fills a need). The team looks to be turning a corner, and we can't bank on tanking and just getting handed Shane Wright.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2875 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Pearson, Chase
  2. Sebrango, Donovan
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (DET)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de WSH
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de COL
Logo de VGK
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $63 135 556 $0 $1 700 000 $18 364 444 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 1
2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Rangers de New York
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 460 000 $1 460 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 3
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 sept. 2021 à 11 h 52
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 138
Wut
14 sept. 2021 à 12 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,515
Drury laughs so hard he wets himself and then hangs up the phone. Not even close for Strome.
14 sept. 2021 à 12 h 5
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,213
I like strome but hes gonna be 29 in the offseason and a ufa so he is going to want to cash in best he can. I dont see that being detroit.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 12 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,293
Strome is overrated but not that overrated, awful for the Rags
aedoran a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
yippee
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,171
Quoting: delneggs
Drury laughs so hard he wets himself and then hangs up the phone. Not even close for Strome.

Yeah, I've seen a few ACGMs with Strome deals at this kind of value and nobody in the comments cared a single bit. I even saw somebody call Strome a "mediocre 3C" recently. I don't get it, so I made this one to gauge the reaction (both on Strome's value and DET interest). I'm relieved that I'm not insane and Strome really is worth something.
14 sept. 2021 à 12 h 31
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 439
Strome would definitely be a sell-high candidate for NYR. He had the best year of his career last year numbers-wise, with a sustainable shooting percentage, but his linemates definitely helped out for sure. His on-ice shooting percentage (the shooting percentage for the entire team while he was on ice) was way above average (league average, and his career average). He also played a very sheltered role last year in comparison to his previous years (61% ozone start rate, which probably had something to do with his linemates). Also, over a 1/3 of his points came on the power play (again, most likely linemate driven).

If comparing with others, he'd be an older version of Vincent Trocheck (Trocheck is about 2 years younger, and scores at a much higher rate). Trocheck brought back Erik Haula, Eetu Luostarinen, Chase Priskie and Lucas Wallmark for FLA, which isn't very much (of them, only Haula and Luostarinen spent any significant time in the NHL last year). The trade listed above is similar to the Trocheck trade (maybe swap out the pick for another prospect) but is still very underwhelming. NYR shouldn't expect much return for Strome, especially going into his UFA year. They'd be better off keeping him unless they are way out of the playoff race (and still don't expect much of a return at the TDL).

To further the conversation, DET should in no way be looking at Strome. He's at best a middling 2C, or a good 3C, and is very linemate-dependent. At 29, he's already on the downside of his peak.
14 sept. 2021 à 14 h 0
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,852
Quoting: TMarch
Strome would definitely be a sell-high candidate for NYR. He had the best year of his career last year numbers-wise, with a sustainable shooting percentage, but his linemates definitely helped out for sure. His on-ice shooting percentage (the shooting percentage for the entire team while he was on ice) was way above average (league average, and his career average). He also played a very sheltered role last year in comparison to his previous years (61% ozone start rate, which probably had something to do with his linemates). Also, over a 1/3 of his points came on the power play (again, most likely linemate driven).

If comparing with others, he'd be an older version of Vincent Trocheck (Trocheck is about 2 years younger, and scores at a much higher rate). Trocheck brought back Erik Haula, Eetu Luostarinen, Chase Priskie and Lucas Wallmark for FLA, which isn't very much (of them, only Haula and Luostarinen spent any significant time in the NHL last year). The trade listed above is similar to the Trocheck trade (maybe swap out the pick for another prospect) but is still very underwhelming. NYR shouldn't expect much return for Strome, especially going into his UFA year. They'd be better off keeping him unless they are way out of the playoff race (and still don't expect much of a return at the TDL).

To further the conversation, DET should in no way be looking at Strome. He's at best a middling 2C, or a good 3C, and is very linemate-dependent. At 29, he's already on the downside of his peak.

This guy makes the points I was going to make. Detroit shouldn't be interested in strome, he doesn't do that good without panarin. Plus he's too old for Detroit.
14 sept. 2021 à 14 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,852

What would you expect strome to return?
aedoran a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 14 h 58
Quoting: Lancebmx
What would you expect strome to return?

I don't expect he will be traded to start. The Rangers are not going to trade for Eichel because of Buffalo's ridicules trade demands, so I see the Rangers signing him again. People can say whatever they want about the kid, but on the Rangers he is a 60+ point 2C that has good chemistry with their best player. Unless Strome asks for an outrageous salary or term, I think he will stay in NYC. He likes the team and obviously likes playing with Panarin. BUT...if he were to be traded, there is no reason to trade him for less than a legit 60+ point 2C would get, and a 3rd round pick and two prospects ain't it. The conversation starts with a 1st round pick plus other assets.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 35
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 38

I mean... Drury has made some questionable trades already...
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 55
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,900
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Strome is overrated but not that overrated, awful for the Rags

I agree but Strome to Detroit makes no sense.
Jfstompers et BStinson a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,293
Quoting: aedoran
I agree but Strome to Detroit makes no sense.

For the Rangers sure, at that price you just take him and flip at the deadline for actual value
BStinson a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 18 h 1
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,900
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
For the Rangers sure, at that price you just take him and flip at the deadline for actual value

Ok but there is no way the Ranger's let him go at that price.
Ledge_And_Dairy et BStinson a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 31
Quoting: VancLOSERCaSUCKS
I mean... Drury has made some questionable trades already...

He didn't get enough for Buchnevich, that is for sure, but that was driven by future cap issues (signing Fox and Mika). I have no problem with a 3rd round pick for Reaves.
15 sept. 2021 à 13 h 37
Tspky
Mentions "j'aime": 980
Rangers best bet is to wait until the deadline and sell him at half retain. Potentially the same with Zibanejad depending on how their season goes. By then Strome will go to the highest bidder which will probably end up being a 1st round pick or a 2nd and a prospect. The deal I would make now is with Ottawa for their 2nd rounder and Logan Brown. This deal shown doesn’t move the needle for the rangers at all as it doesn’t fit their needs.
15 sept. 2021 à 14 h 18
He didn't get enough for Buchnevich, that is for sure, but that was driven by future cap issues (signing Fox and Mika). I have no problem with a 3rd round pick for Reaves.

Your future cap issues is driven from paying a 4th liner (Goodrow) to 6 yrs x $3.641 mil/yr, a third pair dman for 3 x $2.5mil, and a 29 year old winger (Kreider, at the time) to 7 x $6.5 mil per. tears of joy

If you're okay with a 3rd for Ryan Reaves, then there's a problem lol. Tom Wilson really in y'alls head
15 sept. 2021 à 18 h 23
Your future cap issues is driven from paying a 4th liner (Goodrow) to 6 yrs x $3.641 mil/yr, a third pair dman for 3 x $2.5mil, and a 29 year old winger (Kreider, at the time) to 7 x $6.5 mil per. tears of joy

If you're okay with a 3rd for Ryan Reaves, then there's a problem lol. Tom Wilson really in y'alls head

Goodrow will be a 3rd line player but I agree his term and cost is a bit steep, but when your team has NO bite, you need to do something. Nemeth is around to help bring Lundquist along, so that is a GOOD signing IMO. His cap hit does not cause major issues. Kreider is signed, nothing can be done there. And the first, second, third, etc. time Reaves protects our kids, I will thank god we have him. A 3rd round pick means NOTHING when you watch your best player get injured by a POS like Wilson. And yes, I am hoping Reaves puts Wilson in the hospital. The cap issue is driven by Fox being so damn good that his cap hit will jump from under a million to around $9 million after this season along with keeping Mika around, which will cost $3 to $4 million more than he makes now. Those two contracts are the issue and that's why Buch was traded. 2 players will eat up an additional $11 to $12 million in cap after this season.
17 sept. 2021 à 14 h 24
Goodrow will be a 3rd line player but I agree his term and cost is a bit steep, but when your team has NO bite, you need to do something. Nemeth is around to help bring Lundquist along, so that is a GOOD signing IMO. His cap hit does not cause major issues. Kreider is signed, nothing can be done there. And the first, second, third, etc. time Reaves protects our kids, I will thank god we have him. A 3rd round pick means NOTHING when you watch your best player get injured by a POS like Wilson. And yes, I am hoping Reaves puts Wilson in the hospital. The cap issue is driven by Fox being so damn good that his cap hit will jump from under a million to around $9 million after this season along with keeping Mika around, which will cost $3 to $4 million more than he makes now. Those two contracts are the issue and that's why Buch was traded. 2 players will eat up an additional $11 to $12 million in cap after this season.

Goodrow's advanced analytics show that he is a 4th liner at best. Coleman and Gourde carried him last season. You can get someone better with "bite" at that price. Yes, something can be done with Krieder, you can trade him tears of joy You can literally sign someone at league min to protect the kids. A 3rd round pick should mean you can get a potential quality player for your future. Cap issues arise from overpaying for players from their actual value. Krieder was overplayed the moment he signed. Trouba is overpaid too. Yes he's good but still overpaid. As well giving Shesterkin that contract after one season? Questionable. If you're betting on his potential, sure but goalies tend to fluctuate in value and production constantly. Look at Samsonov as an example. Fox was bound to be good from his rookie reason so they should've been prepared for that.
17 sept. 2021 à 19 h 30
Goodrow's advanced analytics show that he is a 4th liner at best. Coleman and Gourde carried him last season. You can get someone better with "bite" at that price. Yes, something can be done with Krieder, you can trade him tears of joy You can literally sign someone at league min to protect the kids. A 3rd round pick should mean you can get a potential quality player for your future. Cap issues arise from overpaying for players from their actual value. Krieder was overplayed the moment he signed. Trouba is overpaid too. Yes he's good but still overpaid. As well giving Shesterkin that contract after one season? Questionable. If you're betting on his potential, sure but goalies tend to fluctuate in value and production constantly. Look at Samsonov as an example. Fox was bound to be good from his rookie reason so they should've been prepared for that.

Sorry, we see thing differently. You're entitled to you opinions, I simply disagree with them.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage