SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Seattle Kraken signed Ryan Donato (1 Year / $750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

13 sept. 2021 à 9 h 50
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Giordano, now Donato

what is it with Seattle and picking up players that share names with pizza places
weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2021 à 9 h 53
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
Could be the best value signing of the entire off season.
13 sept. 2021 à 12 h 24
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Same with D’s Cholowksi, Borgen, Cale Fleury are all extras and waiver eligible

geekie as well, at this rate of all their signings they dont have room for him either

really mind boggling asset management so far by Francis. Even if they flip some of those guys they put themselves in a corner knowing that they have to move them or else they lose them for nothing. Really dropped the ball maximizing value on their selections
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
13 sept. 2021 à 12 h 38
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 98
He deserves an NHL shot but he really needs to clean up his game if he intends to stay in this league.
13 sept. 2021 à 15 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 271
Im surprised this was his choice, not the best opportunity - which is what it should boil down too at this point.

Like many have stated, Seattle has a lot of interchangeable parts that arent waiver protected, especially on defense. Yet Gudbrandson was still in demand? I wouldve thought they wouldve dealt some of their expansion picks for late draft picks- especially with the shortened season- lots of possible steals in the late rounds of this past draft and the next one.
13 sept. 2021 à 15 h 51
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
I'm surprised he only got the league minimum. Nobody else wanted him for 1M?
13 sept. 2021 à 16 h 11
NoQuitInNewYork
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 743
NOICE
13 sept. 2021 à 20 h 19
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 234
Quoting: SevenLeg
Seattle is slightly different because they already had a too large roster right after the Expansion Draft, with only Joey Daccord being waivers eligible. As an expansion roster they have pieces that were enticing enough to be selected. As an example, if Kole Lind is put on waivers, I bet Vancouver would be one of the teams interested in bringing him back.

It’s likely Kole Lind gets put on waivers in a couple weeks so we shall see! I just don’t see Vancouver keeping Lind on their NHL roster (if they don’t, and end up putting him thru waivers then SEA can reclaim him, provided no other team does and then send him down).
17 sept. 2021 à 9 h 45
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Seattle is going to expose some good depth players on waivers
20 sept. 2021 à 20 h 25
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539
Quoting: SevenLeg
They better start dealing some forwards if they don't want to lose them on waivers.

I don't understand all this talk about waivers. People are saying similar things about Ottawa's Logan Brown signing. If a player is already in the minors, does he have to clear waivers to stay there? I thought he only had to clear waivers if he was playing in the NHL and his team wanted to send him back down, and even then only after he's reached a certain age or number of games played. According to CapFriendly, Seattle is only one player over the 23-man limit at the NHL level, and I assume they can clear that spot temporarily by putting Yanni Gourde on IR.

If a team claims a player on waivers, do they have to keep him on their NHL roster for some time, or can they immediately put him back on waivers and send him to their own minor league affiliate if he clears? The idea of not being able to send a player to the minors if he's good enough to play on another NHL team makes sense, but I don't see the point of it if the team that claims him can send him to the minors.
20 sept. 2021 à 20 h 31
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: jr400
I don't understand all this talk about waivers. People are saying similar things about Ottawa's Logan Brown signing. If a player is already in the minors, does he have to clear waivers to stay there? I thought he only had to clear waivers if he was playing in the NHL and his team wanted to send him back down, and even then only after he's reached a certain age or number of games played. According to CapFriendly, Seattle is only one player over the 23-man limit at the NHL level, and I assume they can clear that spot temporarily by putting Yanni Gourde on IR.

If a team claims a player on waivers, do they have to keep him on their NHL roster for some time, or can they immediately put him back on waivers and send him to their own minor league affiliate if he clears? The idea of not being able to send a player to the minors if he's good enough to play on another NHL team makes sense, but I don't see the point of it if the team that claims him can send him to the minors.

If the said team claims the player, they have to keep him on their main roster, or else he has to clear waivers before being sent down.

Let's say William Borgen, who was selected from Buffalo in the Expansion Draft. The Sabres liked the guy a lot, and if he was put on waivers today they'll likely want him back.

For your Logan Brown example, teams may not be willing to trade for him because who knows what he'll be. But if he was put on waivers, some teams like Buffalo or Detroit would gladly take a shot at him, and they have room to keep him on their main roster. If they didn't have room though (in case an injured player comes back, per example), he'd have to clear waivers before being sent down and Ottawa would have the first waivers priority because they're the team that lost him on waivers, but once again they'd have to have enough room to keep him up.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage