SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Columbus Blue Jackets

I dont really get why they signed Kuraly

11 sept. 2021 à 9 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
It's not that he's a bad player. Or even that he's overpaid (which he is). It's just that the team is very deep and has many non superstar prospects/tweeners who are already trying to claim bottom 6 spots. If they're making signings it should be for top 6 players, otherwise just let their youth fight it out.

And I know they need some vets to help everyone Along but they have Jenner, Voracek and Nyqvist. Let alone Laine and Domi in their unique circumstances.
11 sept. 2021 à 9 h 48
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
He, like Roslovic, is from the Columbus area. It’s a play to help sell more tickets knowing they won’t be good.
dopplsan et BCAPP a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 9 h 51
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,296
They do have some veterans, but they are all T6 players. I also don’t think Domi/Nyquist are with CBJ by the end of the season (and in the case of Domi, he won’t be re-signed if he is). I still even think Laine is likely to be traded by this time next year, so having Kuraly, a veteran who has spent time learning from Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, who has been a playoff difference maker, is important.

Kuraly is also a designated B6 Center. The young guns who they have who need the playing time (Tex, Foudy, Bemstrom, Chinakhov, etc.) need T6/T9 playing time - part of the reason Bemstrom, for instance, has had his development stunted is because he’s spent the last two years playing on the fourth line, a role he is most definitely not suited for.

Finally, it’s PR. For a team that has had to fight the “no one wants to play for CBJ” narrative the past few years, it’s important to have someone who is a local guy, and can vouch for the team.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 9 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: Ajp_18
He, like Roslovic, is from the Columbus area. It’s a play to help sell more tickets knowing they won’t be good.

Quoting: dopplsan
They do have some veterans, but they are all T6 players. I also don’t think Domi/Nyquist are with CBJ by the end of the season (and in the case of Domi, he won’t be re-signed if he is). I still even think Laine is likely to be traded by this time next year, so having Kuraly, a veteran who has spent time learning from Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, who has been a playoff difference maker, is important.

Kuraly is also a designated B6 Center. The young guns who they have who need the playing time (Tex, Foudy, Bemstrom, Chinakhov, etc.) need T6/T9 playing time - part of the reason Bemstrom, for instance, has had his development stunted is because he’s spent the last two years playing on the fourth line, a role he is most definitely not suited for.

Finally, it’s PR. For a team that has had to fight the “no one wants to play for CBJ” narrative the past few years, it’s important to have someone who is a local guy, and can vouch for the team.

Thanks for the explanation!
dopplsan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage