What would Vilardi cost

Créé par: EccE
Équipe: 2021-22 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 9 sept. 2021
Publié: 9 sept. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Transactions
LAK
    The more I scout Vilardi, the more I like him. The Kings have multiple great C prospects, so they can afford to spread the wealth. What would he cost? I know it will be a lot, but be somewhat realistic. Kaprizov, Rossi and Boldy are off-limits.
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de SJS
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2281 500 000 $67 054 422 $0 $850 000 $14 445 578 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Wild du Minnesota
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 8
    5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 3
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    725 000 $725 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AD, C
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    725 000 $725 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    850 000 $850 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    9 sept. 2021 à 13 h 22
    MK458
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 928
    I don't know if he's available right now. But if L.A. has a good season and Turcotte and Byfield both outplay him, I could see a realm of possibility where the Kings trading him next offseason to bolster their defense core. In that situation I think Brodin, or possibly Dumba with an extension could be the piece they look to get. If Cal Petterson struggles this year maybe Kahkonen could be the piece that gets Vilardi
    9 sept. 2021 à 13 h 26
    Rangers 2023
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
    Quoting: mk458
    I don't know if he's available right now. But if L.A. has a good season and Turcotte and Byfield both outplay him, I could see a realm of possibility where the Kings trading him next offseason to bolster their defense core. In that situation I think Brodin, or possibly Dumba with an extension could be the piece they look to get. If Cal Petterson struggles this year maybe Kahkonen could be the piece that gets Vilardi

Brodin was just extended, hes here for a while
    mk458 a aimé ceci.
    9 sept. 2021 à 13 h 34
    Rejoint: juin 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,414
    Please remember centers can easily transition to wing, the Kings don't have to give up a player because they have too many centers. I've never understood this argument.

Aside from that, the Kings and Wild aren't a good match for this and I believe the Kings are still very high on Vilardi. Blake has indicated the Kings will be competing this season and has spent close to the cap. With Vilardi penciled in as the 3C the Kings won't make a trade until Byfield has established himself as the new 3C. Even then Vilardi would likely switch to wing and play somewhere in the top-9, and probably do better as his weaknesses are faceoffs and taking on too much responsibility last year as the 2C. If the Kings were to trade, they would want a player that fits under the cap that could make an immediate improvement over Vilardi (difficult to do with a 925K cap hit and a few million in change). The Wild won't trade elite top-line sniper or top-pair LD that they are willing to part with, which is really the areas the Kings will be looking for if they move away from one of their top prospects. So unlikely these two are partners for anything any time soon.

Now let's just say that Vilardi has to be moved, and it has to be the Wild, I'd ask for Wallstedt + Peart
    mk458 a aimé ceci.
    9 sept. 2021 à 13 h 47
    MK458
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 928
    Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
    Brodin was just extended, hes here for a while

Fair enough
    9 sept. 2021 à 13 h 50
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,239
    Quoting: mk458

Kähkönen I could see going the other way. Brodin has an NMC and was just extended so he is not going anywhere. Dumba can't be extended until next July but if you'd like to have him, he definitely is available.
    mk458 a aimé ceci.
    9 sept. 2021 à 13 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juill. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,239
    Quoting: tryger
    Please remember centers can easily transition to wing, the Kings don't have to give up a player because they have too many centers. I've never understood this argument.

Aside from that, the Kings and Wild aren't a good match for this and I believe the Kings are still very high on Vilardi. Blake has indicated the Kings will be competing this season and has spent close to the cap. With Vilardi penciled in as the 3C the Kings won't make a trade until Byfield has established himself as the new 3C. Even then Vilardi would likely switch to wing and play somewhere in the top-9, and probably do better as his weaknesses are faceoffs and taking on too much responsibility last year as the 2C. If the Kings were to trade, they would want a player that fits under the cap that could make an immediate improvement over Vilardi (difficult to do with a 925K cap hit and a few million in change). The Wild won't trade elite top-line sniper or top-pair LD that they are willing to part with, which is really the areas the Kings will be looking for if they move away from one of their top prospects. So unlikely these two are partners for anything any time soon.

Now let's just say that Vilardi has to be moved, and it has to be the Wild, I'd ask for Wallstedt + Peart

Giving up Wallstedt is too much, but I understand you'd like to get a king's ransom. We really don't have anyone available you'd like from LD, as we just drafted guys like Lambos, Peart and therefore won't probably move them. I'm looking at your situation at G, and really see nobody behind Petersen. He has been great, but could Kähkönen be dangled as a part of the trade?

Fair enough, if a Vilardi trade can't be done, I will look elsewhere.
    9 sept. 2021 à 14 h 10
    Quoting: EccE
    Giving up Wallstedt is too much, but I understand you'd like to get a king's ransom. We really don't have anyone available you'd like from LD, as we just drafted guys like Lambos, Peart and therefore won't probably move them. I'm looking at your situation at G, and really see nobody behind Petersen. He has been great, but could Kähkönen be dangled as a part of the trade?

Fair enough, if a Vilardi trade can't be done, I will look elsewhere.

Nah, Vilardi is the Kings top current NHL graduate (though others are coming), trading him away for someone who projects at best around Petersen's level isn't really what they are looking for. Also you have to remember this is an 11th overall pick who hit and has made the NHL as a regular. If they are trading a 20th overall + 54th overall is closer to fair than a Kings ransom (even if both you and I believe Wallsted fell way too far).
    9 sept. 2021 à 14 h 19
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 18,152
    Aren't Kings still looking for top-6 winger?
    Fiala seems like obvious example to me if you like Vilardi.
    9 sept. 2021 à 15 h 2
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,889

The argument comes from the relative values of certain positions - top 6 C, top 4 RHD. Scarcer positions can warrant larger returns, so it’s pretty natural for ppl to see players like Vilardi as a potential win-win trade target.

To the Kings specifically, is Vilardi’s value as a winger greater than the value he’d fetch if traded as a center? Maybe. Maybe not. Backfilling him as a wing wouldn’t be an overwhelming ask, and his return would presumably be pretty strong.

I can appreciate your point, but I think it’s more complex than you’re giving it credit.
    ricochetii a aimé ceci.
    9 sept. 2021 à 15 h 22
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,589
    If vilardi were to be traded to the wild the kings would ask for fiala. The kings would also be adding. What they would add I don’t know
    9 sept. 2021 à 15 h 32
    Quoting: drmantalban
    The argument comes from the relative values of certain positions - top 6 C, top 4 RHD. Scarcer positions can warrant larger returns, so it’s pretty natural for ppl to see players like Vilardi as a potential win-win trade target.

To the Kings specifically, is Vilardi’s value as a winger greater than the value he’d fetch if traded as a center? Maybe. Maybe not. Backfilling him as a wing wouldn’t be an overwhelming ask, and his return would presumably be pretty strong.

I can appreciate your point, but I think it’s more complex than you’re giving it credit.

The ACGM above indicated that the Kings have several C prospects and can afford to spread the wealth. I disagree with this point.

First, if the return for these graduated prospects are picks or ungraduated prospects, isn't this a step backwards for a team wishing to exit a rebuild?

Second, of their top tier center prospects, only one is a full-time NHLer, to date, Vilardi is the only graduate from the tier of top-6 potential centers (Byfield, Turcotte, Kupari) to make the NHL full time. So the Kings do not have the luxury to say they have 4 established NHLers who could be top-6 centers . It should be noted two seasons back VIlardi was injured and likely wouldn't even have returned a second-round pick. However, his value is starting to grow, and will likely continue with him playing 3C against much easier competition than he had to handle as the 2C the year prior.

So as noted above, once Byfield (or Turcotte/Kupari) establishes themselves as the 3C it is possible Vilardi could be moved but not until then. But it's more likely the Kings see what they have in Vilardi on the wing before they do this. The Kings have actively been trying this with Turcotte and Kupari in the AHL.

Third, you need to understand what the Kings areas of need are, with their prospect pool filled they are missing a top-line winger and a top-pair defenseman, very few teams have this and are willing to trade this. Until that team presents themselves the Kings are fine standing pat.

The Kings have carefully built this prospect pool, and yes eventually, trades will be made but not until these players get shots in the NHL (specifically their top-tier centers). It is almost guaranteed Kupari, Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi are NHLers and will play for the Kings at some point this season or next. If all four thrive at the center position (unlikely) the Kings will then entertain trades but there is no reason for them to act prematurely because other teams want centers right now.
    9 sept. 2021 à 16 h 18
    The ACGM above indicated that the Kings have several C prospects and can afford to spread the wealth. I disagree with this point.

First, if the return for these graduated prospects are picks or ungraduated prospects, isn't this a step backwards for a team wishing to exit a rebuild?

Second, of their top tier center prospects, only one is a full-time NHLer, to date, Vilardi is the only graduate from the tier of top-6 potential centers (Byfield, Turcotte, Kupari) to make the NHL full time. So the Kings do not have the luxury to say they have 4 established NHLers who could be top-6 centers . It should be noted two seasons back VIlardi was injured and likely wouldn't even have returned a second-round pick. However, his value is starting to grow, and will likely continue with him playing 3C against much easier competition than he had to handle as the 2C the year prior.

So as noted above, once Byfield (or Turcotte/Kupari) establishes themselves as the 3C it is possible Vilardi could be moved but not until then. But it's more likely the Kings see what they have in Vilardi on the wing before they do this. The Kings have actively been trying this with Turcotte and Kupari in the AHL.

Third, you need to understand what the Kings areas of need are, with their prospect pool filled they are missing a top-line winger and a top-pair defenseman, very few teams have this and are willing to trade this. Until that team presents themselves the Kings are fine standing pat.

The Kings have carefully built this prospect pool, and yes eventually, trades will be made but not until these players get shots in the NHL (specifically their top-tier centers). It is almost guaranteed Kupari, Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi are NHLers and will play for the Kings at some point this season or next. If all four thrive at the center position (unlikely) the Kings will then entertain trades but there is no reason for them to act prematurely because other teams want centers right now.

I don’t think the Kings should be moving Vilardi until at least next summer, unless of course there’s a ridiculous offer. But assuming not, I would agree that they should keep him for now.

I was simply just responding to your comment over not agreeing or understanding the argument that “because we have a surplus of X, we should be trading.” And my point was that it entirely depends on the circumstances. Just because you CAN reallocate a player doesn’t mean it’s always the best move.

Put this armchair GM aside and even the Kings for that matter. If a team is deep at a highly sought after position, it can sometimes be more fruitful to trade vs re-allocate due to the relative values.

I think we probably agree here, and I wasn’t trying to be nitpicky, i was just trying to clarify that if you move Vilardi to wing you’re effectively valuing his deployment in that position more than whatever return he’d yield. And that’s a particularly important distinction because a top 6 wing is easier to backfill than a top 6 C.
    tryger et RazWild a aimé ceci.
    9 sept. 2021 à 16 h 21
    Quoting: drmantalban
    I don’t think the Kings should be moving Vilardi until at least next summer, unless of course there’s a ridiculous offer. But assuming not, I would agree that they should keep him for now.

I was simply just responding to your comment over not agreeing or understanding the argument that “because we have a surplus of X, we should be trading.” And my point was that it entirely depends on the circumstances. Just because you CAN reallocate a player doesn’t mean it’s always the best move.

Put this armchair GM aside and even the Kings for that matter. If a team is deep at a highly sought after position, it can sometimes be more fruitful to trade vs re-allocate due to the relative values.

I think we probably agree here, and I wasn’t trying to be nitpicky, i was just trying to clarify that if you move Vilardi to wing you’re effectively valuing his deployment in that position more than whatever return he’d yield. And that’s a particularly important distinction because a top 6 wing is easier to backfill than a top 6 C.

Yeah, apologies, I think we are on the same side with this, the Kings will be wheeling and dealing prospects to bolster playoff runs. But yes I believe the Kings prioritized center not just because it's the hardest position to fill, but that it has the best trade value.
    9 sept. 2021 à 16 h 55
    Yeah, apologies, I think we are on the same side with this, the Kings will be wheeling and dealing prospects to bolster playoff runs. But yes I believe the Kings prioritized center not just because it's the hardest position to fill, but that it has the best trade value.

Exactly, yeah we’re def in agreement here. No reason for them to get panicky and move young players at this time. They’re on a good trajectory and the time will come.
    tryger a aimé ceci.
    10 sept. 2021 à 9 h 50
    MNBassman
    Rejoint: mai 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,569
    How about Dumba (extended), Kal
    Quoting: NHLfan10506
    Aren't Kings still looking for top-6 winger?
    Fiala seems like obvious example to me if you like Vilardi.

Fiala for Vilardi and Kupari now?
    Or, Dumba, Kahkonen and 1 of: Daemon Hunt, Ryan O’Rourke, or Jack Peart next off season?
    10 sept. 2021 à 11 h 1
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 18,152
    Quoting: MNBassman
    How about Dumba (extended), Kal

Fiala for Vilardi and Kupari now?
    Or, Dumba, Kahkonen and 1 of: Daemon Hunt, Ryan O’Rourke, or Jack Peart next off season?

I'd think just Vilardi for Fiala

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage