Forums/Armchair-GM

I have not seen this discussed

Créé par: BCAPP
Équipe: 2021-22 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 7 sept. 2021
Publié: 7 sept. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Including trouba in a Buffalo trade. So I see he has an NMC and I'd frankly rather live in Manhattan than Buffalo too. But my understanding was his biggest thing was living in the states as his dad can't cross the border for some reason. Given same state and just a few hours drive perhaps he'd be open to it? I suspect others can opine.
Transactions
BUF
  1. Chytil, Filip
  2. Kakko, Kaapo
  3. Trouba, Jacob
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (STL)
  6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $75 490 594 $0 $5 750 000 $6 009 406 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 5
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
DD
UFA - 1
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
3 875 000 $3 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 2
DD
RFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
874 125 $874 125 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
In addition to his dad being a factor for his destination. His finance or maybe wife now is a doctor doing her residency. I don’t think that’s something you can just move midway through. I’d also probably say he doesn’t want to go to that dumpster fire of a team with high taxes even if it’s only a few hours away.
BCAPP et Devil a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
Quoting: BStinson
In addition to his dad being a factor for his destination. His finance or maybe wife now is a doctor doing her residency. I don’t think that’s something you can just move midway through. I’d also probably say he doesn’t want to go to that dumpster fire of a team with high taxes even if it’s only a few hours away.

Yeah the main reason why he left Winnipeg was for his fiancé. Not his dad, so likely he nixes this deal. Also to most people he’s somewhat of a cap dump. He’s a 6 million dollar guy when he’s at the absolute top of his game.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 9
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,655
You're right about the border issues (apparently) and the GF taking medical training in the US for reasons that Trouba did not want to play in Canada. And now the Covid travel restrictions probably make some American players not wanting to play in Canada for at least this season
But geez, Trouba isn't waiving for the worse franchise in the NHL. Maybe he would waive for "good teams" but certainly not the Sabres.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695

Where is the residency? Transferring mid residency is fairly rare and difficult but not impossible. That being said Buffalo and NYC aren't that far
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 11
yippee
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,171
It's an interesting thought, and it would definitely help to get Buffalo above the cap floor. If Trouba were to be open to it, it just might work. Hopefully it's close enough to his fiance.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
You're right about the border issues (apparently) and the GF taking medical training in the US for reasons that Trouba did not want to play in Canada. And now the Covid travel restrictions probably make some American players not wanting to play in Canada for at least this season
But geez, Trouba isn't waiving for the worse franchise in the NHL. Maybe he would waive for "good teams" but certainly not the Sabres.

Yeah I only brought it up as both are in the same state. So not so far
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: tsyls
Yeah the main reason why he left Winnipeg was for his fiancé. Not his dad, so likely he nixes this deal. Also to most people he’s somewhat of a cap dump. He’s a 6 million dollar guy when he’s at the absolute top of his game.

I basically assumed he was essentially neutral value in the above trade. He's cap filler. He's a good player signed through his prime who is overpaid. But he isn't a bad player. So I considered him roughly neutral for the purposes of the trade.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 29
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 246
I'm a NYR fan from Buffalo.
Who would wanna live in NYC rather than Buffalo? Lol
I'd rather live basically anywhere than NYC lol.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 29
wpg
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,028

I would pay 8 if he could continue on 2018-2019 season with the Jets…. Dud practically carried our entire defence corps
BCAPP, tsyls et Fox_Czar_Cup a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 32
LafreneiretoKravtsov
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 833
You move to Buffalo voluntarily, then.
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 52
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
I’m down
7 sept. 2021 à 21 h 53

No one gives a damn about his freakin fiancé having her residency in NY, if the move helps the team you do it. Or buy him the **** out and tell him to take a goddamn hike if he doesn’t wanna cooperate. While decent he is overpaid by like $2-3 mil and needs to step up or get out.
7 sept. 2021 à 23 h 26
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
No one gives a damn about his freakin fiancé having her residency in NY, if the move helps the team you do it. Or buy him the **** out and tell him to take a goddamn hike if he doesn’t wanna cooperate. While decent he is overpaid by like $2-3 mil and needs to step up or get out.

Good luck buying out a NMC. I’m sure Trouba cares about his wife’s residency but “it’s not for the greater good of the team”. squinty smile

Quoting: BCAPP
Where is the residency? Transferring mid residency is fairly rare and difficult but not impossible. That being said Buffalo and NYC aren't that far

I’m not exactly sure, I’m sure there’s enough on here that scour Twitter and what not to know specific details.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
8 sept. 2021 à 9 h 32
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,798
...His finance or maybe wife now is a doctor doing her residency...
Yeah the main reason why he left Winnipeg was for his fiancé...
...Maybe he would waive for "good teams" but certainly not the Sabres.
Quoting: Roysboy72
It's an interesting thought...Hopefully it's close enough to his fiance.
I basically assumed he was essentially neutral value in the above trade...
Quoting: Dnik10
...I'd rather live basically anywhere than NYC lol.
Quoting: HockeyFan989
…. Dud practically carried our entire defence corps
Quoting: Josh
You move to Buffalo voluntarily, then.
I’m down
First, great conversations.
Second, I live in Buffalo and vacation in NYC, and lived in NJ a 25 min ride away from Midtown.
Third, Both cities have a lot to offer, it all depends on your desires. Among many of the plusses of Buffalo the largest is the difference in the cost of living.
Even with the higher state taxes in NYS, the cost of living in Buffalo is so low, that it actually makes it one of the most affordable 2nd life style https://gavingroup.ca/lifestyle-rankings/
I did not expect to see Buffalo ranked this high for best places to go to watch a hockey game ranked 6th https://robe-trotting.com/best-nhl-hockey-cities-to-visit/

OK, I got that out of my system.
OMG, I would take that for Jack in a heart beat.
I could not imagine a better top pairing for the next 5 years than Trouba and Dahlin.
Trouba will be be 27 yo until the end of February and only 32 at the end his contract.
Then I get Kakko and Chytil!
Plus two first round picks and a second.
As a Sabre fan what is not to like about this trade.

Unfortunately this trade will never happen.
EDIT
This trade punches every ticket except GK.
RW, Center, RHD and draft picks.
tsyls, Roysboy72, GMTD and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 sept. 2021 à 9 h 53
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,655
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Second, I live in Buffalo and vacation in NYC, and lived in NJ a 25 min ride away from Midtown.
Third, Both cities have a lot to offer, it all depends on your desires. Among many of the plusses of Buffalo the largest is the difference in the cost of living.
Even with the higher state taxes in NYS, the cost of living in Buffalo is so low, that it actually makes it one of the most affordable 2nd life style https://gavingroup.ca/lifestyle-rankings/
I did not expect to see Buffalo ranked this high for best places to go to watch a hockey game ranked 6th https://robe-trotting.com/best-nhl-hockey-cities-to-visit/

I could not imagine a better top pairing for the next 5 years than Trouba and Dahlin.
Trouba will be be 27 yo until the end of February and only 32 at the end his contract.

EDIT

Thanks for writing a bit of your personal life. First, Buffalo gets a bad wrap as city. Lots of good suburbs. Many NFL players think it a great place to live and play.
The trouble with Buffalo as a NHL city, is the poorly run organization for the past ten years, it's not the city of Buffalo.
On a personal note from me, I've enjoyed my trips to Buffalo and area, and upper New York state. Lots to do, lots of green space. A calm lifestyle...like small town Canada.

And I agree with statement about the proposed trade. Sabres wouldn't get a better offer and it fills many needs. But the trade ain't happening either.
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
8 sept. 2021 à 11 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: gretzkyghosts

EDIT

Ermagawd I actually made a reasonable trade offer? Haha
8 sept. 2021 à 11 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Thanks for writing a bit of your personal life. First, Buffalo gets a bad wrap as city. Lots of good suburbs. Many NFL players think it a great place to live and play.
The trouble with Buffalo as a NHL city, is the poorly run organization for the past ten years, it's not the city of Buffalo.
On a personal note from me, I've enjoyed my trips to Buffalo and area, and upper New York state. Lots to do, lots of green space. A calm lifestyle...like small town Canada.

And I agree with statement about the proposed trade. Sabres wouldn't get a better offer and it fills many needs. But the trade ain't happening either.

I think the trade isn't happening as Trouba has his NMC. Otherwise I think it works well for both teams, perhaps one first not two.
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 19
Good luck buying out a NMC. I’m sure Trouba cares about his wife’s residency but “it’s not for the greater good of the team”. squinty smile

I’m not exactly sure, I’m sure there’s enough on here that scour Twitter and what not to know specific details.

Uh look at Shattenkirk, Girardi, Lundqvist for guys with NMC who were bought out to make room for someone else, regardless of the cap penalty. Not great by any means, but there is certainly precedence for them doing so when it’s decided to move on from a player who can’t be traded.
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Uh look at Shattenkirk, Girardi, Lundqvist for guys with NMC who were bought out to make room for someone else, regardless of the cap penalty. Not great by any means, but there is certainly precedence for them doing so when it’s decided to move on from a player who can’t be traded.

They had NMCs not NTCs? For some reason I thought you couldn't buy out NMC s without the players permission
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 22
They had NMCs not NTCs? For some reason I thought you couldn't buy out NMC s without the players permission

Yes they all had NMC’s. You can buy them out. Hence if the need arose, we could do the same with Trouba.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Yes they all had NMC’s. You can buy them out. Hence if the need arose, we could do the same with Trouba.

My mistake then.

Can't imagine an 8 mil dollar players buyout would look reasonable until the last 2-3 years. But I haven't checked their calculator.
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 37
Démarrer sujet

He also seems to good to buy out. Gotta think you could find somewhere he'd be willing to go
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 39
My mistake then.

Can't imagine an 8 mil dollar players buyout would look reasonable until the last 2-3 years. But I haven't checked their calculator.

There 2 years that hit like $4.222 mil, but most of the years are around $2.222 mil.
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 43

So your rationale of why Trouba is going to is because other older guys did it? Getting technical, older guys with front loaded contracts? Could be argued that two of them were looking at retirement. Shattenkirk is the only still in prime years but even then had a down year, and signed with TBL to get a cup. Signed a decent contract subsequently. I’d understand if he was just going to maximize earnings but it’s been widely reported about his fiancé/wife so this “it’s for the greater good of the team” is a bunch of BS.

His examples aren’t the best see above.
8 sept. 2021 à 19 h 45
So your rationale of why Trouba is going to waive his NMC is because other older guys did it? Getting technical, older guys with front loaded contracts? Could be argued that two of them were looking at retirement. Shattenkirk is the only still in prime years but even then had a down year, waived his NMC and signed with TBL to get a cup. Signed a decent contract subsequently. The key point is why does Trouba waive his NMC if he doesn’t have to? I’d understand if he was just going to maximize earnings but it’s been widely reported about his fiancé/wife so this “it’s for the greater good of the team” is a bunch of BS.

The player has to wave it. His examples aren’t the best see above.

Again, only if the player waived.

A player does not need to waive to be bought out. The whole point of buying him out is if he doesn’t want to waive in order to open up some more cap space than have him wasting $8 mil. The only player that can’t be bought out are injured players.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage