Forums/Armchair-GM

This Team is Not Playoff Bound Thanks MB

Créé par: Campabee
Équipe: 2021-22 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 4 sept. 2021
Publié: 4 sept. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Gonna be honest, no matter what way you look at it Montreal came out of this looking like idiots! First the OS to Aho was a joke, then they get schooled by Carolina on how to tender an OS and then MB's announcement of letting KK go was just a simple put your tail between your legs and sulk away. Then preceding to overpay for a 3rd line center because he is a moron that screwed the team multiple times over 10 years. Gonna be honest here I fully expect Carolina to OS either Suzuki or Caufield in the next 2 years.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CAR)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (CAR)
CAR
ARI
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CAR)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $68 637 977 $597 561 $1 475 000 $12 862 023 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
C
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 4
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 5
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
G
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance637 500 $$638K)
DG
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
950 000 $950 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 33
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Quoting: Campabee
Waddell got the better player just look at the advanced stats! KK is a possession monster compared to Dvorak.

disagree, dvorak played on a worst team, i think he is better.
McSchleep a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 34
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
And when exactly did tinordi/mccarron/juulsen/scherbak have value? It’s not his fault our drafting fkn sucks. This whole debacle is on timmins. We hit on a draft pick once every decade

We could have moved 1st round picks instead of drafting to address obvious needs. Instead of waiting to trade a 1st for Dvorak with our backs to a wall years after the fact.
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 37
PittsburghModelMyAss
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,405
Quoting: ricochetii
We could have moved 1st round picks instead of drafting to address obvious needs. Instead of waiting to trade a 1st for Dvorak with our backs to a wall years after the fact.

Agreed; we shld have trade our 3rd OA in 2012 and move down, and traded our 3rd overall in 2018 and prob still selected KK somewhere outside of the top-12… gotta love hindsight.
McSchleep a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,385
Quoting: F50marco
campabee

Truth is matching didn't make any sense and I think you actually do agree with this. Kotkaniemi didn't really want to return. Him returning would have been an awkward situation for everyone. He wasn't happy with his development, wasn't happy with his ice time, wasn't happy being scratched, wasn't happy with his QoL...etc etc etc etc. Management wasn't happy with his outspokeness, coaches weren't happy with his work ethic/performance, fans weren't happy with his accepting of the OS. etc etc etc.

The relationship deteriorated to the point of the player not being really welcome back. By the GM. By the coach. By some fans. By probably some of his line mates too.

Regardless of whether you think that is MB's fault or Ducharmes fault, whatever, that doesn't change the fact that what's done is done. There was no realistic returning to this team for KK.

I could accept letting KK walk IF that is what he wanted. I could accept letting him walk if he had been given a legitimate chance to prove himself in the top 6 and he failed. I could even accept letting KK walk for signing the OS IF we had brought in someone who was a clear cut top 6C like Monahan or Eichel or even Hertl. Is Dvorak going to be able to play top line minutes if Suzuki regressed or gets injured? That is my concern, also I would have liked for MB to say something to at least alleviate some of these concerns or questions. I just feel like this is a step backwards or at the very minimum sideways and not a step forward.
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 39
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,713

I had made a case a while ago, although I doubt I was the first to mention it, for the Habs to straight up just trade their 1st round picks every year. Keep all the 2-7 picks, those will hit now and then but trade those 1sts every year for quality players right now. If the Habs philosophy is to be hard on prospects and their drafting results tend to suck, why bother? Nowadays young players who are good make 5-10M in there contracts following their ELC's so "getting cheap players on ELC's" rarely works for the Habs anyways so why bother.

Disclaimer: Not saying this is how I would do it, just how I think the Habs current management should do it going forward.
BigBadBurke et ricochetii a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 42
PittsburghModelMyAss
I could accept letting KK walk IF that is what he wanted. I could accept letting him walk if he had been given a legitimate chance to prove himself in the top 6 and he failed. I could even accept letting KK walk for signing the OS IF we had brought in someone who was a clear cut top 6C like Monahan or Eichel or even Hertl. Is Dvorak going to be able to play top line minutes if Suzuki regressed or gets injured? That is my concern, also I would have liked for MB to say something to at least alleviate some of these concerns or questions. I just feel like this is a step backwards or at the very minimum sideways and not a step forward.

You literally just posted on sept.2nd at 5:02 that teams wld make us overpay for Monaghan/Dvorak/eichel… we didn’t overpay. Get over it.
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 44
PittsburghModelMyAss
I had made a case a while ago, although I doubt I was the first to mention it, for the Habs to straight up just trade their 1st round picks every year. Keep all the 2-7 picks, those will hit now and then but trade those 1sts every year for quality players right now. If the Habs philosophy is to be hard on prospects and their drafting results tend to suck, why bother? Nowadays young players who are good make 5-10M in there contracts following their ELC's so "getting cheap players on ELC's" rarely works for the Habs anyways so why bother.

Disclaimer: Not saying this is how I would do it, just how I think the Habs current management should do it going forward.

This wld be amazing. Maybe we wld have ended up with JT Miller 😞
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 49

All signs point to KK being so disgruntled with the way he was treated here that a mended relationship was all but impossible. So even If MB wanted to have him back, KK probably wouldn't have performed well anyway.

This OS made adding a legitimate top 2 center impossible without overpaying like crazy. Dvorak was just good enough to potentially still be able to break out but not good enough to cost an arm and a leg. I really think you're underestimating this player. He won't be a 75 point guy but he'll be 50 point player in MTL all while costing the team 4.4M a year only. Maybe KK becomes a 75 point player but he surely wouldn't have done it in MTL even with the playing time.
BigBadBurke a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 22 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Shanesaw9
I respect your opinion, and its easier to understand when it's a level headed one.

I won't argue it, KK was terribly mismanaged in MTL to the point where he only regressed since he was a rookie and he played like a bottom 6 forward whobalready needed waivers at 20 years old. They really botched KK's development and it's inexcusable I agree. So I understand the frustration, but I already got that out of my system last season.

I was ready to see what KK could do with the opportunity as 2C in MTL this year, however the offersheet changed everything... and given the circumstances I think Bergevin did OK. I don't think your assumptions about KK with the QO or long term extension for a lesser amount would have came true.

1. KK signed the offersheet, he's already proven he will take the money when he can get it so he's not going to take the discount.
2. I don't think either side wants to deal with arbitration, that would be a terrible outcome and KK might even pursue another offersheet if it came to that.

On Dvoraks production with Hall and Kessel:
- No one produces with ARZ.
- Hall is no longer a top player.
- Kessel is definitely washed up.

I would argue Hoffman and Gallagher would be upgrades right now.

So I guess I just disagree with the title "This Team is Not Playoff Bound thanks MB". It implies that because KK was replaced with Dvorak that MTL will miss playoffs when the reality is if they are going to miss playoffs it would have happened either way.

Sorry, the title wasn't just for the KK situation it was for the entire offseason. We went to the SCF relying on our depth bothe up front and on defense. 2 months later we have little to no depth up the middle and our D is much weaker, I don't really blame MB for the D, Weber's injuries are not his fault (even if you are against the Weber/Subban trade). The centers are definitely his fault though. He let Danault walk before he made sure he had KK locked up. He let KK walk (reportedly for as little as 1 Mil difference on a bridge deal. Reports were KK wanted 3.5 mil and MB would only go to 2.5.) at least with KK though he made sure to bring in a replacement, even if we don't agree on his abilities (I hope I will be surprised, I wasn't big on the Domi acquisition at the time either but liked Domi when he got here). The other issue I have is MB has said for 3 years we need a top 4 PMD but year after year he brings in Chiarot, Edmundson and Savard none of which are a top 4 PMD. He could have gotten one BTW by just simply giving up 2 of those players cap hits for one. 7 Mil would go a long way to filling that hole. This is why I am frustrated with MB, KK's development and revenge OS are just the tip of the iceberg.
4 sept. 2021 à 23 h 3
wpg
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,028
Quoting: McSchleep
Who would you rather have?
5G 15A 20P $6.1M x 1.
Notable Linemates Anderson and Drouin/Byron
Or
17G 14A 31P $4.45M x 4.
Notable Linemates Fischer and Crouse[/The one 4 years younger
4 sept. 2021 à 23 h 18
Démarrer sujet
All signs point to KK being so disgruntled with the way he was treated here that a mended relationship was all but impossible. So even If MB wanted to have him back, KK probably wouldn't have performed well anyway.

This OS made adding a legitimate top 2 center impossible without overpaying like crazy. Dvorak was just good enough to potentially still be able to break out but not good enough to cost an arm and a leg. I really think you're underestimating this player. He won't be a 75 point guy but he'll be 50 point player in MTL all while costing the team 4.4M a year only. Maybe KK becomes a 75 point player but he surely wouldn't have done it in MTL even with the playing time.

I still think we need another C, perhaps Dvorak will surprise me like Domi did but I still don't see this team as being better than the one that went to the SCF this year.
4 sept. 2021 à 23 h 28
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

Not the worst idea.
At least trading a 1st you have a good idea of what you are getting. If you can leverage a 1st into a 2nd and a prospect, you get 2 chances to hit on a player, which might be a better strategy for an organization that has poor draft history.

I think a big part of our issues is development however. The system in place seems to stifle talent rather than nurture and add to it.
We can't simply be drafting that many bad players when they are projected to be 1st rounders by others as well. It's not like we are drafting consensus 2nd rounders with our 1sts.
We take a sniper and try to turn them into a 2-way pker, give them 3rd and 4th line duties, and expect them to convert their offensive game to an NHL level while making no mistakes or getting no opportunity to learn from them because they get scratched or sent down instead.
Sure, you want that offensive sniper to backcheck and work hard, but incorporate that alongside the skills that made you draft them in the first place. Use your later picks for guys you can develop into those other players.
BigBadBurke a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 23 h 52
I still think we need another C, perhaps Dvorak will surprise me like Domi did but I still don't see this team as being better than the one that went to the SCF this year.

Neither was the team with KK @ 6.1M....... That's not the other scenario here. You're comparing apples to oranges. There was no way the team this year was going to match last years team with KK back at 6.1M or with Dvorak.

The comparison is this years team with KK or Dvorak. Considering the circumstances and cap hits, Habs are better with Dvorak right now. 3 years from now? Maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

Edit: Im all for adding another center but frankly Im really curious to see what Poehling does at camp. I think he'll get the #3 spot and do wonders this year with quality linemates like Gally/Anderson and Drouin/Hoffman.

Not the worst idea.
At least trading a 1st you have a good idea of what you are getting. If you can leverage a 1st into a 2nd and a prospect, you get 2 chances to hit on a player, which might be a better strategy for an organization that has poor draft history.

I think a big part of our issues is development however. The system in place seems to stifle talent rather than nurture and add to it.
We can't simply be drafting that many bad players when they are projected to be 1st rounders by others as well. It's not like we are drafting consensus 2nd rounders with our 1sts.
We take a sniper and try to turn them into a 2-way pker, give them 3rd and 4th line duties, and expect them to convert their offensive game to an NHL level while making no mistakes or getting no opportunity to learn from them because they get scratched or sent down instead.
Sure, you want that offensive sniper to backcheck and work hard, but incorporate that alongside the skills that made you draft them in the first place. Use your later picks for guys you can develop into those other players.

Oh yeah agreed. The problem isn't always WHO we're drafting. Its HOW we're developing them. Both have equal blame. That's why I say skip both altogether. Get the players to help now that are proven commodities.

I think this would yield a better team year after year than drafting and developing poorly. Its not the "right" way but it could be a lot better than we've seen. Yeah sure maybe we miss out on drafting Caulfield but then again all those picks used on Juulsen, Mccarron, Schebak, Galchenyuk, Kotkanimei, Poehling, Sergachev, Guhle, Mailloux, could have easily yielded players like Sam Reinhart, JT Miller, Brady Skjei, J-G Pageau, Coleman, Muzzin, Tatar, etc etc.
BigBadBurke a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 11 h 31
wpg
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,028
Quoting: Habs4ever
Wow so much negative on here. Dvorak is an upgrade to kotkaniemi. I like this.

Right now sure, but KK would’ve been better.. to grow with the young core centering Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov etc….
5 sept. 2021 à 11 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Neither was the team with KK 6.1M....... That's not the other scenario here. You're comparing apples to oranges. There was no way the team this year was going to match last years team with KK back at 6.1M or with Dvorak.

The comparison is this years team with KK or Dvorak. Considering the circumstances and cap hits, Habs are better with Dvorak right now. 3 years from now? Maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

Edit: Im all for adding another center but frankly Im really curious to see what Poehling does at camp. I think he'll get the #3 spot and do wonders this year with quality linemates like Gally/Anderson and Drouin/Hoffman.

In case you couldn't tell I was a little ticked off last night lol. I hate when my favorite player gets traded (or in this case let walk) LOL. I am ok with seeing what Dvorak and Poehling can do but I still think the right thing to do would have been to keep KK. I hope that Dvorak comes in and pulls a Domi but I also still want KK to explode this year (not cause he was let walk but because I still like him lol). I still think we need to at least bring in a good PMD to round out the roster (assuming Poehling is ready) to make the playoffs though.
F50marco a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 11 h 45
Habs4ever
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,195
Quoting: HockeyFan989
Right now sure, but KK would’ve been better.. to grow with the young core centering Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov etc….

Sure but that offer and amount was insane. I knew right away they were going to take the picks and go get another C. Dvorak is a player I know extremely well as I used to scout in the OHL while he was playing in London.

He’s an excellent player that was on a bad rebuilding team. I really like this guy and I like him more than kK

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage