SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

New York Islanders signed Casey Cizikas (6 Years / $2,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 8
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Way way way too much term.

Probably a bad GM will take him when he is declining though.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: Db1899
It doesn’t matter if the islanders agree, he has provided 3C value over the last 3 seasons and the only reason he doesn’t put up more points is because of his linemates. He drives play at both ends of the ice.

The advanced stats seem to bear out that he is that good of a shut down centre, and when I've seen him (out of divisiion so only a few times per year and some playoff games), he seems good but not special. But frankly good defensive forwards usually appear that way. The best parts of their games are the little things...

He seems to be the modern version of that true defensive centre (vs the dominant two way "defensive" centres we think of now like Bergeron or Kopitar). I definitely cringe at paying a fourth liner over 1.5 mil, let alone for term, but he's a unique guy so it probably is worth it, even if it just feels wrong to me.

It should be noted that while he is the 4 C of the team, he is playing 13-14 minutes which is like a third liner. Without checking I suspect the depth wingers don't get as much minutes and he is double shifted, or is that the lines are all relatively getting regular minutes?
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 49
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,091
Quoting: BCAPP
The advanced stats seem to bear out that he is that good of a shut down centre, and when I've seen him (out of divisiion so only a few times per year and some playoff games), he seems good but not special. But frankly good defensive forwards usually appear that way. The best parts of their games are the little things...

He seems to be the modern version of that true defensive centre (vs the dominant two way "defensive" centres we think of now like Bergeron or Kopitar). I definitely cringe at paying a fourth liner over 1.5 mil, let alone for term, but he's a unique guy so it probably is worth it, even if it just feels wrong to me.

It should be noted that while he is the 4 C of the team, he is playing 13-14 minutes which is like a third liner. Without checking I suspect the depth wingers don't get as much minutes and he is double shifted, or is that the lines are all relatively getting regular minutes?

Two out of the last 3 years he’s been above average at driving offense, so he’s usually not an offensive blackhole which is a plus. He’s not like Riley Nash who is a pure shutdown guy, nothing happens when he’s on the ice.

One of the reasons why I don’t mind this deal is because his reputation will allow the Isles to trade him at any time if they choose to do so. His cap hit is low enough.

Yeah Trotz will bench Martin and roll out a Cizikas-Pageau-Clutterbuck line late in games.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 53
Two out of the last 3 years he’s been above average at driving offense, so he’s usually not an offensive blackhole which is a plus. He’s not like Riley Nash who is a pure shutdown guy, nothing happens when he’s on the ice.

One of the reasons why I don’t mind this deal is because his reputation will allow the Isles to trade him at any time if they choose to do so. His cap hit is low enough.

Yeah Trotz will bench Martin and roll out a Cizikas-Pageau-Clutterbuck line late in games.

yeah Nash is a nothing happens guy

According to JFresh data Cizikas is a top end defensive player and a close to average offensive player.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 59
yeah Nash is a nothing happens guy

According to JFresh data Cizikas is a top end defensive player and a close to average offensive player.

Yeah that’s what he’ll likely be this season. He was really good offensively a few years ago. I’m hoping after this season Clutterbuck retires and Cizikas gets better two way wingers. He’s been carrying Martin and Clutterbuck for a while.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 16 h 59
Yeah that’s what he’ll likely be this season. He was really good offensively a few years ago. I’m hoping after this season Clutterbuck retires and Cizikas gets better two way wingers. He’s been carrying Martin and Clutterbuck for a while.

The key with a player like that is a coach who knows how to use him
1 sept. 2021 à 17 h 1
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
Way too long for a bottom six player but I doubt this deal is going to have them punching the drywall in the future. Can be buried.
1 sept. 2021 à 17 h 4
The key with a player like that is a coach who knows how to use him

For some reason Trotz sees him as a pure defensive center who needs to play with grinders, but Cizikas could have had a much better impact if he had an increased role with better linemates. It is what it is.
2 sept. 2021 à 8 h 39
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
One of the best 4th line centers in the league. Great contract if your team isn't filled of overpaid bums.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage