Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $65 855 363 $0 $0 $15 644 637 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
2 108 696 $2 108 696 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
500 000 $500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 025 000 $1 025 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 550 000 $1 550 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 5
5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 175 000 $2 175 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, C
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 août 2021 à 3 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,490
Is this serious?
sabres89 a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 3 h 46
oh how i suffer
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 332
You have got to be kidding. There is literally no way that San Jose trades Ferraro away, much less their chance at Shane Wright and Ferraro.
FunMustBeAlways et CheechYou a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 4 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Is this serious?

Hi, I'd like to see this happen. If it doesn't stabilize Karlsson's performance than nothing.
31 août 2021 à 4 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,490
Quoting: Pete
Hi, I'd like to see this happen. If it doesn't stabilize Karlsson's performance than nothing.

I mean Buffalo obviously never considers this so no it won't happen
mokumboi, RaZZe, OldNYIfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 4 h 10
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 444
Quoting: bunnymcfoo
You have got to be kidding. There is literally no way that San Jose trades Ferraro away, much less their chance at Shane Wright and Ferraro.

Ferraro is a 2nd round draft pick from 2017... He has a bit more than 100 games in the NHL. Dahlin has over 100 points. Ferraro is in no way untouchable. This trade is basically a high first for a recent 1st overall pick, it makes no sense for the Sabres.

They could realistically be asking for a 1st and Eklund provided they get some protection if their pick happens to be THE 1st overall selection
OldNYIfan et sabres89 a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 4 h 33
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 91

The fact that you think the problem with this trade is SJ trading Ferraro is.... surprising to say the least.
Ledge_And_Dairy, kclar et sabres89 a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 6 h 44
oh how i suffer
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 332
Quoting: nikel29
The fact that you think the problem with this trade is SJ trading Ferraro is.... surprising to say the least.

Quoting: RaZZe
Ferraro is a 2nd round draft pick from 2017... He has a bit more than 100 games in the NHL. Dahlin has over 100 points. Ferraro is in no way untouchable. This trade is basically a high first for a recent 1st overall pick, it makes no sense for the Sabres.

They could realistically be asking for a 1st and Eklund provided they get some protection if their pick happens to be THE 1st overall selection

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's really clear that neither of you are Sharks fans.

Is Dahlin a genuinely excellent player who is clearly much better than Ferraro? Yep. Does that mean that this trade would be a good idea for San Jose? Nope.

It really does make sense in the abstract to try to get a player of Dahlin's caliber to build around - after all, San Jose's terrible, unmoveable, and unbuyoutable contracts start coming off the books in four years and they'll all be gone in six. Dahlin will only be 27 in six years and god knows that barring injury or disaster he's likely to be one of the better defensemen in the league. But the thing is, barring a miracle, I don't think we could afford to get him to that point.

Assuming that Dahlin signed a contract for $9 million (and that's unlikely - I think he'd get more) in 23/24, that would give us $50.5 million tied up in six contracts. Assume that the cap goes up a million dollars a year between then and now, for a grand total of $85 million - that would leave around $35 million dollars to figure out the rest of the roster, meaning an average of around $2 to $2.5 million per player. Oh, and Meier has a new contract the year before that, with the insane QO of $10 million dollars, so factor that in too.

Could it be done? Yeah, maybe, but it would be super freaking challenging and the team would have a really ridiculously bad roster. If Kane's contract vanishes off San Jose's books or Dahlin signed a $4 million bridge deal through 24/25, then it gets closer to do-able - but I don't think either of those things is very realistic.

Would I love to have a player of Dahlin's caliber and potential on the Sharks? Hell yeah, I would. But given that financial straightjacket and the contracts that have got us there, I think that the Sharks are going to have to put their heads down, accept that the next 3 or 4 seasons are going to be rough as hell, draft high, and develop their way out of this mess. That makes trading away any first round picks inadvisable in the extreme, which is a not insignificant part of my objection to this trade. With regards to Ferraro, I don't think I can overstate how much San Jose's fanbase has fallen in love with him in an incredibly short period of time - a poll conducted by the Athletic found that he's almost tied with Couture for the 2nd most popular player behind Hertl, who we're most likely going to lose this year. Fan engagement and enthusiasm is low and I think is likely to stay that way for a while - even adding a piece like Dahlin wouldn't magically make the Sharks good again - and trading away a player who is that popular in that situation is, imo, not a great plan. Additionally, we've got a major locker room issue, and he's widely regarded amongst his teammates as already being one of the best guys in the room.

Like I said: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's a complicated situation and it's just not as easy as Dahlin > Ferraro.
31 août 2021 à 7 h 11
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's really clear that neither of you are Sharks fans.

Is Dahlin a genuinely excellent player who is clearly much better than Ferraro? Yep. Does that mean that this trade would be a good idea for San Jose? Nope.

It really does make sense in the abstract to try to get a player of Dahlin's caliber to build around - after all, San Jose's terrible, unmoveable, and unbuyoutable contracts start coming off the books in four years and they'll all be gone in six. Dahlin will only be 27 in six years and god knows that barring injury or disaster he's likely to be one of the better defensemen in the league. But the thing is, barring a miracle, I don't think we could afford to get him to that point.

Assuming that Dahlin signed a contract for $9 million (and that's unlikely - I think he'd get more) in 23/24, that would give us $50.5 million tied up in six contracts. Assume that the cap goes up a million dollars a year between then and now, for a grand total of $85 million - that would leave around $35 million dollars to figure out the rest of the roster, meaning an average of around $2 to $2.5 million per player. Oh, and Meier has a new contract the year before that, with the insane QO of $10 million dollars, so factor that in too.

Could it be done? Yeah, maybe, but it would be super freaking challenging and the team would have a really ridiculously bad roster. If Kane's contract vanishes off San Jose's books or Dahlin signed a $4 million bridge deal through 24/25, then it gets closer to do-able - but I don't think either of those things is very realistic.

Would I love to have a player of Dahlin's caliber and potential on the Sharks? Hell yeah, I would. But given that financial straightjacket and the contracts that have got us there, I think that the Sharks are going to have to put their heads down, accept that the next 3 or 4 seasons are going to be rough as hell, draft high, and develop their way out of this mess. That makes trading away any first round picks inadvisable in the extreme, which is a not insignificant part of my objection to this trade. With regards to Ferraro, I don't think I can overstate how much San Jose's fanbase has fallen in love with him in an incredibly short period of time - a poll conducted by the Athletic found that he's almost tied with Couture for the 2nd most popular player behind Hertl, who we're most likely going to lose this year. Fan engagement and enthusiasm is low and I think is likely to stay that way for a while - even adding a piece like Dahlin wouldn't magically make the Sharks good again - and trading away a player who is that popular in that situation is, imo, not a great plan. Additionally, we've got a major locker room issue, and he's widely regarded amongst his teammates as already being one of the best guys in the room.

Like I said: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's a complicated situation and it's just not as easy as Dahlin > Ferraro.

Okay, it is really clear you are a Sharks fan.

I don't have the energy to read all that, but I get that Dahlin doesn't make a perfect fit. However, in that case you should word your comment better, because now it just looks like you're saying the value is off instead of saying Dahlin doesn't fit your timeline.
bunnymcfoo, nikel29 et sabres89 a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 13 h 12
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
Is this serious?
...There is literally no way that San Jose trades Ferraro away...
Quoting: Pete
Hi, I'd like to see this happen...
Ferraro is a 2nd round draft pick from 2017...
IDK, Buffalo may consider this.
The pick is not protected, Dahlin is not going to carry SJS to the playoffs, Ferraro would be the Sabres best current LHD.
I think if Ferraro was RHD, and Buffalo really wanted to blow up the team and load up on picks in 2022, they may do this.
But as it stands, it would take more than Ferraro and a lottery ticket to get the Sabres to trade away Dahlin and Eichel in the same year.
Bostonbruins a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 13 h 33
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
IDK, Buffalo may consider this.
The pick is not protected, Dahlin is not going to carry SJS to the playoffs, Ferraro would be the Sabres best current LHD.
I think if Ferraro was RHD, and Buffalo really wanted to blow up the team and load up on picks in 2022, they may do this.
But as it stands, it would take more than Ferraro and a lottery ticket to get the Sabres to trade away Dahlin and Eichel in the same year.

Ferraro would be their best LHD only because Dahlin leaves and they have no other NHL-calibre defensemen. They could consider this if they knew what the pick is going to be (pick 1-3), but Pacific is weak as a wet stick, so even SJ could sneak into the playoffs. If they were to shop Dahlin he would net close to, if not more, than what Eichel will
gretzkyghosts a aimé ceci.
31 août 2021 à 14 h 30
train, train
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 733
I mean Buffalo obviously never considers this so no it won't happen

Ok... anyone who follows the Sharks knows that Ferraro is untouchable save for a Mackinnon McDavid Matthews scenario. Ferraro's important not just as their best defender already (and a young one at that), but he's the centerpiece of the type of culture SJ is trying to build. He's basically untouchable -- it's fact. And to top it all off, Sharks aren't trading their 1st for Dahlin. Eichel maybe, not Dahlin.
31 août 2021 à 14 h 45
Quoting: CheechYou
Ok... anyone who follows the Sharks knows that Ferraro is untouchable save for a Mackinnon McDavid Matthews scenario. Ferraro's important not just as their best defender already (and a young one at that), but he's the centerpiece of the type of culture SJ is trying to build. He's basically untouchable -- it's fact. And to top it all off, Sharks aren't trading their 1st for Dahlin. Eichel maybe, not Dahlin.

Why is he valued so highly? Statistically, he would be, like, the 6th defenseman on the Panthers. He was kinda just average. This trade centers around a 21-year-old number 1 overall draft pick, a player who would change the culture and, in my mind at least, would be a helluva better cornerstone than Ferraro. Maybe I didn't watch enough games, but I barely even knew the guy before this proposal.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage