Forums/Armchair-GM

Svech

Créé par: Rooney
Équipe: 2021-22 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 26 août 2021
Publié: 26 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What an amazing deal, I love this for Canes fans!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
87 750 000 $
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $77 817 750 $0 $1 037 500 $3 682 250 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 3
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
26 août 2021 à 11 h 17
Bait Post Detector
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 225
This deal is already great but it'll be even sweeter in a few years
Rooney, sedin33 et vikhodush a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 11 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Go Jets Go
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,144
Quoting: Yari
This deal is already great but it'll be even sweeter in a few years

Absolutely!
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 11 h 23
... We're a "Team"..
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,137
Great contract!
vikhodush et Rooney a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 11 h 24
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,942
hey a win for the Canes in the off-season. It feels good.
vikhodush et Rooney a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 11 h 27
TNT
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 338
Was expecting about 8 million - just shy, great deal for the canes
Rooney et vikhodush a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 11 h 29
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Let’s go!!! Amped for this. Expected it to be 8.5-9 for a long term deal which I still would’ve been happy about. Think this will be a steal in 2-3 years.

Hope they go a similar route with Necas next year.
Rooney, MatthewsFan et Canesfan21_ a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 11 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
Canes W and i'm not a canes fan
Rooney, vikhodush et Canesfan21_ a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 11 h 43
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
That's a great deal and in a couple of years will be an absolute steal. W for Canes (um Dubas take notice pls)
Rooney, vikhodush et Canesfan21_ a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 12 h 14
Roster Architect
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 909
Quoting: MatthewsFan
That's a great deal and in a couple of years will be an absolute steal. W for Canes (um Dubas take notice pls)

Carolina fans better hope Svechnikov turns it around and reaches his potential because his last season definitely wasn't worthy of this deal.

As for the Dubas jab there.. I don't get how people are already throwing that comparison out there. All of Matthews, Nylander, and Marner had better ELC production than Svechnikov (Matthews and Marner had significantly better production) so they all had more leverage than Svechnikov did. I don't see any of the 3 deals that Toronto signed as bad deals, just because they're high valued doesn't mean they're bad. You could argue slightly overpaid by maybe $1M at most, but they're still not bad, it was all about negotiating leverage which Dubas didn't really have much of.
26 août 2021 à 13 h 12
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: TrueCanuck
Carolina fans better hope Svechnikov turns it around and reaches his potential because his last season definitely wasn't worthy of this deal.

As for the Dubas jab there.. I don't get how people are already throwing that comparison out there. All of Matthews, Nylander, and Marner had better ELC production than Svechnikov (Matthews and Marner had significantly better production) so they all had more leverage than Svechnikov did. I don't see any of the 3 deals that Toronto signed as bad deals, just because they're high valued doesn't mean they're bad. You could argue slightly overpaid by maybe $1M at most, but they're still not bad, it was all about negotiating leverage which Dubas didn't really have much of.

I don't think I am in the minority here that Dubas has an open check book and needs to get stronger at negations with his players. I think he is a great GM that still has room to grow, signing contracts would be one of those.

As for Svech, IMO he is a star in the making. This is the type of deal I wish the Leafs did with Marner (reported he would have signed 8 x 8 but the Leafs wanted to wait)
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 13 h 20
Roster Architect
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I don't think I am in the minority here that Dubas has an open check book and needs to get stronger at negations with his players. I think he is a great GM that still has room to grow, signing contracts would be one of those.

As for Svech, IMO he is a star in the making. This is the type of deal I wish the Leafs did with Marner (reported he would have signed 8 x 8 but the Leafs wanted to wait)

Marner had all the leverage and his production was far far greater than Svechnikov's on his ELC:

Svechnikov: 140pts in 205gp - 0.68ppg
Marner: 224pts in 241gp - 0.93ppg

Marner gets paid more because he produced far more - seems pretty simple.

Toronto wanted to wait with Marner because they were more focused on making Matthews new contract fit before worrying about Marner. Marner then felt upset because Toronto valued Matthews more (and rightfully so) and Marner felt disrespected from before and wanted to be viewed as the same level as importance as Matthews. Once Matthews signed his extension, the leverage was completely in Marner's ballpark. Hence why he turned down a 8 year $9.5M offer from Toronto after the Matthews deal was signed.

I'm not saying Marner isn't overpaid, but what I'm saying is that Dubas' hands were tied when he made that deal. If he didn't sign it, it was clear that other teams were willing to offersheet Marner and when you're a competing team it's never beneficial to lose a star player for draft picks. Dubas couldn't have had Marner sit out of camp either because then it's a Nylander situation all over again and you don't get the best outta the player after missing 2 months of action.
26 août 2021 à 13 h 35
Ovchinnikov 137
Marner had all the leverage and his production was far far greater than Svechnikov's on his ELC:

Svechnikov: 140pts in 205gp - 0.68ppg
Marner: 224pts in 241gp - 0.93ppg

Marner gets paid more because he produced far more - seems pretty simple.

Toronto wanted to wait with Marner because they were more focused on making Matthews new contract fit before worrying about Marner. Marner then felt upset because Toronto valued Matthews more (and rightfully so) and Marner felt disrespected from before and wanted to be viewed as the same level as importance as Matthews. Once Matthews signed his extension, the leverage was completely in Marner's ballpark. Hence why he turned down a 8 year $9.5M offer from Toronto after the Matthews deal was signed.

I'm not saying Marner isn't overpaid, but what I'm saying is that Dubas' hands were tied when he made that deal. If he didn't sign it, it was clear that other teams were willing to offersheet Marner and when you're a competing team it's never beneficial to lose a star player for draft picks. Dubas couldn't have had Marner sit out of camp either because then it's a Nylander situation all over again and you don't get the best outta the player after missing 2 months of action.

Correct, and I am not comparing Marner to Svech. But thx for the stats. I have faith in Dubas that over time he will get better at negotiating contracts
26 août 2021 à 18 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044

Cry on buddy, Svech will only get better and this deal will look like a steal in a few years. People complain that Svech had a down year, look at Matt Tkachuck’s stats from last season, very similar to Svech’s, no one every talks about how he had a down year,
Rooney a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 19 h 35
Roster Architect
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Cry on buddy, Svech will only get better and this deal will look like a steal in a few years. People complain that Svech had a down year, look at Matt Tkachuck’s stats from last season, very similar to Svech’s, no one every talks about how he had a down year,

No need for the arrogant jab at the start there kid.

As for Tkachuk vs Svechnikov debate, 2 things with that:
1. Yes you're right. Tkachuk had a down season - to which he's actually talked about a lot for it. Part of the reason why he's been in trade rumours.
2. Tkachuk's performance as absolutely nothing to do with Svechnikov's. Not even a second of it. The fact that you whine about another player having a bad season but not being talked about, and try to use that as an excuse for Svechnikov's contract is absolutely ridiculous. You clearly don't know anything about hockey if that's how you talk.

Go cry yourself about people talking about Svechnikov's contract. Until he produces at a better rate, he'll be talked about as overpaid. When Toronto signed Nylander he was talked about as overpaid until he started performing better - well Nylander makes less than Svechnikov despite outscoring and out performing him on their ELC's. The point is: until you perform for what your contract is worth, you're overpaid. You can argue potential all want. But until he lives up to it, it means nothing.
26 août 2021 à 19 h 37
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Quoting: ecupirate07
hey a win for the Canes in the off-season. It feels good.

The other questionable moves say otherwise
26 août 2021 à 21 h 6

1. Yes you're right. Tkachuk had a down season - to which he's actually talked about a lot for it. Part of the reason why he's been in trade rumours.
2. Tkachuk's performance as absolutely nothing to do with Svechnikov's. Not even a second of it. The fact that you whine about another player having a bad season but not being talked about, and try to use that as an excuse for Svechnikov's contract is absolutely ridiculous. You clearly don't know anything about hockey if that's how you talk.

Go cry yourself about people talking about Svechnikov's contract. Until he produces at a better rate, he'll be talked about as overpaid. When Toronto signed Nylander he was talked about as overpaid until he started performing better - well Nylander makes less than Svechnikov despite outscoring and out performing him on their ELC's. The point is: until you perform for what your contract is worth, you're overpaid. You can argue potential all want. But until he lives up to it, it means nothing.

And if you wait for players to break out you end up over paying them. It’s a two way street. If the Canes waited an extra year to sign guys like Slavin and Pesce they would’ve ended up paying a couple mill per year extra. This is a calculated risk just like with those guys.

Svech has played really well thus far in his young career and although he had a down year by his standards last season odds are that he continues developing and turns into an elite player at which point the contract would become a steal. It may not work out that way and there’s evidence of that happening with other players historically but I think it’s a very strong bet by the FO.

Also a good chance that last year with Covid and downstream impacts from it may have affected a young player still adjusting to a new environment with no family and friends around him due to the circumstances. Not an excuse but just another reason that I think it’s reasonable to think he bounces back and continues to develop when things return to normalize. I’d expect a lot of young guys around the league that had pretty random drop offs that we’ll see them bounce back strong this season.
Rooney a aimé ceci.
26 août 2021 à 21 h 6
Quoting: IconicHawk
The other questionable moves say otherwise

This was probably in reference to the Svech move alone. Not the other moves
26 août 2021 à 21 h 47
Your deal is bad
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 530

How do you start with "No need for the arrogant jab at the start there kid." and in the same message you say "Go cry yourself about people talking about Svechnikov's contract."?

You're no better than the person you're calling out...
vikhodush a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage