Forums/Armchair-GM

Simple and realistic - DeBrusk and Rakell

Créé par: vikhodush
Équipe: 2021-22 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 17 août 2021
Publié: 17 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just like the title, simple and realistic.

DeBrusk has had a rough last 1.5 seasons and doesn't seem to be in the B's long-term plans. I understand they're in win-now mode and this move doesn't make them better today in a vacuum, but it does provide additional cap space and assets to go improve their roster with in a separate deal.

Rakell is in the last year of his deal for a re-building team who is likely not to contend at all this year. They should be unloading him and other pending FAs for prospects, picks or young NHL talent. I think the value is pretty fair but can be tweaked.

Gardiner to LTIR to create more space which seems likely since the team is recommending yet another back surgery.

Team still has plenty of cap space to make additional in season moves at any position of need or if injuries creep in.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
26 750 000 $
Transactions
BOS
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (CAR)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
ANA
  1. Bokk, Dominik
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $78 011 722 $0 $537 500 $3 488 278 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 3
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 675 000 $3 675 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 463 139 $2 463 139 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 août 2021 à 11 h 15
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
A lot of people may disagree with me, but i think the decision has been made to see what happens with debrusk in Boston, and if the center situation doesn’t work out, then he’ll be a trade chip come deadline time.
vikhodush et Gofnut999 a aimé ceci.
17 août 2021 à 11 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
A lot of people may disagree with me, but i think the decision has been made to see what happens with debrusk in Boston, and if the center situation doesn’t work out, then he’ll be a trade chip come deadline time.

Could see Canes doing something like this at TDL.
17 août 2021 à 11 h 22
Banni
Quoting: vikhodush
Could see Canes doing something like this at TDL.

Ya that could make some sense. But of course, then there would be more variables. If debrusk stinks up the joint, he’s value goes down, but if he goes along the 25+ goal pace he was on prior, naturally it goes way up.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
17 août 2021 à 11 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Ya that could make some sense. But of course, then there would be more variables. If debrusk stinks up the joint, he’s value goes down, but if he goes along the 25+ goal pace he was on prior, naturally it goes way up.

Oh absolutely, I was just about to put that in my last post but clicked submit too soon. Although, if he's lighting it up again do you think he would be moved? I would think he's only moved if he's not playing well or if he's just playing so so.
17 août 2021 à 11 h 37
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 8,773
Acceptable
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
17 août 2021 à 11 h 52
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 639
Quoting: vikhodush
Oh absolutely, I was just about to put that in my last post but clicked submit too soon. Although, if he's lighting it up again do you think he would be moved? I would think he's only moved if he's not playing well or if he's just playing so so.

I think the Bruins want to move him because he is not their "type" of player. I am guessing their best case scenario is he gets off to a hot start and they move him.

I think the decision has been made, but they won't act on it while his value is low. I think they have a value they want in return and teams are nowhere really near that right now. The Bruins will be fine at center next year. I get the concern, but Krejci wasn't very good last year until Hall's arrival. .65ppg before and 1.35ppg after. I think that was largely due to his wingers, but that being said; Hall can and did drive a lot of the play, and the Bruins were able to be top 2 team in division for most of the season while getting very little from 2C & 3C.

Coyle should better now he is a healthy and has better wings. Haula was the 2C on Vegas in their Cup run and Studnicka appears ready to create a competition. Lysell doesn't seem years away either.

Hall's MVP season, I believe he had a rookie Hirschier as his center. It was Hirschier most productive year. That wasn't that long ago. I feel like everyone forgot just how good Hall is and are judging him on his seasons in Buffalo and Arizona. Those places aren't going to help anyone. If Chychrun was in any other Market he would be talked about like McAvoy.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
17 août 2021 à 11 h 54
Banni
Quoting: Propeller09
I think the Bruins want to move him because he is not their "type" of player. I am guessing their best case scenario is he gets off to a hot start and they move him.

I think the decision has been made, but they won't act on it while his value is low. I think they have a value they want in return and teams are nowhere really near that right now. The Bruins will be fine at center next year. I get the concern, but Krejci wasn't very good last year until Hall's arrival. .65ppg before and 1.35ppg after. I think that was largely due to his wingers, but that being said; Hall can and did drive a lot of the play, and the Bruins were able to be top 2 team in division for most of the season while getting very little from 2C & 3C.

Coyle should better now he is a healthy and has better wings. Haula was the 2C on Vegas in their Cup run and Studnicka appears ready to create a competition. Lysell doesn't seem years away either.

Hall's MVP season, I believe he had a rookie Hirschier as his center. It was Hirschier most productive year. That wasn't that long ago. I feel like everyone forgot just how good Hall is and are judging him on his seasons in Buffalo and Arizona. Those places aren't going to help anyone. If Chychrun was in any other Market he would be talked about like McAvoy.

As for the first part, i think that’s wildly incorrect.
17 août 2021 à 11 h 57
Démarrer sujet

Only thing I’d be wary of from a Bs fan perspective is haula. He was good at Vegas before his injury but really hasn’t been the same since. And their have been rumors following him ever since that he’s not a fav locker room guy. I’m sure it’s nothing to the extent of other guys but the fact that he’s seriously declined his last few seasons paired with him not being the best teammate doesn’t bode well. I don’t think he’ll be effective in the 3C role if that’s where they try to use him but time will tell
17 août 2021 à 13 h 20
As for the first part, i think that’s wildly incorrect.

I am not sure what you think is incorrect? The Bruins, and Cassidy like players who are hard to play against. Debrusk is not that. He is a good to possibly very good player.

I am not sure how much more obvious Sweeney could be. Marchand, Hall and Foligno is pretty much their left side for the next 2 years. Debrusk isn't great on his off side. At best he is your 3RW. Frederic & Haula could all also be ahead of him on the 3rd line as well depending on how things shake out with 2 & 3 C

Lauko and Lysell will probably be ready by the end of the year too.

They literally went out and traded for his replacement last year in Hall. They also signed two other guys with more established resumes that play his position and are probably not as skilled, but clearly much tougher to play against in Foligno and Haula. They also protected Frederic who usurped Debrusk on the depth charts for portions last year.

Last year he was their 2LW to start the year. Where do you think he is this year? Like I said, at best 3RW and that is pretty much only happening if Studnicka doesn't make the team.

Again, I don't think they have written him off. I just think he is further down the hill. If he doesn't get the chance in Boston, his value continues to diminish. I don't see where is chance comes from.
17 août 2021 à 13 h 37
Banni
I am not sure what you think is incorrect? The Bruins, and Cassidy like players who are hard to play against. Debrusk is not that. He is a good to possibly very good player.

I am not sure how much more obvious Sweeney could be. Marchand, Hall and Foligno is pretty much their left side for the next 2 years. Debrusk isn't great on his off side. At best he is your 3RW. Frederic & Haula could all also be ahead of him on the 3rd line as well depending on how things shake out with 2 & 3 C

Lauko and Lysell will probably be ready by the end of the year too.

They literally went out and traded for his replacement last year in Hall. They also signed two other guys with more established resumes that play his position and are probably not as skilled, but clearly much tougher to play against in Foligno and Haula. They also protected Frederic who usurped Debrusk on the depth charts for portions last year.

Last year he was their 2LW to start the year. Where do you think he is this year? Like I said, at best 3RW and that is pretty much only happening if Studnicka doesn't make the team.

Again, I don't think they have written him off. I just think he is further down the hill. If he doesn't get the chance in Boston, his value continues to diminish. I don't see where is chance comes from.

Debrusk was (not this year), ridiculously hard to play against. Awesome forechecker, speed to kill, and a bit of a mean streak. His angles were usually pretty good too. I think Kadri thought he was pretty tough to play against.
17 août 2021 à 16 h 31
Debrusk was (not this year), ridiculously hard to play against. Awesome forechecker, speed to kill, and a bit of a mean streak. His angles were usually pretty good too. I think Kadri thought he was pretty tough to play against.

None of that is true. Kadri is maniac. He is not hard to play against at all. He doesn't hit anything and never has. The most hits he had was hit rookie year with 70.

Yes, he is fast. He has no mean streak at all. His last fight was 2017. He has NEVER had more than 19PIMs in a season. Zero mean streak. Not hard to play against. Decent forechecker. Great speed.

I like Debrusk, but he isn't tough to play against. The Kadri play you are referring to was an accidental knee on knee hit that Kadri was trying to draw a call and lost his mind when he didn't get it. He probably would have gotten the call if everyone (including the refs) didn't know, that he doesn't actually hit anyone.

Anders Bjork had more hits than Debrusk on 30 games with the Bruins. He was also fast and a great forechecker.
17 août 2021 à 16 h 36
Banni
None of that is true. Kadri is maniac. He is not hard to play against at all. He doesn't hit anything and never has. The most hits he had was hit rookie year with 70.

Yes, he is fast. He has no mean streak at all. His last fight was 2017. He has NEVER had more than 19PIMs in a season. Zero mean streak. Not hard to play against. Decent forechecker. Great speed.

I like Debrusk, but he isn't tough to play against. The Kadri play you are referring to was an accidental knee on knee hit that Kadri was trying to draw a call and lost his mind when he didn't get it. He probably would have gotten the call if everyone (including the refs) didn't know, that he doesn't actually hit anyone.

Anders Bjork had more hits than Debrusk on 30 games with the Bruins. He was also fast and a great forechecker.

Hitting isn’t synonymous with being hard to play against dude. Neither is PIMs. Neither are fights. I think it’s time to take the eyes off the stat sheet and onto the ice.

That also wasn’t the play i was referring to with kadri.
18 août 2021 à 10 h 27
Modifié 18 août 2021 à 10 h 32
Hitting isn’t synonymous with being hard to play against dude. Neither is PIMs. Neither are fights. I think it’s time to take the eyes off the stat sheet and onto the ice.

That also wasn’t the play i was referring to with kadri.

I think you will be very hard pressed to find anyone that think Debrusk is hard to play against. Cassidy sat him because he was coasting. Including in the playoffs. Coyle does not hit anything or get a PIM's, he is hard to play against. Hence why he didn't sit in the playoffs. The effort and willingness was always there.

In reference to taking my eyes off the stat sheet - What are you talking about. YOU mentioned Debrusk's mean streak - hence me bringing up PIM's and Fights. David Krejci didn't hit anything either, but if he went into a corner, the Bruins were coming out with control more often than not. When Debrusk goes into a corner the other team is breaking out and JD is probably sitting on his butt adjusting his helmet.

Cassidy:
“We just feel we’re not getting the effort required,” Cassidy added. “It’s not always about the scoresheet. It’s about being one of 20 guys helping you win, and sometimes it’s there, and sometimes it’s not. We’ve tried different messaging with the player and sometimes going upstairs and taking a look is not a bad way to go to put a different perspective on it. Maybe he’ll have a better appreciation for being in [the lineup] and then maybe educating yourself on what you see up top than you do in live action.”

He was benched multiple times after this.

Also for poops and giggles - what Kadri play were you talking about?
18 août 2021 à 11 h 7
Banni
I think you will be very hard pressed to find anyone that think Debrusk is hard to play against. Cassidy sat him because he was coasting. Including in the playoffs. Coyle does not hit anything or get a PIM's, he is hard to play against. Hence why he didn't sit in the playoffs. The effort and willingness was always there.

In reference to taking my eyes off the stat sheet - What are you talking about. YOU mentioned Debrusk's mean streak - hence me bringing up PIM's and Fights. David Krejci didn't hit anything either, but if he went into a corner, the Bruins were coming out with control more often than not. When Debrusk goes into a corner the other team is breaking out and JD is probably sitting on his butt adjusting his helmet.

Cassidy:
“We just feel we’re not getting the effort required,” Cassidy added. “It’s not always about the scoresheet. It’s about being one of 20 guys helping you win, and sometimes it’s there, and sometimes it’s not. We’ve tried different messaging with the player and sometimes going upstairs and taking a look is not a bad way to go to put a different perspective on it. Maybe he’ll have a better appreciation for being in [the lineup] and then maybe educating yourself on what you see up top than you do in live action.”

He was benched multiple times after this.

Also for poops and giggles - what Kadri play were you talking about?

Debrusk sucked last year.

I’m operating under the assumption that the 24 year old didn’t just forget how to play hockey, and something was up. Not exactly a shocking scenario given what happened last year.

If he doesn’t rebound, he’ll be tough to play against in the AHL. The first three years of his career he was very hard to play against.
18 août 2021 à 11 h 20
Debrusk sucked last year.

I’m operating under the assumption that the 24 year old didn’t just forget how to play hockey, and something was up. Not exactly a shocking scenario given what happened last year.

If he doesn’t rebound, he’ll be tough to play against in the AHL. The first three years of his career he was very hard to play against.

grimace - I guess we will agree to disagree. His effort/consistency has always been his issue. Even when he wasn't having a bad year.
18 août 2021 à 11 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,942
I like the idea and that team is pretty deep. I don’t see us trading 3 straight 2nd rounders as we highly value our draft picks. Maybe we slide a prospect in for one of those 2nds.

In this scenario put Rakell with Aho and Svech. A nino-staal, turbo third line would have to be one of the best shutdown lines in the league who can provide good scoring opportunities as well.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
18 août 2021 à 11 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ecupirate07
I like the idea and that team is pretty deep. I don’t see us trading 3 straight 2nd rounders as we highly value our draft picks. Maybe we slide a prospect in for one of those 2nds.

In this scenario put Rakell with Aho and Svech. A nino-staal, turbo third line would have to be one of the best shutdown lines in the league who can provide good scoring opportunities as well.

Yeah, I'd be fine swapping one of the picks in Debrusk deal for a prospect. That's what I like about this lineup, there's a lot of flexibility with moving guys like DeBrusk, Rakell, Turbo, Nino up and down the lineup for matchups and situational plays and to just distribute the scoring evenly.
18 août 2021 à 14 h 3
Banni
grimace - I guess we will agree to disagree. His effort/consistency has always been his issue. Even when he wasn't having a bad year.

His effort wasn’t an issue until this year. I personally just think his legs were dead. Hmmmm, wonder if that might have to do with a once in a generation situation where there was a shortened off season and no preseason, or if a 24 year old just forgot how to skate.
18 août 2021 à 15 h 8
His effort wasn’t an issue until this year. I personally just think his legs were dead. Hmmmm, wonder if that might have to do with a once in a generation situation where there was a shortened off season and no preseason, or if a 24 year old just forgot how to skate.

No, I don't think it had anything to do with that at all. He is 24, his conditioning should not be an issue. If it is. That is the issue.

The only thing I am willing to give him a pass on is the mental health aspect of COVID. That's it. If you are trying to tell me he was out of shape. That is 100% on him. The rest of the league managed to get themselves ready. If you are saying he couldn't get himself ready because mentally he was a mess, I get it.

I like Debrusk a lot and I hope he has a great year. If I am ranking the Bruins forward group on how tough they are to play against - IE wearing down other teams D and tiring them out. He is pretty much dead last.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage