Forums/Armchair-GM

will the Islanders even make the playoffs

Créé par: Martinmarincin
Équipe: 2021-22 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 10 août 2021
Publié: 10 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Isles are not a good regular season team and metro is very tough. Carolina is a lock. Caps and Pens are ALWAYS good in the regular season. Rangers are even better and are due to finally make it. Philly made a lot of improvements and always make the playoffs after they missed it the year before. finally, the Devils added a lot so dont count them out either
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
55 200 000 $
43 950 000 $
2750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
33 400 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de COL
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $76 879 188 $1 365 854 $1 325 000 $4 620 812 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 5
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 3
3 950 000 $3 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 5
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 200 000 $5 200 000 $
G
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 août 2021 à 8 h 46
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
This will be fun to follow
impaaaaact a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 8 h 51
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,746
I think it’s a stretch to say Carolina is a lock at this point, their goaltending is still questionable to me. Both guys are injury prone and mid tier guys… Carolina has also lost Hamilton and has a locker room cancer to deal with now as well. As someone who generally roots for Carolina, I’d say they are a bubble team in the metro.

Edit: Penguins also didn’t address their goaltending… I think the playoffs will come down primarily to inter division play. If the islanders are good at that then they’ll make the playoffs, if not… well idk
10 août 2021 à 9 h 0
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
This will be fun to follow

If this bozo thinks the isles will miss the playoffs, they are a lock to make the playoffs 😹 - predicted them to finisher 2nd to last two years in a row

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2140627
10 août 2021 à 9 h 3
This is the worst analysis I’ve ever seen. The rangers traded their best RW for a bag of pucks , Philly traded for the worst defenseman in the NHL and signed the worst goaltender in the NHL to be in a tandem with Carter Hart. Carolina + Pittsburgh both got significantly worse. Am I missing something?

The islanders traded their worst defenseman for a 2nd. They have arguably the best D pairing in the League as well as the best goaltending tandem. I think they’ll be alright.
10 août 2021 à 9 h 3
Démarrer sujet
the goat Marincin
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Quoting: Db1899
If this bozo thinks the isles will miss the playoffs, they are a lock to make the playoffs 😹 - predicted them to finisher 2nd to last two years in a row

they did just make the playoffs last year.. it isnt that far of a stretch is a stacked division imo
UBS_ARENA a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 9 h 13
Quoting: Martinmarincin
they did just make the playoffs last year.. it isnt that far of a stretch is a stacked division imo

This post just reeks of confirmation bias.
10 août 2021 à 9 h 22
Mentions "j'aime": 795
My first problem with this team is that I really don't think it's gonna look like this on opening night. I trust in Lou and I don't think there's any way we don't make a deal for a LD2. Playing Greeneon the second pair is the best way to not make the playoffs and tho Lou and trotz really like "their guys" they aren't dumb. So I don't agree with the premise of this acgm.

As for what teams will make the playoffs, rangers have no RW1, Pittsburgh goaltending is atrocious, the caps defense is extremely thin not to mention unproven in net. The flyers will be good I really like their team but they can finish anywhere from 1 to 7 in the division, that will mostly be based off how hart does. We will get to see if last year was really because of the defense or because of him. The Canes got worse everywhere, forwards, defense, and in net. As for the devils they're not there yet. Would they be a playoff team in the pacific, yeah and maybe in the central, but with so many teams on front of them i just don't see how they jump that many teams.
Martinmarincin a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 9 h 26
Démarrer sujet
the goat Marincin
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 15
Quoting: UBS_ARENA
My first problem with this team is that I really don't think it's gonna look like this on opening night. I trust in Lou and I don't think there's any way we don't make a deal for a LD2. Playing Greeneon the second pair is the best way to not make the playoffs and tho Lou and trotz really like "their guys" they aren't dumb. So I don't agree with the premise of this acgm.

As for what teams will make the playoffs, rangers have no RW1, Pittsburgh goaltending is atrocious, the caps defense is extremely thin not to mention unproven in net. The flyers will be good I really like their team but they can finish anywhere from 1 to 7 in the division, that will mostly be based off how hart does. We will get to see if last year was really because of the defense or because of him. The Canes got worse everywhere, forwards, defense, and in net. As for the devils they're not there yet. Would they be a playoff team in the pacific, yeah and maybe in the central, but with so many teams on front of them i just don't see how they jump that many teams.

I like your analysis
UBS_ARENA a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 9 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 795
Quoting: Martinmarincin
I like your analysis

I think the islanders find a way to make the playoffs and them look out because we are out for blood with a weakened Tampa bay.
10 août 2021 à 11 h 16
Banni

Such a bitter little baby
10 août 2021 à 11 h 18
Such a bitter little baby

I’m actually very happy that the islanders have been better than your leafs despite your predicting otherwise 😂 - hey why don’t you go make another prediction and put the isles last
10 août 2021 à 11 h 22
Banni
I’m actually very happy that the islanders have been better than your leafs despite your predicting otherwise 😂 - hey why don’t you go make another prediction and put the isles last

Look sir, I am going to stop responding because at this point the following has been established. You have no idea what bragging means, you don't fully understand what facts are and your pride in being a better loser is ridiculous. All of that added together leads me to the assumption that arguing with leaf fans gets you off. So I'm going to stop giving you a reason to jerk off. You're such a loser.
10 août 2021 à 11 h 31
Look sir, I am going to stop responding because at this point the following has been established. You have no idea what bragging means, you don't fully understand what facts are and your pride in being a better loser is ridiculous. All of that added together leads me to the assumption that arguing with leaf fans gets you off. So I'm going to stop giving you a reason to jerk off. You're such a loser.

Imagine being a fan of a team that has choked in the 1st round 3 years in a row? Couldn’t be me! I cannot wait until the Leafs make it 4 years in a row. It is going to be amazing.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 34
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 24
So a bunch of teams in the Metro made moves, but does sound and fury signify anything? Not really.

1. Carolina lost Hamilton and revamped their goaltending. Deangelo might work out for them but the odds are long. At best they've maintained their position, nothing more.
2. Rangers got some depth but they have almost zero scoring- Lafreniere, Kravtsov, and Kakko haven't done it yet- and their 3rd and 4th lines are tire fires of offensive production. Drury wants to out Islander the Islanders, but he doesn't have a Cizikas nor does he have a Pageau. I don't even think he has a Martin. And their defense is young but scoring a ton against Philly, Devils, and Sabres this past season is not going to work against quality teams.
3. The Flyers revamped their defense but I'm not sure it will work. I love the Ryan Ellis move but the Ristolainen move is terrible. And getting Martin Jones to backstop an Alain Vigneault team? AV still thinks he's the reason the Rangers were good years ago- King Henrik was why. Hart and Jones aren't the King.
4. Penguins- They lost McCann and Tanev, and Malkin's out for a few months. Crosby and Letang are older, and while I like Jeff Carter and Brock McGinn it's not enough. It's a team that's hoping Marino, Petterson, and Zohorna elevate their games. Oh, and Jarry's still in net. Josh Bailey says hi.
5. The Capitals are basically the same team from last year, except they lost Dillon and didn't really improve otherwise. What's Kuznetsov's condition going forwards? How healthy is Niklas Backstrom? They're getting older, and that's about it.
6. New Jersey had a good offseason but who's gonna score? I like Hischier, Hughes, and Sharangovich. Beyond that, who? Wood? Hamilton? They’re definitely better but I don’t know what that means.
7. The Blue Jackets look terrible but I think they might not be. They’ve got a new coach and they’ve gotten rid of all the pieces that don’t work (or didn’t want to be there). They do have a lot of young talent, we’ll see how it fits in. I don’t think they’re a playoff team but I do think they’ll be fun to watch.

So, where does that leave us? Isles’ aren’t done making their moves- you left out Parise and probably elevating Bolduc or Salo to LD2/3- and you overpaid Sorokin and didn’t bring back Cizikas. Are you trying to hamstring the team when it’s known that they’ve already resigned Cizikas and Parise? And they’re likely making a trade or two? Tell, me, who’s making the playoffs instead of the Isles, when the actual data shows that most of the Metro got worse this offseason?
10 août 2021 à 15 h 7
Banni
Quoting: Fafhrd
So a bunch of teams in the Metro made moves, but does sound and fury signify anything? Not really.

1. Carolina lost Hamilton and revamped their goaltending. Deangelo might work out for them but the odds are long. At best they've maintained their position, nothing more.
2. Rangers got some depth but they have almost zero scoring- Lafreniere, Kravtsov, and Kakko haven't done it yet- and their 3rd and 4th lines are tire fires of offensive production. Drury wants to out Islander the Islanders, but he doesn't have a Cizikas nor does he have a Pageau. I don't even think he has a Martin. And their defense is young but scoring a ton against Philly, Devils, and Sabres this past season is not going to work against quality teams.
3. The Flyers revamped their defense but I'm not sure it will work. I love the Ryan Ellis move but the Ristolainen move is terrible. And getting Martin Jones to backstop an Alain Vigneault team? AV still thinks he's the reason the Rangers were good years ago- King Henrik was why. Hart and Jones aren't the King.
4. Penguins- They lost McCann and Tanev, and Malkin's out for a few months. Crosby and Letang are older, and while I like Jeff Carter and Brock McGinn it's not enough. It's a team that's hoping Marino, Petterson, and Zohorna elevate their games. Oh, and Jarry's still in net. Josh Bailey says hi.
5. The Capitals are basically the same team from last year, except they lost Dillon and didn't really improve otherwise. What's Kuznetsov's condition going forwards? How healthy is Niklas Backstrom? They're getting older, and that's about it.
6. New Jersey had a good offseason but who's gonna score? I like Hischier, Hughes, and Sharangovich. Beyond that, who? Wood? Hamilton? They’re definitely better but I don’t know what that means.
7. The Blue Jackets look terrible but I think they might not be. They’ve got a new coach and they’ve gotten rid of all the pieces that don’t work (or didn’t want to be there). They do have a lot of young talent, we’ll see how it fits in. I don’t think they’re a playoff team but I do think they’ll be fun to watch.

So, where does that leave us? Isles’ aren’t done making their moves- you left out Parise and probably elevating Bolduc or Salo to LD2/3- and you overpaid Sorokin and didn’t bring back Cizikas. Are you trying to hamstring the team when it’s known that they’ve already resigned Cizikas and Parise? And they’re likely making a trade or two? Tell, me, who’s making the playoffs instead of the Isles, when the actual data shows that most of the Metro got worse this offseason?

Referencing teams being old as a bad thing and not using that same logic against the Islanders is pure homerism. The Islanders are one of the oldest teams in the league. How long before you multiple 30+ year olds with big term making 5 million a year take a step back? Crosby even with a step back is better than anyone on the Islanders roster. I think some of what you said is right and your team definitely has a good shot at a playoff spot. I think the Rangers will be much better as will Jersey and the rest of the division is either the same but older or worse and older. Carolina's defence and goaltending is rather suspect now. Washington, Pittsburgh and Philly all should still be decent though. How much better the Rangers and Jersey are over last year will say alot about how the division plays out. I don't see this division being as strong as most do. I think it will be a very even division since there aren't many teams beyond Columbus who I think will be downright bad but the parity will be strong which could result in everyone being close with no real front runner.

It's not like the Atlantic or the Central where there are 3 or 4 teams that are really good and them some bad ones to beat up on. It will be hard to predict the metro this season. The Pacific will be equally difficult but mainly because everyone other than Vegas is a bubble team in any other division so who knows what will happen.
11 août 2021 à 0 h 7
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 24
Referencing teams being old as a bad thing and not using that same logic against the Islanders is pure homerism. The Islanders are one of the oldest teams in the league. How long before you multiple 30+ year olds with big term making 5 million a year take a step back? Crosby even with a step back is better than anyone on the Islanders roster. I think some of what you said is right and your team definitely has a good shot at a playoff spot. I think the Rangers will be much better as will Jersey and the rest of the division is either the same but older or worse and older. Carolina's defence and goaltending is rather suspect now. Washington, Pittsburgh and Philly all should still be decent though. How much better the Rangers and Jersey are over last year will say alot about how the division plays out. I don't see this division being as strong as most do. I think it will be a very even division since there aren't many teams beyond Columbus who I think will be downright bad but the parity will be strong which could result in everyone being close with no real front runner.

It's not like the Atlantic or the Central where there are 3 or 4 teams that are really good and them some bad ones to beat up on. It will be hard to predict the metro this season. The Pacific will be equally difficult but mainly because everyone other than Vegas is a bubble team in any other division so who knows what will happen.

So, who's old on the Isles? Don't say "Andy Greene" because he's on a 1 year contract. Who's old? 4th line guys who are playing maybe 12 minutes a night? The actual core of the team's young (Barzal, Wahlstrom, Beauviller, Pageau, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson, Mayfield, Sorokin). Oh, and they also have Salo and Bolduc likely getting LD2/3 time this year.

Also- Oh no, I'm an Isles fan, I can't have an opinion! Whatsoever shall I do? I must defer to other teams/fans opinions, because I'm incapable of doing analysis, because reasons. Seriously, stop that ad homimen crap. I'm not going to bother to respond until you apologize for your homerism line. That was uncalled for, and unprofessional. Grow up.
11 août 2021 à 1 h 49
Banni
Quoting: Fafhrd
So, who's old on the Isles? Don't say "Andy Greene" because he's on a 1 year contract. Who's old? 4th line guys who are playing maybe 12 minutes a night? The actual core of the team's young (Barzal, Wahlstrom, Beauviller, Pageau, Pelech, Pulock, Dobson, Mayfield, Sorokin). Oh, and they also have Salo and Bolduc likely getting LD2/3 time this year.

Also- Oh no, I'm an Isles fan, I can't have an opinion! Whatsoever shall I do? I must defer to other teams/fans opinions, because I'm incapable of doing analysis, because reasons. Seriously, stop that ad homimen crap. I'm not going to bother to respond until you apologize for your homerism line. That was uncalled for, and unprofessional. Grow up.

The average age of the Islanders is one of the oldest in the league. Lee, Bailey, Martin, Nelson, Pageau, and Varlamov all have term and are over 30 or will be nearing their mid 30's when their deals end. Palmieri is 30 and is apparently signing for 5 over 5 years or more. Cazikas is over 30 as well. Pittsburgh is younger on average than the Islanders. Their old players are Crosby and Malkin, both of who are terrific players still.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage